Sign in to follow this  
chin

Honeymoon to Vietnam or Australia

Hi,

Anyone been to Vietnam or Australia for honeymoon? Wat's the best time to go?

Need some sharing of experience.

Can suggest any tour agent?

Cheers,

Chin :angry:

I went to Australia for honeymoon. It was a self-drive honeymoon. Did not follow any tour. Everything DIY. It was great and memorable!

Been to both places, but not for honeymoon la.

Personally, I prefer OZ for honeymoon destination. Cause VN is too crowded and too many traffic in the cities, especially HCMC and Hanoi.

There is place which is popular for the locals to honeymoon called Danang (it's a highlands), the weather is cooling there but I don't think it serves a good place for foreign honeymooners.

i've been to both places too.. and i agree with burgundywine.. aussie is a nice place for honeymoon.. if u're going to melbourne, a drive on great ocean road for a couple of days will be really great for honeymoon.. ;)

Hi,

Anyone been to Vietnam or Australia for honeymoon? Wat's the best time to go?

Need some sharing of experience.

Can suggest any tour agent?

Hi Chin... I've been to both places not for honeymoon but just for social visit haha....

Aust is a safe & nice place to go for honeymoon.... ;) price wise of cos much more xpensive compare to viet....

Viet.... is cheaper then Aust of cos... but then.... to me personally i felt unsafe there.... like anytime got people wanna rompak u.... If u going to Viet go to Sapa & Halong Bay.... This two place is less crowded and.... if u love nature??? u'll love SAPA.... Sapa is on a place filled with plantation and the air is like.... Genting cold cold one..... They haf this big great waterfall.... very nice nice.... water also very clear with big big rocks....

Cheers,

Chin :lol:

Thanks all.

I always like to go Vietnam, but also find it weird to make it as our honeymoon. :P

SharonChee, are u meaning that i get to see tulip if i go in Oct? Hurray! I love it. End of Oct can? Which place best to go?

Sounds like all of u go Australia by backpack, it's good since my FH and I never like to join package tour. But must we drive there? Coz afraid it might be a bit difficult since they are opposite direction with us? Pls correct me if i'm wrong, i'm ignorant about this.

How's the public transport? Convenient?

My most concern is about the safety. Heard that those teenagers tend to bully Asians. True? Safe to travel in only two of us?

I went to Halong Bay before during one of our cruise's stop over. We got bored after a couple of hours. We were extremely excited to see the infamous sea scape, only to be greeted by dirty sea water. The limestone caves in Perak are better, i would say. So, overall, i was kinda disappointed with Halong Bay. It might have been a better trip if we didn't follow the tour group.

Have been to places in Ozzieland, and Sharon Chee describe the destinations pretty well. It really depends on what you like. I enjoyed Tasmania the most coz i simply prefer those laid back and relaxing kinda holiday, and for hubby and I, DIY is the way to go in Aussieland. If you're considering going to the countryside as well, may i suggest B&B style. It's pretty great and cosy.

By the way, driving is in the same direction . so no worries there.

I might be able to answer some of the Qs:

1. Tulip season is up till mid Oct almost every year. Tulips can't last long, so towards the end of the season, the flowers are not very nice anymore. The farm is in Silvan, FYI, about 40 minutes drive (if i remember correctly) from Melbourne. Getting there by public transport is not exactly convenient coz it's the countryside.

2. Public transport in city area is very convenient in both Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane. As for touristy area, it's easy to get those daily shuttle bus tickets that bring you to those hot spots. For places like tasmania, if u're on your own and not on tour, it's better to drive. If you wanna visit both the cities as well as the countrysides, it's also worth while to consider those land packages, like day tours to Phillip Island or Ballarat.

3. Racism - Have not been there for a couple of years but i heard that the Asian population has increased so much so that you can spot 1 asian in 4 ppl that passes you by in the city.

Hope this helps.