piggy

Equatorial Hotel, K.L

Hi all,

I've went to the bridal fair recently at Mid Valley. got quotations from Equatoria hotel,kl. they seems good to me. anyone been there before or attended any wedding dinner there?..would appreciate if you all could give me some opinions & comments..thanks~! ;)

Piggy,

My British client had his wedding there some time ago.

22 tables. He liked it, not too expensive. Food was good and so was the environment.

I was there before the dinner started so did not try their ballroom food. The decor was quite okie, not bad. Wouldn't say its fanastic but worth every cent. :)

icic..thank melissa for ur opinions...they invite me to have a look at the actual ballroom set up this coming april. hmm..another thing is, im juz wondering will i have to pay xtra for LCD & projector screen, coz they din stated in their packages lor.. ;) n it wun be cheap, i guess...

Welcome piggy,

Well, some hotels give those LCD stuff- rental free. Whereas some charges for the usage and its not cheap.

If you can negotiate well, basically there's quite a lot of stuff that can be negotiated. However, it depends how much the person in charge is willing to give in. If there's 2 p.i.c, sometimes 1 will give more freebies and the 2nd one might not.

If you are having a lot of tables.. you can try asking them to let you use it for free. Also, remember to ask for free corkage or at least 2 tables or more per table..

hi melissa,

yeah. :) negotiating is tiring,but wat to do, tat will save me more $ :P

yeah, im quite worry bout the corkage charges coz i know it will end up costing me alot if they dun waived the corkage fees. but anyway, they r offering free corkage for hard liquor & wine, which is good :)

thanks again.

Yup, thats quite good since corkage free for wine and hard liquor.

Are they charging you corkage for beer if you bring in your own?

Or you have to take beer from them? Cause for certain hotels/venues, you have to take beer from them..

they r charging RM300 for beer corkage (per barrel). they din stated tat u gotta buy beer frm them, but they do show u can buy frm them:

per barrel (22.75L) = RM700nett

per barrel (30L) = RM900nett

quite cheap i guess?...im not sure how much does 1 barrel of beer will cost. what you think? and of coz, getting the 30L is much more worth it! :lol:

Piggy,

30L RM 900? So expensive..but its this kinda price I guess..

My supplier charges about RM 550/barrel for 30L..

So if RM 550+RM 300 (corkage) = RM 850... Save Rm 50 per barrel..

hi melissa,

izzit?..i dunno the price of 1 barrel wor...in tat case, can i get frm you when i need it?..not for this moment.. :) ..will PM u when i need it..izzit ok?

Piggy,

30L RM 900? So expensive..but its this kinda price I guess..

My supplier charges about RM 550/barrel for 30L..

So if RM 550+RM 300 (corkage) = RM 850... Save Rm 50 per barrel..

melissa,

can i have the contact for the beer supplier?

usually need how many barrels a?

thanks

Jiun & Cutie,

Pm'ed you already.

Piggy,

Actually, I don't know of any place who will give free corkage for beer. Normally they won't, hotels and restaurants.

They will either tell you to take beer from them or charge you corkage for beer.

Whereas for wine,hard liquor, they normally give corkage-free.

You can pm me whenever you need the contact. But the price I mentioned is for the time being.. If budget day or whatsoever.. the price might increase following the market. But still cheaper than outside. :)

flowerpetals,

Equatorial do not have the 2007 menu yet..callthem many times but stil not ready. the person in charge is Mandy - 03-21616375 ext 8089. Actually i like concorde but there are two big "tiang" in the middle of the chinese restaurant. the ballroom ok la.. but both aso booked on d dates i want..haih..

If i get the menu ad i can send to u ok? No info about pakroyal la..sorry..

Melissa, i received it...thanks a lot!! B)

Zeroflowers, i got the menu from Mandy...do u want me to send to you?

flowerpetals..I wan i wan..send to me yeah..hehe..but is it the new 2007 menu? Cos i called Mandy yesterday and she said not ready wor...when did u get it? btw, wen is yr AD la..hope dun clash lor..mine is 30th Sept 2007.. thanks! :rolleyes: