mummyally

Checklist for the newborn and mummies

Things to Buy _ List compiled from recommendation from mummies in the forum.

Stroller (do some research on what are your needs before you buy. Typically will need 2 strollers in my opinion. Would recommend Maclaren Quest for 4 months above). I have a full reclined Combi that I used from newborn to 3 months but it's not lightweight and harder to maneuver.

Car seat (Good brands are Maxi Cosi, Peg Perego & Britax). Get one you can use from newborn to 3 years old

Avent bottle 3 Big (BPA free ones)

Avent bottle 4 Small (BPA free ones)

Avent Bottle Sterilizer

Avent Citric Acid Descaler for the sterilizer

Extra Teats for stages

Avent sealer disc (important so your bottle don't leak when u go out)

Baby Clothes (Get the vest kind for newborn, easier to put on).

Breast Pump (electric recommended) - Avent or Medela

Breast Milk bags for storage

Bottle Warmer Bag/ insulated bag & ice packs

Changing Mat

Nappy rash cream (Desitin creamy or Drapolene)

Baby moisturizer (Johnson's)

Diapers: Pampers Premium for Newborn or Mamy Poko Newborn

Diapers Size S for when they outgrow the newborn in 1 months time

Baby Wet wipes

Cotton pads to clean eyes

Face towels (for bath and also to wipe their milk when they regurgitate)

Soft bath towel

Bibs (Mothercare has good ones)

Ziplock bags for outings or store pampers when going out

A good Diaper bag with lots of storage. Mine is Baby Mel

Baby Cot (with wheels is preferred, at least 3 levels and convertible to toddler cot with plastic protectors on the top bars)

Baby Cot mattress (Baby safe latex mattress)

Baby cot mobile (Rainforest mobile by Fisher Price or Tiny Love Mozart Musical mobile - read online reviews at Amazon.com!)

Baby Cot Bumper, bedsheet

Nappy as a light blanket or to wrap them up for security

Baby sleep positioner (optional) or a bean husk bag

Baby Teether

Baby Bjorn Carrier (lifesaver! The hubs looked better with the Bbjorn carrier than the sarong)

Sarong sling from Moms in Mind (www.mim.com) or the Baby Pouch from www. pupsilk.com

Breastfeeding cover with Elbow Nursing Pillow (www.bigbellymama.com)

Pacifier ( I didn't get this, but if you can't stand the crying, get NUK ones which are orthodontric recommended ones)

Baby Monitor (Phillips) - I didn't get this either as my house isn't big but if you have a big home it will be handy

Baby bathing

Baby soap/ bath lotion (Johnson’s baby milk bath recommended, use very little for each bath)

Baby shampoo (get mild ones as baby has sensitive senses). Kodomo brand has the best fragrance,

Baby blanket

Baby powder (corn starch ones recommended to prevent inhalation)

Thermometer - Braun digital ear thermometer

Kodomo baby clothes detergent (great for stains)

Rubber ducky to distract baby

Rubber mat for them to sit inside the bath tub (also for travelling ie. Hotel bath tubs)

Baby Bath Tub (with reclining seat)

Toys & Playstuff

Rattle (Get a few with different sounds, designs)

Baby play gym

Bumbo Seat with tray

High Chair (I recommend the Fisher Price Booster seat. Just strap on to your dining chair. Saves space and easy to clean and remove)

Playpen (good to plonk baby in when you need to get something done)

Playpen mattress

Soft cloth books/ plastic bath books (A good investment. Keeps S occupied a good 15-20mins when we go out for dinner)

Mummy Care

Breast cream for cracked nipples

Disposable Nursing pads

Disposible panties (important coz will bleed a lot after delivery). Get the good quality ones

Sanitary pads (Whisper - Long Ultra dry recommended) No need to get maternity pads.

Inflatable float to sit on after delivery (Stiches will hurt if got episotomy)

Dettol handwash (disinfect, disinfect, disinfect!!! Also for your guests to clean their hands before they touch baby)

Dettol to clean other things

Confinement Needs if practised

Sesame oil

Black vinegar

Ginger

Dried Mok Yu

Dried Longan

Dried dates

Dried Tong Sam

Chicken Essence

Bird's Nest if it doesn't hurt your pocket. (Double boil with ginseng, cordyceps or ginkgo nuts or egg for variety)

Organic Prune Juice (this is a lifesaver! Especiallly after delivery and it hurts like hell when you need to go!)

Do you need the big bottle? I don't think it is necessary for newborn

Things to Buy _ List compiled from recommendation from mummies in the forum.

it's always good to get a good brand for the first child because trust me, all those can last until your 3rd or 4th child. hhihihihih. I went all extravagant for my eldest and I save a lot when it comes to my second addition. :)

hi mommies

For any of u who doesn't mind to use preloved baby stuff, i'm selling my used baby items for very cheap price. They are in super good condition as i used it personally for 3 months only, some of the items are baby ayunan, Nursing pillow, baby sling, breastfeeding cover and etc. For expecting mommies or with newborn, i can throw in some of my newborn baby clothes for free when u purchase above RM 50. free delivery for PJ also if u purchase a lot.for pictures, please visit babyellicloset.blogspot.com

Having baby doesn't have to be expensive after all.

Cheers mommies :cheers:

ellibanana

Baby`s nails grow quickly, parents should take the baby nail clippers to take care of this dangerous issues instead of the adult size. The american red cross offers a completely set of stuffs for baby, such as the nail clippers and emergency medicate. Take a look for the collection of top nail clippers for baby on amazon to get more choice.

Good sharing. Just a tips, bring telon oil everywhere you go. Really helpful if you baby has bloating

for bloating, you can try to mix a little bit of bawang putih in your babies food to reduce gas and bloating

Is it white onion good for baby??

never heard baby eats onion hahahaha 

better dont give to the baby maybe it can cause acid to baby stomach 

Is it white onion good for baby??

bawang putih actually improves immune system and strengthen anti body. it also helps reduce bloating and coughing.  

Not sure about the bawang thingy. But usually i put some bawang goreng on the rice porridge for my son and he seems to like it. Never had any stomach problem or gas neither. Hes 2 y/o by the way 

of couse babies dont eat raw bawang. dont feed your babies raw bawang. theres method of using bawang for your babies health. one way you can do like lola.lee said. bwang goreng is okay to be fed

But i dont know whether it is good or not for babies and whats its benefits. What im sure of my baby like it and he has no problem eating bawang goreng so far

Why they put bawang at their pages?? They want to sell bawang haaa?? If sell.. How much per kilo?? Kahkahkah... 

Never heard about this news before. What is the connection between onion and TM? Are they want to improve their internet coverage? Haha

Hahaha LOL I cannot brain what they trying to deliver with bawang? Guess have to wait until the times come. Im just going to follow their page for update.