e-carrie

Complaint - De Casamia SS2

Hi future brides to be, ALERT!!! never go to Casamia in SS2.

I gave my cousin sister a gift - her pre-wedding photo shoots, and her brother chosen Casamia. My cousin sister and her fiance were both residing in England so her brother and myself helped her in all her wedding preparation here.

She had her pre-wedding photoshoots with Casamia upon her arrival from England. I had pre-warned them, during the make-up for pre-wedding photoshoots, if they asked you to add this and that, please say 'NO' to everything. so, they were alert.However, the gal who did the make up for my cousin sister sprayed onto her hair some colour spray without asking for permission or informing her that they are charging extra for that. It was not included in the package, but she was not informed. On the other hand, the other make-up artist did ask for my cousin's fiance's permission before she's going to spray the hair colour on his hair. he said 'No', the gal said :" but ur fiance had it!" only at that moment, they realised the colour was sprayed onto my cousin's hair without her permission.

Her wedding in Malaysia was on 15th of December in Melaka. She was supposed to collect her gowns from Casamia on 12th December. (But Casamia's record revealed that she should be collecting her gowns on 11th).

We all planned to collect her gowns on 12th about 7:30pm - 8pm after our dinner. at or around 6pm on the same day, we received a call from one of the sales assistant from Casamia that :" THE EVENING GOWN MY COUSIN SISTER SUPPOSED TO COLLECT WAS BURNT!!!"

Gals, did you all believe this nonsense??? Can u imagine the frustration we all had to go through 3 days before her wedding?

Issue 1: Reasons given to us was : The gal who wore the gown before this had BURNT the dress!

I then requested them to show me that gown, they refused to show me that dress by saying they didn't collect it from the bride.

1. Do you all believe? You think they'll easily believed what their clients said without wanting a proof/without requesting that bride to show them the burnt dress?"

2. How will a dress being worn by a bride be burnt? what are the possibilities?

3. If the dress is burnt, does it mean the bride has died or seriously injured?

4. If the bride is burnt and died or severely injured, isn't it a big news in our local newspaper?

Issue 2: I asked them why did they not inform us earlier but left it till 6pm on 12th?

I requested for an explanation as to why were we not being informed earlier since they claimed we supposed to collect our gowns on 11th?

Reasons given :-

1. They want to wait till they see us face to face to explain! therefore they didn't call us on 11th, and dragged till 12th 6pm.

2. I asked them when are they supposed to alter the gown to fit my cousin? they said 3 days prior. so, 3 days prior to collection date was 8th, so, when they did not have the gown for my cousin on the 8th, why did they not inform us?

Reasons given: from 8th - 12th, they were busy looking for 'A SIMILAR GOWN' for my cousin. I fired them by telling them that the 'new gown' may be similar to them but NOT us, not my cousin!

Issue 3 : Looking for a replacement gown

they later called me and informed me that they have managed to get a DESIGNER to taylor an exact gown for my cousin, but then we have to collect it on 14th evening 8pm. by then, we would have left to Melaka. they requested any of my cousin's friend or relative to collect the gown on behalf of her!

I asked them how can they guarantee my cousin will fit perfectly well into that dress??? They said they can, cos they are having my cousin's measurements. My cousin and I said NO, as we wanted them to let us try it on before we collect the gown.

Then, they called and said the gown could be collected on 14th 11am. My cousin insisted that she will depart to Melaka on 14th and she did not want to rush for last minute.

After a while, they called us again, and told us that we are able to collect the new piece of gown on the next day, ie: 13th 8pm.

Gals, at that time when they called us, it was nearly 9:30pm, and do you think a designer can immediately taylored a gown within 20 hours? including searching for the exactly same material, and tayloring it?

Issue 4: Collecting the gowns on 13th 8pm.

When we reached Casamia on 13th 8pm, we saw the 'new gown' was not the one that we chose earlier on and my cousin did not like that gown at all, and my cousin was just too upset and frustrated at that point in time. we were all so depressed and over stressed at that point in time. that was just a day prior to her departure to Melaka.

The worse thing was that her the other 2 gowns that she was supposed to collect (total 3 gowns) were badly altered!!! the gowns did not fit her at all even she was so petitie, and the gowns were being altered for so many times till it was so terrible and the gown obviously did not fit her at all and the sales person kept saying 'the gown is like that'! what nonsense!

It was 10pm, we all were so exhausted and Casamia has to put all the family members of us to go through such a hectic situation, not to mention how would the bride & groom felt...

At that point in time, the sales gal told us that, becos of us, everyone in the shop was running up and down just to 'help' us to solve the problem! I fired them!!! What do u mean by 'helping us?' did you help us? if not becos of what they've done, we did not need to go through all these hassles last minute!

Issue 5 : Can the designer do the gown within 20 hours?

When i threw them this question, they said :"Can!"

I then fired them :" If can, why was it on the 8th, you did not immediately contact the designer to come out with that exactly same gown and handle to us on the 12th?"

The gal answered me :" We did on the 8th look for the designer and he said he can do it for us!"

I fired her :" YOU CHEATING!" cos... she told me on the phone that the reason they did not call us on 8th - 12th was becos they were busy finding a similar dress for my cousin! And, if the designer on the 8th told them that he could come out with an exact gown, why would they still continue searching for a similar gown?

Brides to be, please judge for yourself!

Issue 6 : On top of th receipt, there was a wording " Overseas Client" . Why is this necessary? Why is there such a remarks?

Please figure out yourself.

Issue 7 : We walked out on 13th 11pm without a single gown!

Saddest of all, the bride to me in 1 day time had to walk out Casamia SS2 without a single gown! Can you believe it?

There may be many other brides who experienced the same thing as us, but none of them has any bargaining power, and none of them could actually walk out the bridal house 1 day before her wedding without any bridal gowns.

We were given partial refund after a heaty arguments with them, and the FUNNIEST of all was the manager of the shop told us that he wanted to take back the 'FOC DVD' (for the pre-wedding photoshoots) since he's refunding us for the rental of the gown. At that point of time, he still dare to raise his voice against us!!!

Issue 8 : Grammatical Mistake on Pre-wedding photos slideshow

We were very angry as the pre-wedding photos slideshow which was with some wordings contained a few grammatical mistakes! And, when we requested them to correct the grammar mistakes, they said it was a template, hence they could not change it! They then argued with us that we were the one who had chosen the template with wordings!

The fact that we had chosen the template with wordings doesn't mean we allow obvious grammatical mistakes!!! and the wordings showed to us earlier on was just way too small and we were not told to check the grammar and spelling!!!

I then questioned the manager whether he knew there was few grammatical mistakes? Guess wut? his answer was :"YES!"

I said, I would like to repeat again :" Do you mean, knowing there are few grammatical mistakes but you still asked your clients to choose the template with wordings without informing them that template has some mistakes? " his answer :" YES!"

I rest my case... brides to be... what more can we say?

BRIDES TO BE, AFTER LISTENING THE ENTIRE STORY, WHOSE MISTAKE WAS IT AT THE FIRST PLACE?

WHOSE FAULT IT IS TO MAKE US COME TO THIS SITUATION?

WHY DID THEY NOT BEING ABLE TO REBUT MY EVERY SINGLE QUERY?

WHY WAS THERE NO EXPLANATIO GIVEN FOR THE BURNT GOWN?

WHY WERE WE REJECTED TO VIEW THE BURNT GOWN? WHERE HAS THE GOWN GONE TO?

HOW TO COMPENSATE THE BRIDE WHO DOESN'T HAVE THE GOWNS A DAY PRIOR TO HER WEDDING?

HOW TO COMPENSATE AND WHO SHOULD BE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE SUFFERINGS AND DEPRESSION THAT THE BRIDE, THE GROOM & THEIR FAMILY HAD TO GO THROUGH?

PLEASE DO NOT GO TO CASAMIA SS2 IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO EXPERIENCE THE ABOVE INCIDENT AND GO THROUGH THE SUFFERING AS US!!!

sorry to know that u really have a bad xperience with casamia. lotsa brides here have a good one with them.

its obviously its their fault, probably they might gave the gowns to other ppl...mayb.

btw, since u guys walk out from the shop without a single gowns, how u guys manage to find a wedding gowns/evening gowns for your wedding ?

Wow....

e-carrie, regarding gown being burnt there is possibility. It's like when the bride turn around (and if the train is very long), it caught fire on the train, but usually being put off before the bride was harmed.

However, I can say the way the BS handled the whole thing is really quite disappointing.

Wow.....felt stressed just reading the article! Anyway I was a Casamia bride also....wedding over and my experience with them was good....have to agree that the DVD was not done properly though....I didn't even get to choose any template....but the grammar was so bad that I didn't show it during my reception.....replaced it with one hubby did himself.

e-carrie, it's really unfortunate that your cousin had to go through this....I was recently married and I can imagine that I'll feel as mad as your cousin and you should it happen to me. Sometimes the studios tend to cover up their mistakes but they do it poorly....I think they should just tell the truth....and not risk getting found out!

If it makes you feel better....I know for a fact that they do browse this forum....at least they know how much damage this is going to cost them.

Anyway.....gowns CAN get burnt....maybe not in a dramatic fireball thing...sometimes the bride gets too near to candles....and a lot of evening gowns are made of those shiny and easily flammable cloth.....I was warned not to get too close to candles in one of my gowns. Naturally if you burnt a gown...you'd have to pay for it....and once you do....the gown technically belongs to you....so you should be able to keep it.

They were wrong for not informing your cousin and her fiance about the additional charges for hair colour....in this case...but in mine....they stressed this at least twice during the make-up session....and also when I booked the package.

But the cover-up for trying to get a replacement gown for your cousin was quite appalling.....it's really really terrible for a bride not to have her dream gowns for her wedding.....it's so sad.....I really wouldn't know what to do if I were in her shoes. One thing for sure....I WOULD voice my frustrations in this forum.....most of my friends who are getting married also read this forum. I hope the other preparations for the wedding went smoothly....your cousin deserves that at least....after what she has been through. Best wishes from me. :)

Hi Joeybabe, Escudo & Ms Lim,

Thanks for your support & concern. Thanks for telling me that they do browse this forum. I really hope so. But even the Manager over there couldn't understand English, so disaapointing! Gals there are as bad.

EXACTLY! If anyone from there would just tell us the truth, we wouldn't be so angry and disappointed. We want some basic honestly, and ethical way of doing business. I have heard stories about BS switching clients' gown etc. And I just couldn't believe it happened on my cousin.

I am also a bride-to-be this year, and many more friends and cousins are getting marry these few years... I just hope there isn't anymore victim like my cousin.

Well, we walked away from Casamia angrily without their gowns, and we did manage to bring a very serious manage to the management of Casamia. I guess, no one else had done this to them as not many had barganing power like us.

My cousin got married to a Hong Kee, in fact, I just came back from Hong Kong, attending her wedding, but both of them are settling down in England. Well, my cousin bought two (2) Maggie Sottero's gowns for ur actual wedding in Hong Kong. Maggis Sottero's designs are marvellous and that was the real gals' dream. So at the end, she wore her Maggie Sottero's gown for the dinner, and immediately sent it for dry cleaning and wore it again in Hong Kong.

Many has pleasant moment with Casamia doesn't mean their service or products are good. Everybody's requirements are different and we are definitely very strict with our standard and requirements for our wedding.

If the gown was really burnt, they should have contacted us on the 8th, and not creating lies one after another.

I was once considered being the action up to the National Consumer Complaint Centre and the Consumer Tribunal.

Anyway, wishing u all Happy New Year and all the best!

sorry...just hv something to say....

u have say tat :¡± But even the Manager over there couldn't understand English, so disaapointing! ¡°every ppl also not the perfect one¡­sure they have something don¡¯t know¡­u say like tis really very hurt..have u think his feel before saying tis?

u have say tat :¡± But even the Manager over there couldn't understand English, so disaapointing! ¡°every ppl also not the perfect one¡­sure they have something don¡¯t know¡­u say like tis really very hurt..have u think his feel before saying tis?

but i'm sure tat should be 1 of them should noe english and can explain to u with some basic english rite?

sorry i hope that before anything else. please get your wordings checked. i could hardly understand your message.

oh yeah by the way, just hope that you are not from Casamia. :D

not that it's a pre-requiste but speaking simple english is also important. cause most if not all of the wordings of the receipt is in english and mandarin if not mistaken.

cheers...

hi..e-carrie,

Im so sorry to hear about it. I oso hope that would not happen again to another new wedding couple.

By the way, Im a bride-to-be this year too...n thanks for this forum coz it really alert me so much! :D

THanks for the information ...I'm also BTB this year and I'm so glad we are all informed about the bad service provided by Casamia.

thank you so much for sharing your experience with us here. me is a btb june 08 and has engaged casamia last year. i just hope other btb and i wont have to go thru the same thing as ur cousin did. watever you have wrote is well noted, and i'll prepare myself against all this nonsense... <_<

thank god, that ur cousin has 2 gowns to back up from hong kong. imagine if she doesn't have back ups, [on the eve of wedding day] i guess she would have no other choice but be forced to choose other gowns from casamia. this is when the BS will 'swallow u like a lion'... each gown ur cousin choose will probably be NEW or DESIGNER or MTM selection. they would just take this opportunity to charge you double!!!

;)

Casamia doesn't segregate their gowns by NEW or DESIGNER or MTM. :) But yes...thank goodness for the back-up!

My best friend took a package from LV....her gown was badly stained around the boob and tummy area....didn't realise it until it was too late....had to wear it for the reception....I really think it's your luck.....there are no perfect BS out there, is there?

mmmm, yes they do categorised gowns actually. if u enter the BS, the 1st thing they say is their gowns are all standard. no vip or vvip or designer's collection. but once you selected & paid a package OR if you really really really ask very precisely and thoroughly, they will tell you the ground floor gowns is only designer and MTM and for sale collection.

the ones they mentioned "no categorised" are the gowns at the 1st floor, those you can choose freely...

='MsLim' date='Jan 22 2008, 04:42 PM' post='137097']

Casamia doesn't segregate their gowns by NEW or DESIGNER or MTM. :) But yes...thank goodness for the back-up!

My best friend took a package from LV....her gown was badly stained around the boob and tummy area....didn't realise it until it was too late....had to wear it for the reception....I really think it's your luck.....there are no perfect BS out there, is there?

Hello gals,

I dunno abt others but then before i signed up a package with casamia, they have honestly told me I can pick freely any gowns on 1st floor and gowns downstairs are meant for rental n retails. Therefore I don really feel cheated and they have also honestly informed that every BS do have their weakness, if anything happen or if we are unhappy with them we can always tell and discuss with them, of coz no doubt we really have to be firm to protect ourself.

Again.....I really think it depends on luck....sometimes fated....

When I signed up with Casamia....I also asked about the gowns downstairs.....they told me upfront that those were for sale and rental....they never misled me into believing that I could choose those......honestly I prefer those upstairs anyway....more my style.....the ones downstairs were a bit OTT.....some had long sleeves....

I had a good experience with Casamia.....I guess I was lucky. :) I even spilled red wine on one of the gowns.....and accidentally broke a hairpin...was preparing myself for some mild scolding and expensive fine.....luckily I was worried for nothing.....they waved it off....yup.....no fine or scolding!! :)

Hi! wah seems so long did not log inot the website and suddenly such a big case. Indeed this is the worst wedding story I ever heard... :(

actually like MsLim, i'm also de casamia bride.. my own consider ok with minor glitches ... But really depends on how firm you are else you do get push around...alot..

really feel sorry to hear the bride have to endure such a :S**T excuses... really can publish a movie just based on this experience.

Actually you can lodge a complaint with the Consumer Tribunal. Perhaps you won't get the full replacement but at least you will have your justice. :angry:

But i think once this forum out in this website, they really can say bye-bye to their business....

Doesn't sound like u r giving ur opinion but more like attacking!! I do not think anyone who share their opionion deserve to be labelled as pathetic!

Anyway, it's a free forum, everyone has their own mind and free to share what they think! Really hope that every member will treat each other politely n not directly attacking :P

Tiger,

from your EXTENSIVE reply i couldnt help but think you are from De Casamia. maybe the owner or some staff.

no point in rebutting everything she said.things happened = happened. no matter how much De Casamia tried to explain is already the past.

De Casamia to perform to their expected is for them to be and survive in business. If you perform badly sure people will spread the bad things like wildfire.

just leave the topic alone for no matter how much you rebut the claims

IT IS TOO LATE. !!!!

tiger, sorry to say i have to agree w jonnie on his assumption on you.

it seems tt you just join today 12.07pm and this is your first post. and quite an impressive defence u submitted there which was completed in an hour time. it just can't help but make others suspect about ur capacity and intention.

i feel that e-carrie was just ranting and sharing her experience. giving u the benefit of the doubt, you probably are the luckier ones that had good experience w your BS. but we have to recognise the fact that there are also those not so lucky that they had went thru some stress. besides, i wish to higlight that in one hand, u commented e-carrie is not in the capacity to comment abt the BS, but aren't you also doing the same commenting abt ur frens PS w another BS? please dun use such offensive words against others.

just my 2 cents.

Yeah, it's always easier to be optimistic when you're not the victim... Like the Chinese saying, if you're not the one being pricked by the needle, you won't know the pain.

Such a long post! Didnt really read all, cant bear to read though..but i noticed that the way you post was just TOO offensive???

No flaming please, i know everyone has the right to say something here, but not the way you did. Everyone has their good and bad luck on every issues, and she was just the unlucky one :)

Sorry if i offended anyone.

E-carrie, sorry to hear that you got such experience...

How your cousin overcome the problem at last?

For me, I really cannot imagine if I need walk out from the BS without any gown during the few days before my wedding...

You said your cousin sister were not inform about the hair spray extra charges.......... then why didn't your cousin sister said anything at all during the makeup session?

by this u mean we btb have to ask the MUA each time she put on something on us? each time MUA put eye shadow or lipstick or earrings, we have to ask whether there's any additional charge?

surely if you could not deliver the said merchandise, then isn't the best policy is to say and explain face-to-face instead of over the phone..if over the phone, then it's a coward way..

BS knew about the defects, then they should call earlier to alert or warn btb, not wait til btb arrive at BS to collect gowns just a few days before AD, in order to tell the btb face-to-face

on the replacement of the gown, well if they did not even bother with u as customer, i don't think they will even tried sooo hard to help by engaging alot of hard work and negotiation with the designer in making sure that at least a gown can be deliver to you at all.

i wonder how u managed to know the BS tried soooo hard, engaged with lots of hard work and negotiation...

oh forgive me, i forgat that u even feel that the hair spray rm30 is too damn expensive even for you to pay..so forget my suggestion on finding the gown down stair.

its not a matter of cheap or expensive, its matter of principle and honesty

bottomline is, we at this forum should look out for each other. sharing our experience, expertise, comments, recommendations and etc etc etc.... Y r u being so offended leh? if you are so against ppl criticizing ur BS, perhaps u shouldn't do the same to taipei taipan?

PEACE ;)