yuhchyng

Pangkor Laut Resort

smurf,

is ok...if u cant find then nevermind lo.. :)

hem...cherating not much people go lo..i dunno why but the beach is nice also..

im from kuantan..hehehehe..sure i said kuantan beach nice lo..but hor nowadays when i back hometown i seldom go there coz not enough time..

busy preparing wedding stuff :(

but another place is Awana Kijal...the beach is nice lo. :)

not been to awana kijal though...but dont bother with tanjung jara...the place isnt as nice as PLR...and the food there sucks...my in laws went there last year...and the drive is too long...

i went to club med last year...stayed there 2 nights...stayed in kuantan for 1 night...we extended the stay there cause we like the beach so much :rolleyes: ....not many nice hotels there...only hyatt...

wow smurf, your description is really good. It makes me feel no regret choosing that as my honeymoon place. However, since the promotion package is only for Garden/Hill Villa, we may not be able to go for Sea/spa villa. What a pity. Huh...

My fiance upgraded the meal (but I am not sure what it is. May be Japanese cuisine? I don't know) but 800, 900 for 5 people is killing! Pity that you didn't take photos, otherwise I can see... FFA's photos are nice.

Heard also that Tanjung Jara is not as good as PLR. YTL has also a new resort in Bali, right? Anyway, I will stick to PLR. I hope I won't regret...

where is tanjung jara liao ar??

sorry i "sua ku" a bit.. :P

hem...if is the YTL member..we can stay at PLR for free or need 2pay ar?

coz my reception with vistana..so, automatically will sign member wth them 2collect the dinner points lo..so can i use it at PLR? ;)

yuhchyng, dont worry...the place is really nice...it will be a good honeymoon destination..further more, they just did up the place...so the rooms are new and nice..very romantic also..hehe..i am not aware that they dont have packages for the Sea and Spa Villas...maybe you can give them a call to find out more....try the Spa Villa...its secluded...lotsa privacy....unlike the Sea Villa where the whole world will go for their evening stroll there...hehe...i heard about YTL's property in Bali...they have a new one in Cameron Highlands too...not been there yet....

yoyo, YTL members dont get to stay there for free...too bad...you should be entitled to the pathetic RM50 discount that they gave me...hehe...but its worth it...yes you can redeem your point for the stay at PLR...i am having my reception in JW Marriott...planning to redeem the point for the stay at PLR too...hehe...Tanjong Jara in located in the east coast by the way...its in Terengganu or something...sorry bad Geography there...

oic...

mean after reception we can redeem the point to stay at PLR hor?

yeah..hahahhaha

later need discuss wth my bf liao .)

wow smurf, your description is really good. It makes me feel no regret choosing that as my honeymoon place. However, since the promotion package is only for Garden/Hill Villa, we may not be able to go for Sea/spa villa. What a pity. Huh...

My fiance upgraded the meal (but I am not sure what it is. May be Japanese cuisine? I don't know) but 800, 900 for 5 people is killing! Pity that you didn't take photos, otherwise I can see... FFA's photos are nice.

Heard also that Tanjung Jara is not as good as PLR. YTL has also a new resort in Bali, right? Anyway, I will stick to PLR. I hope I won't regret...

hi yuhchyng,

I would recommend u to stay in the sea villa/ spa villa, if your budget allowed. the ambience is very romantic and relaxing, and fantastic sea view too! :rolleyes: But the price is very steep, it can cost u about a trip to maldives. I went there last december for 1st wedding anniversary, spent about 5k+ for 4 days 3 nights.

do let me know if u r interested to see the pics of the sea villa and the surroundings.

happy honeymoon!

burgundywine

Hi smurf, since the package is for 3 days 2 nights, we add-on additional two nights there. So I asked my fiance whether we can change at least one night in spa villa. I can't contact my fiance now because I am now in Singapore for business and my mobile has problem. Hopefully he managed to change the room.

burgundywine,

Actually, we top-up the whole thing to 5K++, including upgraded meal, additional two nights, massage and spa, dinner on the rock, cruise lunch. Yes, people might think why we spend so much just to go to PLR, but the compliments we have heard from you all and friends make our decision. And we want somewhere we can rest and relax, and don't have to pay extra (we got a complement of 6K from fiance's company on our honeymoon, but this should be only accommodation and flight). So, also to save trouble, we pick PLR. Yes, burgundywine, please send me your photos. I would love to see that :) Thanks.

yuhchyng,

wa, what company ur fiance is with? so nice one..pls share with us here aft u come back fr PLR...did u book the package thru a travel agent or thru their website?

Hmm...that's complicated to explain but we appreciate the complement that the company gives although we can't make it to New Zealand which is my dream destination for honeymoon.

We paid a visit to their office at JW Marriot and also get them through their website. If I am not mistaken, it is on the 6th floor. Try to search them in internet. You will sure find it.

Thanks mhyap. ;)

yuh,

dont worry..you can always go to new zealand another time...its a really beautiful country...in both places you will feel that you are closer to nature....go to new zealand only when you have the time...then you can really relax there...you need at least 2 weeks to have a nice trip to new zealand...and its also better to go on your own, rent a car and drive around there...so you need time to plan...i doubt with your wedding just round the corner you will have the time to do that...

remember to check whether you can accumulate points on the YTL cards from your PLR trip...

u can find my PLR photos @ this link.

sure u'll not regret on ur choice. ;)

nevermind that u can't go nz for ur honeymoon but u can always plan it for wedding anniversary outing.

use 3-4 weeks to see the north & south islands, there are many places to explore and extreme sports to have fun.

hi burgundywine, thanks for sharing your photos. I am sure I will like PLR :) I may change one night to spa villa but yet to know how much I have to top-up.

Yes, I will take yours and smurf suggestion to visit NZ next time. But staying there for 3-4 weeks will be killing me. The air-ticket is already 4K+ per pax. Huh...hopefully my company will send me there for business trip and then I can extend my stay to travel both islands. Haha...wish me dream comes true.

Hai gals,

Its my first time posting here. I went to PLR for my honeymoon last year. It was awesome. I spent 3 days 2 nights with spa treatment. We love it alot. Their food and services were great too. Overall, thumbs up.

Dear all,

Hey, I am back from Pangkor Laut Resort, and for those who still yet to decide your honeymoon destination, I strongly recommend you to come here.

PLR is the place where you want to relax completely after your busy wedding preparation. I have been sick for more than 2 weeks before my wedding but on the first day at PLR, the sickness was gone. On the first day upon arrival, we headed for lunch at Chapman's Bar. After the lunch, me and hubby walked down to the beach and had a rest on the leaning chair. Listening to the wave and under the shade of a tree, we just fell asleep without realising it. It was so....enjoyable.

We stayed in Hill Villa for 3 nights and 1 night in spa villa. Personally I think Hill Villa is better than sea/spa villa because the room is newer, bigger, and there is a open-bath-tub where you can see the green trees above you. Sea/spa villas have nice bath tub too, but if you open the windows, people will see you. We actually saw a man naked but with his back facing out, sitting by the window, trying to get into the bath tub. Haha...

We were so near to the nature as the forest is well-reserved by YTL. We saw animals like monkeys (went into our room to steal mandarin orange), 2 species of hornbill, fruitbats, monitor lizards, big anchovies, jelly fish, puffer fish and other kind of fish, and unfortunately snakes. When we were having the jungle trekking, the guide-Mr Yip kept saying, 'if we are lucky today, we will see snake', but I told him I would rather not to see any. However when I was walking back to the Hill villa along the walk path, I saw one! Another was when I was walking out from Uncle Lim's Restaurant, there was one hanging on a shrub. However, I think these snakes are not harmful or poisonous. Otherwise as what Mr Yip said, PLR would have given it a one-way ticket and send it off the island. And of course, 3 peacocks there but never show their beautiful feather.

We didn't have many activities on the island, but just relaxed, enjoyed, ate, walked, and slept. Service was good, food was good. Dinner on the rock has been cancelled and replaced by a private dinner at Chapman's Bar where we really enjoyed the privacy there. We also had a sunset dinner cruise, but unfortunately when the others were enjoying BBQ dinner and watching the sky full of stars with their loved ones, my hubby was vomitting as he had sea-sickness. Then the staff sent his food to our room and he had his late dinner on the sea too, but at the balcony of the spa villa. He never knew he would have sea-sickness and regret to have joined the cruise. But I was bad enough to laugh at him all night... :P

I would say PLR is mainly for couples as you can tell by looking at the design of the rooms. In Hill Villa, glass doors of bath room and toilet are completely transparent. As well as the glass door of the open-bath-tub.

I would be happy if I could come back here for a second honeymoon or retreat in 2 years time. But still, we have to consider the price too, which is quite pricey.

Hi Yuh Chyng,

I can't believe I have nearly missed your post about PLR. I'm so happy I managed to book for us PLR package for 3 days 2 nights. Going tomorrow. Just booked yesterday. It was last minute decision. The package price is not very expensive, only rm799 per person. But since we are travelling on weekend, additional surcharge of rm200 per person. But I think it's ok. After all, still less than rm1k per person. I'm so happy to hear from you that PLR is still good. I'm hoping to enjoy myself there with my hubby. Consider this my honeymoon for now coz my hubby said don't know when he will be free to travel again after changing to new job next month. That's why the booking was very last minute when I saw the promotion. I don't care and want to go now before no time later. Hahaha! I hope to update you all with more photos when I come back on next Monday.

Hi all,

I can't believe that I'm actually here now, Pangkor Laut Resort. It's so awesome. I agree with Yuh Chyng that I wish to stay here longer and I don't really know what will I feel on the last day I'll be here, which is not very long away, Monday. This is so far the best holiday ever and today is just my first day. Hehe!

The environment here is so ambience although I would say the beach is just so so if compare to those that I have been. But it's definitely five star standard hotel. The room is awesome. I stay at the Hill Villa facing the sea. Cool! I can't describe how happy I am to be finally here. Never really dream of being here actually.

Oh...there's a library here...not many books up to my taste but they are cool. A library in a hotel. That's a first. Needless to say WiFi in the library. My darling is all hooked up with his notebook. He's so happy that he can actually remote control his home PC from here. Now he's still rooting there unmoveable. Hehe!

I will definitely share more photos later when I get the chance to upload them. Wish the time can just stop here. Haha!

Hi Jenniko,

Wow...so you are finally there. Hmm...thinking you should have jungle trekking today (Sunday)? Sorry for not be able to reply you (sms) because I am now in Belgium for work. Hehe...did you go for the open bath with dead sea salt? And do you like the berry body shampoo? Haha...both me and my hubby like the open bath so much that he prepared the bath every time by himself.

Tell you what, even after we were back from PLR, one morning when we woke up, we immediately thought of going to Uncle Lim's for breakfast. Haha...

This is a total relaxing place and hopefully I can go back again in 2 years time with my hubby, enjoying sleeping by the seaside at Emerald Bay.

Do enjoy yourself, enjoy being close to the nature, and have a memorable, wonderful honeymoon! Congratulations again!

aishiteru,

we redeem from the points wo..

coz last sat we had wedding dinner at my home town so get the ytl points lo..so we redeem it for our small honeymoon lo..