Sign in to follow this  
jamieoh

Romance Drama/Movie

i watched keanu reeves and sandra bullock's "the lake house" last night and balled my eyes out at the ending like the first time i watched it.

other movies which has the same effect on me are:

1. ever after - the scene where he proposes to her is a cry for me.

2. titanic - cheesy, i know. but the scene where rose shakes jack's hand and tells him to wake up makes me sob all the time.

3. dirty dancing - the scene where they dance to "time of my life" gives me goosebumps!

4. a walk in the clouds - sob! i love the ending ...

5. the wedding planner - i don't like jlo but i like her here.

i think i'll have a romantic movie night with my bridesmaids ... should be fun!

which romance movie(s) makes you reach for a box a kleenex?

My two favourites are While You Were Sleeping and A Walk To Remember. Haven't been watching a lot of romantic movies of lately though. Dunno why.

The Mirror Has 2 Faces..the ending where Jeff Bridges and Barbra Streisand danced on the streets. I LOVE the soundtrack - 'I've Finally Found Someone' I chose that song for my wedding.

i have shorlisted that song "Ive finally Found Someone" for my wedding too! hahahaha

My fav romantic movie is Notting Hill.... "When you say nothing at all" is a super romantic song, but not very suitable for weddings...

i have shorlisted that song "Ive finally Found Someone" for my wedding too! hahahaha

My fav romantic movie is Notting Hill.... "When you say nothing at all" is a super romantic song, but not very suitable for weddings...

Yeah, 'When you say nothing at all' is not suitable. We used to sing that song to describe our ex-GM who is a totally clueless person but wants to act clever. ('You say it best when you say nothing at all"). Very appropriate isnt it? He was the laughingstock of our distributors.

I'm not a fan of romance movies.

But I had to say 'Love Actually' is the only romance movies made me reach for kleenex. I guess it reflects the reality of life.

And it's different than some cheesy predictable love storyline which has been reused numerous of time. :P

Romance movie I do watch a lot, but can't remember which ones make me cried, but just know got some la..heheh...

ooh! i love knotting hill too! i used to like the song "i finally found someone" but now it just reminds me of an ex i don't like :rolleyes:

hi, jamie:)

am a sucker for romantic movies..

will recommend the same as mabel's:

1. while u were sleeping (watched it more than 3 times)

2. a walk in the clouds (very romantic also)

3. runaway bride (quite romantic also), love the ending....

4. the wedding singer is very romantic also (adam sandler and drew barrymore)...the song he sang to her on the plane made me so touched:) hehehhehe

but both these movies are kinda old

hmm, but the latest movies are not very romantic....find not much substance in them:)

i loves notting hill so much that i had watched it for more than 30 times. till my DVD spoilt :-p

speaking of which, i wanna go home and watch again later.

yeah faith, i agree with you. new romance movies haven't had that "sob!" impact on me lately. kekekeke.

lol shiauling! poor DVD.

*kicks myself for telling this* i watched titanic so many time when it was launched on video (vcd that time not very happening yet) until the tape became maggie mee. haha! i guess we're all romantic buffs!

hi jamie,

if u wanna a nice "sob", try out the wedding singer...very touching leh...

also, if u wanna try korean romance, try out "lovers in paris", very romantic also....:)

yeah faith, i agree with you. new romance movies haven't had that "sob!" impact on me lately. kekekeke.

lol shiauling! poor DVD.

*kicks myself for telling this* i watched titanic so many time when it was launched on video (vcd that time not very happening yet) until the tape became maggie mee. haha! i guess we're all romantic buffs!

for me it's 'pretty woman' julia roberts & richard gere. can watch over and over again still not bored :P in fact, i'm thinking of using the song 'fallen' one of the soundtrack in the show as my wedding marching song...

My latest fav, tho it's a little old, is a Walk to Remember. Never fail to make me reach for the box of kleenex. I've watched the movie over 5 times. it's in my laptop now too, but hubby forbids to me watch it anymore coz me tearing up isn't good for the baby :P

I like Love Actually, but hmm.. some of the scenes on the unrequited love was kinda sad :( makes you feel like life is sometimes so unfair.

Yea , A Walk to Remember is nice too, I watched it during my college times and I cried over and over again...so touching...

My latest fav, tho it's a little old, is a Walk to Remember. Never fail to make me reach for the box of kleenex. I've watched the movie over 5 times. it's in my laptop now too, but hubby forbids to me watch it anymore coz me tearing up isn't good for the baby :P

I like Love Actually, but hmm.. some of the scenes on the unrequited love was kinda sad :( makes you feel like life is sometimes so unfair.

'The Lake House' by Keanu n Sandra is my fav movie so far... i love the time travel.

one more movie dat i like is 'to say i love u again' starring andy lau, charlie yeung n gillian choi. oso vy touching.

for these 2 movies, i cried...

All romantic movies will make me cry a lot, if FH saw it, he will laugh at me while passing me the tissue, then he said .. ai yoh .. it just a movie and you have been cheated by the movie.

Too many are my favourites la .. hehe ..

Hi all,

Hmmm.....no one here watches the "classic" ones? Say, Gone With The Wind, Dr.Zhivago, Casablanca, My Fair Lady. Or I am stuck in yesteryear? :P

My bf is coming back from abroad end of this month,(we're in a LDR) and I want to buy some nice romance movies for us to watch. Was thinking of getting those apart from some of the newer ones you girls mentioned. Any idea where I can get them? Older movies arent that easy to get hold of. Hmm.... :lol:

Me dont like those classics cos everything tends to be overdramatic. The dialogues, the acting, the background music..so OTT.. The hero will say something to 'kek' the heroine, and she'll put a hand to her forehead and faint in a very 'kwa cheong' way. Who acts like this in real life?

Hi all,

Hmmm.....no one here watches the "classic" ones? Say, Gone With The Wind, Dr.Zhivago, Casablanca, My Fair Lady. Or I am stuck in yesteryear? :P

My bf is coming back from abroad end of this month,(we're in a LDR) and I want to buy some nice romance movies for us to watch. Was thinking of getting those apart from some of the newer ones you girls mentioned. Any idea where I can get them? Older movies arent that easy to get hold of. Hmm.... :lol:

Me dont like those classics cos everything tends to be overdramatic. The dialogues, the acting, the background music..so OTT.. The hero will say something to 'kek' the heroine, and she'll put a hand to her forehead and faint in a very 'kwa cheong' way. Who acts like this in real life?

LOL! quite true that one about the hand on the forehead and passes out. even when she faints, she does it demurely. notice there isn't a thud? haha. i'm currenly so hooked on the lake house, especially the ending. sigh ... i'm hopeless.

same here. their costumes n make-up is vy ugly too!

King Kong!!!

king kong? really? i haven't watched the new one because i feel so bad for the monkey at the end of the old one. i too sakit hati to watch this one liao. feel like calling the ispca everything it ends. i know ... i'm pathetic. lol!

Good topic Jamie! I agree with most of the movies mentioned here already, but surprised that no one has mentioned "The Notebook" yet.... it's one of my favorite romantic movies of all time :rolleyes: Like "A Walk To Remember" it's also from a Nicholas Sparks novel. In addition to the movies already mentioned by other members, here are the romantic movies I love:

1. The Notebook

2. Somewhere In Time (starring Christopher Reeves and Jane Seymour, also involves time travel... I love the music from this movie)

3. 50 First Dates

4. The Wedding Singer

5. Ever After

6. My Best Friend's Wedding

7. An Officer and A Gentleman (love the part where he comes and scoops her up and carries her away and the music plays)

Hey Tash, I enjoy classic movies too! I mean, movies are supposed to transport you to another world and these certainly do it for me:

1. Gone With The Wind (it's 2 DVDs long but I was so engrossed in the story that I didn't mind at all)

2. Breakfast At Tiffany's (I've always secretly wished I was Audrey Hepburn, or at least her characters!)

3. It's A Wonderful Life (I developed a crush on Jimmy Stewart after watching this movie!)