yuhchyng

Pangkor Laut Resort

The price is for non-peak, since when i call up, the girl told me currently dont have rm999 package.

plus tis month fully booked. :wink:

anyone knows the price for romantic honeymoon package for pangkor laut resort for year 2009? i checked thier website..no price stated..but it looks good!!! :wub:

The Pangkor Laut Resort is located on the island of Pangkor Laut about 1.6 km off the West Coast of Peninsular Malaysia. It is a truly tropical isle with white sandy beaches and beautiful rain forests in the tropical climate.It is an ideal place for wedding and honeymoon.

Just came back from Pangkor Laut Resort... it's such a bliss :wub:

It's my babymoon, basically the last couple vacation before the baby comes

I took the Malaysian resident package for 799 each, which I think it's quite a good deal. We get 3 course meal for each lunch & dinner, off the ala carte menu, while kesian the angmohs, who felt that the food is too expensive and skipped the appetisers n desserts. Just the food bills that we've signed off would have costs 1,600 for 2 easily. Phew, luckily no need to pay, especially the food is just ok, not fantastic. Be sure to order seafood, it's very fresh

This has got to be the most well-maintained resort I've been to in Malaysia, it's older than most of the other chalet styled resorts and yet, better maintained. The room is spacious with cosy bed and nice bath tub. Housekeeping even come clean the room twice a day and make sure to keep the AC on so you get back into a cool room, with mosquito coil turned on at night.

Mosquitoes and flies are common pests, especially in the restaurant areas, which is a bit annoying. The staff can bring you mosquito coil and insect repellent though, and an incense to get rid of the flies, but you have to request for it, which is quite a let down. My hubby got bitten quite badly.

The spa looks really good, but the price is like 2 - 3 times of what you pay in KL, so we gave it a miss. On the offpeak days that we were there, most of the visitors are like us, on the msian package, so no business for the SPA :lol: But if you are going for your honeymoon, perhaps worthwhile to splurge a bit, after all, you get massage & treatments on a sea facing gazebo, how nice is that?

The beach is very clean, hardwork of all the staff there, getting rid of the rubbish all the time, but it's on the west coast, so be warned, it's not half as nice as the beaches on the east coast, the water is yellowish green, not as inviting as the east coast. We saw a pretty yellow yolk sunset on day 1.

The island is quite big, and they have shuttles to bring you around. Don't attempt to walk, especially to the Emerald bay where the beach is, you've to go through some really steep roads. The furthest we walked was to the spa villas and back, it was already quite challenging for me. Hubby refused to let me join the jungle tracking as I'm always short of breath when walking on stairs and steep roads.

It's a relaxing trip, that we hardly do anything at all, but in a good way :wub: Of course you might think that other places offer better value, but for a really short weekend getaway, pangkor laut resort is as good as it gets. I went to Bali for my honeymoon, I think it costs us less in terms of per day, and we got a private pool villa with comparable service

Hi gigi81,

thanks for sharing abt pangkor resort. infact i wana plan for a short trip next year.

u mentioned abt bali and u are actually staying at private pool villa, mind to share which resort is tht?

May i know how many days for the RM799 package and for which type of accomodation?

Just came back from Pangkor Laut Resort... it's such a bliss :wub:

It's my babymoon, basically the last couple vacation before the baby comes

I took the Malaysian resident package for 799 each, which I think it's quite a good deal. We get 3 course meal for each lunch & dinner, off the ala carte menu, while kesian the angmohs, who felt that the food is too expensive and skipped the appetisers n desserts. Just the food bills that we've signed off would have costs 1,600 for 2 easily. Phew, luckily no need to pay, especially the food is just ok, not fantastic. Be sure to order seafood, it's very fresh

This has got to be the most well-maintained resort I've been to in Malaysia, it's older than most of the other chalet styled resorts and yet, better maintained. The room is spacious with cosy bed and nice bath tub. Housekeeping even come clean the room twice a day and make sure to keep the AC on so you get back into a cool room, with mosquito coil turned on at night.

Mosquitoes and flies are common pests, especially in the restaurant areas, which is a bit annoying. The staff can bring you mosquito coil and insect repellent though, and an incense to get rid of the flies, but you have to request for it, which is quite a let down. My hubby got bitten quite badly.

The spa looks really good, but the price is like 2 - 3 times of what you pay in KL, so we gave it a miss. On the offpeak days that we were there, most of the visitors are like us, on the msian package, so no business for the SPA :lol: But if you are going for your honeymoon, perhaps worthwhile to splurge a bit, after all, you get massage & treatments on a sea facing gazebo, how nice is that?

The beach is very clean, hardwork of all the staff there, getting rid of the rubbish all the time, but it's on the west coast, so be warned, it's not half as nice as the beaches on the east coast, the water is yellowish green, not as inviting as the east coast. We saw a pretty yellow yolk sunset on day 1.

The island is quite big, and they have shuttles to bring you around. Don't attempt to walk, especially to the Emerald bay where the beach is, you've to go through some really steep roads. The furthest we walked was to the spa villas and back, it was already quite challenging for me. Hubby refused to let me join the jungle tracking as I'm always short of breath when walking on stairs and steep roads.

It's a relaxing trip, that we hardly do anything at all, but in a good way :wub: Of course you might think that other places offer better value, but for a really short weekend getaway, pangkor laut resort is as good as it gets. I went to Bali for my honeymoon, I think it costs us less in terms of per day, and we got a private pool villa with comparable service

The RM799 is for 1 person for 2 nights accomodation - applicable to the cheapest villas lar, Hill Villa & Garden Villa. If you are young with no children, you can consider staying in Hill Villa coz it has a nicer view of the ocean and is quieter. Only thing is that you've gotta walk a bit more. If you're a YTL member, then the charges is only RM750.

Hi gigi81,

thanks for sharing abt pangkor resort. infact i wana plan for a short trip next year.

u mentioned abt bali and u are actually staying at private pool villa, mind to share which resort is tht?

I stayed in Ubud Village Resort http://www.theubudvillage.com/resort/index.php in Dec 2008

I booked through Air Asia Holidays, flight + hotel for 2, 5 days 4 nights for only RM3.2k i think. The hotel worked out to be about RM500 per night, which is a steal since the hotel is charging USD250 per villa per night if booked directly.

Unfortunately, I think this resort is no longer listed with Air Asia holidays early this year. At the point of booking, I was also considering another resort in Jimbaran, can't remember the name though

thanks for the information.

any idea how much is the package for sea villa?

hmm... how to become YTL member?

The RM799 is for 1 person for 2 nights accomodation - applicable to the cheapest villas lar, Hill Villa & Garden Villa. If you are young with no children, you can consider staying in Hill Villa coz it has a nicer view of the ocean and is quieter. Only thing is that you've gotta walk a bit more. If you're a YTL member, then the charges is only RM750.

The sea villa is a lot more expensive. I personally don't think it is worth paying for it. The facilities in the room are similar to the garden villas and hill villas - only difference that it is on stilts at the sea. You can call them up to check the price.

on the ytl membership, you can just call the YTL number on Pangkor Laut resort website and ask for instruction on how to be a member. I did it many years ago, can't quite remember the process, but I don't remember it being a hassle.

if you're going there for honeymoon, tell them when you book the hotel. You can get some perks, if I'm not mistaken a bottle of champagne & fruit basket.

Did a quick search and found this website http://www.aftravel.travel/index.cfm?view=14

The upgrade to SeaVilla would costs 950 per person. When I was there, the SeaVillas were closed for renovation, and from what I read in TripAdvisor, it's likely due to the fact that 2 of the SeaVillas collapsed into the Sea 2 months back... so not sure if Sea villa is the best option :ohmy:

Couldn't help with the YTL membership though, probably call up the YTL travels?

thanks for the information.

any idea how much is the package for sea villa?

hmm... how to become YTL member?

Anyway, just to add, i love PLR :P I've been there 3 times already, and planning to go again this year. It is a great place to go for a short break. And I quite like the food as well. It really depends on what you order - yep, the seafood dishes are recommended. And don't be shy to ask for as many bottles of mineral water as you want :)

that's cool..

just wondering if you need to pay for the YTL membership?

I hope to try it out once, at least.. but my hubby said too expensive

Anyway, just to add, i love PLR :P I've been there 3 times already, and planning to go again this year. It is a great place to go for a short break. And I quite like the food as well. It really depends on what you order - yep, the seafood dishes are recommended. And don't be shy to ask for as many bottles of mineral water as you want :)

Qtee, sorry, I can't remember if gotta pay for the membership. You can check with them.

Yeah, RM799 sounds expensive, but all meals are included and you get free flow mineral water and great service. And these are high quality meals...almost fine dining standard. Club Med's all inclusive package is more expensive :P But personally, I prefer PLR's rooms & food. Club Med's rooms are more basic & food so so....you pay more for the other facilities.

But just take note that there's not much to do there other than eat and hang out by the beach or the pool, if that's what you and your HB are looking for. The spa is good, but it is quite expensive.

:wub: Yay, am going to PLR again for my birthday this year

Do join the YTL hotels fan page on FB, last week there were a promotion on that page, 10% off best available rate if you initiate the enquiry by last Friday. So the package we got is 720 per person instead of 799 :cool:

So look forward to my holidays, this time with my baby as well :lol: