I thought of taking up sewing (clothes). Anyone know where we can find sewing class in PJ or KL with reasonable rates? The sewing class should include designing and cutting the cloth and sewing, ofcourse!

Sewing classes are not common because 1) too much work and 2) too diverse to teach. Why don't you guys try learning on your own? There are a lot of 101 books out there and simple projects for sewing. :)

Sewing classes are not common because 1) too much work and 2) too diverse to teach. Why don't you guys try learning on your own? There are a lot of 101 books out there and simple projects for sewing. :)

Basic sewing can be learnt from books and experience. But then, what about tailoring; cutting out patterns, etc?

I thought of taking up sewing (clothes). Anyone know where we can find sewing class in PJ or KL with reasonable rates? The sewing class should include designing and cutting the cloth and sewing, ofcourse!

Hi, I only know where to take Fashion Design course that teaches sewing. is a 2 yrs course, after finished, you not only know how to sew, you can actually start your own boutique and sell your garments.

Phoebe, where is it? Any contacts and how much would it cost?

I made a few pillow cases last weekend. The result is quite satisfactory. But then they are just pillow cases, where the shapes are the same : square / rectangle. Thinking of going into sewing dress or clothes next

i know a little bit only. even my mom is a tailor, for easy one still ok, i know how to sew curtain, pillow case, baju kurung, even my bride maid and flower girls dress. but for many pattern one. i know so expert coz very hard to learn oh.

Phoebe, where is it? Any contacts and how much would it cost?

I made a few pillow cases last weekend. The result is quite satisfactory. But then they are just pillow cases, where the shapes are the same : square / rectangle. Thinking of going into sewing dress or clothes next

[/quote

Is a institution, that course is a advanced diploma in Fashion Design. As I said, from these 2 yrs course u will learn from A-Z. You will learn how to sew, how to pattern and design.

If you really have passion on fashion design, then you may take this course. Must work hard during these 2 yrs, i heard is very intensive. Location near Ampang, KL. Cost about 60-80K i think (for the whole 2 yrs course).