dslite

Wedding Dinner Venues @ Johor

I am having my AD next year... prefer hall will no pillar... now considering Tai Zi Lou, Ponderosa, Grand Strait View and Sutera Pekin.... Any comment for their food, Service and ambience?? Thanks!! :D

Hi all... Nice to see many of you are getting married. Just a warning or caution to all of you.. DONT GO TO HYATT JOHOR BAHRU for your wedding dinner. Their service is VERY BAD. WE requested for proposal but only received it after 3weeks later with many mistakes to the actual date, venue, #of pax & menu. Not to mention bloody expensive. The Catering Manager name Lynn is totally not up to standard. Heard she was just a waitress and was promoted up to manager due to long service.

My suggestion for the best venue is surely Pulai Spring. Good service, nice venue and excellent food.

So good luck to all of you....

Many many good comments on Pulai Spring, must go there to have a look. Any one can share the experience of wedding dinner in Pulai Sping.

What is the driving time from JB town to Pulai Sping ?

Any other suggestion of venue in JB?

hi beep,

my dinner in Pulai Spring too, end of this year.. they hv nice bqt hall.. driving time from jb town is a little far, abt 20-30 mins..

hi beep,

my dinner in Pulai Spring too, end of this year.. they hv nice bqt hall.. driving time from jb town is a little far, abt 20-30 mins..

Hi! windsor,

Congratulation! When did you book Pulai Spring ? My big day will in July or Aug , 2009 . When should I start for booking the venue?

I have read the web-page of Pulai Spring, there are few options for the venue (different suite) and wedding menu (Chinese / western). Which one did you choose?

20-30 Driving time is OK wor. I think I better to go there later. Sounds very good.

Thanks.

beep

Hello beep,

Thanks! i booked end last year, which is abt 1 year ahead.

I am getting chinese set menu, for 40-45 tables. I took Dewan Kencanapuri, a marquee hall overlooking golf course.

You can contact Sabrina in Pulai Spring for appointment to show you around, she is very helpful.

All the best!

Hi! windsor,

I found that it showed the price of the chinese set menu RM is 788++ in their web-page, is it the lowest price? Are there any other choices for the chinese set menu?

You get 40-45 tables, so large. I think I will take about 20 tables. any hall recommend for me?

Sabrina is chinese? Can she speak Mandarin? How many time (s) did you go to Pulai Spring before you confirm the venue?

Before you confirm Pulai Spring, did you go to see the other venue?

Sorry , too many questions.

Thanks .

beep

Hi all,

I will held my wedding lunch at Rest. Pekin located at Sutera Utama (next to TUTA). The foods over there are delicious and services was good (getting good comments from all my friends in JB). I did tried the foods and checked out the price for wedding package, the range is from RM 6++ to RM 8++/9++ and i think its quite reasonable. For anyone who interested, the details as follow:-

Rest Pekin, Sutera Utama, Johor Bahru

Tel No.: 607-557 3899, 607-556 1768 ,558 1818

NO.1, JALAN SUTERA TANJUNG 8/4, SUTERA UTAMABIZ CENTRE, TAMAN SUTERA UTAMA,81300 Johor Bahru.

Or else can try another rest which next to Danga Bay there but I forgot the name.. My friend juz had his wedding over there, nice foods, good services and reasonable price also.. maybe can give a try there.. I will find out more details fm my friend..

Hi! windsor,

I found that it showed the price of the chinese set menu RM is 788++ in their web-page, is it the lowest price? Are there any other choices for the chinese set menu?

You get 40-45 tables, so large. I think I will take about 20 tables. any hall recommend for me?

Sabrina is chinese? Can she speak Mandarin? How many time (s) did you go to Pulai Spring before you confirm the venue?

Thanks .

beep

Hi beep,

Yes Sabrina is a chinese, i remember hearing her speaking mandarin to others. For 20 tables i Dewan Inderaputra is just nice, the hall is right opposite pool, nice too. The menu price starts lower then what you see in the web, but mine is 2007 price, not sure if they hv increase it. You can ask Sabrina to email or fax the latest menu to you.

I went once to see the accomodation and the resort, thereafter i emailed Sabrina for photos, menu etc, thats where i confirm the bookings.

Hi all,

I will held my wedding lunch at Rest. Pekin located at Sutera Utama (next to TUTA). The foods over there are delicious and services was good (getting good comments from all my friends in JB). I did tried the foods and checked out the price for wedding package, the range is from RM 6++ to RM 8++/9++ and i think its quite reasonable. For anyone who interested, the details as follow:-

Rest Pekin, Sutera Utama, Johor Bahru

Tel No.: 607-557 3899, 607-556 1768 ,558 1818

NO.1, JALAN SUTERA TANJUNG 8/4, SUTERA UTAMABIZ CENTRE, TAMAN SUTERA UTAMA,81300 Johor Bahru.

Or else can try another rest which next to Danga Bay there but I forgot the name.. My friend juz had his wedding over there, nice foods, good services and reasonable price also.. maybe can give a try there.. I will find out more details fm my friend..

The restaurant next to Danga Bay is Grade Straits Gardren.

the web-site is http://www.grandstraitsgarden.com/cn/main.html

Hi! windsor,

Thanks .

beep

Hi beep,

Yes Sabrina is a chinese, i remember hearing her speaking mandarin to others. For 20 tables i Dewan Inderaputra is just nice, the hall is right opposite pool, nice too. The menu price starts lower then what you see in the web, but mine is 2007 price, not sure if they hv increase it. You can ask Sabrina to email or fax the latest menu to you.

I went once to see the accomodation and the resort, thereafter i emailed Sabrina for photos, menu etc, thats where i confirm the bookings.

Hi! windsor,

Thank you so much!

I will arrange time to visit the venue one by one.

Both Pekin , Grade Straiits Garden and Pulai Springs with a good comments.

Any one have visited all the above venue before, or any other suggestion?

Hi! windsor,

Thanks .

beep

Hi beep,

Hi! windsor,

Thank you so much!

I have visited Pekin and Grand Straits Garden restauraunt. For Grand straits Garden, they have 5 halls. 3 for 30 tables and below, 1 for 30 -40 tables and a big one for 40 to 60 tables. The hall are nicely decorated, look quite grand. One thing i dun like is the entrance. Only if you got the biggest hall, use the main entrance. The three small hall at upstair of the restauraunt. and the 30-40 tables hall use a side entrance right beside the main entrance... i dun quite like it..

For the Sutera Pekin, they have 3 halls , one for only halal food, one cater max 68 tables, one hall minimum required to have 38 tables. if your guests are around 25 to 35 tables, they will let you use their restauraunt dining area. Their hall are very nice and new. All the entrance are main entrance, i think is better than grand straits garden. I am just afraid my guest from singapore have the difficulties to locate the place.

Hi! windsor,

Thanks .

beep

Hi beep,

Hi! windsor,

Thank you so much!

I have visited Pekin and Grand Straits Garden restauraunt. For Grand straits Garden, they have 5 halls. 3 for 30 tables and below, 1 for 30 -40 tables and a big one for 40 to 60 tables. The hall are nicely decorated, look quite grand. One thing i dun like is the entrance. Only if you got the biggest hall, use the main entrance. The three small hall at upstair of the restauraunt. and the 30-40 tables hall use a side entrance right beside the main entrance... i dun quite like it..

For the Sutera Pekin, they have 3 halls , one for only halal food, one cater max 68 tables, one hall minimum required to have 38 tables. if your guests are around 25 to 35 tables, they will let you use their restauraunt dining area. Their hall are very nice and new. All the entrance are main entrance, i think is better than grand straits garden. I am just afraid my guest from singapore have the difficulties to locate the place.

Hi! princessbride,

I think I wll get about 20 tables. Which one you think it will be better?

Since I am not living in JB, so I need to arrange time to visit Pekin, Grand Straits Graden and Pulai Spring. I am not familiar with JB. So, don't know which location is good. Most guest are from Johor and Singapore and some from KL.

beep

Nowaday sporean are very familiar with JB, should not b a prob for them to find Grand Strait Garden, Pekin Sutera and Pulai Spring. The main reason I choosed Rest Pekin as the foods are delicious and the environment is nice and the building is still new.

If not mistaken there is a construction beside them and I heard that there will be a shopping kompleks beside and it will link to their rest in future..

Hi all,

May I know anyone tried the food at Straits view hotel (Marina Seafood Restaurant 海龙王海鲜酒楼) opposite Lido beach?

Is it good?

The ballroom looks nice, but I'm not sure whether the food & service is ok or not.

Anyone can pls advise?

Thanks a lot :wub:

I went to Marina Seafood last week and the place is nice and the price is reasonable. I will be going to try out the food next week. As for Paragon, the service is lousy and the food is just so so

I went to Marina Seafood last week and the place is nice and the price is reasonable. I will be going to try out the food next week. As for Paragon, the service is lousy and the food is just so so

I am going to put the deposit to paragon hotel next week, can you tell me why the service is lousy??

Thanks.

I am going to put the deposit to paragon hotel next week, can you tell me why the service is lousy??

Thanks.

Hi Hpyong..

I would recommend Persada Johor to u.. They have a wedding planner there and will help us to co-ordinate the whole dinner.. and the wedding planner can also render help and assistance to us if we need ideas...

Probably u can try to contact Persada Johor.. no harm visiting another venue... :lol:

interested too!!

but have no idea where it is :sad:

did Marina Seafood has Chinese Name? Have u tried the food?

Hihi new gal here!

may I know anyone had wedding ceremony in JB Persada, how is the food?

:ohmy:

Welcome to MB! :wink:

Hihi new gal here!

Hihi Bride to be..

I've booked Persada Johor as my wedding dinner venue on 21/11/09... the wedding planner is very friendly.. and actually i'm also worried abt the food as my mum's relatives are mostly chefs and bosses of restaurants and my hubby's friends are mostly from overseas so we need very fresh and nice food for the dinner... the wedding planner told me that the food wouldn't be 100% nice as restaurants but she is very sure that the food is ok... and she gave me the confidence...

In addition, the wedding planner will be available free-of-charge... this will ease our burden a lot...

Feel free to ask me if u need any more info... :wub: u can also join the thread: welcome here, all JB brides in General Topics to exchange more... :lol:

Hihi new gal here!

Hihi Bride to be..

I've booked Persada Johor as my wedding dinner venue on 21/11/09... the wedding planner is very friendly.. and actually i'm also worried abt the food as my mum's relatives are mostly chefs and bosses of restaurants and my hubby's friends are mostly from overseas so we need very fresh and nice food for the dinner... the wedding planner told me that the food wouldn't be 100% nice as restaurants but she is very sure that the food is ok... and she gave me the confidence...

In addition, the wedding planner will be available free-of-charge... this will ease our burden a lot...

Feel free to ask me if u need any more info... :wub: u can also join the thread: welcome here, all JB brides in General Topics to exchange more... :lol:

Hi, I am new here. Thinking of getting married in end of the year, but till now have not start sourcing for anything yet.Think I am the slowest bride in this forum....Persada is a new idea for me. Anyone tried the food before? How about Grand Straits Garden? Any comment about their food?