Belle

Steam Milk -

Share out the steam milk recipe ! Its nice and is good to skin! :D Fall in love on this dessert after the trip to HK. This is one of the popular dessert HK Star usually take :P

Ingredients : Fresh Milk 450 cc , sugar 45 gram, honey 2 spoon , egg white – 2

**The amount of sugar and honey depends on individual preference

Steps :

1. First add the milk with sugar and honey 2. Slightly beat the egg white and mix with the milk as in pic 1

3. Remove the bubbles and filter for 2 times so that your pudding will be smooth

4. Pour into the bowl and cover up with aluminum foil or a cover

5. Put in the double boil as in pic 2 for 10 minutes with the smallest/min level of heat 6. Your milk pudding can be served in either cold or hot

more picture, can see the link below :

http://belle-tongsui.blogspot.com/

will it have strong milk smell? i don't dare to drink fresh milk. but i know this dessert must be good for skin. pak suit suit, wak luit luit :lol: :P

haha ;D yaya a bit strong milk smell :D haha

you must learna tao drink milk alr :D is very good to skin :D .. haha ;)

if want Leng Leng, must sacrifice a bit lor :D haha ;)

thanks titi for your comment :D for adding ginger !

This is "Sheong Pei Lai" right? I love this dessert!!

Shun De is my grandfather's hometown and they are famous for Sheong Pei Lai! :D

Wow this must taste good. I made a similar one milk and ginger juice.

Just pour boiling milk (250ml) into 1Tbs of ginger juice to the bowl.

Let it rest for 5 minutes and you get Steamed Milk (something like Tau Hu Hua). Some add cornflour for thickness

I wonder if we can make this with unsweetened soybean drink or not, for those of us who are lactose intolerant.. :P

it should come out just as yummy... :D

Belle, thanks for sharing your recipe. I went to your site and saw the photos, it looks so yummy! Hope I can give it a try one of these days.

Can we use store-bought milk, or do we have to get the milk straight from the farmer? If we can use store-bought milk, does that mean we need to use whole milk or can use fat-free milk? Doesn't really matter to me, but just wondered if there will be a difference if we use milk with different fat content.

I know for "Sheong Pei Lai" (double-skin milk pudding) the yumminess comes from the cream. The creamier the yummier!

So better go for whole milk la.. :lol:

Found this info:

"......We also recommend the double-skin milk pudding, a dessert originating from Shunde in Guangdong Province. To make the double-skinned milk pudding, the boiled milk is cooled until a layer of skin forms on top. The skin is then removed and an egg is mixed into the milk before it is boiled for a second time, producing the double skin. The pudding is served with the foam which forms on the second skin. Below the skin is a sweet smelling, crystal-like milk-egg mixture. Eat it hot while the texture is still creamy."

Hi tamara,

Last time my visit in HK, i ask the shop keeper, they told me, they use fresh milk( From farm ) .... but for me, is so hard to get that, so i usually just use the store-bought one :D ...

but he told me, use full cream will taste better ;) haha ..

i haven't tried using Soybean as proposed by fusionista ;D haha

i am very "Ai SUi" .. will share out more keep "leng leng" dessert with you guys when i am free :) ..

egg white + milk => very good to skin :P haha

Hi Belle,

Many thanks for clarifying on the store-bought milk :P Now I can't wait to try this recipe. Thanks to fusion and simonne too for sharing your tips! I'll certainly use whole milk here :D

i've tried the recipe. although it's yummy, it turn out to be too watery. till can't even take out like tau fu fah. can someone tell me what went wrong? was is lack of egg white? 2 not enough?

hi Yumiko,

Do you cover your bowl ? Cause if you din cover , it might be caused by the steam water ( :P i just guess).

Actually the milk esp full cream one, quite sticky ( Pekat) , so is actually wont cause it too be too watery !

Anyhow, if you feel too watery , may be you can reduce your milk or add egg white base on your preference ! Sorry, my recipe not suit you, i actually get it from the Sifu in the shop :D hah ;)

good trying !