581 replies to this topic

#181 FongFong

FongFong

Nonchalant Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 169 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 12:38 AM

count me too ... pls PM me as well ... thanks ...

*edited*
soli, just found tat kirei oledi post d contact ... :P in previous thread ...

Hi, does anyone know any wine suppliers? I'm finding for a wine supplier who supplies a wine named Lambrusco.

i got a frd deal w wine for wedding.he is importer of some aust + french + s.arfica wine. intro him to some of my frds'wedd alredy, their comment is pretty gd bout his wine ., reasoanable price.gd service....so i will ask him for the wine for my wedd too:)
just PM u his contact. u try call him ...anyone interested can PM me for his contact

#182 lee_yuki2000

lee_yuki2000

Nonchalant Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 78 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 03:06 PM

I served red wine, beer and hard liquor. I bought 2 barrel of beer from calsberg factory. If not mistaken 1 barrel cost RM 540. You need to buy min of 2 barrel. If you want, they assign 2 staffs to serve the beer.

#183 WeddingBliss

WeddingBliss

Nonchalant Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 12:10 PM

Hello Gals&Guys...

I like to share this info regarding wine supplier for all types of functions esp weddings+anniversaries with u all. I had red wine for my wedding in June this year @ Bangsar Seafood Restaurant K.L. Me and my hubby are indeed fully satisfied and pleased with his ideas,service and attention rendered. And of course his selection in both the appropriate vintage wine that went really well with all my guests, and the economical price that is ideal and best suited my budget. You wont go wrong having him as your wedding reception/dinner planner too. So feel comfortable in contacting&chatting with this experienced and elderly person.
Mr/Uncle Chan @ 019-2262636

#184 aprilger

aprilger

Nonchalant Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 30 September 2007 - 10:59 PM

Hi all

Me and my husband are having a big headache now. We do not know how much wine we should get for our Wedding dinner. I would like to hear some advices... I will be having 40 tables of guests with some non drinkers and some very good drinkers and the rest average. I would like to know is 100 btls of wine, 2 barrel of beer (22.7L per barrel) enough for the 40 tables? We will start serving the drinks during the cocktail where ppl stands outside the ballroom and mingle around. Thanks

Aprilger

#185 WeddingBliss

WeddingBliss

Nonchalant Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 10:26 AM

Hi all

Me and my husband are having a big headache now. We do not know how much wine we should get for our Wedding dinner. I would like to hear some advices... I will be having 40 tables of guests with some non drinkers and some very good drinkers and the rest average. I would like to know is 100 btls of wine, 2 barrel of beer (22.7L per barrel) enough for the 40 tables? We will start serving the drinks during the cocktail where ppl stands outside the ballroom and mingle around. Thanks

Aprilger

Hi Aprilger,
Please to let you know that you need to cater only 2 bottles of wine per table the most for your forthcoming wedding dinner. The latter was being adviced by our wine supplier whom we managed to reap a great saving on the eventual wine bill that also come from his advice on how the wine should be poured and served for that night function at the particular venue. For further help or assitance, please don't hesitate to contact him (Mr. Chan @ 019-2262636)

#186 joeybabe

joeybabe

Lovely Lady

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 552 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 03:30 PM

may i know, how many beers to cater about 50tables ? if we could get RM72 per carton, is that means cheaper than 540 per barrel ?

how many carton do we need to cater an average beers drinkers for 50 tables ?

#187 violetlim

violetlim

Nonchalant Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 84 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 11:00 PM

good deal?! check it out.... :)

Carlifonia wine - Carlo Rossi selling @ RM 26.90 @ Giant, Bandar Puteri Puchong

France wine - J P Chenet selling @ RM 29.90 @ Tesco, Puchong;
just saw Carrefour catalog @ RM 32.90;
normal price is RM 39.90 @ Jusco

#188 allyson

allyson

Lovely Lady

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 11:36 PM

Dear Violet

The price is reasonable.. but i suggest u buy 1 bottle of Carlo Rossi first and try..
For a wine drinker, Carlo Rossi for this price is low end wine. Dun really like the taste.

#189 violetlim

violetlim

Nonchalant Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 84 posts

Posted 03 November 2007 - 08:11 PM

thanks Allyson... personally we will go for J P Chenet-Merlot as most recommended...
if someone is looking for budget wine, these 2 r quite reasonable for the time being...
just found out this morning, Jacobs is selling @ RM 39.90; World Bass-Engle Hawk @ RM 39.90 at Jusco wif 5% further discount
u gals may check it out... :)

#190 allyson

allyson

Lovely Lady

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 03 November 2007 - 09:02 PM

Dear Violet

Good choice going with the merlot. I personally prefer Merlot to Shiraz or Cab Sav. More fruity and suits most palate

Of all the list you have, i definitely will go for Wolf Blass Eaglehawk - Cab Sav (full bodied) => probably coz me more a Australian wine fan. But do try out Brown Brothers range... particularly their dessert wine 2006 Lexia and the Orange and Muscat.. (too bad can't get it here).. Me still holding on to a 2003 bottle...

Try this Brown Brothers webby for a more comprehensive list Brown Brothers
and in its also a "wizard" / tool to help u match your food to the right wine.

#191 yoyo

yoyo

Lovely Lady

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 632 posts

Posted 21 November 2007 - 12:50 PM

HELP!!!! URGENT!!

gals i need help..

my Klang side dinner is next sunday which also my AD lo..
then hor the person that my bf family used to their service of Carlsberg said dun1 do due to no earn wo..suddenly tell us this week.
so, now we need find another supply for Carlsberg ler..
Anyone got the contact number n how much they charge (as a reference ma)..?
Thanx a lot..

#192 babysiew

babysiew

Precious Princess

• Advance Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,239 posts

Posted 21 November 2007 - 01:22 PM

u can go to carlsberg webbie and check for beer catering... can call them up... or tiger or any of the beer manufacturers

#193 Caroline

Caroline

Nonchalant Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 273 posts

Posted 29 November 2007 - 12:43 PM

Anybody know the price for a barrel of beers in the market?
1 barrel is for how many glasses normally?
Please let me have an estimation figure will do.

Thanks all!

#194 Xin

Xin

Nonchalant Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 141 posts

Posted 29 November 2007 - 01:01 PM

hi caroline, i jst happened to ask shangkar(bankers) regarding this yesterday, he said 1 barrel (23L) of beer should be around 70-72 glasses smile.gif

#195 mummyally

mummyally

Vivacious Viscountess

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts

Posted 29 November 2007 - 03:11 PM

Hmmm JWM is giving me 1 30litres beer barrel for free and approx for 90 glasses. One barrel is RM1250.

#196 Eve587

Eve587

Nonchalant Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 29 November 2007 - 04:39 PM

if i buy wine personally from Europe or from the internet (Europe) and ship them back to Malaysia, i heard you need to pay taxes at the port when inspected by the customs? anyone know if this is true? and how much are the taxes?

#197 Caroline

Caroline

Nonchalant Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 273 posts

Posted 29 November 2007 - 11:42 PM

Thanks Xin and mummyally.

Xin,

Do you ask how much per barrel?
Are you getting red wine from them as well?

#198 Xin

Xin

Nonchalant Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 141 posts

Posted 30 November 2007 - 05:37 PM

bankers club selling Carlsberg draught at RM950++ per barrel. With min. 1 barrel beer purchased from them, u will get waiver of corkage for wine and hard liquor, it's stated in their package smile.gif

if i'm not mistaken, i think i've seen from this forum tht someone is getting carlsberg beer at RM540 per barrel....

i'm still considering whether to buy wine/beer from bankers club or not so tht i can get waived for all the corkages... wink.gif anyway my wedding will be on sept08, i still have time to think abt tht tongue.gif

#199 Caroline

Caroline

Nonchalant Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 273 posts

Posted 30 November 2007 - 07:38 PM

Xin,

U didn't ask them to waive the corkage charges before you book meh? tongue.gif
Heheheh, I think you buy the red wine from them is better - 3 cases den u can waive all the charges.
If your guest can drink.
I don't think so my guest can drink that much, because I onli have 16 tables, headache.
1 bottle waive for each table. So was thinking to buy from them or juz bring my own and if extra 1-2 bottles den I pay the additional corkage charges.

#200 Xin

Xin

Nonchalant Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 141 posts

Posted 30 November 2007 - 09:47 PM

Caroline,
i asked.... but only can waive 1 bottle per every confirm table lor... as stated in their package... sad.gif
u sure ur guests dont drink much? huh.gif

#201 Caroline

Caroline

Nonchalant Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 273 posts

Posted 30 November 2007 - 10:51 PM

My uncles drink hard liquor.
According to my MIL, relatives don't drink much nowadays because 'old liao' laugh.gif . Later need to drive too.
But I think I need to reconfirm again.My MIL said 5-6 bottles of hard liquor enuff but me thinking of getting 1 bottle per table, laugh.gif . I think too much lar .
Friends are around 4-5 tables only for me and hubby.

Xin , what do you think ar?

16 tables:-

5/6 bottles of hard liquor
12 bottles of red wines enuff ?

Or should i get 3 cases from BC and waive all the charges? Their red wine is fifty plus per bottle.
Sigh.... undecided.

#202 s_y

s_y

Nonchalant Novice

• Advance Member
  • Pip
  • 419 posts

Posted 01 December 2007 - 07:02 PM

Anyone heard of a hard liquor called Larsen?

#203 lascivioux.raj

lascivioux.raj

Nonchalant Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 December 2007 - 03:45 PM

heyya, i just found this forum so sorry for the late updates on alcohol. if you want any bottles, as in any bottles, vsop, chivas, johnie walker, vsop, bacardi, absolut, skyy, finlandia, dimple, passport, jim beam, whisky, champagne and beer and much more, i have a very good contact, and he gives better prices for big purchases.
he also has premium bottles such as chivas 18, blue label, green label, glenfiddich, and much more. do tell me what bottle you are looking for, the quantity and i will get right back to you.
cheers and have a great day.

#204 lascivioux.raj

lascivioux.raj

Nonchalant Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 December 2007 - 03:47 PM

and yes i have heard of larsen, its a vsop, hits your head real fast..but requires some time to get use to it.

#205 s_y

s_y

Nonchalant Novice

• Advance Member
  • Pip
  • 419 posts

Posted 04 December 2007 - 07:36 PM

lascivuoux,

do you know how much per bottle this larsen cost?

#206 aprilger

aprilger

Nonchalant Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 05:14 PM

Hi all

I had my wedding on 17th Nov 2007. I have 41 tables and we consumed 95 btls of wine (i bought 120), 2 barrel of beer and 2 btls of hard liquor. I tink its better to buy more so that you dun need to buy it from the hotel which will be more expensive. I just wanna share that Lindemans have a good range of wine(Shiraz, merlot) . The guests commented that it was good.

Aprilger

#207 rosayee

rosayee

Lovely Lady

• Advance Member
  • PipPip
  • 903 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 05:26 PM

Aprilger,

mind to share which wine you brought? how much is it per bottle? where did you brought your wine & liquor?

thanks for sharing smile.gif

QUOTE(aprilger @ Dec 6 2007, 05:14 PM)  
Hi all

I had my wedding on 17th Nov 2007. I have 41 tables and we consumed 95 btls of wine (i bought 120), 2 barrel of beer and 2 btls of hard liquor. I tink its better to buy more so that you dun need to buy it from the hotel which will be more expensive. I just wanna share that Lindemans have a good range of wine(Shiraz, merlot) . The guests commented that it was good.

Aprilger

#208 Xin

Xin

Nonchalant Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 141 posts

Posted 07 December 2007 - 04:04 PM

QUOTE(Caroline @ Nov 30 2007, 10:51 PM)  
My uncles drink hard liquor.
According to my MIL, relatives don't drink much nowadays because 'old liao' laugh.gif . Later need to drive too.
But I think I need to reconfirm again.My MIL said 5-6 bottles of hard liquor enuff but me thinking of getting 1 bottle per table, laugh.gif . I think too much lar .
Friends are around 4-5 tables only for me and hubby.

Xin , what do you think ar?

16 tables:-

5/6 bottles of hard liquor
12 bottles of red wines enuff ?

Or should i get 3 cases from BC and waive all the charges? Their red wine is fifty plus per bottle.
Sigh.... undecided.

Dear Caroline,

my frens told me 1.5-2 bottles of red wine per table should be enough...
so maybe you want to prepare more red wine just incase? tongue.gif

#209 joeslin

joeslin

Nonchalant Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 December 2007 - 11:45 AM

QUOTE(irish @ Jan 12 2007, 11:10 PM)  
Hi there,

I'm so excited to hear that u got the contact..Mind to let me know?

Thanks a lot...

QUOTE(kirei @ Jan 12 2007, 08:46 PM)  
QUOTE(leehong @ Jan 9 2007, 11:20 AM)  
Hi, does anyone know any wine suppliers? I'm finding for a wine supplier who supplies a wine named Lambrusco.

i got a frd deal w wine for wedding.he is importer of some aust + french + s.arfica wine. intro him to some of my frds'wedd alredy, their comment is pretty gd bout his wine ., reasoanable price.gd service....so i will ask him for the wine for my wedd too:)
just PM u his contact. u try call him ...anyone interested can PM me for his contact

hi, can i have his contact no. thank u!

#210 ltan06@hotmail.com

ltan06@hotmail.com

Nonchalant Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 December 2007 - 03:55 PM

QUOTE(eYore @ Nov 22 2005, 01:15 PM)  
PM, i got my red wine fr supplier - Denise Wine @ Imbi.

v had only 23 tables, red wines = 4 cartons + 1 carton stand by. beer = 3 - 4 barrels i think, can't really remember.

end of the dinner, red wines left 5 bottles & no balance for beer.

soft drinks r provided by hotel.

Hi eYore,

Which brand of red wine did you choose? How much per carton? My crowd will be mainly elderly people. Think red wine is better, light and the color looks nice

Tks,
Jackie