jasminewong_21

Recommendation for Bridal Boutique in Negeri Sembilan

Hi all, I am May.

I would like to consult you all about selecting a bridal shop in Seremban, as I am not so sure about the quality of their photoshooting. Have done some survey to Holywood, Xin Niang Zhi Jia and Forever. Didn't go to WISH as my husband's cousin went there, and I have seen their photos were just ordinary.

For me, a good photographer who know how to emphasize the details in photoshooting is important. I don't like all those 'added effect' (i.e. moon, flower, waterfall etc).

Anyone got suggestion? Thanks ya! :)

Hi there moyyub...

Actually looking at ur requirement emphasizing on photography skills...I would really recommend James from Hollywood. He is really professional & has very very high expectations on his work. He has an eye for attention to details and even the slightest bit of imperfection, he wouldn't accept. He must wait till u have the correct pose, the correct 'feel' that he is trying to capture, facial expressions, eye focus, no tensed muscle, everything must be naturally beautiful before he snaps the photo. He might sometimes seem impatient to his staff & eager to capture something without wasting time..but then overall, he is OK to his clients. After all...WE PAY the $ rite...hehe

The photoshoot with him is damn exhausting. But hopefully, the results will prove its worth. He showed us some of the pics he took in between on his camera. & even without touch up, it looks good...I'll be going over to select the pics that we took 2 weeks ago & with fingers crossed...let's hope everything will be perfect :cheers: Will comment more when I see the actual results. So, u may consider him.

Hey smallfish0309,

Thanks for ur detailed descriptions, I really appreciate alot.. I actually could feel that, comparing the bridal shops I visited, I have better feelings with Holywood.. yet, still needed someone to tell me more about the 'actual' situations.. considering of what u mentioned, I might give a twice thought of choosing this shop. James.. I will try to ask the staffs to show me his work then..

I am looking forward to seeing your photos.. my wedding is coming (the end of the year), yet, my husband and I have not even done anything.. me too in the finger crossed situation..ha! :rolleyes:

Oh ya, mind to share the package you took? thanks ya! :wub:

Hi there...your big day is end of the year? Mine too..28th Nov for me..you'd better hurry up..coz there's actually not much time left till end of the year le...& there are many many things to plan & do...photoshoot..OF COZ is one of the MAIN highlight & focus...so better decide quick! Hehe..

Actually I think my pkg is quite old liao..coz I actually signed up for it at the end of 2007..I'm not from seremban, but was at a colleague's wedding in seremban & this colleague of mine took their pkg & i fell in love with one of its theme. So, after my fren's wedding, we just so happened to bump into Hollywood having a roadshow at S2 Jusco. So everything was like fated..my bf paid for the deposit rite away & we finally took the pics after 1 1/2 yrs. Haha...

My FH keeps the receipts so I duno where to dig for it now..haha...I can only remember, my pkg is RM3,688 & my PS includes:

Indoor - 3 themes, 2 wedding gowns, 2 evening gowns

Outdoor - at Putrajaya with 1 wedding gown & 1 evening gown

AD - 1 evening gown, 1 wedding gown (both Super VIP), suit for groom,

Photo albums (can't remember exactly how many poses, should be 40++), MV, slideshows with 2 songs, 'jie mei' pics - 100 copies, 2 photo frames (diff sizes)

If u take PS for indoor & outdoor, they will normally use 2 days..1 day indoor, 2nd day outdoor..their outdoor PS location includes Putrajaya & Port Dickson or u can ask if u have any special places nearby in mind that u wanna go. See if that could be arranged. Both days, lunch will be provided by them.

If u r really going to take their pkg, strongly recommend u to request James as photographer & his wife Jess as make up artist. They are the BEST!! Pls be reminded that Wed is their off day. So dun go on Wed..it happened to me once..we drove all the way there...& found that they are closed on Wed...hahaha... :tongue: Good luck! Keep me updated on ur progress yeah..

Hi all, I am May.

I would like to consult you all about selecting a bridal shop in Seremban, as I am not so sure about the quality of their photoshooting. Have done some survey to Holywood, Xin Niang Zhi Jia and Forever. Didn't go to WISH as my husband's cousin went there, and I have seen their photos were just ordinary.

For me, a good photographer who know how to emphasize the details in photoshooting is important. I don't like all those 'added effect' (i.e. moon, flower, waterfall etc).

Hi there moyyub...

Actually looking at ur requirement emphasizing on photography skills...I would really recommend James from Hollywood. He is really professional & has very very high expectations on his work. He has an eye for attention to details and even the slightest bit of imperfection, he wouldn't accept. He must wait till u have the correct pose, the correct 'feel' that he is trying to capture, facial expressions, eye focus, no tensed muscle, everything must be naturally beautiful before he snaps the photo. He might sometimes seem impatient to his staff & eager to capture something without wasting time..but then overall, he is OK to his clients. After all...WE PAY the $ rite...hehe

The photoshoot with him is damn exhausting. But hopefully, the results will prove its worth. He showed us some of the pics he took in between on his camera. & even without touch up, it looks good...I'll be going over to select the pics that we took 2 weeks ago & with fingers crossed...let's hope everything will be perfect :cheers: Will comment more when I see the actual results. So, u may consider him.

Hey smallfish0309,

Thanks for ur detailed descriptions, I really appreciate alot.. I actually could feel that, comparing the bridal shops I visited, I have better feelings with Holywood.. yet, still needed someone to tell me more about the 'actual' situations.. considering of what u mentioned, I might give a twice thought of choosing this shop. James.. I will try to ask the staffs to show me his work then..

I am looking forward to seeing your photos.. my wedding is coming (the end of the year), yet, my husband and I have not even done anything.. me too in the finger crossed situation..ha! :rolleyes:

Hi there...your big day is end of the year? Mine too..28th Nov for me..you'd better hurry up..coz there's actually not much time left till end of the year le...& there are many many things to plan & do...photoshoot..OF COZ is one of the MAIN highlight & focus...so better decide quick! Hehe..

Actually I think my pkg is quite old liao..coz I actually signed up for it at the end of 2007..I'm not from seremban, but was at a colleague's wedding in seremban & this colleague of mine took their pkg & i fell in love with one of its theme. So, after my fren's wedding, we just so happened to bump into Hollywood having a roadshow at S2 Jusco. So everything was like fated..my bf paid for the deposit rite away & we finally took the pics after 1 1/2 yrs. Haha...

My FH keeps the receipts so I duno where to dig for it now..haha...I can only remember, my pkg is RM3,688 & my PS includes:

Photo albums (can't remember exactly how many poses, should be 40++), MV, slideshows with 2 songs, 'jie mei' pics - 100 copies, 2 photo frames (diff sizes)

If u take PS for indoor & outdoor, they will normally use 2 days..1 day indoor, 2nd day outdoor..their outdoor PS location includes Putrajaya & Port Dickson or u can ask if u have any special places nearby in mind that u wanna go. See if that could be arranged. Both days, lunch will be provided by them.

If u r really going to take their pkg, strongly recommend u to request James as photographer & his wife Jess as make up artist. They are the BEST!! Pls be reminded that Wed is their off day. So dun go on Wed..it happened to me once..we drove all the way there...& found that they are closed on Wed...hahaha... :tongue: Good luck! Keep me updated on ur progress yeah..

Mine is on Boxing day, 26th December. I am not from Seremban too, but a girl from historical town. Hm, it seemed that u and ur bf have already planned ur wedding much earlier liao huh? Good on you. Well, as for me, I think I would only choose outdoor shooting with some gowns.. don't quite like to change clothes and make up.. can't stand 'thick' make up long :rolleyes: and also don't want to take the traditional costumes. I wonder if I am not taking the 'sisters' photos', can it be exchanged to other things? Nowadays, even myself, felt don't know how to keep other's wedding photos and feel paiseh to throw also.. hehe..

I may opt for some places at Melaka, places that are memoriable for both of us. Do u think they charge higher for Melaka shooting? and of course, James and Jess would be in my mind, if I chosen this BS. :blush:

Hi gals....

Im from Seremban.I was thinking of renting an EG for my mom during my wedding day/dinner.

Wonder do u all know d price of renting an EG from BS in Seremban. :happy:

Thanks

Hi all, I am May.

Hi there moyyub...

Hey smallfish0309,

Mine is on Boxing day, 26th December. I am not from Seremban too, but a girl from historical town. Hm, it seemed that u and ur bf have already planned ur wedding much earlier liao huh? Good on you. Well, as for me, I think I would only choose outdoor shooting with some gowns.. don't quite like to change clothes and make up.. can't stand 'thick' make up long :rolleyes: and also don't want to take the traditional costumes. I wonder if I am not taking the 'sisters' photos', can it be exchanged to other things? Nowadays, even myself, felt don't know how to keep other's wedding photos and feel paiseh to throw also.. hehe..

I may opt for some places at Melaka, places that are memoriable for both of us. Do u think they charge higher for Melaka shooting? and of course, James and Jess would be in my mind, if I chosen this BS. :blush:

Hmmm....I think they previously mentioned to me b4..asking if im interested to take outdoor at melaka. I think they charge around RM200-300 for that. Actually their make up not that thick & quite natural. They dun do thick thick make up & make u look like a complete different person or chinese opera singer...haha..I think they emphasize more on the eye area loh. To make the eyes more 'sharp & lively" when taking pics. Or maybe at least for my case la...coz my eyes are not my best assets. Need to spend more time & effort on them..Hehe

U dun wan take traditional costumes ah?? Hahaha...at first I tot I'll look silly in it...but then after put on...my hubby & me enjoyed it very much...It was lots of fun doing it...

My hubby said i look the prettiest & cutest in traditional costume...hahaha...maybe u should try it...at least u try on something different...something that u won't have the chance to do in ur daily life ma..

Their ANGEL theme is very nice & sweet...but very very exhausting & tired doing the photoshoot. Coz the wings very heavy & when sitting on the swing..very takut will fall down... :biggrin: kekeke

Ok la...i let u make ur own decision la...I think I talk alot liao...do let me know what they offer u la..then we can compare whether it's worth it or not...oh yes...if u go hollywood again...find a salesgirl called Vivian...she is new & quite nice...some of the other "senior" girls not tat friendly...tc ya..& happy planning

Being a photographer myself, I also recommend James (the photog) from Hollywood. He is almost a perfectionist. My pre-wedding photos were taken by him.

trust me...now in seremban....hollywood not the best anymore!

hi there...din mean to say that Hollywood is the best in Seremban...just that very satisfied with their photographer aka boss, James. They are not perfect, actually when comes to gown selection, most of the gowns are quite old, worn out & some really sort of makes u 'no appetite' wanna try on...but the photographer skills really good & pro...

All dear, i'm frm s'ban. I prefer to recommend 'HOLLYWOOD BRIDAL' in s'ban. I juz finish the photoshooting and my photographer is JAMES. He is truly the professional and have 20 years above experienced.(Jacky not bad, coz he also one's of senior, have 20 years abv too!) Actually James is very take care of customer, only he want to get the perfect effect, so he was have to seriouly a bit. Sometime he also hav to say praised to you and feel relax. At last the result was come out for suprise and beautiful, it really spend for value of money. Now the gown not too old aredy, there use VIP gown for photoshooting.

HI

WCR bridal shop is one of the best shop in Seremban...Once try here ...

All the best ...

silk orchid plant

I still not feel it WISH is the best, maybe it is latest shop to open, many consumer was think the gown is new, so i also have consider it b4, coz i hav some friend taking WISH, but after i take a look form wedding album of them, there photo background all same, it feel very ordinary. My friend bring me walk-in to do the survey too...then i know why the reason 'WISH' attraction...because there have extra rm1000 to let you up-grade the product...but the new gown and photoshooting feel simple. It juz depend of consumer selection.

Hello, there was this Lily House in Lukut once and some of my friends told me that they have shifted to Seremban. I tried looking but couldn't find it. Does anyone knows if Lily House is in Seremban?