stephy

Negarakuku (remix version of Negaraku )

Hi Gals,

i'm not sure how many of us out there hav viewed this video. The author is frm Muar who created the video " MUAR Chinese - ma bo de hua yu " which make him famous.

This latest video is made inconjunction with the 2007 Visit Malaysia year. After the video is published, he got himself into trouble & was heard the govn is taking action against him due to no respect toward the National Anthem " Negaraku-ku " & indirectly putting ashamed on the country culture.

Anyway, he gain lots of supporters & youngsters started to love this national anthem :D :D

view the video HERE ... else you may view it in www.youtube.com his ID is namewee.

yeah... he's pretty famous especially among chinese be it in MY, SG or overseas... practically almost everyone that i know have watched this video...

and bcoz of this song too, he was interviewed by a taiwan TV station and there is even several recording company that what him... i guess those recording company can really save a lots of $$ in advertising in getting him as singer as he is already quite famous himself... :P

I think that as much we 'hate' our country or certain leaders/politicians or even trying to be famous, one should not fool around with national anthem or other patriotic thingy.

yeah... he's pretty famous especially among chinese be it in MY, SG or overseas... practically almost everyone that i know have watched this video...

and bcoz of this song too, he was interviewed by a taiwan TV station and there is even several recording company that what him... i guess those recording company can really save a lots of $$ in advertising in getting him as singer as he is already quite famous himself... :P

mhyap1,

yeap ..... his started of wif ' muar chinese ' he's been sing in Halo cafe's even on open concert. sadly of this creation got him into trouble. he did confess that he did this video is for the love of the county & trying to promote since it's 2007 visit malaysia year..... other ppl might misunderstand & the reporters as usual will make things even tastier by adding some flavourings ...

I think that as much we 'hate' our country or certain leaders/politicians or even trying to be famous, one should not fool around with national anthem or other patriotic thingy.

Fluene,

well... guess this time he wrongly use his creativity....

somehow, i enjoy his works very much :D :D

wohoo, support him. I agree with sishiteru, he is very creative. This song is to sing out the truth behind all the s**t. Support him with all my hands and legs

by the way, due to this incident then only i realized that the Negaraku rhythms is very similar to the song called Mamula Moon by Felix Mendelssohn & his hawaiian serenader... try listen to the song and you'll get what i mean... :P

http://www.paulooi.com/2005/10/26/mamula-moon/

wah mhyap1 .. the starting absolute same same de leh ....

but while listening to it i feel sleepy lar ..... :D :D

too slow already ... hehehehe

aishiteru , sdkgirl

yeap, he really sing our hearts out ....

he's the only one which really voice up as part of the nation....

he created this video while he's in taiwan ... which i can say is amazing !!

yeap ... it's nice & catchy

sorry to those who cant understand mandrine or hokkien ....

just enjoy the rythmn & the MV :) :)

Actually, if u gals really notice, most ppl feel that namewee is insulting their religion, thanx to Metro newspaper that did not properly translate his lyrics.

I like namewee, and he is really creative, only too blunt and sometimes quite childish, check out his blog here:

http://namewee.blogspot.com/

Irrelevant issue, check out this blog also, very interesting!

http://tonypua.blogspot.com/2007/08/in-land-of-aisyalam.html

Actually, if u gals really notice, most ppl feel that namewee is insulting their religion, thanx to Metro newspaper that did not properly translate his lyrics.

I like namewee, and he is really creative, only too blunt and sometimes quite childish, check out his blog here:

http://namewee.blogspot.com/

Irrelevant issue, check out this blog also, very interesting!

http://tonypua.blogspot.com/2007/08/in-land-of-aisyalam.html

Hi Escudo,

yeap .. viewed his blog. he's a great composer.

Well, to some ppl is might be insulting but is a true fact that of it's wat happening. At least the govn started to pay attention on it ..... else i dun think they will give it a darn ..

by the way, due to this incident then only i realized that the Negaraku rhythms is very similar to the song called Mamula Moon by Felix Mendelssohn & his hawaiian serenader... try listen to the song and you'll get what i mean... :P

but while listening to it i feel sleepy lar ..... :D :D

as you continue listening, i would say the rhythms have more than 90% similarity... :P

I think the govn is paying attention to "zhe ma dou fu", they should put more attention on real criminal.

If they said namewee is copying negaraku, how about the mamula-moon then? If u get what I mean.

those zhi ma dou fu things ez to settle mar ... at the same time can show hw effective they are luuuu :P :P

yeap, i get wat u mean . also the mamula moon i think is even closer to our anthem comparing to namewee's version ...

but while listening to it i feel sleepy lar ..... :D:D

as you continue listening, i would say the rhythms have more than 90% similarity... :P

i wonder y most of the national anthem sound so dull... :D:D

cant they spice up a lil ? so that the nation would love to sing them :P

on the song, i really have no idea who copy who... hahaha... wonder is any of them pay for the copyrights or not... :P

by the way, when the govt said they need to check to see if he study under government scholarship or loan i was like huh? they need to check meh...? since when govt offer schorlarship/ loan to those study in taiwan.. coz govt don't recognize qualification from taiwan isn't it... or they have changed their policy and i know nothing about it.... :P

i dun think they need to check lor ..... waste of time.

lastest news i heard frm my fren, she heard from FM that the govn wants him to appologise on this matter widely before 31st Aug 2007.

Else, they will continue to take action against him even thought he's in taiwan !!

i think he has made a statement to apologise in his blog. BOth in chinese and malay.

Like his creativity. NO doubt he was trying to express his views about malaysia but still feel that some lyrics are really too sensitive.

putting those sensitive issue aside, i think he have a nice vocal. in the interview with the taiwan TV, he said he have wrote about 300 songs.... there is some of his song in youtube and i find it's quite nice also... :P

I really wish namewee a smooth sailing ahead. He is talented, and I wish that he could land himself with the Taiwan recording company.

It's good that he gets the notice of Taiwan news.

i like his style ... a bit of Zhang Zhen Yue

there is also recording label wants to sign him up leh ....

guess .. he's gonna walk himself toward the entertainment industry ;)

in The Star today, Wee have apologize...

and i think i read yesterday that he already sign with 2 recording company. 1 in taiwan and the other in MY.... not sure if i read correctly or not... he even mentioned that his album will be cheaper compared to those that is selling in the market now...