Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

wedding photos and hi-res digital images

1 post in this topic

Posted · Report post

HI,

In the finally-spending-what-I've earned department, I'm picking out a wedding photographer. The dilemma is, the photographer my fiancee has finally clicked with only provides 1800 x 1200 pixel digital images (along with the hard-copy elements of the package). He is very reluctant to offer any higher resolution, and says he has never done this. Checking with married friends, many have gotten full resolution digital copies as part of their package, so it seems possible. I don't want to be held hostage if 10 years later I decide I want a higher resolution photo, poster, etc. But mainly, I just want copies of photos from my own wedding! I could offer to pay more, but we are already talking about a $4500 package. I'd love to just move on to other photographers who are more flexible. Heck, I'd be happy to hire students at a local photography school. But then I'm in big, big spousal trouble if we end up with bad pictures.Should I just settle for 1800 x 1200, which seems like it may just be good enough for up to 8x10 prints? Or is there a better strategy here? Boglehead advice would be helpful here...

Please help.

I didn't find the right solution from the Internet.

References:
https://www.bogleheads.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=102415
Promotional video production agency

Thanks!