stephy

Negarakuku (remix version of Negaraku )

in The Star today, Wee have apologize...

and i think i read yesterday that he already sign with 2 recording company. 1 in taiwan and the other in MY.... not sure if i read correctly or not... he even mentioned that his album will be cheaper compared to those that is selling in the market now...

huh ??? the star wor :o izzit i ter-skip tat page i didnt saw it leh ....

i'm goin to hunt for the newpapers now dunno at which table liao :P

he sign wif 2 company ??? BRAVO ~~ ;)

Got it online ... faster lagi !! :blink:

Nation

Tuesday August 14, 2007

Student apologises, withdraws videoclip

PETALING JAYA: Taiwan-based university student Wee Meng Chee, who created a controversy with his Negaraku videoclip on YouTube has tendered his apology for hurting the feelings of Malaysians offended by his work.

"The controversy has taught me a lesson in nationalism and race relations. To end the controversy, I have decided to pull out the videoclip from my blog and I hope other bloggers would stop distributing the videoclip,'' he said.

taken from The Star Online

I love his version of Negaraku. I still dun think what his doing is racism... its basically reality on wats really happening in Malaysia. Anyway... i salute his talents and patriotism... his father commented tat he went Taiwan with our Malaysia flag... haha!

He has been ask to apologize again.

Seriously, I don't get what's the problem. Our politicians get away with insults and racism but this poor kid? =.= Idiots, we are led by idiots, I tell you!

The problem is:

1. His version is in Mandarin and Hokkien -> many Non chinese dun understand what his song is about

2. Some newspaper did not translate the content of his song properly and then accused him of making fun of religion

3. Whereas, for govn leh.., they pai seh after their "good deeds" being exploited to public

Yalah...i think those newspaper no matter is english, malay o chinese, if they wanna do a translation of the lyrics should look 4 profesional to translate it. So that can reduces the misunderstanding between namewee n gvn. Aiyoh.... very 'jia lak'..... ;)

piggiemily, meiteoh, escudo, wawa

Most of the chinese support him !! waaahahahakakakak :lol::D

well should i say we're PROUD or SHAME to be malaysian ??

ANyway, the MCA of JB accepted his apologies, things should be fine for him rite now i guess.

Certain article of him in the newspaper didn't report the truth bout it, tat's y there's misunderstanding. As for our govn dept ppl, that's their way of working & they're jsut so used to it already ..... living here just gotta bear wif it lor ....

it's not over yet. the cabinet rejected his apology and wanted him to face the law...

i thought previously the government said they'll let him go if he apologize before 31st august...?

Escudo,

i saw lotsa comment bout tat video on youtube also .... sometimes they're just way too over lor !! They'll nv go further if they keep working like tat ... Few of my M frens do support Wee although certain sensitive issue being raised.

it's not over yet. the cabinet rejected his apology and wanted him to face the law...

i thought previously the government said they'll let him go if he apologize before 31st august...?

mhyap1,

c ... now they wan to play cheat !!

Haihz .... hw they wan us to trust them again nx time leh ??

escudo,

actully not really lor ....

for example : u kena ticket from MPPJ / MPSJ for no paying parking. u keep it ... den reminder 1, 2, 3, den finally RED envolope reaches saying deadline xx.xx.xx for payment of $xxx.xx else they're taking legal action blah blah ~~ end-up nothing happends after the deadline ....

But for Wee case is just a innocent student without knowing the consequences by doing so they should forgive him for once lor ...... everybody did mistakes, i dun c why they cant accept it lor

I wrote an email about this to all the main English dailies. Lets see if they dare to publish it.

Honestly, I'm upset about this especially when I heard a minister saying things like "Never challenge a government"! WTH! My loyalty is to God and country not you stupid idiots!!!!!!

Today news say that the govn refused the apology. S@#$%

I thought religion is about forgiveness, this clearly shows that it's more towards face. S@#$%@#^%$#^#$^

Wish Wee could make it big in Taiwan and show the stupid govn that he can do better without them.

Escudo: That's why I was super pissed at them stupid politicians. When that idiot make that joke about Batu Gajah MP, he said we were making a big deal out of nothing. When Zakaria broke the law, people swept it under the carpet. And they have the cheek to say that we are a country governed by law. I SPIT ON THEM! =.=

BRAVO meiteoh !!

i think u did a great job ... those idiot forever will be idiot if they unable to accept the fact & change themselve towards better living !!

i do hope tat WEE will remain staying in Taiwan & make it a real BIG star over there !!

Time will tell .......

aishiteru,

i think there's once millions of ppl sign for petition but it didn't workout ....

it was publish on the chinese newpapers weeks ago i guess ~~

YES...got something we can do. VOTE THESE BUGGERS OUT OF M'SIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

*cough*

Sorry...it's just that talking about people like this makes my blood boil. *GRRR*

My fh usually very lazy to vote, but for this year he purposely went to apply, he said vote whatever, but not bn.

Too much nonsense from them.

1. increament in petrol -> they said bcoz the petrol is increasing whole world, they increase, but now the price drop already, do they decrease the price? No!

2. increament in toll -> they said wanna be transparent, but when it comes to toll, they said this is national security issue. Oh yeah!

3. freedom in speech??? Remember during the toll increment, there was a protest by Puchong residents in front of IOI mall?? It was never published in newspaper. How about the petrol increment? Protest in KLCC area, no news about it also.

4. secular or islamic country? U decide, with the restriction for clothing in Uni nowadays, this will become another taliban, gals, u r not allowed to work, not allowed to talk to men, not allowed to drive / take taxi, have to cover from head to toe. Nice leh!!! Hubby marry 4 wives also we cannot voice out.

Transparent?? My 4$$

cool down meitoeh ~~

Well ~~ they said Election is coming .. up to now, no date has been announced !! Who da'H is gonna give a darn !!

stephy, they said wanna let u guys feel the "feel good" factor maah!

Puzzling me, why the election date is not set one? Can change according to the govn preferences.