SallyComMy

All about breastfeeding

janicelly,

forgot to mention, i try to store EBM, 4oz each in either bottles or bags. so... then can monitor my stock and how much my gal drinks. perhaps you can do the same, so your nanny won't go open a new pack just to get the extra oz out .

ya, i think i should do that liao. hope this evening when i talk to her she is ok la. need to find out more from her cos this morning i was rushing. thanks for your suggestion!

hi ViV,

may i know where do u attend the breastfeeding clases? and u have any idea where they have clases for moms n dads- to - be tat teaches the correct wat of bringing up an infant / baby.

thanks!

wen

wenwen.. i went to gleneagles intan medical centre..they have what they call parentcraft class for 1st timers and oso for refreshers.. all the basics la..

would like to ask mommy who has experience BF'ing here....my bb is 1 + mth now..it seems like he cant sleep well during day time and he wakes up almost every hr for BM..is that normal? when i feed him during day time, if the BM flow is slow, he'll scream so loud and end up crying...or else, he'll fall asleep while i BF him, then wake up in less than 5 mins time crying for BM again... At night, i afraid tat he might not hv enough milk then he cant sleep well, so i feed him formula b4 he goes to bed....the he'll wake up 2-3 hrs later for milk again. usually, i will feed him BM, then again, he'll wake up every 45 mins - 1 hr for milk again...help me!!

why some babies will only need to be fed every few hrs...but mine, every hr....why??? i feel like crying .....and tiring too...

hie makeup junk.

poor gal..the keyword here is perseverence..i told my hubby dat day,.if i hadnt been so stubborn abt wanting to exclusively bf my baby..id b giving up oredi..i had c sect and since that day, the longest im able to sleep are 2 hrs during nite time hehehe..my bb wakes up abt 3x at nite for feeding.

day time..try to put him to sleep on his tummy..i find dat it helps them to sleep better.. but have to jenguk2 lor..make sure nothing obstructing their nose..

I saw the nursing cover by the first years, selling at rm49.95 at isetan. hmmm.... not sure if can fully cover tummy or not. i still have stretch marks i don't want ppl to see, so am still looking around.

It's already 10 weeks and i still have alot of weight to lose :( can't fit in any of my old clothes and the pregnancy clothes make me look like i'm still pregnant :( so i went to buy a few pieces of clothings just to return to work. am still advised not to exercise coz i had a c-sec.

A preggie fren of mine told me she custom made this girdle set which costs about Rm2K to wear post natal to return to her old shape. anybody here wore that before?

I fully bf, and i also feel hungry almost all the time. if i cannot fall asleep in the middle of the night after feeding, i have to make myself a cup of hot drink, otherwise i can't sleep.

hie bumblebee.

i have the first years nursing cover..it wd certainly cover all.. :-).. apart from that there are some websites sellign them, various prices too, got some like apron, got some like a poncho style..

littlekittle.com/enzerubabynursingcover - very nice but exp

www.babyznmom.com/product_info.php/cPath/24/products_id/125 - 46k -a simpler and cheaper one

u know wat i did when i wanna bf in public..i buy those tubes.actually they sell sthing called tummytubes at fabulousmom.com..but they are kinda expensive..what i bought are normal tubes ..at jln tar..5rm/pc..wear it down at tummy area..so when lift your top, your tummy wont be exposed.

btw..i oso had c sect ,late dec..now eat like a horse..they say its normal when you bf.. hehehhe.. i hope so..but my bestfren sd, the tendency is that we tend to eat like dat when we stop bf ..she did after her boy reached 1 yr..said she put on 5kg in 1 month..oh no..!!

hie bumblebee.

i have the first years nursing cover..it wd certainly cover all.. :-).. apart from that there are some websites sellign them, various prices too, got some like apron, got some like a poncho style..

littlekittle.com/enzerubabynursingcover - very nice but exp

www.babyznmom.com/product_info.php/cPath/24/products_id/125 - 46k -a simpler and cheaper one

u know wat i did when i wanna bf in public..i buy those tubes.actually they sell sthing called tummytubes at fabulousmom.com..but they are kinda expensive..what i bought are normal tubes ..at jln tar..5rm/pc..wear it down at tummy area..so when lift your top, your tummy wont be exposed.

btw..i oso had c sect ,late dec..now eat like a horse..they say its normal when you bf.. hehehhe.. i hope so..but my bestfren sd, the tendency is that we tend to eat like dat when we stop bf ..she did after her boy reached 1 yr..said she put on 5kg in 1 month..oh no..!!

put on weight once baby weaned off? you gotta be kidding.... i am already fretting about on how to loose my current excess fat.

Yeah, i saw those tummy tubes at fabulousmom but found them expensive too. but Rm5 / pc? that's freakin cheap!! may I know where u bought them? Jalan TAR very long right? sorry, me from outstation.

I also saw the enzerubaby, but don't fancy those patterns available. At that price, can get those Hooter Hiders which carries really nice designs, but i don't think Malaysia has it. Anyway, might just get the first years cover. it's reasonably priced at Rm49.95.

Thanks for your reply yeah!

[

put on weight once baby weaned off? you gotta be kidding.... i am already fretting about on how to loose my current excess fat.

Yeah, i saw those tummy tubes at fabulousmom but found them expensive too. but Rm5 / pc? that's freakin cheap!! may I know where u bought them? Jalan TAR very long right? sorry, me from outstation.

I also saw the enzerubaby, but don't fancy those patterns available. At that price, can get those Hooter Hiders which carries really nice designs, but i don't think Malaysia has it. Anyway, might just get the first years cover. it's reasonably priced at Rm49.95.

Thanks for your reply yeah!

ooo.. u are not in kl huh.. heheh..soo sori

anyway.. u can buy any ol tube lor... i bought from dis store called pusat pakaian hari hari or sumthin..

can use any tube..one dat doesnt come with the spaghettie strap.. you gotta find a relatively suitable size coz you wanna pull them down to cover your tum..those micro tubes aint gonna do it heheheh.. anyway..pull it down, then wear any top on top. voila..tummy tube to go :-)

hi to all BF mums...

I am a mother to be also, I plan to bf my baby too.

I have a question, where do you normally store your breast milk after pumped it out, in a breast milk container or breast milk plastic, which is better?

hi to all BF mums...

I am a mother to be also, I plan to bf my baby too.

I have a question, where do you normally store your breast milk after pumped it out, in a breast milk container or breast milk plastic, which is better?

hi cassandra,

welcome to the club :lol: hehehehe.

for me, i will pump in the bottles that comes with my breastpump & once home, i will transfer to other milk bottles to be delivered to nanny the next morning. for extra milk, i will use either milk bottles, glass jar or milk bags. for milk bags, if you buy 4oz, you can only pour max 3/3.5oz cos milk will expand when frozen (the same goes for 8oz bags also, dont fill up to the brim). then, i will "stand" it in a container to avoid freezer burn.

hope this info helps!

I am using avent milk bottle. It have a cover for storing breast milk. Just change the cover with nipple when feeding baby. If not I used the cover without a nipple. It is quite convenience, also those cover can be use from 4oz to 9oz milk bottle.

Hi Everyone.. I'm new to this forum.. my bb is now 3 week plus old..hv been trying to "exclusively" breastfeed her.. but each time she shows "signs" that she is still hungry like wanting to put her hands in her mouth and moving her tongue.. when consulting the post natal nurse, she mentioned that its normal for kids to put their hands in their mouth and tongue movement does not necessarily means hungree.. (tho' i can't help it and am still worrying).. also, the bb sometimes sleep for onli 0.5 hr before making noise.. cd this be due to that she's hungry too?

So far my breast milk has been inconsistent (when pumped).. sometimes i get 2-3oz total .. sometimes onli 0.5 oz total..(and I thk 1 breast is producin more than the other.. my righty is mostly drip drip drip when pumping.. sigh).. I've started taking milkmaid's tea abt 2-3 days ago.. so far I've noticed no change.. any idea how else to increase milk supply? Now and then I contemplated supplementing the bb with formula cause she looks so "cham".. yet I hope to purely breastfeed her.. am in such a dilemma... at the same time, i get my CL telling me how come my milk so little (she's frequently implying that i'm not giving my bb enuff..)..

My confinement will be over in 1 week's time.. i'm sorta getting mood swings (normal and depress) as well.. glad that it's going to be over (and I get to take care of bb myself.. I thk the bb is familiar with the CL and i'm sort of jealous about it).. and yet worried that I can't cope.. sigh...

hi sunshine79,

congrats on your newborn baby!!! your baby is only 3 weeks old, still very small. do put baby to your breast as often as possible - feed on demand. the 1st few weeks are crucial for you to establish a good supply. please remember demand = supply.

as for your pumping output, dont worry about it 1st. i can barely get 1oz during the 1st month!!! and IGNORE you confinement lady (most confinement ladies are not knowledgable about breastfeeding & will keep pouring cold water on you)

milkmaid tea doesnt work for everyone but it's too early to tell in your case.

dont worry so much about supply 1st. just enjoy nursing your baby & establishing a good supply.

i've copied part of an article from www.kellymom.com to share with you. hope this will help.

Weeks two through six

How often should baby be nursing?

Frequent nursing in the early weeks is important for establishing a good milk supply. Most newborns need to nurse 8 - 12+ times per day (24 hours). You CAN'T nurse too often—you CAN nurse too little.

Nurse at the first signs of hunger (stirring, rooting, hands in mouth)—don't wait until baby is crying. Allow baby unlimited time at the breast when sucking actively, then offer the second breast. Some newborns are excessively sleepy—wake baby to nurse if 2 hours (during the day) or 4 hours (at night) have passed without nursing. Once baby has established a good weight gain pattern, you can stop waking baby and nurse on baby's cues alone.

The following things are normal:

Frequent and/or long feedings.

Varying nursing pattern from day to day.

Cluster nursing (very frequent to constant nursing) for several hours—usually evenings—each day. This may coincide with the normal "fussy time" that most babies have in the early months.

Growth spurts, where baby nurses more often than usual for several days and may act very fussy. Common growth spurt times in the early weeks are the first few days at home, 7 - 10 days, 2 - 3 weeks and 4 - 6 weeks.

Is baby getting enough milk?

Weight gain: The average breastfed newborn gains 6 ounces/week (170 grams/week). Consult with baby's doctor and your lactation consultant if baby is not gaining as expected.

Dirty diapers: Expect 3-4+ stools daily that are the size of a US quarter (2.5 cm) or larger. Some babies stool every time they nurse, or even more often--this is normal, too. The normal stool of a breastfed baby is yellow and loose (soft to runny) and may be seedy or curdy. After 4 - 6 weeks, some babies stool less frequently, with stools as infrequent as one every 7-10 days. As long as baby is gaining well, this is normal.

Wet diapers: Expect 5-6+ wet diapers every 24 hours. To feel what a sufficiently wet diaper is like, pour 3 tablespoons (45 mL) of water into a clean diaper. A piece of tissue in a disposable diaper will help you determine if the diaper is wet. After 6 weeks, wet diapers may drop to 4-5/day but amount of urine will increase to 4-6+ tablespoons (60-90+ mL) as baby's bladder capacity grows.

Milk supply?

Some moms worry about milk supply. As long as baby is gaining well on mom's milk alone, then milk supply is good. Between weight checks, a sufficient number of wet and dirty diapers will indicate that baby is getting enough milk

been trying to breastfeed but seems only little milk. :(

today is my 5th day after c-sec... and each time i pump, the milk is not even 1oz.... haiz..

n one of my nipples oredi bleed very teruk not to mention the pain..

shud i still continue BF ?? will the milk come more if i pump more ?? coz direct sucking by bb.. will lead to nipple cracking more..

My baby now is going to be 3 months. Let me share my breast feeding with you all.

When I start breast feeding in the 1st day after my baby borned, my milk supply is very little. It took me 3 hours to satisfied my baby hunger. Really tired and feel depress that time. Few days later due to wrong technique of breast feeding, I had a crack nipple at 1 side. It is painful everytime when baby start latching. Then I feed my baby only at the un-crack side.

Next thing is I'm had high fever due to engorgement. Until my hubby have to sent me to hospital in the middle of night. At time my temperature hit up to 41 degree C. At time my baby just born 2 week only. Doctor told me if the lump in my breast didn't go off, they will have to drain the milk block for me. Oh my GOD that is extremly painful process for me. Hubby took my breast pump to hospital, I'm pumping milk day and night in hospital. 1st is for my baby and other reason is to make the lump goes off. After 3 days staying in hospital, my boby temperature is stable, doctor allow me to go home. Thank GOD finally I no need go thru the draining process.

But yet, my breast milk is not enough to supply, everytime I pump is only about 2-3oz, sometime just about 0.5oz. I feel depress at that time and start thinking to give off. However, thinking off all the hard work I had try, it is not feasible to give up in the middle of the process. I continue my breast feeding project again. I started to consult some off my friend also few mummies in this forum. By taking their advise and experience I start look into my problem. I also consult the professional lactator, what is the correct way of breast feeding.

2 months later, I resume back to my work. During this time, finally my breast milk enough for my baby. Everytime when I think off those hard work I been thru is worth it. At last I had reach my goal and choose a best for my baby.

For those who plan to breastfeeding or just started to breast feed don't give up easily. Breast milk is base on demand on supply. More frequent you empty your breast more yield you will get. Oh well, begining of breast feeding is hard. In order to regular the milk supply, every 2 hours need to pump milk or feed the baby. Breast feeding required time, efford, technique and patient. Maybe that is why many people didn't breast feed their baby.

Again, for those breast feeding mom give a credit to yourself, the journey of breast feeding is not an easy way.

P/S: what is milkmaid tea? where i can get it? anyone please let me know.

Hi Everyone.. I'm new to this forum.. my bb is now 3 week plus old..hv been trying to "exclusively" breastfeed her.. but each time she shows "signs" that she is still hungry like wanting to put her hands in her mouth and moving her tongue.. when consulting the post natal nurse, she mentioned that its normal for kids to put their hands in their mouth and tongue movement does not necessarily means hungree.. (tho' i can't help it and am still worrying).. also, the bb sometimes sleep for onli 0.5 hr before making noise.. cd this be due to that she's hungry too?

So far my breast milk has been inconsistent (when pumped).. sometimes i get 2-3oz total .. sometimes onli 0.5 oz total..(and I thk 1 breast is producin more than the other.. my righty is mostly drip drip drip when pumping.. sigh).. I've started taking milkmaid's tea abt 2-3 days ago.. so far I've noticed no change.. any idea how else to increase milk supply? Now and then I contemplated supplementing the bb with formula cause she looks so "cham".. yet I hope to purely breastfeed her.. am in such a dilemma... at the same time, i get my CL telling me how come my milk so little (she's frequently implying that i'm not giving my bb enuff..)..

My confinement will be over in 1 week's time.. i'm sorta getting mood swings (normal and depress) as well.. glad that it's going to be over (and I get to take care of bb myself.. I thk the bb is familiar with the CL and i'm sort of jealous about it).. and yet worried that I can't cope.. sigh...

We are both alike - mommy and baby wise. i had been trying to breastfeed my princess exclusively also since birth. In the hospital, not a problem cos that hospital was breastfeeding friendly. They gave me my baby immediately once she was checked and cleaned so that I can breastfeed her. Once discharge from the hospital however, it was a different story. CL kept asking me why I dont have milk when she had an overflowing supply when she was pregnant 20 years ago!! I feel pressured by MIL also cos she keep asking me if baby is getting enough. I already nervous cos I know I am not giving enough milk to my baby. She wakes up every half to one hour after every feed the whole day. Tried to keep a positive attitude about breastfeeding. CL also kept telling me to buy milk formulae since my milk supply is so little. I just ask my MIL to buy a small can just to keep everyone quiet. Luckily, DH was very supportive of me breastfeeding the baby and perservered also until the 7th day. We went to see a GP to get a 2nd opinion but that dr was not supportive at all also. Keep telling us to feed formulae if we feel that baby is not getting enough. Sigh.. Then, my FIL got me a medicine called Metolon to help with the production of BM also. My gynae said that the medicine is safe and will help. Stopped taking the meds after 2 days cos I also dont want to overload my body with medicine. Already taking antibiotics (to prevent infection- i had epidural C section) and painkillers.

Eventually I reluctantly agreed to give 1 oz(the minimum that I allow) first and kept on breastfeeding. I only give her that 1 oz when I feel that baby is not geting enough BM within 6 hours. I was so afraid that baby didnt want BM anyone once she has been bottle fed with milk formulae. I am so relieved that baby is STILL prefer to suckle on my breast even though she has been bottle fed in the same feeding session. If I bottle feed her, (baby will still move her mouth and put her hands to her mouth) I will latch her on to my breast and usually she will sleep soundly after that...

So now, I am mixing baby's feed. Daytime, I have enough for her morning and afternoon feed. But after 8pm onwards, I have no more to BM to give baby. So I bottle feed till 6 or 7am the next morning. Baby wakes up,on the average about 2-3 hours now.

Went to see a lactation nurse yesterday and she recommended me to have later meals to allow my body time to produce more BM. Her recommendations are:

8-9am Breakfast

10.30am Brunch*

1-2pm Lunch

4-5pm Tea*

7-8pm Dinner

10pm Supper*

The in-between meals (*) are usually milo with bread or bsome biscuits. So will keep you guys informed if this helps.

I also worry about taking care of baby on my own. Just make sure you learn the basics from her. How to bath baby, change clothes, change diapers, if you havent already and it will be easier to make the transition.

Good Luck to you Sunshine79. Jia You!

I used to have this problem also, One breast produce only 60ml and another produce about 120ml!, it's the left side tht produce less, so i always start to feed my baby with left side of breast first, then the right side, amd pump out the the remaining in right milk~cause i feel that my baby suction is stronger than the breastpump~ hehe

i had over supply milk problem, my CL lady during confinement period and MIL make Fish soup or other chinese soups for me everyday and i drink like 2,3 bowl daily ( big bowl oh)... everyone sed maybe it's because of that i have so much milk, my boy is 9 months now and i still BF him and pump out extra 120ML every morning to store.

He still get choke sometimes during feeding cause after a few suckle my breast wil be engorged and the milk flow out too fast for him to take in~

heheheh~

i feel that taking more fluids help in increasing milk supply. hope this help~

been trying to breastfeed but seems only little milk. :(

today is my 5th day after c-sec... and each time i pump, the milk is not even 1oz.... haiz..

n one of my nipples oredi bleed very teruk not to mention the pain..

shud i still continue BF ?? will the milk come more if i pump more ?? coz direct sucking by bb.. will lead to nipple cracking more..

Hi BabyJazz,

Dun give up easily oh~ both my nipples bled and cracked the first nite after i delivered my baby, i only fed him about 2 times.

I showed my paed my nipple condition,

and ask her wat if bb suck in my blood when feeding? she told me not to give up and keeps feeding~ it will get better

and when she is inside my body already he take in alot of my blood, so it's not a problem~

hehe~

the second day in the morning i have to sit on the feeding room, hold him and BF him for 2.5 hours, he suck for awhile and fall asleep, when i try to pull out my nipple, he din allow and keeps sucking again, continuously for 2.5 hours me sitting there and holding him, imagine how tired i was especially just delivered the previous day... but i m glad those are over.. hehe~

u can either ask for some cream to apply from ur doctor, or just squeeze out some milk and apply back on ur nipple after feeding, that's wat the nurses in the hopsital taugh me~

Hi Baby jazz

First of all, congratulations on your newborn!

Secondly, welcome to the start of your breastfeeding journey. don't overpump as a first timer. You should concentrate on trying to get baby to latch on properly. If bb wants to feed, just continue to feed. Baby's tummy is very small at this stage, so itll be enough. In fact, at birth, should let bb suck so that they get some of the colostrum from you. Once the milk comes out, you've missed the chance. I feel pumping should only come in when you start to experience a little bit of engorgement. And don't overpump continuously for an hour or so, coz you might traumatize your breasts.

It's very normal to have engorgement from day 3-5 onwards. and yes, the sore/cracked nipples. I know it's as painful as hell, but don't give up. It'll get better in time.

I've been through bouts of engorgement and mastitis, experienced the throbbing pain deep in the breasts while still dealing with the pain from the cesarean, up to a point where the doctor almost wanted to put me on the drip for antibiotics, because my breasts were so engorged and the lumps were so painful, but I insisted on self help remedies first. And then, my supply was terribly low (I'm quite well endowed, so it was really embarrassing for me even to think that I have no milk). Sometimes it gets so painful, I just felt like dying and giving up.

Nipples do not crack so easily. It is likely you have sore nipples. remember to squeeze a little milk after your feeding session and air your breast. then put some nipple cream (medela works for me) to help keep it a little moist. remember to change your breast pad too.

I also agree taking in more fluids help with milk supply. In fact, i find hot drinks work for me coz it helps me to relax and hence promote letdowns.

My gal is 5 months now. I still exclusively bf and plan to do so for as long as I can. Hopefully it does not stop soon. It's not easy, but hey, since when being a mother is easy? :P It's really all about determination. For some, it might have been easy, but for me, it was not. but still, I will do whatever it takes.. endure the pain, make time and be discipline in keeping to the pumping/feeding time intervals, investing in a good pump and quality storage, don't think about the hassle of lugging the pump and backpack all over the place, etc... I always get comments like, wah... you so lucky, your supply is good.. i just nod and smile. Don't need to elaborate on the things I had to go through..

Honestly, to bf is a personal choice. You have to be willing to do it, with some encouragement of course. If you're forced to, you will never be determined enough. In fact, I really salute those mothers out there who will find all possible means to continue their bf journey, even up to the extent of trying to relactate. It really really helps alot if your own hubby is encouraging. Mine was, and try his very best to accommodate me, does not complain when I spent too much time and money on bf, and even find ways and method to help keep engorgement away.

Good luck yeah... pm me if you need somebody to talk to about the bf. I'm not an expert, but I can share my experience with you :)

hi ladies,

bumblebee really gave good advice up there! do persevere & things will improve!!! you can PM me too if you need any advice. me not expert either but am willing to share with you all.....

gambate!!!!!

My wifey was into the 2nd month of BF, bt especially during dinner time, she felt an unsettling feeling, some form of physchological disturbance, it has been happening for her for the pass 5 days of so, it will dissappear later on.

Anybody has the same experience?

Hey, allow me to correct something yeah? Since I have checked with 2 Breastfeed consultants cum Paed.

Please do not put anything on your nipple before or after delivery, during breastfeeding... The cream might block the duct instead of the milk. We get blocked ducts if we don't let the milk flow out. The best solution to sore and cracked nipples is using the breastmilk, breastmilk is the natural source to heal your nipple and it works like miracle. I went through that! Alcohol doesn't affect your milk supply, but it affect the baby if you take too much. Just pour the dome or any alcohol into your dish before you turn off the gas, let it boil for a while, and let the alcohol evaporated. It should work the same... :)

Breastfeeding is very easy, you just need strong determination. Weaning is 10 times harder, that's why I am still breastfeeding my girl though she is passed 1 yr old.... Sigh....

Hi Viv,

I am so glad i manage to read this post. Actually I did sapu cream on my breast but I avoid nipple area, so should be ok right :unsure: ?

I am headache about alcohol & ginger in our food during confinement too cos I am scared alcohol will harm baby but I know if i ask my mom not to prepare alcohol dishes sure will kena!! Maybe i will tell her to do what you posted here, to let it boil for a while to let the alcohol evaporated.

I think you are very good ler, can breastfeed for so long! Breastmilk is the best!!! I gotta take you as my example already, hehehe. I hope I am determine enough!!!

Just to add a line - Wine mostly will lose it's alcohol content after boiling. So don't worry, the ginger wine chicken is safe to consume. But don't drink dom directly. If you really need to take, double boil it with 1 bottle of brands of chicken with 1 pack of dom. With this double boil method for 3 hours, the alcohol in dom already evaporated and no more alcohol content. But too much ginger will cause baby to have red rashes via. the breastmilk

I saw this alcohol article in the website. When we cook wine, the alcohol contents disappears.

By the way - Sally - How do we stow the breastmilk in the fridge. How many days can it last? My friends keep it in the freezer fearing of bacteria contamination. I'm a new mother, 5 months pregnant now. Opting to breastfeed, for better health & save cost.

Hey, allow me to correct something yeah? Since I have checked with 2 Breastfeed consultants cum Paed.

Please do not put anything on your nipple before or after delivery, during breastfeeding... The cream might block the duct instead of the milk. We get blocked ducts if we don't let the milk flow out. The best solution to sore and cracked nipples is using the breastmilk, breastmilk is the natural source to heal your nipple and it works like miracle. I went through that! Alcohol doesn't affect your milk supply, but it affect the baby if you take too much. Just pour the dome or any alcohol into your dish before you turn off the gas, let it boil for a while, and let the alcohol evaporated. It should work the same... :)

Breastfeeding is very easy, you just need strong determination. Weaning is 10 times harder, that's why I am still breastfeeding my girl though she is passed 1 yr old.... Sigh....

Hi Viv,

I am so glad i manage to read this post. Actually I did sapu cream on my breast but I avoid nipple area, so should be ok right :unsure: ?

I am headache about alcohol & ginger in our food during confinement too cos I am scared alcohol will harm baby but I know if i ask my mom not to prepare alcohol dishes sure will kena!! Maybe i will tell her to do what you posted here, to let it boil for a while to let the alcohol evaporated.

I think you are very good ler, can breastfeed for so long! Breastmilk is the best!!! I gotta take you as my example already, hehehe. I hope I am determine enough!!!

Just to add a line - Wine mostly will lose it's alcohol content after boiling. So don't worry, the ginger wine chicken is safe to consume. But don't drink dom directly. If you really need to take, double boil it with 1 bottle of brands of chicken with 1 pack of dom. With this double boil method for 3 hours, the alcohol in dom already evaporated and no more alcohol content. But too much ginger will cause baby to have red rashes via. the breastmilk

I saw this alcohol article in the website. When we cook wine, the alcohol contents disappears.

By the way - Sally - How do we stow the breastmilk in the fridge. How many days can it last? My friends keep it in the freezer fearing of bacteria contamination. I'm a new mother, 5 months pregnant now. Opting to breastfeed, for better health & save cost.

I;m taken dom when on my confinement, I do breastfeed my child, but wat I do is, before i drink the dom, I'll pump my my milk 1st then let the CL to feed the baby, then I only direct feed my boy after 2 hours later. I think is also safe.

Dear Mothers, World Breastfeeding Week (WBW) 1st - 7th August. WBW is being celebrated in over 120 countries worldwide & this is the 17th year: We are targeting for 100+ mothers to breastfeed simultaneously on the day and so are appealing to you and all our members to come along for this special day. Please make the effort.

Date : Aug 2, 2008

Time : 8.30 a.m - 1.00pm

Venue : Bayview Hotel, Georgetown

With door gifts, booths, games and lunch, we hope this will be a memorable day. See program agenda :

- Welcome speeches and registrations

- 1 minute simultaneous breastfeeding - Quiz- Babywearing fashion show- Baby crawling competition- Napkin wearing competition- Lunch (F.O.C. for mothers and breastfed children, lunch for husband/helper can be arrange upon request at RM20.00 / head, pre-registration is needed)

To register for the event please email your full name and head counts to pgmmps@gmail.com by the 25th Jul. The first 100 mothers registered will receive a T-shirt.

If you know any mothers who may wish to come to the event but they haven't got email then you can email their handphone number to Loh (as above) and she will send out an s.m.s. invitation.

See you there,

From your PG Mother-to-Mother Peer Support group (MMPS)

--

MMPS is on Facebook.

Join Us there too!!!

Come lah join us....!!!

I heard that KL oso have mass breastfeeding event lah...in Lake Titiwangsa?

Are you aware of that?