Citrine

Honeymoon in Korea or Tokyo, which one more interesting and affordable?

Me and my husband planned to have our honeymoon 1-2 months after our wedding. We hope to have an Autumn Honeymoon. I have done some researches and get to know that November is the Autumn season in Korea and Japan. Anyone who have been to these 2 countries before, mind to share the experiences with me? And also please let me know the differences between this 2 countries. Which one is more beautiful in Autumn??? We hope to have a budget tour as well as we still do not know how much we are going to spend for our banquet.

i think it's depends on what you want.... by the way, it's if am not mistaken, package to tokyo is much more expensive than going to korea...

Most of my friends had bad comments abt Korea... :( but I see the pictures feel so interesting there.. wondering why they said so... I want to have free n easy trip for Japan, Tokyo. But we do not know how to make booking with the Japan Hotel... seem like very hard to fulfill my dream.... :(

For the free and easy Japan - Tokyo trip, how much do I need to prepare including the air fare, accomodation and daily expenses? Let's say we stay there for 6D5N. Anyone who been there before, please give me some guides. As I need to discuss this with my HB before we make any decision.

i think of going korea for my honeymoon as well in end of this year,so tat i can hv a white christmas.anyone hv idea on around how much it cost for mayb one week trip or less?

i used to c some promotion,it cost around RM2,500 per pax for 6D5N.japan cost double of it if i m not mistaken la..i think of going korea free n easy cos i hv fren there.but then it might cost more than i follow tour,m i right?pls advice.thanks

I am doing research also :) Please share with me if you have any ideas...

I do not like to follow group trip because my brother's gf was a tour guide. She told me that the tour guide will bring you go shopping, shopping and shopping. If you buy more things, they can earn more commission. This is why I dun like to follow the group trip. You will have lesser chance to enjoy the sight seeing, you will spend most of the time on shopping only.

Hi all,

I have been to Korea twice. Once was during summer world cup game was held, another time was during winter chinese new year. Well if any of u plan to go cheju island, then max 3 days will be more than enough just travel in the island alone, i guess. Last time i got the map with the sightseeing spot included, then we reserved a taxi for daily charge for the whole trip in Cheju. Cheju island is more to greenery and natural scene. One of the dishes i loved the most was the seafood hotpot with spicy soup. If u prefer themepark n city life, then seoul will b more suitable since u can go to lotte world (themepark) and also visit their museum, sorak mountain, the palace etc. If travel to Korea in winter then u might like to try their spring water and skiing, snowboard activities. But usually the tour package for Korea will start from around 2.5k.

Those who like to go to Japan for sakura, feb n march will b the best time. But during this 2 months will b the peak season, so very expensive too. Min start from 4k (airport tax and fuel charges excluded). I might also going japan for honeymoon. Many friends n family members also recommend me to travel with apple travel agency. Maybe u can find out more from them. The living standard is so high in Japan, therefore, can't shop too much. If u are those that like designer n branded stuff, don't miss out the chance to get the blue lable burberry, it is cheaper compare to black label burberry and it is produced in Japan. If planning to get some gifts for friends, can try on their 100 yen shops. Just have to make sure u bring sufficient money and also the credit card for u to pass the imigration. Hope every1 have fun in the honeymoon.