melah

Honeymoon in US.

Hi guiys,

I am planning to take my(wife to be :P) to US for honeymoon and I am just wondering is it hard to get Visa?

what are some of the basic requirements? we are planning on going to Disney world in orlando florida.

you are not going by tour...? if you are going by tour then i think the visa can be done by the tour agent...

if you wish to apply the visa on your own generally you must have a valid reason why you want to go to US (in your case is to travel) and you must have a good financial records coz they didn't want us to "jump plane" and work there in the end... for this they might required you to show them your bank statement. and if you wish to apply the visa for business meeting then it'll be much more easier to get the visa as long as you got the US company invitation letter....

and usually the approved visa will have 10 year validity... at least this is the case for my hubby... :P

I thought US visa can only be obtained by the applicant him/herself and cannot be arranged by travel agent? Anyway, I got my visa last year. Mine was pretty easy to get because I had the invitation letter from a US organization to attend a conference there. Some other people who were together with me during the 'interview' were not successful. Actually depends on their mood also. Mood not good, simply reject the applications. Some even got scolded. Hb's application was ok also as he showed them many proof that he has business correpondence with US. Application fees is USD100 non returnable no matter your application is successful or not. Have to get the form and set the interview time online through the US embassy website

Whether via a tour agent or on your own, you need to demonstrate very strong justification for your trip.

Basic requirements/supporting documents:

1. Return air tickets

2. Hotel room and any ground arrangement bookings

3. Since it's honeymoon, do provide your wedding cert too

4. Letter from employer confirming your year of service in the company, position and salary

5. If you own any property here, do provide the SPA in order to show that you have a solid home in Msia

6. Financial supporting documents i.e. bank statement, EPF statement, FD cert, shares...

If I am not mistaken, US Embassy is charging USD100 for application fee. I had my 1st visa for 5 years as I was still schooling back then. Subsequently, they gave me a 10 years visa upon my renewal. Bear in mind that they might be just grant you a single entry visa instead of a 10 years visa (longest you can get). I have came across a few persons that I know off who only managed to get a single entry visa despite after they were being called for interview after the submission of the documents.

Hopefully mine would be ok...... coz I have seen some of my friend got rejected and one is actually a lawyer :( he is definitely richer than me ......

have you submitted your application melah?

Not yet because my wedding day is going to be in june 2008, so I thinking of waiting till march before I apply... do you think that's too early ? too late? any suggestion ?

Not to say too late or too early when it comes to US visa. It is going to be a 10 years visa. But I think better early than late. In case the application is not successul (touch wood). Then you can start plan for an alternative.

Just wanted to share my experience: When I went to apply for my visa, I could hear other applicants being interviewed. I think it definitely helps your cause if you provide lots of documentation to support your application and you can justify to the officials that you are definitely not going to overstay in the US. Most of the applicants who get into trouble during the interview process can't express themselves clearly or give a clear reason why they need to visit the US.

Try to give as much information about your travel itinerary as possible. It helps if you do some research on the place you plan to visit. The official can smell a rat when the applicant starts to go errmm... and ahh... and that's when they interrogate further and you can feel the heightened tension in the room.

I don't think they simply reject an application just because they're in a bad mood. Although it can be a stressful situation, try to keep your cool and stay calm.

The important thing is to Be Prepared.

Also, I think you can't buy a ticket to the US if you don't have a valid visa... at least I remembered the MAS ticketing ppl asking me to show my passport/visa when I went to pay for my ticket.

Hope that helps.

Just wanted to share my experience: When I went to apply for my visa, I could hear other applicants being interviewed. I think it definitely helps your cause if you provide lots of documentation to support your application and you can justify to the officials that you are definitely not going to overstay in the US. Most of the applicants who get into trouble during the interview process can't express themselves clearly or give a clear reason why they need to visit the US.

Try to give as much information about your travel itinerary as possible. It helps if you do some research on the place you plan to visit. The official can smell a rat when the applicant starts to go errmm... and ahh... and that's when they interrogate further and you can feel the heightened tension in the room.

I don't think they simply reject an application just because they're in a bad mood. Although it can be a stressful situation, try to keep your cool and stay calm.

The important thing is to Be Prepared.

Also, I think you can't buy a ticket to the US if you don't have a valid visa... at least I remembered the MAS ticketing ppl asking me to show my passport/visa when I went to pay for my ticket.

Hope that helps.

so do i book my hotel then get the visa follow by air ticket?

or is ti better for me to get a Visa first ?

Not to say too late or too early when it comes to US visa. It is going to be a 10 years visa. But I think better early than late. In case the application is not successul (touch wood). Then you can start plan for an alternative.

so I can actually apply for visa first before I bought lpane ticket and hotel booking?

Hi guiys,

I am planning to take my(wife to be :P ) to US for honeymoon and I am just wondering is it hard to get Visa?

what are some of the basic requirements? we are planning on going to Disney world in orlando florida.

hee hee then I will book the hotel first :) I have vacation club so have ton's of vacation day to burn off :P

i suggest it would b the best if u "kau tim" everything ASAPi wouldnt b too ealry if u does it now.........coz u need to submit the application form first then wait for them to call u for interview where u need to go to the US embassy....if im not wrong......the application letter requires u to state ur place of stay when u r in US.im not sure whether the law has changed now......

hopefully u got thru everything smoothly n have a happy honeymoon lah...

i suggest it would b the best if u "kau tim" everything ASAPi wouldnt b too ealry if u does it now.........coz u need to submit the application form first then wait for them to call u for interview where u need to go to the US embassy....if im not wrong......the application letter requires u to state ur place of stay when u r in US.im not sure whether the law has changed now......

hopefully u got thru everything smoothly n have a happy honeymoon lah...

The procedure now is to apply online. You go to the US embassy homepage, fill in the form (check which form is the correct one first). After you submitted the form online, you will have to go to the 'set interview' page (online as well) to select whatever date and time you want to be interviewed. They will not call you. You have to settle everything online. After that, you just have to go to the embassy on the date and time you selected earlier, bringing all the necessary documents. While waiting for the interview day to come, you will have to get your documents ready. Take a US visa photo, pay the application fees at RHB bank and bring the receipt with you during your interview.

Make sure you are not late and make sure your index fingers are ok on that day, no cuts whatsoever. You will know on the spot whether your application is successful or not. If it is successful, you can collect your passport from the embassy after 3 working days.

Hi guiys,

I am planning to take my(wife to be :P ) to US for honeymoon and I am just wondering is it hard to get Visa?

Hi melah,

I would say Florida, Orlando is really a great place to visit. I been visited there n really had fun.

For the visa application, yes nowadays they already do it online by filling up the form, choosing the date n time. All the document that they need will have to show in the interview. Usually they take 3 working days to process. For my eldest brother n mother case, they took 1 week due to my brother forgot to bring some documents. Since 911, it is getting so hard to get the visa, especially for guy. Even student visa also hard to get approved with letter from university (my time). If u studied in the states, then u will have the social security card, they can trace your history. They always ask to u show bank statement or any letter to prove the purpose going, where to stay when arrived. So apply earlier in case u need to go 2nd time.

After u get the visa, when u reached the u.s airport, the imigration office might ask u some questions again. I saw this few time especially those come from islamic countries n is muslim. Once i even saw an indonesia lady was questioned, and had to show them the return ticket. If the return ticket was uncertain, they tried to ask why the date not fixed blah blah blah. So get yourself ready.

My tip to travel in Orlando, u can save the money by looking for those hotels nearby disneyworld with free transportation to disneyworld n seaworld, so that no need to rent a car. It costed me USD 1 for getting the public transport from hotel to downtown. Few places u can visit in Orlando included the disneyworld ( all together 4 themeparks), seaworld, adventure world, universal studio, outlet, keywest beach. Each themepark in disneyworld will use up 1 day. Don't forget to corporate with ur wife to q-up while another getting the fast pass for next game. We only visited 3 themeparks since some of our friends said the animal kingdom (themepark) just so so. Get the themepark map 1 day earlier n discuss with your wife what game u guys are interested, bcoz the themepark is so huge n u wont be manage to finish all the games without fully plan. We reached there very early in the morning, like 9 to 10 am and returned to our hotel 12 am just to wait for the firework to end. Check out the time parade starts and where they r passing, so get there at least 30 mins earlier to get a nice place to c the parade. From airport to your hotels might cost u USD 20 to USD 25 for taxi fees. Good luck

Hi guiys,

Hi melah,

I would say Florida, Orlando is really a great place to visit. I been visited there n really had fun.

For the visa application, yes nowadays they already do it online by filling up the form, choosing the date n time. All the document that they need will have to show in the interview. Usually they take 3 working days to process. For my eldest brother n mother case, they took 1 week due to my brother forgot to bring some documents. Since 911, it is getting so hard to get the visa, especially for guy. Even student visa also hard to get approved with letter from university (my time). If u studied in the states, then u will have the social security card, they can trace your history. They always ask to u show bank statement or any letter to prove the purpose going, where to stay when arrived. So apply earlier in case u need to go 2nd time.

After u get the visa, when u reached the u.s airport, the imigration office might ask u some questions again. I saw this few time especially those come from islamic countries n is muslim. Once i even saw an indonesia lady was questioned, and had to show them the return ticket. If the return ticket was uncertain, they tried to ask why the date not fixed blah blah blah. So get yourself ready.

My tip to travel in Orlando, u can save the money by looking for those hotels nearby disneyworld with free transportation to disneyworld n seaworld, so that no need to rent a car. It costed me USD 1 for getting the public transport from hotel to downtown. Few places u can visit in Orlando included the disneyworld ( all together 4 themeparks), seaworld, adventure world, universal studio, outlet, keywest beach. Each themepark in disneyworld will use up 1 day. Don't forget to corporate with ur wife to q-up while another getting the fast pass for next game. We only visited 3 themeparks since some of our friends said the animal kingdom (themepark) just so so. Get the themepark map 1 day earlier n discuss with your wife what game u guys are interested, bcoz the themepark is so huge n u wont be manage to finish all the games without fully plan. We reached there very early in the morning, like 9 to 10 am and returned to our hotel 12 am just to wait for the firework to end. Check out the time parade starts and where they r passing, so get there at least 30 mins earlier to get a nice place to c the parade. From airport to your hotels might cost u USD 20 to USD 25 for taxi fees. Good luck

Thank you so much for sharing your exp, sorry for the late reply been travelling a lot altely to get all my photo shoot done :P I've been to disney in orlando once that time I stayed for a week and didn't even have enough time to go through all of them.

You skip animal kingdom ! ? that's one of the better place I like ... the animal tree was nice and there's a bunch of little cute monkey all arround the place :)

next time if you go try to get the Park hopper ticket it's really worth it.

last time I got it with a 30% discount and came free with arabian night dinner, the major parks for disney (Disney quest not included), seaworld, universal studio was a blast too bad I was only studying that time and was quite tight with budget so can't stay long... this time I am going to spend more time there ... if I get my visa :P

i want to go honeymoon with my FH. i also worry its difficult to get my visa as currently im not working. n dun have much doc supported :(

The United States is a wonderful place for honeymoon and the ideal place to visit. There are plenty of romantic beaches and fun places to see there. The Disneyland and Florida Orlando have wonderful Amusement and Theme Parks for recreation and entertainment activities.