yuhchyng

Pangkor Laut Resort

Hello... Have anyone heard of this award-winning resort in Malaysia? It is privately owned by YTL and has won a number of international awards. I may plan my honeymoon there.

Has anyone been there and would like to share your experience, especially what you did on this island where there are no shops, etc? Will a four-night stay too long on the island?

Hello... Have anyone heard of this award-winning resort in Malaysia? It is privately owned by YTL and has won a number of international awards. I may plan my honeymoon there.

Has anyone been there and would like to share your experience, especially what you did on this island where there are no shops, etc? Will a four-night stay too long on the island?

Hey, I have been there a couple of times. It is truly the best of its kind in Malaysia. The service is som good that my BF was praising them all the time.

We're planning to go again. It was just so romantic. The whole place is very well kept and there are no motor sports or noisy water activities. So it's mainly for couples and romance. The food was also good for a resort.

Everytime we went out of our room, they make our beds. The malaysian buffet breakfast is complimented by a special walk around by the residential peacock. :o)

I really reocmmend this place. If you want to see our pictures, give me your email.

FFA

There have been some discussions and feedback with might be slightly outdated in the thread below.

Short Trip Places

I did post some aerial view pics of the resort in that thread. Also, hubby did take some shots of the place during a recent visit. I can find those pics for u if you want.

I know the YTL family and they told me the success rate of pregnancy is very high in Pangkor Laut Resort. Guess it is very romantic and relaxing huh?

Hi FFA and bumblebee,

Yes please. I would like to see your pictures. My email is yuhchyng@yahoo.com. By the way, what kind of resort did you stay? Sea Villa for sure is the best but also the most expensive. What about Hill Villa and Garden Villa? There is a promotion package right now, but only limited for either Hill Villa or Garden Villa.

Fluene...hahaha...that must be very romantic then.

yuhchyng,

i will be heading there end of this month...will send you some pictures of what it looks like now...i doubt it has changed very much from before...in fact the YTL family goes there rather often (but they stay on their yatch i think),,however, if you and hubby are the outgoing type...like to do lotsa sightseeing and all...i dont think you will like Pangkor Laut very much...nothing much to do around there....except to relax...

Hey, I have been there a couple of times. It is truly the best of its kind in Malaysia. The service is som good that my BF was praising them all the time.

We're planning to go again. It was just so romantic. The whole place is very well kept and there are no motor sports or noisy water activities. So it's mainly for couples and romance. The food was also good for a resort.

Everytime we went out of our room, they make our beds. The malaysian buffet breakfast is complimented by a special walk around by the residential peacock. :o )

I really reocmmend this place. If you want to see our pictures, give me your email.

FFA

can u email me the pixs..i'm interested to hv a pre-honeymoon at this place....

my email address is cjtan@tceas.com

Hi girls,

I just sent you.

Mummy, it's in my multiply pics. I only have the last trip coz previously when I went, no digital pics yet (paiseh..only hard copies...so old fashion and old!) :o)))

The best place is the sea villa because it's close to everything (the restaurant, reception, pool) but is far enough for a lot of privacy. The garden villa is also close to the pool.

The hill villas as the name suggests is up on the slopes. So they're a tat further. Lots of privacy though. So depends on what you like loh...

FFA

By the way, if you have YTL cards, remember to accumulate points!

And those from overseas, it's cheaper to book from Malaysia generally because of offers etc.

FFA

Thanks, FFA. That's nice photos, at least I know I can go jungle trekking there. I think we are going to take the package and add on the interlude package because we do not have enough time to plan for other places.

By the way FFA, where did you buy the batik and did you 'wrap' yourself on your own? I want to learn that because I think it is sexy though...

Hi smurf and bumblebee...no problem. I will wait for your photos. No rush... but preferably before my wedding (29 Sept) :P Thank you and I appreciate that :)

Thanks, FFA. That's nice photos, at least I know I can go jungle trekking there. I think we are going to take the package and add on the interlude package because we do not have enough time to plan for other places.

By the way FFA, where did you buy the batik and did you 'wrap' yourself on your own? I want to learn that because I think it is sexy though...

Hi smurf and bumblebee...no problem. I will wait for your photos. No rush... but preferably before my wedding (29 Sept) :P Thank you and I appreciate that :)

Hey,

Batik I got from Langkawi umpteen years ago when it can go around me 3 times (good measurement device!). I learnt a few ways to wrap hehe very fun! Some style must have safety pins, others no need. But u can ask they staff to teach you when u buy. :o) Also can do this from central market.

I did batik printing at the hut facing the beach (Emerald Bay) at Pangkor Laut Resort. It was quite fun for rainy afternoons.

Remember to bring mosquitoe repellent for trekking!

Enjoy...

FFA

hi girls...i just got back form my Pangkor Laut trip....it was really good....very serene and very relaxing...i was there for 3days 2 nights...although a bit short, it was good nonetheless....

i stayed at one of the Hill Villa...basically there are a few types of accommodation...Hill Villa, Garden Villa, Sea Villa and Spa Villa and not to forget the Estates....Hill Villa and Garden Villa are much cheaper compared to the rest...Both Sea Villa and Spa Villa are resort on stilts in the water...Spa Villa is named that way because it is located near the spa centre...where you can go for the massages and all....and the lanscape there is breath taking...very nice...and there is a pool there for the use of guests staying there....i think Spa Villa is the most beautiful place on the island...

i cant comment on the Estate because ordinary guests are not allowed access to that area...but from the pictures that i saw of the place...its really beautiful and lotsa privacy..and you have exclusive use of one of the Rav 4 provided....the rest of the guests go around the island by foot (not recommended as it is too hilly and the distance ) or by van, which is provided by the resort...

i took the package where accommodation and food are provided..pls bear in mind that the package does not include any beverage whatsoever, be it alcoholic or non alcoholic...and you might spend quite a bit on drinks as well....mineral water is provided in the room....they replenish it each time they tidy up your room....once after lunch and once after dinner...i also recommend that you take the package which includes food as food is rather pricy there....although we dont have to pay for dinner....we still have to sign the bill at the end of the day....i think its just one of their checking mechanism...on the first night, dinner came up to about 800 and the second night dinner cost about 900....(for 5 adults)...chinese sea food...its not buffet..its ala carte style...but you can order as much as you want...but no wastage pls..the dining style is the same for lunch....as for breakfast, there is a small buffet spread...there is also ala carte menu....so the package was really worth it for me....we paid rm950 (after the RM50 discount that they give to YTL platinum members) for 3 days 2 nights...

i did basically nothing there....except to sit at the beach and enjoy the breeze...i went for short swim on the second day....and i slept so much there...hehe....cuase i just moved house and we are so busy with wedding preps these days...its so exhausting..hehe....

but you can always play squash, tennis, go jungle trekking, swim, watch those hornbill which make a awful lots of noise...of course there is the peacock which like to takes its evening stroll on the pedestrian walk way...and the flying foxes...or go for their awesome massages...its very laid back there...nothing much to do...dont expect a Club Med there...

by the way, the massages can be quite pricy...for an ordinary one, it cost about rm150....for about an hour or so....but they have couple massages...sounds awesome...its about RM3000 for oen couple...that;s one of the cheaper ones....

so for those who want to go to PLR for their honeymoon...stay in one of the Spa Villas...its really nice...unless its your pre honeymoon trip, dont stay in the Garden or Hill Villa...i think the Spa Villa or the Sea Villa is more romantic...it has an open bathroom....only the ceiling is open (there are walls of course)...so you can take a nice bath under the moonlight...

overall, its really very relaxing, serene and romantic...

ya, planning to go..is tat place baby friendly too? cuz i might hv to bring my bb lei...planning to go there nx yr...does rm950 incl airfare as well? bet not huh....

baby friendly? i am not too sure...but i saw lotsa little kids there too....but what are you looking out for? they have pram there for you to use...and ramps for the prams...other than that i am not too sure..sorry

hello FFA and smurf..

can share the photos with me?

my bf said mayb can go there after AD wo.. :P

can PM me?

thanx :)

Hi yoyo,

Can I have your email add pls?

Thx!

FFA

yoyo,

i didnt take any pictures...so inconvenient to carry the camera to the beach and all...need to make sure no sand and water get in...need to make no one steal and all...my FH has been there a few times...i will to get some of his older pictures...so sorry...

Best place in Malaysia for beach/island getaway other than the Club med. Cherating.

Been there once and still talking about it till now.

cherating, the food is good..loads of activities...its cheaper...but the beach is so so only la...kuantan's beach is nicer...at least can swim in the sea....

langkawi isnt bad...like tanjung rhu, andaman and datai are really nice...