juiceyspams

Palace of Golden Horses vs Saujana Hotel

Hi there all,

Just wondering if you know anything about either of these 2 hotels? Would love to know your thoughts on the outdoor and ballroom of these places.

Please help. :)

Darling,

My opinions again yah.. :)

PGH- more of like concrete wall/environment (outdoor)

Saujana - more greenery greenery type.

PGH- the ballroom is more grand (indoor)

Saujana- not so grand.

For Saujana, they recently changed management. I am not too sure of how the recent changes are. But before, Saujana wasn't really much people's choice. Prob because of their location. :(

i went to PGH for swimming and bump into a couple of having outdoor wedding... wow very nice... not really all concreate and wall... they have greenery also and a man made pond.... Very speacial loh...

But outdoor...you gotto think of what you and your guest gonna wear coz' natural air cond mah!

PGH is one of my option,

I like their ball room, and excited to have my photo shoot there. they have high windows, grenery... etc

however, my drawback was, they want me to confirm 55 tables min to be able to give me use the grand ball room. plus no projecter given and the other major drawback is, sat and sun, the roads leading there are jam in the evening, coz its the horse racing day.

just my opinion. :lol:

Thanks for your opinion. Both places are charging me for their outdoor venue. RM2k for Saujana and RM5k for PGH.

Is it worthit???

How horrible is the food in PGH? A lot of people has warned me about it.

Does anyone have any pictures of either this venues?

Oh cool thanks Juin.

When is your wedding date?

I intend to do my wedding vows at their "garden". Hence they are charging me for the venue hire which is $5k. That is exclusive of any food and drinks or deco. Worth it?

Hmm good question. I didn't enquire about bringing outside food to the venues.

Only Saujana mentioned that additional deco will cost RM2k - ie. flowers etc for the outdoor wedding.

Corkage is 1st bottle free per table for PGH. First 2 bottles free per table for Saujana.

Drinks is first 3 hours free for PGH and 4 hours free for Saujana.

Hi,

I haven't personally attended any at PGH or Saujana. But I have heard food is better than Saujana, there you might want to reconsider.

I feel it's no point paying RM5k or RM2k to use their premise for an exchange of vows. You may want to try to negotiate off that. If you are planning to serve your guests food and drinks, they dont usually charge you for using the garden.

I have finally chose my garden wedding venue and it's going to be at Tropicana Golf & Country Resort! PHEW! Just paid the deposit.

They have a nice poolside terrace, can see the pool but can't go near it. And they are quite flexible. I gave them a menu list and customized.. and they could do that for me. The only sad thing is that a little bare but I save RM4k++ on renting of canopies. I could use half that money for decorations!

I think being a bride or groom, you must have the willing and the power to negotiate. Don't let them ding dong you here and there to buy you over and then regret later.

I have searched many places for my garden wedding and I have ridiculously see ppl telling me RM3k for an empty garden! They must be out of their mind!

post-8-1141998154.jpg

Above picture is Spanish Courtyard @ Tropicana.

Below one is at the PoolSide Terrace @ Tropicana.

This is where I am having my garden wedding + exchange of vows. :)

post-8-1141998349.jpg

Ailin, nice venue!!! Why do you have to hire a canopy - the pic looks like there is shelter there though?

Simonne - thanks for your thoughts. Sigh - food vs venue.... which should I go for?

simonne, yeah i agree natural air but come to think of it, we can't ignore the rainining factor. initially i intend to hold a pool side buffet for my wedding dinner something different from those chinese 8 courses of dishes. too bad when i think of the raining factor, i had to drop my idea.

anyway if you intend to invite more than 500 pax of ppl, some hotel do not allow to do it near the poolside. :lol:

Thanks Ker. I saw both of these websites and have requested them both to send me pics of their ballroom & poolside set up.

Saujana looked so impressive on the website but the pics from them errr... was below expectations. It looked very small.

Still waiting for PGH to get back to me.

I saw your other forum about Mines too. I like it but i reckon that their ballroom is too small too. I expect about 40 - 50 tables. I think that they can only fit 20.

Hi juiceyspams,

you are welcome..

yea..i think the mines ballroom is a bit small and not grand enough.

However i'm only thinking of the outdoor wedding there.. something diffrent. I'll have to check with them the seating capacity for outdoor wedding. Hope they can accomodate more... =)

Any suggestion or opinion... pls feel free to share..thanks

hi juiceyspams,

mind sharing the photos of saujana tht they sent u?

yealor.. ballroom for saujana is a bit small, aprrox. 30 tables i think....but their environment is quite nice!!

thx...

i luv dimsum @ PGH, i am going to attend a garden wedding dinner there in May06, will come back to post my opinion later..shold be nice qua, i have seen the wed pic b4..

Hi all,

My mom also told me to check out Saujana, but she said that it's the one in Subang? The websites that I have surveyed tell me that they are in Shah Alam. Can someone please tell me where is this place located? :lol:

My mom knows a person who works as the banquet decorator/florist for Saujana and based on her expert opinion, she said that among all the average priced hotels, Saujana spends alot of money of flowers and decorations.

Food wise, I'm not sure, but I plan on getting a quote from them. Plus, I'm wondering if they are able to give me a vegetarian menu.

The Saujana is near the old Subang airport..formerly known as Hyatt Saujana.

For decor & flowers, yes they are quite generous. But I'm not sure how they work. Do they give more decor/flowers based on yr menu price or is it rather standard regardless or whichever menu price you take?

Mel:

I don't know how they work, in terms of decor and pricing. By the way, thanks for enlightening me that The Saujana used to be Hyatt Saujana. I did numerous search on the net and the results that came back on Saujana in Subang varied greatly. :lol:

Once I hear back from Saujana I'll post again and I'll ask my mom to ask her contact about what else she knows. She did say that Saujana was going to hire this lady directly as an internal decorator because she only did it on freelance before this.