ngcandy35

Houses around Puchong/Kinrara

Me and hb are looking for a new house and really keen to get it settled before the wedding - October 2008. Hb lives in Serdang currently with his parent and he is quite keen to get somewhere around Serdang or not too far from Serdang. We went for a new house launching session at Serdang and we both really like the concept and the specification of the house is also very good which means that don't have to do much renovation. Unfortunately the completion date is September 2009.....sad..

We found quite a few new developments around Puchong which offer a good and affordable price (rm250k - rm350k). But I am getting a bit worry about the security around that area because puchong is getting more and more crowded. I am not in Malaysia currently, so I am only gather my infromation from internet. Please share your comments/advises if you know anything about this area..Thanks........

I assume u r talking abt landed property. Puchong is over crowded? Well, Serdang is also getting more and more crowded.

There's a project in Puchong. At Puchong Prima. Developer Mitrajaya Homes. It's called Desa impiana. They have this very very nice duplex house.

Maybe u can go to their website and have a look. http://www.mitrajayahomes.com/spotlight_lr.htm

The hse is ready with CF. Hope this info helps you. happy searching!

Hi s_y

Thanks for your info.

It looks really nice and comfortable but I prefer landed property. Any how I will consider this sort of property if I still can't find a suitable landed property by Feb 08.

I totally agree with you, Serdang is really crowded but mostly chinese and hb has lots of heng dais/friends live around this so called "kampung" place.

I assume u r talking abt landed property. Puchong is over crowded? Well, Serdang is also getting more and more crowded.

There's a project in Puchong. At Puchong Prima. Developer Mitrajaya Homes. It's called Desa impiana. They have this very very nice duplex house.

Maybe u can go to their website and have a look. http://www.mitrajayahomes.com/spotlight_lr.htm

The hse is ready with CF. Hope this info helps you. happy searching!

Actually serdang lso got some secondary market. A lot of new hses. Just hand over abt 1/2 yr ago. Esp at Bkt Serdang area. Go have a look. If u r looking for new hses that is newly launch, u must be prepare to wait for at least 2 yrs for landed property.

The one we both like is at bukit serdang as well (phase 2), the developer is bukit ciri. Phase 1 is nearly done, so we are waiting and try our luck - maybe somebody want to sell off their property. Been to a few while I am in malaysia during June, but dont really like those. Headache...

Where do you live? You sound like quite familiar with serdang?

Actually serdang lso got some secondary market. A lot of new hses. Just hand over abt 1/2 yr ago. Esp at Bkt Serdang area. Go have a look. If u r looking for new hses that is newly launch, u must be prepare to wait for at least 2 yrs for landed property.

The one we both like is at bukit serdang as well (phase 2), the developer is bukit ciri. Phase 1 is nearly done, so we are waiting and try our luck - maybe somebody want to sell off their property. Been to a few while I am in malaysia during June, but dont really like those. Headache...

I lived in Serdang for 20 yrs. And will be movind to puchong after my new hse complete nest month. :)

So if u ask me abt serdang, I can asnwer u lor.

Ooh hahah.....luckily i didnt said bad comments about serdang. My hb also lives in serdang for more than 20 years and he keep saying that Serdang is so convenient..

I lived in Serdang for 20 yrs. And will be movind to puchong after my new hse complete nest month. :)

Well, individual preference lor. I personally feel serdang is convenient also but my hb like puchong. Since Puchong to Serdang not very faraway ok lor. :)

And Serdang hse now also not cheap.

One thing I dun like abt Serdang is the jam at the main road.

But everywhere is jam.

So good luck in yr hse searching.

Me and hb are looking for a new house and really keen to get it settled before the wedding - October 2008. Hb lives in Serdang currently with his parent and he is quite keen to get somewhere around Serdang or not too far from Serdang. We went for a new house launching session at Serdang and we both really like the concept and the specification of the house is also very good which means that don't have to do much renovation. Unfortunately the completion date is September 2009.....sad..

We found quite a few new developments around Puchong which offer a good and affordable price (rm250k - rm350k). But I am getting a bit worry about the security around that area because puchong is getting more and more crowded. I am not in Malaysia currently, so I am only gather my infromation from internet. Please share your comments/advises if you know anything about this area..Thanks........

Hi ngcandy35,

May be you can take a look at http://www.plenitude.com.my/sepang_permai/sepang_cur.htm#

If you don't mind the location is a bit far from IOI mall.

where in Puchong that you new hse is located? I am looking for a new unit in Puchong, preferably landed property which is less than RM320,000. Any good advice?

My new hse? It's a condominium. At Puchong Prima. Developer Primaharta.

Erm..RM 320k landed hse. U r looking for brand new one or secondary market one?

I know Primaharta is going to launch a new double storey link hse at Puchong Prima. Maybe u can go to thier office and enquire. Coz I heard they have those leaflet printed out dy.

Happy searching!

I sometimes read this blog called Property Malaysia Blog for reviews of new property launches in the Klang Valley.

My family and my hb's family have stayed in Puchong for more than 15 years in the Kinrara area. No doubt, the area has expanded rapidly in the last 5 years. When I went back on my last visit in October I was really surprised to see that Bandar Puteri especially is so developed that one doesn't have to leave the neighbourhood unless you wanted to do some serious shopping. Also, there are so many new housing developments that have come up further into the old Puchong Road. My hb and I also bought a landed property in Bandar Bukit Puchong 2, should be completed by mid-2008. Security-wise, lots of neighbourhoods now hire their own security guards. In addition, there are more gated communities now. My parents recently moved into Puchong Utama... it's quite a new area as well, as there are still some unoccupied units available. I think a buyer really has a lot of choice in terms of property and price in Puchong. I'm not so familiar with Serdang though.

Good luck with your house search!

I sometimes read this blog called Property Malaysia Blog for reviews of new property launches in the Klang Valley.

My family and my hb's family have stayed in Puchong for more than 15 years in the Kinrara area. No doubt, the area has expanded rapidly in the last 5 years. When I went back on my last visit in October I was really surprised to see that Bandar Puteri especially is so developed that one doesn't have to leave the neighbourhood unless you wanted to do some serious shopping. Also, there are so many new housing developments that have come up further into the old Puchong Road. My hb and I also bought a landed property in Bandar Bukit Puchong 2, should be completed by mid-2008. Security-wise, lots of neighbourhoods now hire their own security guards. In addition, there are more gated communities now. My parents recently moved into Puchong Utama... it's quite a new area as well, as there are still some unoccupied units available. I think a buyer really has a lot of choice in terms of property and price in Puchong. I'm not so familiar with Serdang though.

Good luck with your house search!

Hi Tamara,

Do you think puchong is a good place to buy a property for investment purposes? I am about to purchase a double storey link house in ss1, bc it is close to my bf's hse and my parents.I like pj area but the hse is not new.Can hardly find a new hse in pj anyways and it is not cheap either.But my parents think i can rent it out easily, i might renovate the entire hse if i planned to move back to msia someday but for now i just want to rent it out.I was looking at puchong property, the price is so affordable compare to houses in pj area but i am not familiar with puchong at all......infact i've never been to puchong my entire life!It would be great if u can share some info,thanks.

Hi Chihuahua,

This is just my opinion. If you are just planning to buy a house for rental, then I think it's easier to rent out in a developed area like PJ because of the existence of the public transportation network like buses and LRT, not to mention all the shops and conveniences. The downside is that buying in PJ is definitely more expensive per square foot if you were to compare with the built-up area of a house in a location like Puchong. Houses in Puchong are still cheap compared to PJ no doubt, but keep in mind that the price of new houses are always increasing. There will be demand for property in Puchong, especially for those by established developers. With so many new developments coming up, ppl will always tend to buy from the developer instead of buying second hand, unless it's in a desirable location like Bdr Puteri or Bdr Kinrara. For rental property in Puchong, I figure it's easier if you get an apartment. Initially we were faced with the same dilemma as you, as we wanted to buy a property as a rental investment. Other than PJ, we also looked at USJ. However, in the end, my hb and me, wanted a place to call our own so that's why we bought in Puchong. Furthermore, it's quite close to our families as well... That's always going to factor in our decision. More and more people seem to be moving into Puchong as the price of houses in PJ seem to be out of reach of many ppl. It's not a bad place to live. Traffic jams used to be legendary, but now with so many new highways around, driving to Bangsar, Cheras, Bukit Jalil, Shah Alam, Klang, KLIA or KL city center is quite smooth (depending on the hour of the day). Of course the morning crawls from Puchong to PJ via the Sunway toll is always going to be serious problem - many ppl leave very early to avoid the jam. Since they widened the Puchong road and Old Klang Road, I felt that traffic has been a lot of smoother, this was my impression when I was back for one month. On the other hand, the traffic in KL around Jalan Sultan Ismail, Jln Bkt Bintang, Jln Imbi really drove me up the wall!

If you buy a house in SS1 and rent it out, your parents can help you keep an eye on it. Guess there's no easy solution to your question, just go with what feels right to you. Anyway, hope my long rambling helped you even a little.

Hi Tamara,

Do you think puchong is a good place to buy a property for investment purposes? I am about to purchase a double storey link house in ss1, bc it is close to my bf's hse and my parents.I like pj area but the hse is not new.Can hardly find a new hse in pj anyways and it is not cheap either.But my parents think i can rent it out easily, i might renovate the entire hse if i planned to move back to msia someday but for now i just want to rent it out.I was looking at puchong property, the price is so affordable compare to houses in pj area but i am not familiar with puchong at all......infact i've never been to puchong my entire life!It would be great if u can share some info,thanks.

Tamara,

Thanks for sharing your view.Do you mind if I asked if your house is freehold or leasehold? I like the houses in Bandar utama but they are quite pricy, like 600k and up for a second hand property.Initially, I really want to buy the new luxury condominium that's building in ss2, Ameera...and best of it, the condo is freehold in pj area.My parents were against it so I gave up on the idea.The house that I am planning to buy are quite big, old houses are always bigger as compare to new house and is a corner lot.I told my boyfriend about the houses in puchong but he dosen't seem to be interested.He has a shop in sunwaymas commercial area, so he prefer to live nearby.I might just drive down to puchong ans check it out and see what my parents say.All property prices in kl-pj area is going to go up, that's for sure.Pj area is over price, even houses in ss2 cost half a million.You're in boston now, so how did you qualified for a mortgage loan in msia.My friends told me is hard to get a loan approved unless you're working in msia.Mind to share?

Chihuahua, we bought a freehold landed property... somehow freehold always seemed more attractive to us compared to leasehold. There are many areas in PJ especially Old Town area that are leasehold and I hear that the lease is going to end in a few more years. I have a friend who bought an old house in SS3, they then renovated it. The cost of renovations alone was 50% of the cost of the house. So they said they will have to stay in that house for at least 10 years to make it worth all the effort :) I also liked Bdr Utama initially but the incredibly high house prices put me off... Hey, the Ameera photos of their show unit looks very nice. Do you mind sharing why your parents are against you buying it?

All we need for the mortgage approval is to show our salary slips, bank statements, letter from our jobs, etc... the usual things. The banks did not mention about having to work in M'sia in order to qualify. It was quite a hassle though to go through the whole financing process as it involved a lot of Fedex-ing of documents... quite costly once you add it all up. We dealt with the mortgage officers through phone calls and emails. We dealt with Citibank, HSBC and Alliance Bank.... all the officers were willing to correspond through email or by phone as we were not in M'sia. Maybe you can give them a try too and see which package works out best for you. Of course check out all the available mortgages out there too :)

Tamara,

Thanks for sharing your view.Do you mind if I asked if your house is freehold or leasehold? I like the houses in Bandar utama but they are quite pricy, like 600k and up for a second hand property.Initially, I really want to buy the new luxury condominium that's building in ss2, Ameera...and best of it, the condo is freehold in pj area.My parents were against it so I gave up on the idea.The house that I am planning to buy are quite big, old houses are always bigger as compare to new house and is a corner lot.I told my boyfriend about the houses in puchong but he dosen't seem to be interested.He has a shop in sunwaymas commercial area, so he prefer to live nearby.I might just drive down to puchong ans check it out and see what my parents say.All property prices in kl-pj area is going to go up, that's for sure.Pj area is over price, even houses in ss2 cost half a million.You're in boston now, so how did you qualified for a mortgage loan in msia.My friends told me is hard to get a loan approved unless you're working in msia.Mind to share?

Hi tamara,

My parents are traditional.They say if I live in a condo, i would have to pay maintanence fee every mth, they say it adds up.And ofcourse for 400k I can get myself a nice landed...their thoughts. I really like high-rise,my bf doesn't mind either.Is just the lifestyle is different, he went to the show unit, he love it.But only problem is they only provide one parking space.We looked at the 1400 sq ft showroom.Me and my bf won't be getting a loan, I am just curious as how did you pre-qualified for a loan from here.Many of my friends think it is impossible, well i guess msia has open up a lot.I don't mind staying in the house in ss1, might get some renovation done.The house is actually in good condition, the owner got rid of the balcony and extended the master bed room.I just want to update the house with spot light and kitchen cabinet, not to mention the toilet need to be done too. ;) .The house is freehold too.The are asking for 550k, I am sure the value will appreciates further.Congrats! You just got married, must be nice and hectic at the same time planning your wedding frm here.

My colleague stays in Kinrara. One day, he went home in the afternoon to catch some sleep as he will be working night shift. He reached home and took a shower. After shower, his neighbour knocked at his door and said he saw a thief at the roof. Guess what? The thief removed some tiles from the roof in order to get into the house. The neighbour saw and made some noise which scared the thief. All these in broad day light and in the duration that it takes to take a shower

My colleague stays in Kinrara. One day, he went home in the afternoon to catch some sleep as he will be working night shift. He reached home and took a shower. After shower, his neighbour knocked at his door and said he saw a thief at the roof. Guess what? The thief removed some tiles from the roof in order to get into the house. The neighbour saw and made some noise which scared the thief. All these in broad day light and in the duration that it takes to take a shower

This things happened everywhere. Even my fren had the same experience in Subang.

Fluene,

Is that easy for the thief to remove tiles off the rooftop?A bit scary, rite.Where do you stay, fluene?

Fluene,

Is that easy for the thief to remove tiles off the rooftop?A bit scary, rite.Where do you stay, fluene?

Yes, thief normally remove tiles on roof top to gain accees in the hse. My fren experience this when she is abt to take bath. Scared her to death.

Fluene,

Yes, thief normally remove tiles on roof top to gain accees in the hse. My fren experience this when she is abt to take bath. Scared her to death.

Gosh,I would be too!

chihuahua, I am staying in Cheras. Security in Cheras is definitely very bad. I feel afraid just walking from my car (I park outside the house) to the gate of my house. In these 2 years I stay in there, from my bedroom, I have heard no less than 4 ladies screaming due to bag snatchers.

Before married, I stayed in a Condo in PJ. Security was very good there. I felt very safe even if I come home late at night. Cheras? definite no no

chihuahua, I am staying in Cheras. Security in Cheras is definitely very bad. I feel afraid just walking from my car (I park outside the house) to the gate of my house. In these 2 years I stay in there, from my bedroom, I have heard no less than 4 ladies screaming due to bag snatchers.

Before married, I stayed in a Condo in PJ. Security was very good there. I felt very safe even if I come home late at night. Cheras? definite no no

I feel scared too when i return to msia.I am worried about snatch thief and rapist.Cheras that bad huh? I had a very bad encounter last yr during my trip home.Some stranger who saw me while i stopped my car in a red light follow me home,luckily i parked my car at someone's house instead of my parent's and i went and hide behind some car.Oh well, that guy actually came down frm his car and see which house i was staying in.Scary huh. Thank god he left after that.