samantha_lee

Wedding @ SIBU, SARAWAK

Hi D & Z:

I will having my banquet at sibu too on Jan 09. Can PM me the restaurant quotation? Besides, can share with me simmy's quotation? Have you appoint any MUA? any good recomendation? I am staying at KL, so do not have time to fly there do research... so really depand on info in this forum... Hope to hear from you...

Cheers.

Hi all,

I am from Sibu, Sarawak, but my FH is from Seremban. We both studied and work in KL so we prepare our wed. everything over here at KL (anyway Seremban and KL is near). As for bride side we will have a simple church blessing (no full mass, coz' my FH is not a catholic), and a dinner reception.

I'll have to thank all of you for the sharing coz' I manage to book Simmy as my photographer for the day (15.11.2008). I am very happy about it.

As for the day's make up I am still searching I managed to get some contact from this forum so i get my cousin (she is now in Sibu) to check up the skills, price and availability for me. Is really difficult when you are not personally there... but we are going back to Sibu this July... hope I can sort out things there....

As for the reception my parents managed to book KingWood for the night... not sure about the quotation... really got to thank my families and friends in Sibu for arranging and planning most of the stuff for me...

If there is anymore MUA, please share ya~!

Hi all,

First of all, thx everyone for sharing the infor of wedding here. My wedding will be end of this year. But i havent found my photographer yet. Anyone to intro as SimmyTan have been engage by someone. Please help to intro someone. Besides that, what about videographer, MUA and etc?

Thanks.

Regards,

JoJa

Hi, all:

Hi philipjohnlau,

As you mentioned that the florist package is RM1300. May i know what is included in the package?

Regards,

JoJa

Hi!

sorry for the late reply. have pm you. pls check your mailbox.

Hi D & Z:

I will having my banquet at sibu too on Jan 09. Can PM me the restaurant quotation? Besides, can share with me simmy's quotation? Have you appoint any MUA? any good recomendation? I am staying at KL, so do not have time to fly there do research... so really depand on info in this forum... Hope to hear from you...

Cheers.

hi Datina and Samantha,

i'm a sibuan too..but i'm working at serdang rite now. i'm going to held my wedding in sibu and i'm quite worried becoz i dun have time to do the prepareations. my wedding is end of august this year and my FH is a sabahan and are now working there too.

so, see, both of us are not in sibu to do the preparations..i'm so stressed out but i tried not to worry too much. what i do is i planned everything: make a checklist, budget list, tentative proggrame, detailed tentative programme with who should do what and what actions to be taken during certain events occured (from early in the morning before solemnization till the reception at the hotel) and then ake a copy and mail it to my mum. and from time to time i'll call them to get any updates. so far, fortunately i faced no problem..

yes, sibu is only a small town, samantha, and though i'm a sibuan, my standard is like KL ppl. but, as i said, sibu is a small town, so don't expect to get everything up to your standard. like what i do is, i set a high standard but try to achieve it with different approaches. maybe not as what i expected but what's more important is, i'm happy, everybody also happy. i dun want to burden my parents too much just to satisfy me. sometimes, simple is enough..

now what's left is i'm looking for MUA. my gown is booked from sabah bridal shop so i cant do my make up there (sabah). i want my MUA to come over my house but my mum don't agree because she so ashamed that our house is too small and no space since we are that many of our relatives and friends will come over or sleep over in our house on that day. my mum has a friend who opens a saloon but i'm not that confident her friend can give me what i want (the make-up and hairdo). for i'm looking for simple and natural make-up and hairdo but yet still look amazing..i think you guys know what i mean..

so datina, is that shiseido really ok? where is it? how about the price they charged? and the florist...Nicky? i wish i have enough time and budget to do the surveys..not that my parents can't do it nor that i dont trust them but seeing their job myself would satisfies me more. datina, if you can contact me through email, please do so. i'm running out of time. i'm new to this portal so i dont really know how it works..

and samantha, regardless where AD is being held, what most important is everybody is happy at the end of the night. if you want to let your FIL to do the preparations, always communicate with them to discuss what you want, what they can do and what should do for your dream wedding. when is your wed by the way? i would like to recommend you to visit this homepage http://www.mywedding.com/bryanemily/index.html. the husband is from sibu and the wife is from kl.

hi Datina and Samantha,

i'm a sibuan too..but i'm working at serdang rite now. i'm going to held my wedding in sibu and i'm quite worried becoz i dun have time to do the prepareations. my wedding is end of august this year and my FH is a sabahan and are now working there too.

so, see, both of us are not in sibu to do the preparations..i'm so stressed out but i tried not to worry too much. what i do is i planned everything: make a checklist, budget list, tentative proggrame, detailed tentative programme with who should do what and what actions to be taken during certain events occured (from early in the morning before solemnization till the reception at the hotel) and then ake a copy and mail it to my mum. and from time to time i'll call them to get any updates. so far, fortunately i faced no problem..

yes, sibu is only a small town, samantha, and though i'm a sibuan, my standard is like KL ppl. but, as i said, sibu is a small town, so don't expect to get everything up to your standard. like what i do is, i set a high standard but try to achieve it with different approaches. maybe not as what i expected but what's more important is, i'm happy, everybody also happy. i dun want to burden my parents too much just to satisfy me. sometimes, simple is enough..

now what's left is i'm looking for MUA. my gown is booked from sabah bridal shop so i cant do my make up there (sabah). i want my MUA to come over my house but my mum don't agree because she so ashamed that our house is too small and no space since we are that many of our relatives and friends will come over or sleep over in our house on that day. my mum has a friend who opens a saloon but i'm not that confident her friend can give me what i want (the make-up and hairdo). for i'm looking for simple and natural make-up and hairdo but yet still look amazing..i think you guys know what i mean..

so datina, is that shiseido really ok? where is it? how about the price they charged? and the florist...Nicky? i wish i have enough time and budget to do the surveys..not that my parents can't do it nor that i dont trust them but seeing their job myself would satisfies me more. datina, if you can contact me through email, please do so. i'm running out of time. i'm new to this portal so i dont really know how it works..

and samantha, regardless where AD is being held, what most important is everybody is happy at the end of the night. if you want to let your FIL to do the preparations, always communicate with them to discuss what you want, what they can do and what should do for your dream wedding. when is your wed by the way? i would like to recommend you to visit this homepage http://www.mywedding.com/bryanemily/index.html. the husband is from sibu and the wife is from kl.

Hi..My fiance oso from sibu.i'm from malacca...our Sibu preparation all prepare by my Fiance..for make up i can introduce my BS make up artist..i love the make up espically the Tauke of the BS..RM150 if no mistaken..the only place at sibu BS..i juz love tat onje only..my standard oso like wat u wana like kl style..Even my Banquet me and my hubby look for two florist to decor.....Ya sibu a small town...For decor u can look for Flower Time&Floral Art &Deco, NEar Cafe Cafe/Town Temple 019-2028843/0168751575 and for Make up artist, 084311399 No.22-i, 2Nd Floor, Jalan Tun Abang Haji Openg (Wishing Star Bridal Studio) u may c the photo they taken..and c the Make up. www.mywedding.com/philipnjessi..hope tis will help u.. :)

Hi missD81,

thanks for ur advice..... for the preparation in sibu... ehm.. so far so good....

if u need any information of MUA... i can introduce my MUA for u... she is sibuan... but didnt attached with any BS in sibu... just a freelance... but she really good.... like her job....

cheers,

samantha

hi philipjohnlau,

really nice dress there huh? i like the black dress...

is that ur MUA do your hairdo or your BS? the picture they took, not bad...and your personal studio photoshoot was awesome too!! But i've done all that so i dont think i need to undergo another photoshoot session..it's so tiring...hehehe...

anyway, u can recommend me your MUA. i'll give her a call later...thanks philipjohnlau...

by the way, where are you going to held your wed? i mean, the hotel...

hi Datina and Samantha,

hi there

I just had my wedding in sibu end of last month. I had my dinner at tanahmas hotel and it was good especially the food.

About the MUA, i had mine with KOSE, Kathy. I really like the make up.. very natural... too bad i dont have her contact right now..

Hello tlching77:

Im going to have my wedding next year Jan... still trying to find MUA for my big day... Mind to help me to find the Kathy's contact number? Or else tell me where to meet her? Is she working at KOSE counter at Parkson?

Thanks a bunch.

Hello tlching77:

Im going to have my wedding next year Jan... still trying to find MUA for my big day... Mind to help me to find the Kathy's contact number? Or else tell me where to meet her? Is she working at KOSE counter at Parkson?

Thanks a bunch.

You can go directly to the center same row as Hong Leong bank. She is working there

Hi Samantha,

Mind to share your MUA?

Hi missD81,

thanks for ur advice..... for the preparation in sibu... ehm.. so far so good....

if u need any information of MUA... i can introduce my MUA for u... she is sibuan... but didnt attached with any BS in sibu... just a freelance... but she really good.... like her job....

cheers,

samantha

Hello tlching77:

Sorry that i cant remember where is Hong Leong bank is. Is it situated next to HSBC bank building? Can you tell me the name of that shop and contact number? Mind to share your quotation too?

Thanks!

hi Samantha, i saw ur photo and ur FH photo appear at the St.mary Church.. Congrats on ur big day

Hi... cecehsw...

u can try to email to my MUA... liz_chiu@yahoo.com

she's currently based in singapore but originally from sibu.....

Hi Samantha,

Thanks for sharing the MUA, I've email her and hope to get from her soon... is there any photos to share? I hope to see her make up skill.

Since you said she is based in S'pore, how did you manage to do the tria?.. wondering how can I make a trial appointment with her... I will be back to Sibu this weekend from 26 July to 29 July...

philipjohnlau and Samantha,

You two's church wedding will be at St. Marry church issit? hmm.. mine most probably will be at Sacred Heart church... will go back this weekend to arrange those things...

Hi... cecehsw...

u can try to email to my MUA... liz_chiu@yahoo.com

she's currently based in singapore but originally from sibu.....

oic...which father???mine one is Father Paul Chee..hahha but now my hubby told me tat, we r crushing with other couple on tat day...actually we choose 9.00am and noe someone had taken tat time..hi`... nd to wait for our pre marriage certificate b done then look for him again...preciously we had met him and he say no one on tat day...then after my hubby went to confirm at St.mary.. Leo, the st.mary in charge person told him, someone had taken the time... oso father paul chee do the mass.

Oh.. i din know Father Pual Chee will go to St. Mary for mass... i tot St. Mary is still the master father Tam (we call him a bai).. hahahahha. If it is only the timing can u push ealier or later a bit? So u can still get the same father and same church? Don worry, everything will be sorted out nicely~

My church wedding will be on 15 November, i hope no one clashed with mine... I am going back to sibu this weekend to sort out all these things... also to look for MUA at the same time... wish me luck man.. hahahahaha

oic...which father???mine one is Father Paul Chee..hahha but now my hubby told me tat, we r crushing with other couple on tat day...actually we choose 9.00am and noe someone had taken tat time..hi`... nd to wait for our pre marriage certificate b done then look for him again...preciously we had met him and he say no one on tat day...then after my hubby went to confirm at St.mary.. Leo, the st.mary in charge person told him, someone had taken the time... oso father paul chee do the mass.

wow..tat great ask ur uncle to do for it...actually i oso plan to ask him to do the mass..c..c no nd lar...Cause my hubby ask Charles kong to help to ask..sure u know him too rite..haha..u may oso go to wishing star look for ur MUA..juz survey survey nia..cause my MUA will ask her to do it...Wishing Star the BS name near Dewan Suarah thr.. ya..St.mary nowaday everytime different father..My hubby was the Altarserver thr...Soo easy to talk...u got any friendster acc??hahaha..

Your hubby must be St. Mary's alterserver.. coz' i look at your photos tot i may know your hubby but too bad i don know him.. hehehehe.. I mostly go to sacred heart for masses.

Oh ya, I will definitely check wishing star for the make up. This weekend I will pay a visit there...

I do have friendster and facebook and msn hehehehehe let me PM u.

wow..tat great ask ur uncle to do for it...actually i oso plan to ask him to do the mass..c..c no nd lar...Cause my hubby ask Charles kong to help to ask..sure u know him too rite..haha..u may oso go to wishing star look for ur MUA..juz survey survey nia..cause my MUA will ask her to do it...Wishing Star the BS name near Dewan Suarah thr.. ya..St.mary nowaday everytime different father..My hubby was the Altarserver thr...Soo easy to talk...u got any friendster acc??hahaha..

ya.. i hope i can get my uncle, but all provided he will be free on tat day.. you know now he is sooo bz... Or else i will go for Father Paul Chee since he already know about my wedding...

Your hubby must be St. Mary's alterserver.. coz' i look at your photos tot i may know your hubby but too bad i don know him.. hehehehe.. I mostly go to sacred heart for masses.

Oh ya, I will definitely check wishing star for the make up. This weekend I will pay a visit there...

I do have friendster and facebook and msn hehehehehe let me PM u.

oic..ya my hubby was St.Mary altarserver.Currently, Half retirement liao..Now only wedding mass he will take k of...he oso said ur face look familiar..u joined at youth congress b4 he ask..hahaha..

Hi Samantha,

I finally got a quotation from the MUA u recommeded, and apparently she charges inclusive of the air ticks through and from S'pore.... and wow tat is expensive... more expensive than my KL's MUA after the extra charges of stay back over the dinner, and make up for my mom and mother in law..... have to really give it a thought man....

Besides MUA, how about hairdo? Anyone to intro for the hairdo?? I'm looking for it. For make-up, most probably I will engage with Amy from the Shiseido counter. She said she will charge RM250.00 for morning AD and dinner. For others, like MIL who wish to have make-up will charge RM50 each.

Hi Joja:

I think you can ask Amy too as i heard she have a fren who do hairdo for bride. Can you pass me her hp number? I want to know the quotation for my wedding dinner only.

Thanks in advance.

Besides MUA, how about hairdo? Anyone to intro for the hairdo?? I'm looking for it. For make-up, most probably I will engage with Amy from the Shiseido counter. She said she will charge RM250.00 for morning AD and dinner. For others, like MIL who wish to have make-up will charge RM50 each.