aishiteru

Mulu Caves, etc...

peeps,

i'm planning to have a short trip to Mulu next year march, have you all been there before?

any information to share with me???

Hi Aishiteru,

So sad that I never been to Mulu although I have stayed at Miri for 2 years. Ok, I got some infor from my FH (He been there before), he said you need to take express from Miri to Marudi for about 3 years and take boat from Marudi to Mulu for another few hours. He suggested that better stay there for 4 days 3 nights, so that you can explore more areas.

Have you heard about Borneo Highland Resort in Kuching? We planned to pay a day-visit during this Raya :) If you drop-by Kuching, you can take a look at this resort, I heard is nice. :)

peeps,

i'm planning to have a short trip to Mulu next year march, have you all been there before?

any information to share with me???

I wanted to go Mulu Caves badly. Hb always say to me, if we book the trip and you got pregnant how? Sigh! Till now I tak pregnant - pregnant lagi. And the trip also evaporated to thin air

hi beautifulgown,

you need to take express from Miri to Marudi for about 3 years and take boat from Marudi to Mulu for another few hours.

you mean 3hrs izzit???

i booked air tix from kl to Miri then take another local flight from Miri to Mulu.

Most probably we will be staying in RoyalMulu.

I saw photos from internet about the pinnacles look interesting but it stated need to hike few days in order to

reach the peak and it's tough :( i dont think i have time to go there since my trip is just for 4D3N only....

ops .. hahaha .. is 3 hours :P hahaha . sorry sorry .. my mistake .. ops :D

Ohh .. so you take direct flight from KL - Miri - Mulu, thats good ya. Faster and save your time too. Because my FH is in Miri that time, so they took express to Marudi (if not mistaken they spend 1 night at marudi for something) then from Marudi to Mulu. I also wanted to go to Mulu while I'm in Miri, but :( ishhh .. don't have chance la. Well .. at least I have been to Niah Cave! :D

aishiteru,

Tell you what, I am from Miri, stayed there for more than 18 years, but have not been to Mulu Caves :D . But, to go there, you will need to fly to Miri, take local flight from Miri to Mulu. I guess you will need to take boat for a short distance too. But you can enjoy the nature around you.

Been to Niah Caves for a few times, but heard that Mulu is far nicer than Niah. But I enjoy the nature in Niah, staying in the chalet, woke up early in the morning to enjoy the fresh air and saw lots of butterflies flying around a tree.

Hm...should plan to go to Mulu next year!

Hi yuhchyng,

Ahhh .. you are mirian, so bad ah .. you never been to Mulu :( You should ah .. as a Mirian, you should pay a visit to Mulu. I oso heard that Mulu is nice .. gess .. I should blamed my FH la, I wanted to have a Mulu trip and each time he will say .. see first, see first .. see until I balik Kuching!!

BG, yes, as a Mirian I must go...may be next year? Yeah... I am going home on Thursday for my wedding dinner. But AirAsia postponed my flight...haiyah...by the time I reach Miri will be 9pm already, then they postponed my return flight again and arrive in LCCT at 11.50pm!!

I have been to Mulu....nice......didn't climb the pinnacles though....explored the 4 caves.....was quite a few years back....I am not much of an outdoor person....my personal opinion is we should go there at least once in our lifetime.....it's after all a world-class tourist destination....but I wouldn't go there a second time....I prefer warm relaxing beaches to cold dark caves...haha....

ladies,

i just noted that the air fare from Miri to Mulu cost RM 280+ returns / pax via FAX

a bit pricey leer...

any other way to go there besides by flight?

or any other cheaper flight??

Hi Ashiteru,

I have been to Mulu before 2 years ago.

The cheapeast way is to book through the travel agent.

Royal Mulu is the only resort in the Mulu Cave area and you have to dine in the resort.

So my package includes air ticket from miri to mulu, 2D1N accommodation, 1 breakfast, 1 dinner and 1 or 2 lunch.

If you take package from travel agent, they will arrange tour guide to bring you into the caves.

Mulu is the area name..and they have many caves e.g. lang cave, wind cave, clearwater cave and deer cave.

If you want adventourous caving, you have to pay extra.

I spent 2 D and 1 night there and I can go to four caves. It is more than enough for me.

But remember to bring more mineral water. During the buffet breakfast, lunch or dinner, they do not serve plain water. Only coffee and tea. If you want mineral water, you have to buy from the shop. RM5 for 1.5litre.

Very expensive.

Btw, the travel agent which I have engaged is opposite to Mega Hotel. You try to ask travel agent. Better deal.

The Mullu Caves is the natural and historical heritage in Borneo Malaysia. It has wonderful caves and national park with enormous scenic beauty and attraction for visitors. The Wind and Clear water Caves are also much great to explore and visit with wonderful river attraction.The Royal Resort is a good place to stay with fine dining and lovely amenities.