Sign in to follow this  
vivi

Concorde Hotel,Shah Alam and Centro,Klang

Dear All,

I'm new in this forum...Just would like to get some of opinions about having a wedding dinner at Concorde Hotel,Shah Alam and also a resturant inside Centro,Klang...TQ

Dear All,

I'm new in this forum...Just would like to get some of opinions about having a wedding dinner at Concorde Hotel,Shah Alam and also a resturant inside Centro,Klang...TQ

Hi, i attended the wedding dinner at Centro, Klang before. the hall is really nice and the food not bad.

But if you taken around 60++ tables, better book a full hall. because half hall is hard for them to arrange the tables.

the services is good also. cos each tables, alw got waitress there to ready served u.

Dear All,

Hi, i attended the wedding dinner at Centro, Klang before. the hall is really nice and the food not bad.

But if you taken around 60++ tables, better book a full hall. because half hall is hard for them to arrange the tables.

the services is good also. cos each tables, alw got waitress there to ready served u.

hi Jojomay...

Thank you for ur opinion...but as according their floor plan, the whole hall can occupied around 130 table lor...if 50 table, i afraid they will cut the hall into hallf lor...The dishes is from the chinese restuarant nearby,right??how the deco??

Hi vivi,

sorry about this late reply.

yp. if u taking 50 tables, they just provide u half hall. dun worry. they have very good partitions. you won't get disturb by the next door.

i attended my fren wedding there b4. really nice.

myself oso just taking half hall.

they do not provide any decoration. you need to find other outsider vendor to decoration.

yp. the food is from the nearby chinese restaurant

hi vivi,

The restaurant inside Centro, Klang is Restaurant Klang Palace (same with Imbi Palace). If you wan to use the ballroom for FOC, then must engage with tis restaurant, otherwise if you use caterer from outside then rental for 1 ballroom if not mistaken is about 5-10K (cant remember oredi).

There is minimum tables require - 35 tables (half ballroom)

80 tables (whole ballroom)

If you cant meet the min tables require, then have to pay RM100/each table for the balance. Eg: if you only have 30 tables then have to pay RM500 lo for the balance 5 tables. Duuno you understand i what mean or not :P

Dun worry, as jojomay said they do have a very good partition. When is your AD? Have you check with their schedule? As i know the ballroom have been booked until Oct-Nov'08 oredi. So must fast fast wow... :)

Dear All,

Hi J&S and jojomay,

OIC....So that's another cost for us to engage another decorator to come lor??I think i need to think about it again...oh!!my actual day most probably by end of next yr, so still got a long time to go...Wah!!so fast this restuarant being booked ar??how's the price??wat they provide??

Jojomay...

When is your dinner???

anyone has attended wedding dinners at Concorde Shah Alam?

Dear All,

Hi J&S and jojomay,

OIC....So that's another cost for us to engage another decorator to come lor??I think i need to think about it again...oh!!my actual day most probably by end of next yr, so still got a long time to go...Wah!!so fast this restuarant being booked ar??how's the price??wat they provide??

Jojomay...

When is your dinner???

actually i booked centro for my wedding dinner on 18.10.08, tats also 4 mths ago! When we wan to paid deposit, there was another couple came and wan to book same date with me... luckly we booked 1st :D And Yes, we have to engage florist for decoration as the restaurant only provide simple entrance decoration.

I heard tat menu price for nxt yr have increase le.. so if you really wan or interest, dun wait anymore... Good luck!

Dear All,

Hi J&S and jojomay,

Jojomay...

When is your dinner???

actually i booked centro for my wedding dinner on 18.10.08, tats also 4 mths ago! When we wan to paid deposit, there was another couple came and wan to book same date with me... luckly we booked 1st :D And Yes, we have to engage florist for decoration as the restaurant only provide simple entrance decoration.

I heard tat menu price for nxt yr have increase le.. so if you really wan or interest, dun wait anymore... Good luck!

Thank you for your advise J&S...Me still not sure yet...My FH don't really like the place bcoz of the limited parking ther...if the good date fall on the same day as yours, troublesome for your guest to find parking...I saw before some ppl park at centro and walk to V-garden for their wedding dinner lor...that why still thinking lor...how about concorde shah alam??u have any been to concorde for a wedding diiner??

Yes, i been to concorde for a wedding dinner b4 and ask my friend bout the price too. But we found tat the price a bit high and over our budget plus FIL dun like it because the food is halal wow.. so at the end we choose centro. Parking problem.... cant comment too much oredi as we cant find a place tat is really perfect in terms of price, environment, food, etc..

Tats just my personal opinion lo... :)

Yes, i been to concorde for a wedding dinner b4 and ask my friend bout the price too. But we found tat the price a bit high and over our budget plus FIL dun like it because the food is halal wow.. so at the end we choose centro. Parking problem.... cant comment too much oredi as we cant find a place tat is really perfect in terms of price, environment, food, etc..

Tats just my personal opinion lo... :)

Dear J&S,

So the food in concorde ok ar??halal and non-halal not a problem anyway bcoz planning to invite some muslim colleageu to attend...

Food ar?! For me is so so only... But depends on individual la, so better u go to try or check with them the package.

Food ar?! For me is so so only... But depends on individual la, so better u go to try or check with them the package.

Have check on the package...Is just i didn't try the food ther b4...my fren told me the food ther ok lor...but if to compare to chinese restuarant, then it'll be different lor...tomolo i'll be going ther for a final discussion and most probably my FH will choose ther...

Dear All,

Hello Vivi,

i'd my wedding dinner at Concorde KL on 27/10/2007. Food wise was good, so far no bad feedback from my guests. If you really keen in Concorde, you may look for Mei Ling- Catering Manager, shes quite pro. and helpful person.

inie

Dear All,

Hello Vivi,

i'd my wedding dinner at Concorde KL on 27/10/2007. Food wise was good, so far no bad feedback from my guests. If you really keen in Concorde, you may look for Mei Ling- Catering Manager, shes quite pro. and helpful person.

inie

Dear Inie,

Welcome to the forum....thank you for your advise and the place i prefer is in Shah Alam instead of KL...I guess their standard will be the same,right??eventhough 2 separate area...anyway thank you again....

Sorry to say that Centro sux.. :D

Food not nice, and very inexperienced in doing Wedding Banquet.. Very messy!

dear Angelapg...

Is it that bad??I try the food ther before from the restuarant, actually the food ther not bad lor...most probably they quite new in business in klang centro but they have an HQ in KL and been catering for wedding dinner quite some time...wat actually happen??Anyway thank you for your info...

dear Angelapg...

Is it that bad??I try the food ther before from the restuarant, actually the food ther not bad lor...most probably they quite new in business in klang centro but they have an HQ in KL and been catering for wedding dinner quite some time...wat actually happen??Anyway thank you for your info...

1) When the bride and grooms walk in from the entrance right, they should have off the light or at least turn to dimlight only turn the spotlight to the couple, right or not? What they did was they didn’t do anything with the lighting and turn the spotlight to them. Who can notice lah you tell me? Got spotlight or not, doesn’t makes any difference. Worst is that no wedding songs was played when they walk in! Usually they have those traditional wedding song one right? But this one, don’t have!

2) The presentation of first dish.. They off the lights, turn the spotlight to the entrance, on the music and the waiters walk in with the dish. You tell me! Why is the food presentation more important than the newly wedded couple? The centre of attention should be on the couple and not the food! Stupid one, brainless.

3) Very unorganized! The waiters/waitresses like sotong like that.. Very blur. All of them can walk ahead with the dish without observing that the front tables already been served. So 1 person walk, the rest also follow stupidly. In the end, have to make U-turn and all clamp together.

4) Food is ok lah.. They are trying to be different from other restaurants.. Wanna be better but better to no way (in Chinese saying).. So, it’s a disappoinment for a table that worth Rm600.

Overall the rating is 5/10 only!!! Very inexperienced in doing wedding dinner or other special occasions, I would say.

dear Angelapg...

1) When the bride and grooms walk in from the entrance right, they should have off the light or at least turn to dimlight only turn the spotlight to the couple, right or not? What they did was they didn't do anything with the lighting and turn the spotlight to them. Who can notice lah you tell me? Got spotlight or not, doesn't makes any difference. Worst is that no wedding songs was played when they walk in! Usually they have those traditional wedding song one right? But this one, don't have!

2) The presentation of first dish.. They off the lights, turn the spotlight to the entrance, on the music and the waiters walk in with the dish. You tell me! Why is the food presentation more important than the newly wedded couple? The centre of attention should be on the couple and not the food! Stupid one, brainless.

3) Very unorganized! The waiters/waitresses like sotong like that.. Very blur. All of them can walk ahead with the dish without observing that the front tables already been served. So 1 person walk, the rest also follow stupidly. In the end, have to make U-turn and all clamp together.

4) Food is ok lah.. They are trying to be different from other restaurants.. Wanna be better but better to no way (in Chinese saying).. So, it's a disappoinment for a table that worth Rm600.

Overall the rating is 5/10 only!!! Very inexperienced in doing wedding dinner or other special occasions, I would say.

Angela,

Wah!!!Is this bad ar???So the couple is your close fren or relative ar??Sure,they very sad...special day for them and it really unforgetable with all those error by the restuarant....So angela, wher is your wedding reception going to be???Lucky u told me about this bad experience,if not most probably i choose ther too...it's on my 2nd choice on the banquet list....

Vivi,

i dun see that so bad on Concorde, what i should say is depends how u coordinate with the organizer on the food & hall deco. Thats it ! Food not nice and service SUCK .. it happen in everywhere! its depends on ur expectation also, as long as u & ur hubby like their food.... Cos everyone have their good and bad comments, end of the day u still have to make the decision ! I m working in F&B cum event line, em.. from my point of view, i didnt see Concorde - KL service or food got so bad lor....But i got no idea Shah Alam la ! .....

Inie

Vivi,

i dun see that so bad on Concorde, what i should say is depends how u coordinate with the organizer on the food & hall deco. Thats it ! Food not nice and service SUCK .. it happen in everywhere! its depends on ur expectation also, as long as u & ur hubby like their food.... Cos everyone have their good and bad comments, end of the day u still have to make the decision ! I m working in F&B cum event line, em.. from my point of view, i didnt see Concorde - KL service or food got so bad lor....But i got no idea Shah Alam la ! .....

Inie

Hi Inie...

Thank you for your advise and anyway I've booked concorde for my wedding reception...Hope everythings go well lor....

Hi angelanpg,

Wah... is tat bad ah?? That couple is ur relavtive or friend? Did the couple co-ordinate or discuss with the organizer on the whole event??? So far i have been to Centro for wedding dinner for few times oredi and all also well organizer wow.... Mainly maybe because they did discuss well with the organizer and even arrange a person (friend or relative) to take care on the hall decor and programs.

Beside, as i know every 4 tables will have 1 waiter / waiteress to serve and u have to tell them what song tat u wan to play when walk in to the hall. So i think no matter where our banquet would be, it is better for us to discuss and tell the organizer what we want n what we dont want. This is communication between us n them....

Anyway, is just my opinion and no offend to anyone, ya... :)

Hi angelanpg,

Wah... is tat bad ah?? That couple is ur relavtive or friend? Did the couple co-ordinate or discuss with the organizer on the whole event??? So far i have been to Centro for wedding dinner for few times oredi and all also well organizer wow.... Mainly maybe because they did discuss well with the organizer and even arrange a person (friend or relative) to take care on the hall decor and programs.

Beside, as i know every 4 tables will have 1 waiter / waiteress to serve and u have to tell them what song tat u wan to play when walk in to the hall. So i think no matter where our banquet would be, it is better for us to discuss and tell the organizer what we want n what we dont want. This is communication between us n them....

Anyway, is just my opinion and no offend to anyone, ya... :)

hello js and vivi..

she's my close friend and i was really surprise how come the so-called more expensive restaurant in klang give such a lousy service. my friend didn't notice all the weakness cos tht day is her day mar, so she got carried away lor but she noticed tht the song wasn't played when she and her hb walks in though.. after all the dinner, i told her about it and she regretted tht she didn't ask them to compensate her or at least give discount lah right or not? i've been to their dimsum once too and got really bad experience. so i'm not going anymore unless ppl belanja then diff story lor cos i can't req to change the venue if i'm not goin to pay the bill, can't i? ;)

oh and i heard concorde shah alam is very nice. my colleague's bro got married there last dec and i saw all the photos taken by professional PG. nice! oh and since you can afford to put your banquet in a hotel, might as well get a wedding planner too to make it more grant!

not sure if concorder hotel shah alam is nice, but I do know that it's freaking hard to get a quote from them... Called up twice and e-mailed before, but till today still no reply yet..

Dear All,

I guess they are busy as i know the event/catering executive resign and now they looking for a replacement...So temporary the manager is handling...I guess he really busy bcoz 1 leg kick ma...Try to look Mr.Mohan..He's the senior catering manager...