They also allowed you to take photos during the gowns fitting. Take as much as you can! Tell me which BS will allow you to do so? Err.. the one I can name could be Mont Lisa but not all couples, ok?

i think got many BS also allow you to take photos during gown fitting lor... not sure whether it's for specific or all customer lor but my friend in touch, lv, gtc, taipei taipan also can take photo during gown fitting... and if you ask me bout my package you'll pengsan... :P but of coz the outcome of the photoshooting is different lar...

anyway, Rac generally you have a good package there... no worries... :)

Thanks mhyap1.Will check out soon ya. ;)

Hi all!

I signed up with them in Oct and was quite happy. Really enjoyed the dress fitting (tried on alot and took alot of pics also). I guess some people might think that their gown selection not very big but I really like the designs that I chose.

The actual photo shoot day was quite fun as well altho tiring. Decided to take in putrajaya and the drive there was quite long :P so if you dont want it to be so mafan dont choose such a far location!! Altho I have to say that the backdrop there is quite nice. The studio itself has alot of nice places to take pictures, quite unique i think.

I just went to choose the pictures for my album and here is where i 'sam tung' a bit. First day itself i ask if i can get all the pictures in a CD rom and they said can, but today they said only the 50 poses that I choose. So we talked to them a bit and they said either get a 3rd album (abt additional 1,200) to get all the pictures on CD or pay another 900 bucks for all the pictures on CD. Is this normal in other BS whereby you can't get all the pictures?

Anyways I kind of understand that also and they were quite helpful in choosing the pictures.

But then when I asked for the 'free gown' as I am an early bird buyer, Elaine suddenly said that I have to bring my friend/sister for the fitting cos the dress is only to rent. This is where I got a shock cos that day I was given the impression that i was getting a free gown to take home. Anyways I asked her properly and she finally said ok you can take it back.

Overall I wasn't very happy today as I felt that they tried to cut corners with me and Elaine was not as helpful as she was in the first day when she was trying to close the sale. Either way i would still recommend mikasa cos their photographer is good, but just be careful when you bargain, make sure you check everything properly and get them to write it down clearly. else you might lose out on a few things.

Hi ameil,

BS don't return ALL photos to you unless you wanna buy them. They will only return you the photos which you hv selected to put into your albums. I know Mikasa has 30 digital poses + 20 full page poses. So, you only gotta get back 50 poses in CDR and pls ensure that they return you is with touch up!!!

About the free gown, they did write it down in the receipt agreement and I'm allowed to take tht extra gown on my AD. Did they write it down on your receipt? If yes, there's no way they can denied.

Hi all!

I signed up with them in Oct and was quite happy. Really enjoyed the dress fitting (tried on alot and took alot of pics also). I guess some people might think that their gown selection not very big but I really like the designs that I chose.

The actual photo shoot day was quite fun as well altho tiring. Decided to take in putrajaya and the drive there was quite long :P so if you dont want it to be so mafan dont choose such a far location!! Altho I have to say that the backdrop there is quite nice. The studio itself has alot of nice places to take pictures, quite unique i think.

I just went to choose the pictures for my album and here is where i 'sam tung' a bit. First day itself i ask if i can get all the pictures in a CD rom and they said can, but today they said only the 50 poses that I choose. So we talked to them a bit and they said either get a 3rd album (abt additional 1,200) to get all the pictures on CD or pay another 900 bucks for all the pictures on CD. Is this normal in other BS whereby you can't get all the pictures?

Anyways I kind of understand that also and they were quite helpful in choosing the pictures.

But then when I asked for the 'free gown' as I am an early bird buyer, Elaine suddenly said that I have to bring my friend/sister for the fitting cos the dress is only to rent. This is where I got a shock cos that day I was given the impression that i was getting a free gown to take home. Anyways I asked her properly and she finally said ok you can take it back.

Overall I wasn't very happy today as I felt that they tried to cut corners with me and Elaine was not as helpful as she was in the first day when she was trying to close the sale. Either way i would still recommend mikasa cos their photographer is good, but just be careful when you bargain, make sure you check everything properly and get them to write it down clearly. else you might lose out on a few things.

Hi Rac,

May I know whether they return you the CDR with or w/o touch up? And also the DVD Slideshow, how many poses and song are there?

Hi angelanpg,

They'll return the CDR with touch-up. DVD only 30poses for 1 song. :)

pls ensure that they return you is with touch up!!!
yea i will definately look into this. how can you tell though whether got touch up or not? the pictures looked quite nice already when they showed to us.

About the free gown, they did write it down in the receipt agreement and I'm allowed to take tht extra gown on my AD. Did they write it down on your receipt? If yes, there's no way they can denied.

thing is i can't read chinese :P when i closed the deal in oct she said shes giving me a free gown and she wrote it down also. not rent but give (rental for AD wedding and evening gown are seperate) cos i am an early bird. she even mentioned that i can alter, shorten it so i can wear outside etc. if its just rental then i dont think can have so much alteration right? Anyways yesterday when i asked for it she made it sound like she was just going to rent it to my 'zhi mui' so i asked again then only she said "oh yea suppose to give you"

That just made me a bit uncomfortable and wondering where else they are trying to cut corners or where i might have missed some stuff.

for what i know, they do return CDR with touch up to some customers. but when i asked when signing up, they said no. so now that i found out tht they do actually return CDR with touch up, i will insist to have mine with touch up as well. btw, rac also said her CDR is with touch up.

of cos you can tell whether they touch up or not. zoom in and see.. u shouldnt see any obvious wrinkles, uneven skin tone, hair lines and etc if it's a touch up photos.

yes, all gowns MUST BE altered according to ur size. there's NO reason they refuse to alter UNLESS tht particular gown really cannot be alter cos i remember i tried 1 EG, and i asked them if can alter, they said tht gown cannot cos no extra cloth in there. so it's fine with me.

just tell them how unhappy u r and im sure they will do something for u.. :)

pls ensure that they return you is with touch up!!!
yea i will definately look into this. how can you tell though whether got touch up or not? the pictures looked quite nice already when they showed to us.

thing is i can't read chinese :P when i closed the deal in oct she said shes giving me a free gown and she wrote it down also. not rent but give (rental for AD wedding and evening gown are seperate) cos i am an early bird. she even mentioned that i can alter, shorten it so i can wear outside etc. if its just rental then i dont think can have so much alteration right? Anyways yesterday when i asked for it she made it sound like she was just going to rent it to my 'zhi mui' so i asked again then only she said "oh yea suppose to give you"

That just made me a bit uncomfortable and wondering where else they are trying to cut corners or where i might have missed some stuff.

Dear Mikasa BTB,

I finally finished my photo shooting. Generally, I'm quite satisfied with the entire PS process. The entire condition is pleasing. The weather is excellent to us. We have got alot of blue sky white cloud views. Though it was very sunny, it was not humid. We are very happy with it. Oh yea, regarding the free brides maid gown. I think for those who got it, should be nicer than the one I have. The one I got it is short one and in brown color. Quality wise is not that good lah. Anyway, it's free, i have nothing to complain. I can't wear it coz' of my body size, so I will give it to my sister. Well, they didn't put down the free brides maid gown in receipt but they just gave it to me after I made the 2nd payment.

The designer called me yesterday nite and asked me about my PS as he was not around on both day during my PS. Just really proves that they do concern about their customer and they always want feedback. Oh yea, they have new gowns coming in and I could see many nice and special gowns there. Unfortunately most of them I'm not fitted on it. Those are targetted for those slimmer one.

Hi gals..i juz went for my gown fitting session today..as i signed up during a bridal fair..i only judged them through their photos..which are really good..

however, my fitting session is done within an hour as there r not many gown which are suitable for me because i'm quite short..there r limited choices and most of the gowns fitted me loosely..

moreover..they said that their gown will not be altered for the photoshoot..they will juz clip the gown where appropriate...is this true? can anyone who has gone for the photoshoot tell me whether will it be obvious on the pic...sort of regretted d..

hi mshyapang, no alteration? That's not true. They did the alteration for me. I'm short and fat too. for length, I agree, non of the BS will cut short for you. They will let you stand on a tool so that u look taller. Even the indoor gown also they altered for me. Also are you sure you have limitted gown? I tried like 24 gowns together with evening gown for photo shooting. It took about 3 hours. Guess fat ppl like me will have limitted gown.

Just tell them frankly that you're not satisfied. Ask them to get more gowns for you to try. Since you're small and skinny, your choices should be more! Even if they clip, they'll just pin it at the back. Don't worry, while taking photos, you won't see the pin. If you're not comfortable with the pin, just tell them you prefer them to alter. Surely they'll allow one.

Talk to your SA again. Who's your SA?

Aloha to Mikasa Brides!

I'm done with my gown fitting this afternoon and I actually spent 4 hours trying out the gowns when I can only choose 3WG and 2EG! Can you imagine that? I just keep on changing non-stop until my body gets itchy. Haha! I enjoy the fitting process. Kelly was really helpful and Elaine input some comments as well. I tried for more than 20 gowns I guess? I did ask them why they didn't alter the gowns for some brides and even use a clip to tight it. According to Kok Mun and Elaine, it's not that they do it in purpose. Of cos, before your PS, they will take your vital statistic and that's the final measurement that they gonna base on to alter your gowns. You might put off some weight when it comes to your PS and of cos, they may not have time to alter it on the spot. Hence, they will use a small transparent clip to make the gown looks fit on you. Moreover, no one can see the clip also mar right or not? The difference of it wouldn't be too much. As I saw the clip just now, it's only a small one which probably get tighten say 1 inch only. If you don't want them to use a clip, it's either you let them to measure your body a week before your PS, or you don't put off weight. Haha! Well, actually what I'm trying to say is that, there's no dress that fits all type of bodies lor. Yes they can alter to your size but sometimes it might look loose somewhere. So, they'll just use a clip to clip the small little portion lor. I mean, you also don't want them to purposely alter that small part when you only gonna wear it for like less than 10 mins for the shooting right? If it's for your AD, then that's a different story loh. After the fitting sessions, I have a chat with Kok Mun and we sort of like re-negotiate on our package again and I'm very satisfied with the service and offer now. So far so good. Hope they gonna be as professional as they claimed to be until I make my final payment to them. Overall, I'm satisfied and happy! I guess I can have a peaceful sleep now.. :)

Oh oh, another thing about the CDR with touch up. Either they return you all w/o touch up or 20 poses (full page) with touch up. Why not the poses for design print? Their method is like this. Other BS will touch up 1 by 1 then only they do the design. In Mikasa it's difference case. They will do the design first them only touch up the full page. Hence, they are unable to return all photos after touch up for you.

Take my piece of advice, if you are upset and disappointed with their service, always voice it out cos they deserve to know and from there, they can only be able to help you and further improve. By keeping quiet and assuming that they will totally ignore your feelings and comment won't help at all.

"ASK AND YOU SHALL RECEIVED!"

Hi marryhim,

Sorry for the late reply. Had visited Mikasa,their service is quite ok lor.But now a bit difficult to negotiate coz I dun wan 2 big album but they said i need to pay with the same price (same package).And my big album size is 12"x16". My friend juz signed up with Mikasa, her package is cheaper than me and get lot of freebies. :(

Oh yea, Kim called me just now for photos selection appointment. I'm feeling nervous now. Afraid the photos won't turn out expected. Asked her if she saw the photos and she said yes and she said it's nice. If not nice, how to call me to see ler? But I asked her back, even if it's not nice, they still need to call me to select the photos rite? Hopefully I won't be dissapointed on this coming Saturday.

Oh yea, Kim called me just now for photos selection appointment. I'm feeling nervous now. Afraid the photos won't turn out expected. Asked her if she saw the photos and she said yes and she said it's nice. If not nice, how to call me to see ler? But I asked her back, even if it's not nice, they still need to call me to select the photos rite? Hopefully I won't be dissapointed on this coming Saturday.

Hey! Good luck!!

hi marryhim, no need to be so worry, photo will turn out nice....

btw, i just signing Mikasa today,hehehe...

hi mshyapang, no alteration? That's not true. They did the alteration for me. I'm short and fat too. for length, I agree, non of the BS will cut short for you. They will let you stand on a tool so that u look taller. Even the indoor gown also they altered for me. Also are you sure you have limitted gown? I tried like 24 gowns together with evening gown for photo shooting. It took about 3 hours. Guess fat ppl like me will have limitted gown.

Just tell them frankly that you're not satisfied. Ask them to get more gowns for you to try. Since you're small and skinny, your choices should be more! Even if they clip, they'll just pin it at the back. Don't worry, while taking photos, you won't see the pin. If you're not comfortable with the pin, just tell them you prefer them to alter. Surely they'll allow one.

Talk to your SA again. Who's your SA?

Hi..nice to get a reply from u..My SA is elaine n kelly..i'm not complaining about their service but when i asked to try for more gowns..they will say that it wouldn't look nice on me..either because i'm too short or not well endowed enough to carry the gown..i tried ignoring their advice and carry on with my choice..apparently wat they say is true as i looked as if i drowned in the gown..they say some of the gowns cannot be altered coz the 'shape' of the gown will be lost then...anyway my AD is in the middle of next year..do u think it's reasonable to ask them to alter the gown for me juz for the photoshoot? i think i'll try to talk to them again..hopefully they'll agree to wat i want..

Hi mshyapang,

In fact, they're the best ppl to tell you which gown suite you. It's not that they're lazy or don't want you to look good. They always want their brides to look the best. So, the trust needs to be there when come to gowns fitting. But if you don't believe, you can always go ahead with the trial. If you insist that it looks good on you, I don't think they'll stop you. Hehehe...

On the gown alteration, In fact it's depending on what you need to alter. For my case, I'm fat. :P So, if the gowns have enough allowance in the gown, then they can alter for me. This will not destroy their gowns. For the length, don't think any BS will alter. You can stand on the stools during the PS.

Try to talk to Elaine or Kelly again. I'm sure they'll help you. Elaine is a very nice lady. She'll surely accomodate you and make you to have the best look. Trust me!

my package is RM4288 becoz my big photo is bigger size, which is 30x60.

the rest of the thing is roughly same as RM3988 package, just a bit minor thing had been change.

my SA is kelly and elaine as well....

Hi kiss me, welcome to the Mikasa club. How's your package like?

Tomorow is my photos selection day. Very pressure. Reason is I've seen too many photos. So the more I see, the more expectation I have. Afraid there's no 'WOW' feeling, but just the 'OK lor' feeling. My FH will most likely said, 'still ok lah, not bad right?' To him, as long as there's a big portrait in the room it'll be good enough, he's not a photo person. <_<

MarryHim,

Be relax and have a good rest tonight, you gonna enjoy you photo selection tomorrow, smile ^^

Tomorow is my photos selection day. Very pressure. Reason is I've seen too many photos. So the more I see, the more expectation I have. Afraid there's no 'WOW' feeling, but just the 'OK lor' feeling. My FH will most likely said, 'still ok lah, not bad right?' To him, as long as there's a big portrait in the room it'll be good enough, he's not a photo person. <_<