ethanize

Symptoms of Pregnancy???

For all MTB,

I'm newbie here. And would like to know what is the symptoms of pregnancy??

For 1st month of pregnancy isit any symptoms???

Following with 2nd month & 2rd months, and what is the symptoms???

Pls share your experiences & thoughts. :P

Haiz, since there is no sharing from MTB, here i've done some research.

The following is the symphoms i've found :-

Early stage of pregnancy

Fatigue

Owing to hormonal changes in the body of a woman, most women experience fatigue during the first few weeks of pregnancy. It is very difficult to distinguish between fatigue that takes place due to a change in hormone levels and tiredness that is associated with physical exertion. However, one can understand that one is pregnant if fatigue occurs without exertion or too much travel. This is early pregnancy symptom.

Missing A Period

Missing a period is another sign of pregnancy. All women have a period every month if they are not pregnant. If in a particular month a woman misses a period, then it is an obvious early pregnancy symptom. In most cases, this is a sure indication of pregnancy. Missing a period is also sometimes associated with cramping in the legs with a feeling that periods may start anytime. Back pain accompanies cramping in most cases.

Nausea and vomiting

Also known as 'morning sickness', nausea is considered as one of the earliest early pregnancy symptom. Women usually fear it as a bout of food poisoning or an attack of cold! It is also the most annoying symptom of pregnancy. Most women start to experience this very common complaint, after a month of pregnancy. However, morning sickness can attack as early as the first week of conception in some women too.

Frequent Urination

Frequent urination is another annoying early pregnancy symptom. It usually starts soon after conception, due to the reducing size of the urinary bladder, as the uterus grows larger to accommodate the baby. It can also be the result of the release of the pregnancy hormone progesterone, which stimulates the bladder muscles to give a feeling of fullness, which in turn prompts one to urinate more often.

Constipation

This is an irritating sign of pregnancy. Constipation is usually followed with an urge to eat large quantities of sour and spicy food.

There is alot of early sign of pregnancy and as mentioned above is the most common one....

When in doubt, there's the pregnancy test kit OR see the doctor. Some of the symptoms aren't really reliable so I guess that's why no one helped you out on that.

For instance - Missed period. Only applies if you have a regular menstrual cycle and it can be affected by stress or other reasons aside from pregnancy

Constipation - Could be you don't have enough fibre in your diet.

Nausea or vomitting - Food poisoning maybe?

For me I had none of the above except missed period for 1 week then I went and bought the kit and the doctor confirmed that I was 1 month pregnant . So it's very hard to pinpoint the symptoms. And no more getting too panicky if you do happen to experience the mentioned signs :lol:

Hi mummyally,

Thank for your advice. It's really helpful.

Tot all the sign match will get pregnant but after read ur explaination then i understand why the sign of pregnancy is not fully correct.

the symptoms can differ from one mummy to the other and also one pregnancy to the other for the same individual. My cousin had no MS for her first child, but she suffered quite badly during her second pregnancy.

The common ones are as listed in this website which i frequent http://www.americanpregnancy.org/gettingpr...cysymptoms.html

When u conceive, you start producing a hormone called HCG. The urine test kits are designed to detect this hormone but the level of the HCG has to be high enough to be detected, and normally, it's at 2 weeks after conception, and based on the normal menstrual cycle, the 1st day of your period. Any earlier than that, a blood test would be more accurate.

Hope this helps.

i would like to know how big is our stomach if one get pregnant for 3 months? Do you think is better to concieve after your married AD or before? what happen if u get pregnant before your wedding day?

any advices...thanks

Just to lighten the mood a bit.

If you are pregnant before AD, then when relatives ask when are you going to give us a big fat baby? then you can straightly answer 'soon' or ' x months from now'. You have no idea how damn annoying these questions are

If you are open-minded and don't mind people (guests) fingers pointing at you on the AD if they noticed you are pregnant, no problem then. "What happen if u get pregnant before your wedding day?" Basically you have nothing to do, just accept the fact! Don't ever think of abortion, the little one in your womb is innocence, the adults should bear the responsibility.

i would like to know how big is our stomach if one get pregnant for 3 months? Do you think is better to concieve after your married AD or before? what happen if u get pregnant before your wedding day?

any advices...thanks

I agree completely! It would so different sharing your wedding day with the lil one in ur tummy. I'm not sure how true this is but my mom said that if a girl got married because she's pregnant usually on her wedding day the pregnancy bulge wont show until she has gone through the whole ceremony thingy. This is because the bride probably too shy and subconciously the bulge wont be obvious. I've tried to put this theory into practise during my relatives wedding. And true enough those who I didnt know was pregnant until the wedding dinner was over but maybe of the wedding gown concealing the bulge hmmm <_<

Anyway like what burgundywine said try not to have abortion as an option should you be pregnant before the wedding day. The lil one's innocent and adults shall bear the responsibilities. Or you do what I'm doing at the moment. Have the baby first then only go through the wedding day. :D

Btw sweet73 I don't think the first three months, the baby bulge would be obvious although for me my bulge started showing when I was 2 mths preggy or maybe that's my tummy fat :P

sweet73, my personal opinion if you're planning for pregnancy before AD - think twice. My hubby and I started trying for baby about 2 months before our AD because we wanted a little piggy so was thinking no harm trying earlier. I got pregnant before AD. Two downfalls for this:

1. The period right before AD could be one of the most stressful period. Stress is no good for pregnancy lor. I actually experienced spotting during my AD and I suspect it was due to stress. Luckily the pregnancy was okay...

2. Cannot travel for honeymoon after AD. Being the cautious type, I postponed my honeymoon for my pregnancy *sniff sniff*

(But then the sacrifice is worthy after seeing my baby now :D )

Didn't think thoroughly about these factors before coz too excited when started to plan for pregnancy mar. So you might wanna take these into considerations :P

Thanks for your gals adviced. it seem not advisable to get pregnant b4 AD. i have same thought like sooky....i tot if 3months pregnant our body wont shown much different and people wont realise, so it should be fine to try early concieve....but it is hard to say cause some people try really hard still unable to pregnant yah...:-(

Me and my HB don't care what people think so we started trying recently even though our AD is next month. Trouble is that I have all those symptoms (except for the missed period coz I'm a week away from my next period) and the test is negative. Now, it's either my body is all wonky or it's too early to detect HCG. =.=

Since i planned my pregnancy

i tested with the home pregnancy test the 10th day after my ovulation and i already got a faint line.

and it's been a year now i still remember how happy my hubby look when i showed him the positive test and the first word he said to me was calling me 'mummy'

hehehehehe~

Me and my HB don't care what people think so we started trying recently even though our AD is next month. Trouble is that I have all those symptoms (except for the missed period coz I'm a week away from my next period) and the test is negative. Now, it's either my body is all wonky or it's too early to detect HCG. =.=

Actually, mei i plan to do the same as you.. trying one month before AD .. i think it's still a bit early for the pregnancy try yet.. you should wait till your period due to have the more accurate result.. this is what my gynae told me.. as I was once suspected myself to be pregnant and my gynae told me HCG will be detected as soon as your period due

Actually, mei i plan to do the same as you.. trying one month before AD .. i think it's still a bit early for the pregnancy try yet.. you should wait till your period due to have the more accurate result.. this is what my gynae told me.. as I was once suspected myself to be pregnant and my gynae told me HCG will be detected as soon as your period due

Not really leh, maybe it depends on personal. I use the home test kit after period due, but negative. After overdue a mth i try again then only show positive

when it comes to the day i see 2 lines on the home preg test kit, i imagine i would have goose bump all over and the next thing to do is to look for husband with the kit dripping with urine. :lol: he should be the 1st one in this world to know as he is the dad to the baby.

anyway i am now 1 week post ovulation and experienced lil' bloataness and has been having yellowish whitish creamy discharge non stop lasted for few days, which is unusual. i also just know there is such thing as implantation bleeding and i seen light brown spotting on my panties, but its only once. now i am 1 week away from the menses due and its like waiting for lottery's result, so kan cheung. i will keep myself busy for this week just to help myself pass time. ;)

Sometime the home kit test might not be very accuracy. I tested it when my period was 2 weeks delayed the result shown it negative. I don't have any morning sickness or other sympthon except I feel my breast is sensitive. Just a little touch I will feel very painful. 3 weeks after my period delayed then I went to the gynes to check up, during the scaning process only prove that I am pregnant.

Of cause it is a good news since after 3 years of my married finally my first baby come. My husband and me are very surprised and excited when doctor told us the news. I can't believe it really come true.

hi spicegal,

me also experience the same...

last year september, my menses delay for almost 1 month and i done 3 pregnancy test with different brand included cheap brand and expensive brand like Clearblue and SureEasy, that with 2 lines indication and positive sign indication. I tested and result come out suprisingly that i was pregnant.

At that moment really feel happy. I asked my friends, who had been 4 children's mother confirmed that the accuracy home pregnancy test is 99% accurate. However, one week later the menses come to visit...then feel dissapointed and went to see gynae to confirm whether i had my menses or miscarriage. Finally i done a blood test and confirm that my menses is visiting me... :( Heartbreaked at the moment.....

I think the accuracy of home pregnancy test is different from each individual... As mentioned by my friend, she only get to know she was pregnant by confirm through blood test but not home pregnancy test lor...

So now im already cycle days of 51 but menses yet to come... tested negative few days ago and now decided not to re test until i see my body changed or until 60 days cycle then i will go directly to gynae to confirm on pregnancy and just sit and wait for the auntie flow to visit me..... I don't have any pregnancy symthoms but only feel sore, tender and swollen breast especially near my armpit.

hi ethanize,

Sometime our anutie delay because of pressure and stress we face in our daily life. But if you have plan for pregnancy, I think it is better to pay a visit to gynea. Usually gynea will give you commil pil or both husband and wife need to take some medicine.

One more thing I remember in my begining stage of pregnancy, i always feel so cold even in a very hot day. Sleepy and tireness is another sympthon. Also you will feel no appretise to eat.

i tested today with home pregnancy test and it showed 2 lines :huh:

Congratulations cheerio! So, did you really do as you imagined? Goosebumps and rushing to your hb with the urine dripping tester?

hi fluene, no i didn't maybe i have been expecting it to happen so i am actually quite dissapointed with my own reactions. :D :P

by the way, my colleague keep asking me to go and do blood test as it may give more accurate results. i shall wait till my menses 1 week due only i will go, but i am very happy now. husband said he is kan cheung more than happy. :lol: do you know if i should go and do scan later or should i go and do blood test first? don want to waste money unnecessarily... :rolleyes: