Sign in to follow this  
Care Bear

Renaissance vs. Hotel Maya

We checked out both Renaissance and Hotel Maya and we can't decide which to go with. :( We're only looking at 15-20 tables and Renaissance will give us Arcade 3 & 4 (function room). We like what we saw except for the pillar that's blocking the view for at least 10 guests.:( Hotel Maya is able to give us the ballroom (since it's a small ballroom) but we don't know anyone who has done a wedding there so we don't have any feedback regarding the food, deco, etc. Any advice/ suggestions will be appreciated.:)

Thanks!:)

Hi Care Bear,

In terms of which one is more grand, classy looking, well known, built up, Rennaisance is much more nicer.

Maya ( formerly known as Park Plaza) does not cater much for weddings. Mostly seminars..workshops... piano exams..

Maya looks newer, Renaissance a bit old cause quite long already.

But food and decor, R is better.

It depends whether u wan a ballroom or function room. Perhaps if yr option is still open, you can try looking for other well know hotels that does weddings, which have a smaller ballroom so you need not use the function room, more grand.

Hope this helps. :)

Thanks Melissa for the prompt reply!:) Thanks for giving such great advice.:) Does anyone out there who knows of hotels with smaller ballroom? Chinese restaurants are not my first choice but if I really have to, I will.

hi care bear,

Mandarin Oriental got small ballroom too... it's called their junior ballroom and sits around 20 tables. I attended a wedding there once and it was nice cause the junior ballroom got their own waiting area for pre-dinner cocktails etc.

Other than that, Regent hotel in Jln Bukit Bintang also got small ballroom which caters for max 20 tables i think.

niq

Thanks Niq!! That's GREAT!!! I'll call them up tomorrow.:) I tried calling Madarin Oriental last week and the sales people didn't picked up the phone so I didn't follow up. Thanks for letting me know - I'll definitely try again.:)

u'r welcome care bear.

I hope u can get hold of them this time. I remember calling them when i was looking for my venue and they were pretty efficient. They even emailed me the quotation etc but i've since deleted it la, if not i can pm u.

niq

Hi Care bear, maybe u want to try nikko hotel?

I have got their quotation last time, it's cheaper than renaissance hotel. But i dunno if the food is nice or not. Their ballroom can cater not more than 25 tables.