SallyComMy

All about breastfeeding

It's normal for her milk intake to drop so just make sure that her solids are balanced - equal servings of fruit and veg with grains daily plus one to two servings of protein (from dairy based products or egg yolks or lentils) a week and from different colour groups. Can give her finger food as snacks as well to help her move from a liquid smooth texture to lumpy, thicker textures. Easier transition to adult food once she turns 1 yo.

I can give egg yolks to her even b4 1st bday??? I am also wishing to give her finger food but look at those baby bite I am worry its ingredient worry just make up of sugar but no other nutrition... I saw the organix finger food its like http://www.organix.com/goodies/our-foods/cheese-herb-puffs or http://www.organix-shop.co.uk/raspberry-bb...-cakes-63-p.asp at Cold Storage but donno is good to offer or not but they have slogan said "No Junk Promise"

egg yolk can be given 8/9 months onwards.. egg white after 1st bday, if there is not allergy history in family... i followed the same way for my kid.. so far ok

I only have one PD....used to see another one and then I switched after the first visit because she said that rectal thermometers are not accurate and painful for infants. =.=

Cathy, can introduce after Bernice turns 9 mths old. I used to give Eva finger foods from organic brands - Organix is good but avoid the raspberry cake first because raspberry is highly allergenic - intro after 10-11 mths or preferably 12 mths. If you can find Healthy Times, they have very good teething biscuits and puffs too. Eva used to gnaw on them until her face was all dirty.

great ^^ later I go to cold storage to shopping :happy: see can find the brand u recommend Thx :lol:

I only have one PD....used to see another one and then I switched after the first visit because she said that rectal thermometers are not accurate and painful for infants. =.=

Cathy, can introduce after Bernice turns 9 mths old. I used to give Eva finger foods from organic brands - Organix is good but avoid the raspberry cake first because raspberry is highly allergenic - intro after 10-11 mths or preferably 12 mths. If you can find Healthy Times, they have very good teething biscuits and puffs too. Eva used to gnaw on them until her face was all dirty.

Can I please check which Cold Storage did you found Organix? I thought it wasn't available in M'sia & have been asking my Mum to get from me from SG.

I've been letting my 7 month self feed the plain rice cakes. Tastes like Styrofoam to me but don't want him eating flavored stuff where possible :lol:

Everyday we prepared very simple porridge .. learn from a friend, cook the ikan bilis soup and use the soup to boil the porridge and for the porridge will put in vege like carrot (her favourite), tomato, brocolli and we are going to introduce pumpkin, hopefully she will like it. I'm yet to put in dry scallop, don't know will she like it or not.

Eee wait .. this thread is abt breastfeeding oh =P

Can I please check which Cold Storage did you found Organix? I thought it wasn't available in M'sia & have been asking my Mum to get from me from SG.

I've been letting my 7 month self feed the plain rice cakes. Tastes like Styrofoam to me but don't want him eating flavored stuff where possible :lol:

i found organix at subang parade CS, but sadly, these days i dont see them there anymore.

Yeah looks and taste like styrofoam... baby wasnt pleased either.. end up i just use them in his cereal or with fruits.. it softens up easily in liquid

Hi. Would like to ask breastfeeding mummies... do you take any supplements?

How to increase breast milk production? I managed to pump out 3 ounces on my 6th day, but somehow for the past 2 days my milk supply that I pump out has become less.

Can try to get Organix from Sunway Giza Village Grocer, Cold Storage in 1U New Wing.

crazygal,

BB won't be allergic to our BM but the food we eat :p. Any reason you are asking this question?

lovelypastels,

I continued taking my prenatal vits.

Re pumping, are you double pumping? Are you latching on baby? 1st few weeks crucial to let baby latch on round the clock to establish our supply. If for any reason you can't, then aim to pump every 2-3 hour daytime & every 3-4 hours midnite. DO NOT skip midnite pumps. Aim to pum/latch on AT LEAST 8-12 times per 24 hours.

dear all mommies,

my company want me to attend 2 days seminar at one hotel.

now i'm headache because i can find time to pump, maybe during lunch break

but then how i keep the bm?

thanks in advance!

crazygal,

BB won't be allergic to our BM but the food we eat :p. Any reason you are asking this question?

Last week I have a dinner with lots of prawns.. after the dinner I latch my daugther.. the next day I saw her body's join all red like nappy rash.. I was wander is she allergy with my milk that day as I have lots of prawns... so far that is the first time I saw her have such issue.. but before that I did consume prawns too just that not as much as that day's dinner... is that means my daugther allergy with prawns..?? I didnt ate any other food other than prawns... :unsure:

Crasygal, dobyou hv a history of eczema? If yes, your baby could b prone to allergies. I hv eczema and hv to b v careful with what I eat so that I don't cause my bb to hv any allergies. Food to avoid are dairy products (these cause gas in babies too), shellfish and nuts. I was v careful in avoiding these food for my first daughter (even when I was pregnant) and I think it pays off coz now she's nearly 2 doesn't hv any eczema. So doing the same now for my No2.

Ally's Mom

no we have no eczema history (husband and my family).. but I have sensitive skin and I allergy with sotong.. Im not sure is it my gal allergy with prawn.. coz that day I try to have more than 5 prawns she have no issue with it :(

Crasygal, I suppose after that episode you hv taken prawns but your girl is ok, then it probably not your BM that caused her rashes. It could b other things like her clothes, bedsheet, etc.

agyy,

sorry to mislead u.. its 1 OZ not 10 OZ.. how I wish to get 10 OZ of breastmilk.. even now I cant get 10 OZ too.. max I can get is 7-8 OZ per pump.. :blush:

when I dont have enough breastmilk I gave my bb formular too.. but I did not follow the instruction from the formular milk package.. I gave my girl lesser... e.g. the instruction show 1-3 months give 3 OZ with 1 spoon of formular (its depends of the instruction from the formular different brand provide different instruction) I gave my girl 3 OZ 1/2 spoon formular.. the reason I do so is because I scare she dont want to have my breast milk after I introduce her the formular so I gave her less formular... I only gave her formular 2 times per day.. when she have formular milk I try to express out my breast milk as much as possible and store in the freezer.. that time I express out my milk every 3 hrs now fully breast milk.. :smile:

I latch her during mid-nite.. reason is I lazy to wake up to give her formular or warm up the milk and wash the milk bottle... who knonws my laziness become an effective way to increase my breastmilk coz I let her latch as much as possible... :lol: when my girl at ur bb she wake up every 1 1/2-2 hrs for milk.. I was so tired and lazy so just feed her direct.. half way both of us fall into sleep together.. :tongue:

dont give up and dont feel sad.. I understand how u feel coz I was at that situation before.. I almost give up too... I tell myself I have to continue... I want to give the best to my daugther... also bcoz our laziness so I continue to latch her.. :lol:

Hi all BF mum.. I would like to know when u guys BF ur bb will ur bb's poo in dark green colour?? this few days my girl's poo in dark green colour.. I ask her pead.. she said is normal and ask us dont worried.. I also check what Ive ate for pass few days and this few days.. I ate as b4 just that now I ate more vege compare to meat..

some old ppl told me this is the sign of teething... my bb just 3 mths old couldnt be that fast right... Im worried now... :sad:

Hi ALL BF moms,

You know how it is with Chinese confinement where they make a lot of alcohol based food and also you are required to drink those DOM and MARTELL alcohol....

My question is, if i consume alcohol, do they get passed on to my baby wen i BF? is this good or bad? Any way i can avoid this without stopping the alcohol consumption?

Also another question abt BF, does all the food we eat get passed from our breast milk to our babies?

Yes, it gets passed on to baby via your breastmilk and so does food - which is how some babies can develop allergies to certain things their mummies eat.

If you still have to drink DOM or Martell, drink immediately after your feed. Alcohol is purged from the body after 2 hours so it's just in time for your next feed. Next option is to put booze in your food during cooking. Cooking causes the alcohol to evaporate so you're just left with the flavour and no booze itself.

Hi,

My girl is 9.5 mths & fully on EBM but recently my milk supply is getting lower....from my peak time of 40oz a day now drop to 30 to 26oz a day & keep dropping... although my supply is still enough for demand & with extra now but I wonder if keep dropping will dried up 1 day... I drink nursing tea but not really help... (thinking to take fenugreek seed again???)

I wonder is that a norm or I need to do anythings to boost up my supply?