juiceyspams

Palace of Golden Horses vs Saujana Hotel

No problem! :) Do let us know the updates.

Hmm..I thought Saujana has its own florists and decorators? Cause when I did wedding decor there last year..I see a few of their in house florist.. Not sure now as they have changed management last year..thats why change name.

For other hotels I've done the decor, like Rennaisance, Mandarin Oriental..etc.. the decor is more standard. Its not so much on menu pricing since their menu's are above 1k already.. But the disadvantage is the decors all almost the same for every wedding. They will give the couple prob 3 types of design and choose 1. Then if you want it to be more extravagant, get your own florist.

But if they can do it nicely without you having to engage your own florist, would save quite a lum sum..

I've got a quote for both buffet and sit-down as well as pics from Saujana if anyone wants to take a peek. I'm asking for discount because I'm going to have a vegetarian reception. It's not like they have to go out to sea to hunt a shark down :P We'll see what they say.

For the quote and pics, let me know and I'll send it via email.

Just my 2 cents.

I was initially adamant on an outdoor ceremony too but in the end I changed my mind.

1. Not only are the 'mature' guests not keen on the heat outdoors,even my younger crowd express that they prefer not being in the heat and get all sweaty

2. the hotel was charging a few thousand ringgit for the outdoor venue and it will eb charged whether it rains or not.

In the end, we had the ceremony at the foyer (beautiful with tall pillars) outside the ballroom and away from other functions rooms, restaurants and stuff. And it was FOC !

Just my 2 cents.

I was initially adamant on an outdoor ceremony too but in the end I changed my mind.

1. Not only are the 'mature' guests not keen on the heat outdoors,even my younger crowd express that they prefer not being in the heat and get all sweaty

2. the hotel was charging a few thousand ringgit for the outdoor venue and it will eb charged whether it rains or not.

In the end, we had the ceremony at the foyer (beautiful with tall pillars) outside the ballroom and away from other functions rooms, restaurants and stuff. And it was FOC !

dwt:

The foyer is a good idea. Could you please tell me which hotel did you have your reception?

thanks lots!

fusionista, mine was at sheraton imperial KL.......... :)

you should make an appointment to check it out and see if you like the foyer outside the grandballroom......however, it can't accommodate more that 50 tables i think...

D:

OK. I'll check them out. Unfortunately i'm planning for my wedding from the US though. If the price and menu is right, my parents could pay a visit to them on behalf of me. I won't be needing that many tables. Maybe 20 at the most.

Hi hi....

My FMIL has booked Palace of Golden Horses for my AD in Nov 07. I haven't seen the place yet as I'm not in the country at the moment. Is anyone else using the same place? Mine to share your experience?

The person in charge has also asked my FMIL whether we would be getting any wedding planner to help us with the decoration. My FMIL is actually quite keen on it since she thinks the decor is rather plain. Me, on ther other hand, is trying to keep the cost low if possible. I would have thought hotel ballrooms would at least have quite reasonable decor but now I'm not even sure whether they are going to provide chair covers! Also, no projector given, as mentioned previously in this thread. Is this the same as the other hotels?

Also, food tasting will only be a few mths before the AD. I'm quite worried abt the food as I think food is the most important thing for the guests!

Btw, they have another website which has more info than the previous one posted. Not sure why this one is not showing up in google search, maybe it's new. Anyway the address is http://www.palaceofthegoldenhorses.com.my/wedding.cfm

snofy

Hi Snofy,

I just spoke to my friend who had her wedding at PGH about 2 yrs ago, and she was quite satisfied with their service. She told me that back then, because she was only having 12 tables, and the package was only RM999++ (second lowest), she was not supposed to have any decoration like flower arch, etc. But she got lucky because there was a wedding the day before and the hotel mgmt just gave her what they had from the day before. She didn't have her wedding at the ballroom, but the function room was quite nice according to her. Might have been a different banquet team back then too, these banquet sales people have very high turnover rate...

Food wise, nothing to shout about... hotels don't normally have great food at banquets. If you want great food then you've gotta go with a restaurant.

but the hotel is very grand from the entrance.. passed by a few times. I also have some pictures of a couple that has their banquet there but outdoor... very nice background with the towers lighted... I think it's under some kind of open air hall.

The deco I saw the use (the chair covers too) looks nice.

Normally things like use of projecters are included in package especially if you have the grand ballroom.

but for food, as fusionista said, it wouldn't be chinese restaurant. But still nice, just can't compare. :P

Hi Hi,

Does anyone had any experience having their wedding dinner at Golden Horse Palaces Hotel hall, ballroom or at the Lakeside and Beach??

How is the ambience there?? Is their service ok??

Appreciated if anyone can share with me of your experience.

Thanks a lot!!!

Littlepiggy....

hi snofy,

don't worry, you found the right place....POGH is a great place....had my wedding there last sept....i had a garden wedding, (which was very nicely decorated as well) then adjourn to the ballroom for dinner.....the decorations were very nicely done also, i didn't pay extra for anything, in fact, they custom-made my backdrop, coz i didn't like their standard one......all the chairs are covered, they have a few colours for you to choose from, to suit your own theme. Food was great, in fact, all my friends and family had no complaints....and they didn't even have to go out for supper after!!! :D

Hi hi....

My FMIL has booked Palace of Golden Horses for my AD in Nov 07. I haven't seen the place yet as I'm not in the country at the moment. Is anyone else using the same place? Mine to share your experience?

The person in charge has also asked my FMIL whether we would be getting any wedding planner to help us with the decoration. My FMIL is actually quite keen on it since she thinks the decor is rather plain. Me, on ther other hand, is trying to keep the cost low if possible. I would have thought hotel ballrooms would at least have quite reasonable decor but now I'm not even sure whether they are going to provide chair covers! Also, no projector given, as mentioned previously in this thread. Is this the same as the other hotels?

Also, food tasting will only be a few mths before the AD. I'm quite worried abt the food as I think food is the most important thing for the guests!

Btw, they have another website which has more info than the previous one posted. Not sure why this one is not showing up in google search, maybe it's new. Anyway the address is http://www.palaceofthegoldenhorses.com.my/wedding.cfm

snofy

oh really JL1? Am happy to hear that they also have good food and service. I saw some really nice pix of a banquet there but sort of outdoor under a porch of some kind. The background with the towers is breaktaking in the night!

how far you reckon people from kepong area and puchong takes to go there?

Hi JL1,

Is POGH really a great place? I just doing searching and filterizing the hotels n resort in Klang Valley area. Do you mind send me some nice photo during your dinner and outdoor wedding in POGH? sean_ng_007@yahoo.com :) .

Actually my planning is only have a relax and simple chinese dinner so thats why i go for hotels/resort cos they have ready facility (rooms, restroom, parking) compare with the chinese restaurant.

hi snofy,

don't worry, you found the right place....POGH is a great place....had my wedding there last sept....i had a garden wedding, (which was very nicely decorated as well) then adjourn to the ballroom for dinner.....the decorations were very nicely done also, i didn't pay extra for anything, in fact, they custom-made my backdrop, coz i didn't like their standard one......all the chairs are covered, they have a few colours for you to choose from, to suit your own theme. Food was great, in fact, all my friends and family had no complaints....and they didn't even have to go out for supper after!!! :rolleyes:

hey,

i have booked for PGH for my wedding banquet this nov07... in fact snofy and i are on the same day but different date on dinner. however, i have also heard lots of comments on the food of this hotel... i am actually feeling 'abit' regreted, but its too late, cos we have paid them the deposit. i realllllly hope things turn out well on my wedding.... anyway, since u have not done any reservation, i would advise u to check out further. my mom actually suggested me to book the civic hall in pj state, than we hire our own catering, but i tot dat is toooo hectic, and i know i have no time at all for everything. so, tat's here i am ... attached with PGH....

cheers!

perly

Can't tell you much abt PGH but I'm having my dinner there as well. Based on feedback from family members, they're quite satisfied with the place. When's your AD?

Can't tell you much abt PGH but I'm having my dinner there as well. Based on feedback from family members, they're quite satisfied with the place. When's your AD?

Hey Snofy, my reception is at POGH too. Are you having it at the Royal or Unity Ballroom?

Hi michcwl,

I think it should be the Royal Ballroom cos we r having over 60 tables. What abt u?

Initially, we wanted to have it at the Royal Ballroom but there's also another couple having it on the same day. Sigh... so, we have no choice but to agree on the Unity Ballroom and reduce the number of guests on our list, cos the ballroom is only able to accomodate max 350 pax lor. <_<

Does anyone there has any photo showing the Unity Ballroom? My hb side wedding banquet has 30++ tables only, so we have to take the Unity ballroom. I saw lots of comment abt the Grand Ballroom, just wonder how is Unity Ballroom? Look good?

I've got a quote for both buffet and sit-down as well as pics from Saujana if anyone wants to take a peek. I'm asking for discount because I'm going to have a vegetarian reception. It's not like they have to go out to sea to hunt a shark down tongue.gif We'll see what they say.

For the quote and pics, let me know and I'll send it via email.

HI fusionista, midn shring teh qute and pics? My email serenade_bui@yahoo.com.

TQ

Hi,

allow me to share sme comments on the POGH, my friend had his wedding their last Oct, suppose to be garden wedding but unfortunately it rained!!! gosh! so wasted. But kudos to the POGH team to be able to move all the decor and tables, chairs ,bands, build a small stage to the hall next to the garden, so the garden is still within view, but wet lor. And guest become packed in the hall which was much smaller compared to the garden.

fortunately, when it's cake cutting time, the rain stops, so guest again invited to enjoy the cake cutting at the garden instaed of the small stage in the hall. And there's even a firework display. We dunno how much it cost to have the firework display, it was a special request by my friend. It was spectacular!!! and lasted longer than those merdeka event! haha.

all things are fine... Tables even have their own name (named after flowers). But the food is a little disappointed, sorry to have to say so. some of it is nice, huge variety of desert, but the main course was a bit... not nice. maybe it just happen that day not nice only ler.Btw, it was buffet style.

anyway, at the end of the event, everyone was too mesmerized with the firework and the entire walk in thingy, and band (my friend's wife got her own band and bunch of musician friends), too mesmerized to be affected by the not so great food. hehe

overall, a wonderful event., would have been more perfect if it was not for the rain.

BTW, I am thinking of bookin hotel in Saujana for the part the groom pick the bride home as my FH is from Johor, so he will pick me to a hotel and have the tea ceremony instaed. I heard saujana have nice landscaping, so I am thinking about it. But to bad unable to find any photos online. Could anyone help me? anyone have any photos/ info to share pls?

Thanks!!! :)