samantha_lee

Wedding @ SIBU, SARAWAK

I am sharing Kelvin's wedding planner package here. Please give some comment.

1. Wedding decoration = RM880 (Banquet, Entrance arch, floral stand, VIP table centre piece, vip chair decor, stage and backdrop, corsage, wedding car deco, bridal hand bouquet

2. Wedding Cake = RM680 for 5 tiers

3. Wedding VG = RM800

4. Wedding PG = RM480

5. Emcee and bestman = RM1500

6. PA system and lighting = RM2500

7. Wedding co-ordinator service = RM300

My oppinion PA system and lighting too expensive. What do you all think?

i think his package abit expensive...mayb u can try to negotiate wf him again in order to get better price...

JJ,

Service # 1 & 2, u can try get the quotation from other vendor 1st, may be u can get a better $$$ than Kelvin.

For me, service # 5 & 6 too expensive.

Service # 3, 4 & 7, still can accept la.

where u going to have ue wedding dinner??? If in the hotel, most of the hotel provide PA system. It include in hotel wedding package already. mine 1 in Tanahmas Hotel, Tanahmas did no charges me even 1 cent for the PA system, they also provise me 1 person to control the PA system. We just need to discuss wit that person what we want during our dinner.

It really good that u have a wedding planner; at least u hv someone helping u to do / to plan all of this.

I think RH Hotel have some of the wedding decoration. May be u can confirm wit the hotel first, c what they provide u in the hall, so that u can just top up what u want wit Kelvin. So do with the PA system lo.

Agree you. RH hotel did include plain and normal decor in their package but Kelvin keep persuade us take his decor and pa and lighting.

he say his item better than rh hotel.

JJ, It depend how grand the wedding dinner u want. Do u think that all those things is necessary for u?

m still think tat his quotation too expensive. I think u even can get a better $$$ from other vendor for the wedding decoration, wedding cake & PA system. I would suggest u to get the quotation from other vendors to compare wit his 1. It might take some time lo. Sure that his item is better than RH hotel, or else how he can get business.

JJ, It depend how grand the wedding dinner u want. Do u think that all those things is necessary for u?

m still think tat his quotation too expensive. I think u even can get a better $$$ from other vendor for the wedding decoration, wedding cake & PA system. I would suggest u to get the quotation from other vendors to compare wit his 1. It might take some time lo. Sure that his item is better than RH hotel, or else how he can get business.

i see his pic... no pro enough. all using candle... most in GREEN colour, need to see carefully jus can see the FLOWERS。&sorry to say tat... too many candle, macam 电影里的西式葬礼 :unsure::unsure:

better use tat cost go honeymoon &shopping. near 8k leh. cant eat &cant take one.  :rclxub::rclxub:

婚礼之后的数十年婚姻生活才是最重要,最实际的。最完美的婚礼,不代表婚姻生活就是最完美无缺了。

执子之手,与子皆老。。

执子之手,与子皆老。。

Amy, m really like this statement. can said love. think tat v can like this statement... love & care each other forever...

I think I will cut my budget to 5000 instead of 7000 at first.

Wow!!JJ, u really set a high budget just for ur wedding planning & decoration.

Mmm, I think some stuff can cut cost lor -

emcee/bestman - i think if get friends will be more meaningful rather than some strangers and friends will be more than happy to help. just give them angpao will do.

PA system/lighting - too expensive

flower deco - its reasonable for so many stuff but is he using fresh flowers or silk flowers?

if u have any friends that can sing well and willing to sing - can consider ask them for help. those local singer sing can pengsan wor... :biggrin:

my view thou...

Hi all, I’m newly joined. So glad discovered this post, all related Sibu wedding topics.

My AD will be on early of Feb 2010. my wedding reception have not decide yet, maybe kingwood or double happiness restaurant. I did call Kelvin from In esse wedding planner, we will meet up with him at KL here by next week. my fiancé and I currently working in kl, so hope Kelvin will let us know more about our wedding arrangements. I’m favor in Inesse decoration as it quite like with Kl Style, I did visit Flower Time Sibu during CNY, nice too. Only these 2 decoration vendors match my taste…I will share with u all abt my wedding arrangement and comments in future time.

I just headache to my AD mua…

emcee/bestman - i think if get friends will be more meaningful rather than some strangers and friends will be more than happy to help. just give them angpao will do.

flower deco - its reasonable for so many stuff but is he using fresh flowers or silk flowers?

if u have any friends that can sing well and willing to sing - can consider ask them for help. those local singer sing can pengsan wor... :biggrin:

my view thou...

According to the quotation from kelvin, Pa system/lighting is including bubble machine, smoke machine and also fallow spot.. it depends on individual needs, but i think the price also reasonble

and i think his decoration price is quite reasonable, including 1 vip centerpiece fresh flower, reception table fresh flower and candles decor, 1 bridal fresh flower hand flower and 10 fresh flower corsages...and all others are artificial flowers, like floral stands.

Anyways, look forward to meet him next week.

执子之手,与子皆老。。

Amy, m really like this statement. can said love. think tat v can like this statement... love & care each other forever...

Sandy~~~ tat is mine!!!!!!!! :unsure::unsure::sad::sad::ohmy::ohmy::sad::sad: ....

it really meaningful... i love it much.

any1 know abt www.wedding house.com.my?? any information for me to order the invitation card? wish to have a difference. in Miri o Sibu. online-order leh? special create 1 expensive kah? or i give my idea to printing shop, tat 1 expensive?

执子之手,与子皆老。。

Sandy~~~ tat is mine!!!!!!!! :unsure::unsure::sad::sad::ohmy::ohmy::sad::sad: ....

it really meaningful... i love it much.

any1 know abt www.wedding house.com.my?? any information for me to order the invitation card? wish to have a difference. in Miri o Sibu. online-order leh? special create 1 expensive kah? or i give my idea to printing shop, tat 1 expensive?

i've seen the cards printed from wedding house before - its really nice and classy and according to my friend, its cheap too - less than rm1.50 per card including the envelope. in sibu, u can try the printing shop at wisma sanyan, i think they also do customised card. customised card will be slightly expensive, but also depends on what u want & how complicated the card will be.

I agree with the girls here. Kelvin's price quote for PA/lighting/emcee is too xpensive. Emcee, better get someone u know.

PA - I was quoted RM500 in Ipoh, which comes together with 1 worker to control/coordinate the PA + 2 cordless mic.

Simple deco + mist machine + red carpet + reception table + loose petals + main table deco - RM500

I've known some brides who spent >RM5K on deco and when she looked back after few yrs down the road, she regretted spending so much $$ for just that 1 night event, when she can use the money for better purpose, example honeymoon.

Most important is wat lies in the future for both of u after married - happy being with each other....

So better think properly, dun be like my fren, who regretted her decision for spending so much after few yrs of marriage

MA DE!!!!! i facing the problems ahhhhh.... :wacko3: :wacko3:

does he think sibu bridal shop wl get nice gown for me at last minutes... say 我爱面子。。

some cases can solve in Miri, why do again in last minutes. apa apa pun terbalik sama orang lain..

important de Register ~better family member r attend, he wan do it at North Swk. parents pun tak datang...

photo can take in Miri, he wan in Sibu... ORANG HUTAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :sauer2::sauer2::girl_devil::girl_devil::sauer2::sauer2::sauer2:

3 o 4 Feb we jus going back to sibu, my AD is 8th. furniture not yet buy hoh. 1 day for new room & move in.

ladies, why tat ORANG HUTAN cant understand... WE NOT HAVE ENOUGH TIME TO GO STUDIO & SEARCH THE GOWN. better i use time for facial & rest. & for sure 1, orang tua / parents also need us to do other things 1...

wat结婚照一生一次。。。全部都是错-归我爱面子。。。

可不可以“塌订”,不嫁了!!!我过回我的逍遥日,他过他的寂寞日!!! 气死我了!!!! :sauer2::sauer2:

过礼订婚,婚纱结婚照,接新娘喜筵,注册。。我哪一样做多了?

my view thou...

I agree with the emcee/bestman, PA system/lighting, flower deco. But as for local singer, it depends on who u going to invite coz not all local singers can't sing well. But if u really have frens who can sing, u will sure save some cost. As for PA system and lighting, if u r having ur wedding reception at hotels, PA system and lighting r included.

Amy, do u mean ur HB only wan to get BS in Sibu when ur ppl back to Sibu beginning of next year (just before CNY)?? Then, how ur ppl take pre-wedding photos??? Correct me if m wrong ah…

do your HB know the BS very bz during that period. oso most of the nice gowns have been book by others couples tat time.

Ya you right.... I am going to cut that emcee and bestman part. I got friends that can sing for me.

Now i narrow down to 4k

That's great! Actually they charge too high on Bestman and Emcee. As i know, if u get one Emcee and Bestman in Sibu, its around 300 each only

Amy... cool down cool down.... knw hw u feel...

Is there some misunderstand btw u and ur HB, mayb can sit down and discuss nicely when u both not so angry...

When me & my HB 1st start in preparing the wedding, I also faced a lot of problems, ppl are very happy preparing this and that, very much enjoying the whole process but I cried almost everyday cos we have different religion and different custom... always we cant have both side requests fulfilled... luckily, at last, things slowly to turn out right... i give one step, he gives one as well... standing in btw the parents really a very hard feeling...

Agree wit Janiee, getting married not only between 2 persons but 2 different background families. It really difficult to stand in btw the parents; it really a very hard feeling...

Luckily HB’s parents said everything up to both of us. Initially we just wanna to ROM & go for honeymoon, that all. However, my parent not allows just because of m the eldest in the family. So we keep everything easy & simple.

Our parents no attend our ROM. We just inform them when we going to have our ROM. All of them are ok because they not too particular on it.

Abt the BS, we no go around to look 4 & survey. Just go to bridal fair to get all those information we wanna. Then, HB makes decision on it. Both of us are happy wit the BS service so far. We went for gown fitting & selecting last 2 weeks. The SA very nice & we manage to get the gown we want.

Abt, the GDL things, we just do what is necessary & must. Keep everything simple & make everybody’s life easy.

Other than that HB let me make all the decision & arrangement.

Just to say that everything need bring to discuss & talk it nicely.