Pearl International Hotel @ Old Klang Road
Posted 11 December 2007 - 04:55 PM
Posted 11 December 2007 - 05:57 PM
I've been to my friend's wedding there a couple of months ago. There are 3 ballrooms and so coincedently, 3 weddings were held on that day.
- No doubt there are posters of 3 couples at the main entrance, we still almost went to the wrong one, coz my friend's ballroom happened to be the inner one
- Ballroom wise, high ceiling with chandeliers, not bad. But there are at least 2 polls which might block a couple of tables. The entrance to the main table and stage is quite short, as compared to some ballrooms like Sheraton Subang, Cyberview Lodge, Holiday Villa Subang, Saujana (sorry, I can only compare with these coz I have only been to these few ).
- Seat and table covers are new and clean. Main table's centerpiece, flower stand and stage backdrop with fairylights are quite nice. The dummy cake looks really dummy and tilted side ways like almost toppled though . Probably this can be solved.
- I wouldn't say bad. but can't expect much from hotels. Steam fish and poached prawns were not very fresh. Other dishes were quite cold probably due to 3 weddings on that night itself.
- The food presentation was quite unique as there was a mini-stage drama being performed on the stage.
- The food came out too fast during the 1st few dishes, we didn't even manage to finish half of the dish before the other dish was served. And worse, the waiter/waitress didn't even ask us whether they could take away the earlier dishes, considering that we were still eating and scooping from the plates . They practically 'throw' the dishes on the table, spilling the gravy/soup. We suspect some of them were part timers.
- Service was not quite good. No one refill our drinks most of the time, so we ended up self-service
These are just my 2 cents...maybe it was just a specific case/experience. Others might have their point of views
Posted 11 December 2007 - 07:25 PM
Yeah, she also said they have hold 3 weddings dinner before in a same day... The part on the service part is what I'm quite worried about...
hahaha, I know what you meant by the dummy cake looks really dummy... hehehe....
But thanks again for your frank feedback..
Posted 02 May 2008 - 06:43 PM
Posted 02 May 2008 - 06:58 PM
I attended a wedding there couple of months back, overall is ok just that some of the food is cold when served to our table. Perhaps u want to remind them about this? But overall their food taste quite okay, except that it's a bit cold lor~
Posted 02 May 2008 - 07:22 PM
Posted 06 May 2008 - 11:39 AM
Food wise so so..
Posted 06 May 2008 - 11:40 AM
Posted 02 July 2008 - 04:16 AM
Posted 02 July 2008 - 09:40 AM
few thing i need to say is their service and food,
about service... i think because of they hired somekind of bangladesh people, so they can't understand what we want, can you imagine i just want a hot chinese tea but i need to explain a minute but still gave me orange juice? and my friend not even get what she want.
Food i can say are expected~~ because many of us will say "hotel food not nice and cold one".... so that was the condition....
but overall environment ok la.... only service and food not good.
Posted 02 July 2008 - 10:17 AM
thanks for the feedback.. I'll let the salesperson know and hopefully will improve la they all...
Posted 12 April 2011 - 11:09 AM
Posted 12 April 2011 - 01:00 PM