SallyComMy

All about breastfeeding

beautifulgown: u mean bring my breastpump express during hot shower or just use hand to manually express while taking shower? thanks for your tips

ttanny: I dont think it's becoz of the chillies u ate during pregnancy. I ate lot's of chillies too. But i notice that everytime i consume something heaty my baby will have heat rash the next day. So i stop having those chicken essence with brandy (eventhough boiled for 2 hours no more liquor liao it's still too heaty for my baby) or food with too much ginger or rice wine.

yivoon: yeah i do feel proud as well when i'm asked what formula my baby is on. My baby was only 2.8kg when she was born but at 2mths she's already 5.4kg. She's very solid and heavy. Who said breastfed babies cannot 'grow meat'. lol

That is so true. BM fed baby's flesh is always very solid (padat) wan. Last week my MIL and aunties-in-law touched my baby and asked whether I mix FM for him. I said no, 100% on BM. Then they touched my cousin-in-law's baby son who is being fed BM + FM (I was not around that time). They told me his flesh is more flabby...

Last time I consumed Enfamama milk during pregnancy and registered as member. Since then from time to time the customer service will called me. Then 2 times again after giving birth, the customer service asked me what formula milk I gave my baby. I replied BREASTMILK. 100% BREASTMILK. Since then I nvr received call from them anymore :lol:

One more week and I have to get back to work already. The sad thing is, I still do not have enough for my girl. She is taking around 80ml per feed now and I can only pump out 80ml max on good days. Sometimes only 60ml. Sigh. My fridge is still empty till now.

I am letting her suck as much as possible and I would pump after she finish. I would wake up at night to pump as well. CL said I am the only one client that she fail to help BF successfully.

Then these few days, my girl refuse to take bottle during certain time and she wants to suck my nipple to sleep. I can't afford to do that now as I need to go back to work already. She would cry and make noise and reject the pacifier and bottle till she is tired and sleep. Pity her la.

my girl alwaz suck until sleep too but i only let her suck during feeding time. Now days i found that she dun really like my boobs as much as before :(

so fast u need to start work? don't be too stress on ur supply, it's better than not giving at all. Gambadeh ya :)

femm22,

Manually express while taking hot shower =)

angel T,

you are right, fully BM baby more solid and today we went out to kai kai and many people asking us what FM we gave to potato, cos she was so solid and 'yong' =D hahahaha I told them, the best and the best mummy's milk milk =P

and those with FM, alto they are big but they are not solid as you said they are more flabby.

I just back to work for one week, due to my irregular working hours, I can't BF my son at the same times everyday as I need to work night shift sometimes.... last Friday was my first day on night shift, my boy refuse on bottle since I last BF him at 3pm, he keep crying till he tired, and fall asleep, wake up and cry again, till 8pm only he want to drink. I feel so sad. What can I do?

ttany,

Well, the benefits of breastmilk alone is a great motivator for me to persevere. You must remember, they DON'T nurse every 2 hours forever, your boobs won't leak forever, etc etc. Just take it 1 day at a time! Things do get better. Just keep that in mind & you'll find things easier to handle.

Re rash, just wipe your boob with clean cloth with warm water before you latch him on & wipe his face too. Don't think chilli is the culprit la.

As for breastpads, I am surprised you found Bebe's stickers bad. I used to use a lot earlier & have no issues with this brand (until they naik harga :p). After the price hike, Pigeon's are more economical. I stuck with Pigeon ever since & have no regrets. Quality wise, better then Bebe.

Yes, Medela have milk collection shells. I bought & used before. It's easy to wash & use too.

femm22,

Oh dear! Hope you are feeling better now!

cutey,

Cup/spoon/syringe feed him! Just be patient, he'll need time to adjust too. May I know who is feeding him while you are away? Get that person to wear your t shirt (worn by you) so s(he) will smell like you & if possible, carry him the way when you BF him. Good luck!

hi, any idea to have more breastmilk?? been breastfeeding for the past 3 weeks but stop for 2days since im not feeling well. since im taking medicine, i din give my bb drink BM. after 2 days, my BM seems like getting lesser n lesser liao. :dash2:

it was my mistake tat i din pump it out althou bb cant drink it.

wat should i do now?? HELP!!!

Sweetie_kua, you should try to latch on as much as you can... but surprisingly, if you don't pump / feed for 2 days (48 hours), u dun feel pain / engorged?

cutey,

Cup/spoon/syringe feed him! Just be patient, he'll need time to adjust too. May I know who is feeding him while you are away? Get that person to wear your t shirt (worn by you) so s(he) will smell like you & if possible, carry him the way when you BF him. Good luck!

Thanks Janicelly, is my hubby who feed him when I'm not around at night, will ask him to use cup/spoon/syringe tonight. But during day time, my boy accept bottle when my mum feed him, so funny.

Since last few day dunno why my boy suddenly change, he used to wake up up twice at night, but now he wakes up 4 times! Every times he latch for 5 min then sleep again, and wont wake up no matter what I do (rub his leg, ear loop, hold him in different position...) after 1 or 1.5 hour he wakes up again and ask for milk. I just can't get enough sleep for the last few days...do any mummies experience the same?

Hi sweetie _kua,

you didn't pump for 2 days and don't feel engorge at all? maybe you try the following:

1) pump more frequent (every 2 hours)

2) try to massage in the middle of pumping

3) pump after every feed even your bb drain your breast

i tried the above and it works for me, i used to pump 3oz every 3 hours and now i got 4oz every 3 hours, i cant pump too often after i back to work, hopefully my supply wont drop.

hope it helps :smile:

cütěy, maybe ur boy is having a growth spurt?

By the way, side track a bit ar.... I have a question for mummies here. We hv to sterilize milk bottles till baby reaches what age?

Around 7 mths actually as I read that baby's tummy is more matured. I stopped sterilizing things...even her toys. I figured that since she can take solids, she needs to ingest some sort of bacteria - exposure and such. But of course I draw the line when it comes to food on the floor and the outdoors la. Basic hygiene still applies. :)

SweetieKua,

Why do you think you can't BF baby when you are taking medicine? Just tell doc you are BFing & he'll prescribe you with safer alternatives. I've never stopped BFing even though I was sick.

The basic rule is no latch on, must pump. The rest gave you good tips on how to get back your supply. Good luck.

cutey,

Agree with Angel T about the growth spurt.

Get hubby to wear your T shirt. Ask him to sapu a bit of EBM on the teat to "lure" him to the bottle. Maybe the way your hubby feed & hold him is different from your mom? Tell him to observe how your mom hold & feed him. The cup/spoon/syringe feed is alternatives when baby refused bottle because too long gap without a feed for him is not good. Good luck.

Angel T,

Honestly, I continued sterilizing breast pump parts & bottles way till 2nd year, hehehe. Even now, I still rinse everything with hot water after I stopped sterilizing. Just a habit of mine I guess :)

Today marked the 3rd year of my breastfeeding journey!! I am so happy I can still continue & here is to another year XD. Too happy & just wanna share with you all BFing mommies, hehehehe

Sweetie_kua, you should try to latch on as much as you can... but surprisingly, if you don't pump / feed for 2 days (48 hours), u dun feel pain / engorged?

bearbear,

am sure sure about Sweetie_kua, but for myself, i sudden wean my gal. Didn't really wean her gradually as what most have suggested. Probably bcoz I have a very low supply all along even though I did pump every 2 hours, I can go up to 1 week without pump before I started to feel some engorgement.... :P

sigh, now my mum can't bottle feed my boy also, he just keep crying and cant even spoon feed, 7 hours only take 5oz... :sad: even the 5oz take long times to finish, he just bite the teat and refuse to suck.

oh my god, during growth spurt but he getting less milk...my HB and mum start asking me to reduce the time for BF and ask me bottle feed my boy instead, i feel so sad but on the other hand worry he didn't get enough milk if he continue like that.... should i listen to them???

Janice, I salute u! Good job at breastfeeding.

OK lah, I will continue with the sterilization a little longer. Agree with Mabel about introducing some bacteria 'discreetly'. Ha ha ha...

cütěy, my baby also drink less milk during growth spurt last time @ 3 mths. It's only temporary, although now that he's teething, the cycle is back again. MIL fed him more frequently although the amount of milk he consume is lesser - cup feeding, syringe, bottle. His weight gain didn't increase too much, but at least he's reaching his developmental milestone - active, happy and healthy.

I know some of my frens intro solid food when their babies are 4 mths because bb dun wan to drink milk but honestly, I think it's better to wait till baby reaches 6 mths for many good reasons.

cutey,

Yeah, just wait for 6 month before intro solid as their intestine not mature enough yet. And will absorb anything pass thru it therefore more prone to allergies (read somewhere). I think what angel suggest is good.. Feed him more frequently.

janicelly,

wow, 3 yrs~~~ congratulations....

wonder do you gals supplement your babies/toddlers with formula/ fresh milk if u are still breastfeeding like janicelly does till 3 yrs old?

reason is i found out that my BM is getting quite watery (less fat) lately, worry if my girl not getting enough nutrien...