sharon

Kidchan studio

Hi! I'm new here. Just get to know that Kidchan is in this forum as well. Hope he will c this thread.

I stay in penang but my wedding will be held in KL. I had sent an email last month to kidchan@portraitone and the reply was very fast. coz i'm asking about the AD photography packages. the email have another office manager email add and contact no. when i reply the email (to kidchan and the off. manager) it just bounced back and failed to delivered (which i dun know why). :(

after a few attemps, i decided to contact the offis manager with sms and she call me back directly. then she promise to send another email to me to clarify my doubts about the packages. but til now, 2 weeks already still i didnt get any email from them. i just feel so disappointed. i thought want to clarify my doubts before i have to travel to KL and visit them. However, this had already make me lost confidence in kidchan studio. :D

i not try to condemn kidchan studio. just want to say out my disappointment. hope u gals understand. :(

yea...finding an actual day photographer is can be quite a disappointing and tedious process.

but lucky for us, there are many good photographers out there. Be patient sharon!!

Looking for an actual day photographer is rather difficult? Ah well, it depends on the photographers' reputation and AVAILABLITY.

See, sometimes the bride wants this and that and do not realise that the AD photographer might be booked far in advance. Personally I have declined a quite a few couples due to being booked by another couple.

That said, it is always recommended to book the photographer the moment you see that you liked his / her work.

The problem to AD photographers is that they are only available for ONE AD event per day. Most of the times, newlyweds ALWAYS & I mean ALWAYS seemed to choose Saturdays and Sundays or Public Holidays to get married. Then again, how many weekends are there in a year?

REMEMBER THIS, different photographers have different styles even if they came from the same studio.

I do not know Kidchan personally though I'm a photographer myself but I do respect his work that he has done for the many couples INCLUDING Royalty. Give him another chance-lah.... or if you would like me to do your northern Penang one just PM / Call me.

I am actually taking Eric Wong for my actual day. He is reasonable with price and I am comfortable with him coz I met up with him personally. I think that communication is important otherwise all hell break lose... :) If anyone wants to contact him.. erwcw@yahoo.com. tell him ai Lin recommended ;)

Thanks, anthena. I think i just need to be patient and source for the photographer then. ;)

Jetfynn,

I do agree what u said here. Is not easy for the bride to be to get the photographer they want, as nowadays the market is very huge. still i'm sure we all are concern with our budget and the understanding of the price and service before we make our final decision is crucial. Although sometimes, everything is ok except the photographer was booking early by other couple. I do understand this situation and sometimes it really depends on ur luck. :) Therefore the communication between the couple and the photographer is important.

For kidchan, i do admire his work and i'm sure he got a very good creditbility as well. Just i feel disappointed by not entertain after the email or even the call to them. But still i'm sure he done a very good job for every couple. Maybe i dun hv any faith with kidchan studio kua. ;)

ailin,

I do like eric wong works as well, I will try email him and c the outcomes then. Thanks for the email. :D

Perhaps u gals can see this also AD Wedding Photographer try to get some idea there

Hey ailin,

I've just checked out Eric Wong's website ... his works are quite good I must say ... I might consider engaging him for my AD leh ... I've just sent an email to him requesting for the quotation ... by the way, mind sharing with me roughly what is the range he is charging?

Hey, if i'm not mistaken, I saw that in some of the wedding photos, our malaysian PM was inside leh! :o You have any idea who's wedding was that ah? Seems like to me he is quite a reputable photographer leh ...

Dear sharon

I think you should really call them and clarify.

Becos I have a very different experience with the them.

In fact I am very impressed with their high level of service.

Their email & response to me were very prompt.

You see I was hoping to either engage Kid or his team for my wedding but they were already booked. Kid was booked 18 months before my wedding day & his team just before hubby dearest finally agreed.

At the consultation, Kid Chan really made me and Alvin feel like a million bucks. A VERY famous personality was made to wait for him to wrap up our meeting , and he even took the time to walk us to our car.

This is after knowing that we are not buying anything from them.

So he reffered me to other photographers. Not only that, Shirlyn (Kid's Wife aka the office manager) actually felt sorry for us and gave us a complimentary weddingsmalaysia guide,which was very helpful in finding our other vendors.

I can really vouch for Kid Chan Studio. I think it's is so amazing that although being such a big and sought after studio, Kid and his team remain so humble and helpful.

So call them okay?

Hi Lily,

Well, i guess everyone will hv different experience with different photographer. To me, i think Kid Chan works is brilliant and no doubt on it. I just told myself, maybe they r busy and forget my case. Anyway, i will try contact them again. Coz next week i will be in KL and hopefully will hv a chance to meet them then. Currently i stay in Penang. Hope i will hv more positive feedback from them then. Thanks.. :)

Lily,

Thank you for you kind words:)

Dear Sharon,

Greetings! Firstly please accept our sincere apologies. Let me assure you that our team always strive to be on our level best when handling our typical 40-60 queries weekly.

Wow! Sharon you are based in Penang? This year we are due to photographed in Penang at least THRICE:)

So, when exactly is your wedding? I will ensure you will get a "Good Price" for the inconvinience that we have caused, of course subject to the availability of our photographers.

Please feel free to contact me at 012 215 9933 should you have any further queries.

Thank you!

Hi kidchan,

Just feel great to hear from u. Actually last week i was in KL but i'm too busy on surveying the BS and wedding banquet, therefore dun hv enough time to visit ur studio. Anyway, i will call u later and hope i can use ur service then. :rolleyes:

Hi kidchan,

Just feel great to hear from u. Actually last week i was in KL but i'm too busy on surveying the BS and wedding banquet, therefore dun hv enough time to visit ur studio. Anyway, i will call u later and hope i can use ur service then. :rolleyes:

Sharon,

Hope you had a great time in kl. Btw have you got the WeddingsMalaysia Planner?

Hi KidChan,

Hope you had a great time in kl. Btw have you got the WeddingsMalaysia Planner?

Planner? Issit a magazine?

Sharon,

Sometimes, the office admin is too bz with their work and i think they r not really mean to forget abt u :lol:

Just give KidChan for another chance ;)

anyone know if kid chan has a package with atelier x? that's what i've heard and there has been good feedback to both their works. anyone used anyone of them b4?

kidchan is a famous photographer..

anyone know if kid chan has a package with atelier x? that's what i've heard and there has been good feedback to both their works. anyone used any of them b4?

kidchan is a famous photographer..