niq

Mauritius/Maldives

Hi,

Has anyone been to either Mauritius or Maldives? Got any comments?

Also, does anyone know of any good travel agencies dealing with packages to Mauritius or Maldives for honeymoon?

niq

Nope haven't been, but have friends who are either from there or been there. Both islands have fantastic beaches (from pictures), but if u ask me which i think is more romantic, i would choose Maldives. Water villas, crystal clear waters, beautiful sunset, a place you would call a paradise island... sorry, just recalling all those honeymoon/holiday pics I remember viewing.

My hb been there a few times before ... He said that only go there if you're an outdoor person and loves the nature coz there was absolutely nothing else to do there but basking under the sun and enjoying water sport in the crystal clear sea ... And the things there are quite expensive coz everything is in US$

hi chooz,

where does ur hubby stay when he goes there? Also he goes to Mauritius or Maldives?

niq

Hi niq,

This is the place my hb stays when he goes to Maldives,

Bandos Island Resort

Tel :960 6640088

Fax:960 6643877

The hotel rate for the cheapest standard single bedrom is in the range of US$133 to US$145, depending on the season.

For a better junior suite (single) will start from US$150 to US$160 ...

You can try google the resort name and you can get the details of price ... hope that helps :lol:

But I must say it's not gonna be cheap lor, take the cheapest single room is US$133 = 133 x 3.78 = RM500 ++ per night !!! :o

You can explore other options but this is the only one my hb knows lor ...

hi Niq

how about considering Bali? very romantic too...

Ya ya! I agree! Bali should be very nice as a HM spot :rolleyes: I'm sure there will be many honeymoon makers there

hi athena and chooz,

Thanks for the info chooz... will google the resort and see. But I think Air Mauritius usually got some packages which are not that expensive la. Around RM3000++ per person for 5D/3N all inclusive including air ticket.

As for Bali, my FH and I have been thre already and thought of doing something different. Also my honeymoon is end of the year and i know that Bali gets super crowded with mat sallehs during that time. Aslo scared of the bombings la.

Am thinking of other islands/beach honeymoons too, like Thailand. Any other suggestions?

for thailand...i've been to Cha-am...a place very near to hua hin @ 200++ KM from bangkok. not crowded and quite nice...let me go search for pics and share....

athena,

looking forward to seeing the pics. I did see an article in one of the mags, think it was Female/Her World recently regarding Hua Hin. Was thinking about it.... but some ppl say it's not that nice.

So it would be nice to see some pics. Where did u stay in Cha-am?

niq

We did not spend a lot of the hotel. The name of the hotel we stayed is The Regent Cha-Am. Our friends in Bangkok bought the hotel package at roughly RM 240 for two nights. Walk in rates is about RM 240 for ONE night!

hi athena,

yup the outside of the chalet looks nice but the inside quite plain.

By the way, do u have any pics with the beach? Is it nice?

niq

hi athena,

yup the outside of the chalet looks nice but the inside quite plain.

By the way, do u have any pics with the beach? Is it nice?

niq

Hi Nig,

check out Mauritius

I have done this site to provide online information on Mauritius Island. I have included some photos as well as you can send those photos as ecards.

Hope you like it.

regards

Rish

finally... after so much exploring and planning, MALDIVES HERE WE COME!!

tip for u guys if u planning for Madives Honeymoon.. Take the package from Spore travel agency. The same package in Malaysia cost more than 1.5-2K..

And most of the hotels will have some promotion during low season... I take the Stay 7 nights Pay 5 nights package stay in Anantara Deluxe Over Water Bungalow which is veli veli worth coz 1 night our room will cost around 1K.

kokuryo,

Would you share the info of:

The promotion package that u took still available??

When is ur honeymoon?

Total how much is ur package?

Thank you