bear_bear

East malaysian baby

Hi,

I m a mum to be ~ CNY 2008. :D

I m a Sarawakian n my hubby is not.

I wish my children is Sarawakian - easier entry, working opportunity in S'wak, etc.

Is there anyone with the experience of delivering babe in peninsula, and managed to get that status of Swakian for the child?

If flying back there to deliver is the only option, I need to on board before ~ 28 weeks of pregnancy.

And that my maternity leave & annual leave will not enough to cover me n my baby up to my confinement period. :(

congrat, welcome to Mama Club..

ee, i thot every malaysian will hv equally opportunity to get a job in m'sia, incl @ Sarawak. Why does one has to be a Swakian to get a working opp @ Sarawak lei?

If u feel more comfy to hv ur bb @ ur hometown, then it's better to hv the bb there, though u might hv to leave KL as earlier as possible, cuz u might need to hv a few chk ups at the hospital where u plan to deliver ur bb. otherwise, u could hv ur parents or family member to fly to KL for u...

ee, i thot every malaysian will hv equally opportunity to get a job in m'sia, incl @ Sarawak. Why does one has to be a Swakian to get a working opp @ Sarawak lei?

If u feel more comfy to hv ur bb @ ur hometown, then it's better to hv the bb there, though u might hv to leave KL as earlier as possible, cuz u might need to hv a few chk ups at the hospital where u plan to deliver ur bb. otherwise, u could hv ur parents or family member to fly to KL for u...

Oh, it is not west Malaysian cannot work there, just need to apply work permit.

It is something like working in foreign country, need pass, application, etc.

Yeah, hm.... need time to get used to the hospital that I plan to deliver as well.....

Oh, it is not west Malaysian cannot work there, just need to apply work permit.

It is something like working in foreign country, need pass, application, etc.

Yeah, hm.... need time to get used to the hospital that I plan to deliver as well.....

if u deliver baby here, u can convert the state information when u do the ic next time. i was informed by the officer in Jabatan Pendaftaran Putrajaya last year when i deliver my baby. but as parent, either one of u must have west malaysian ic.

huh, person born in WM need to get a work permit if want to work @ EM ah? so strange one.....we r all Malaysian, & we need a permit to work there....not fair lei...

if am not mistaken, for ppl who born in WM and working in EM, they'll need to go back to WM at least once every 3 month. so it's kind of inconvenient lor...

if am not mistaken, for ppl who born in WM and working in EM, they'll need to go back to WM at least once every 3 month. so it's kind of inconvenient lor...

this is correct. west malaysian can only stay in EM for max 3 mths.

bear_bear,

Many of my Sarawakian friends go back to Sarawak to deliver their babies. Therefore, I don't think if the child is born in WM but can get Sarawakian status. Anyway, you can find it out with Jabatan Pendaftaran before making decision.

bear_bear,

Many of my Sarawakian friends go back to Sarawak to deliver their babies. Therefore, I don't think if the child is born in WM but can get Sarawakian status. Anyway, you can find it out with Jabatan Pendaftaran before making decision.

can get east malaysian status. but during do ic time. not during new born. just fill up a form to change status. but one of the parent must have valid east malaysian ic, i mean with east malaysia address printed on the ic. if parent already converted to west malaysia address, then parent need to change ic first before they can change status for the child.

bear_bear,

can get east malaysian status. but during do ic time. not during new born. just fill up a form to change status. but one of the parent must have valid east malaysian ic, i mean with east malaysia address printed on the ic. if parent already converted to west malaysia address, then parent need to change ic first before they can change status for the child.

Hi jocelyn & yuhchyng,

Thanks for the sharing. I will confirm with Jab Pendaftaran then.

What i knew of was if both parents are Sarawakian, then can change status during IC making.

Thank you.

Another resource you may need: myBBstore.com - Malaysia Preferred Online Baby Store

There is an excellent online baby store based in KL, myBBstore.com. They have wide range of quality products and delivery is super quick (next day delivery if in Peninsular Malaysia). Yes, they deliver to east malaysia as well. Have a look at the website.

Visit their website at http://www.myBBstore.com

Hi Jocelyn,

U r rite. I went to confirmed with Jab Pendaftaran, there is no way to change the state of delivery. :(

So sad. And I know 1 case that IC is WM, but passport can get 'K' status if the father is EM.

Tnx + Rgds.

Hi guys I know this is old news..but let me just clarify for future mums to be who wants to know. The law is like this, it doesn't matter where the baby is born.

1) If the father is EM, the mother is EM, the baby is born in WM, the baby will still have the EM status. the My KAD will have 'K' on it regardless what is the address.

2) If the father is EM, the mother is WM, the baby is born in WM, the baby will still have the EM status. the My KAD will have 'K' on it regardless what is the address.

3) If the father is WM, the mother is EM, the baby is born in WM, the baby will NOT have the EM status. the My KAD will NOT have 'K' on it regardless what is the address.

4) If the father is EM and the baby is WM, the baby is born the EM, the baby will still have the EM status. the My KAD will have 'K' on it regardless what is the address.

5) If the father is WM, the mother is EM, the baby is born in EM, the baby will NOT have the EM status. the My KAD will NOT have 'K' on it regardless what is the address.

So basically what I'm saying is the father status is most important, not the mother's, and not where the baby is born. There are cases whereby the parents are WM, the baby is born in EM, born and bred grew up, but unable to get a WORK PERMIT. Like working in a foreign country, you have to apply for a work permit and you have to be exceptional in your field to be granted one. For eg. if you just want to work in a supermarket, the government would not grant such a permit. If you are a professor, a professional etc, then they will probably grant the permit. So, I guess for EM ladies who wants your babies to be EM status, the only way is u have to marry EM! Or else, you have to accept for the fact that you have married to WM and have to settle there for life.

hi leonamatutd,

thanks for the info.

i think u r right.

in the end i deliver in WM.

now my kid is 1.5 mths old.

when i saw the birth cert with the number something like IC no. with state indication of WM, i sense something wrong.

he is WM. i dont think there is any chance to change the status of EM or WM.

Bear_bear,

your child can get the K ic when he or she is 12 years old as you are holding the Sarawakian "K" ic so don't worry. It's not about father being East Malaysian. It's about either parents being an East Malaysian.

leonamanutd,

With all due respects, you did not study the law completely as it's not about the father, but it's about either the parents being Sarawakian and the children can get it regardless whether they are born in Sarawak or not. In other words, children of one of the parents being Sarawakians can get K ic and you are just being fakely biased with your lies.