piggy

Equatorial Hotel, K.L

i just have my wedding 2 weeks ago with EQ, overall the service are okay for us :smile: , except for all the wedding details written inside final confirmation letter have to be double check. Sometime they might mix up some of the wedding details you have requested, eg. type of dishes, additional items to be provided like tripod etc. because the person you can direct liaise with will be the banquet operation manager, which based on the final confirmation letter signed.

Our wedding planner is Joyce, and another wedding planner, Jane who serve us are friendly and nice too.

My payment schedule are as follows:

5k as confirmation deposit

50% guarantee banquet payment (50% of 20 guarantee tables after minus rm5k deposit)

Remaining payment settle by 11pm on actual day night

50% guarantee banquet payment actually need to be pay 3 mths before wedding date, however there is no person contact us for payment and is not written on confirmation letter when we signed it 1 yr ago, and they allow us to settle 3 days before when we deliver our wine to EQ.

Overall, our guest have good comment on the foods and enjoy the night too. :lol:

Hi lckuan,

mind to share your package with me please?

jasmine_1981@hotmail.com

very much appreciated...

i just have my wedding 2 weeks ago with EQ, overall the service are okay for us :smile: , except for all the wedding details written inside final confirmation letter have to be double check. Sometime they might mix up some of the wedding details you have requested, eg. type of dishes, additional items to be provided like tripod etc. because the person you can direct liaise with will be the banquet operation manager, which based on the final confirmation letter signed.

Our wedding planner is Joyce, and another wedding planner, Jane who serve us are friendly and nice too.

My payment schedule are as follows:

5k as confirmation deposit

50% guarantee banquet payment (50% of 20 guarantee tables after minus rm5k deposit)

Remaining payment settle by 11pm on actual day night

50% guarantee banquet payment actually need to be pay 3 mths before wedding date, however there is no person contact us for payment and is not written on confirmation letter when we signed it 1 yr ago, and they allow us to settle 3 days before when we deliver our wine to EQ.

Overall, our guest have good comment on the foods and enjoy the night too. :lol:

Hi lckuan,

mind to share your package with me please?

jasmine_1981@hotmail.com

very much appreciated...

Hi jasmine, my package details no longer applicable for 2010 as they will revise their wedding package every year. However, you may direct request from EQ for the latest package details, you may contact my previous wedding planner, Joyce at : joyce@kul.equatorial.com :smile:

hi lckuan82, would u mind to share your wedding dinner photos? photos posted by stupidboy looks nice. but i would like to see how the hall looks like with only the decoration by the hotel :D

hi lckuan82, would u mind to share your wedding dinner photos? photos posted by stupidboy looks nice. but i would like to see how the hall looks like with only the decoration by the hotel :D

Decorations provided by the hotel for Golden Phoenix.

amyaidan_468g528.jpg

amyaidan_468f527.jpg

amyaidan_468e524.jpg

amyaidan_468e465.jpg

amyaidan_468d522.jpg

amyaidan_468a514.jpg

amyaidan_468c519.jpg

amyaidan_468b518.jpg

amyaidan_468.jpg

amyaidan_462.jpg

hi yelnats, sorry for late reply. This is some of my banquet photo at the ballroom, my colour theme is purple and pink :happy:

20100123-IMG_3117.jpg

20100123-IMG_3178.jpg

20100123-IMG_3190.jpg

20100123-IMG_3185.jpg

hi,

anyone can share the equotorial package with me?

please send to ally_liinn@yahoo.com

Thanks alot.

hi yelnats, sorry for late reply. This is some of my banquet photo at the ballroom, my colour theme is purple and pink :happy:

20100123-IMG_3117.jpg

20100123-IMG_3178.jpg

20100123-IMG_3190.jpg

20100123-IMG_3185.jpg

I supposed to have my wedding in EQ Ballroom next year end, and i have made a tentative booking with them.

But lately the coordinator email me the latest price for 2010, the cheapest menu increased from 798++ to 838++. Well, i think the price increased is ok if they never change the menu. However, they changed the shark fins to some other soups like Chicken Ginseng ....

And the 2nd cheaper menu will be 898++ with shark fins.

Im quite upset with it. It is about 100++ increased from the previous price list if we take the menu with shark fins.

Haiz...I am now dilemma, thinking whether worth to spend this in EQ.

What u all thinK?

Hi vernice,

I'm going to have my wedding next year end too and actually interested in Equatorial, can you share the package/price/menu with me? I've sent in an enquiry email but so far no reply. I'm planning it from Perth, so can't walk in to see the place either. How did you find it? And how much deposit to put for tentative booking? you can PM me or email me at wynnielim126@yahoo.com

Thanks ya~

best wishes,

wynnie

Hi,

can i share the package/price menu as well.

thanks alot.

Regards,

ally

Hi girls

Do you all mind sharing the package with me as well?

Thanks a lot! My email address is: cabbagefarmer.nz@gmail.com

Your help is much appreciated!! ;)

Cheers

Carissa

I supposed to have my wedding in EQ Ballroom next year end, and i have made a tentative booking with them.

But lately the coordinator email me the latest price for 2010, the cheapest menu increased from 798++ to 838++. Well, i think the price increased is ok if they never change the menu. However, they changed the shark fins to some other soups like Chicken Ginseng ....

And the 2nd cheaper menu will be 898++ with shark fins.

Im quite upset with it. It is about 100++ increased from the previous price list if we take the menu with shark fins.

Haiz...I am now dilemma, thinking whether worth to spend this in EQ.

What u all thinK?

Hi vernice,

I'm going to have my wedding next year end too and actually interested in Equatorial, can you share the package/price/menu with me? I've sent in an enquiry email but so far no reply. I'm planning it from Perth, so can't walk in to see the place either. How did you find it? And how much deposit to put for tentative booking? you can PM me or email me at wynnielim126@yahoo.com

Thanks ya~

best wishes,

wynnie

Hi,

can i share the package/price menu as well.

thanks alot.

Regards,

ally

just a short message to all wedding couples who have already held your wedding at EQ and are entitled to a complimentary wedding anniversary dinner at the Chalet.

DO GO!!! i totally forgot about the complimentary dinner that came with my wedding dinner package. about 2 weeks prior to yesterday which was our first year wedding anni., we received a call from EQ staff reminding us of our free dinner. i was initially not very interested and was expecting it to be one of those gimmicks that ends up in you paying more then expected for the meal. we casually told them to mail us the voucher initially but they said they could make the reservations and leave the voucher at the restaurant saving us time n effort. we agreed and only 3 days before the dinner did we realise it was the same weekend as mothers day. dreading should they have forgotten our reservation, we made a stop at the gardens zanmai outlet for japanese food. we later regretted this =.=

the moment we arrived outside we were greeted by name as they were already expecting us.

the free dinner includes :

1) 4 pcs bread sticks paired with 2 dips, foie gras pate and blue cheese.

2) selection of bun/breads with soft butter.

3) a buffet starter spread - to me it was a really good spread with 8 different types of cheese (i love the blue cheese paired with crackers and rakelett paired with pickled onions/gherkins and boiled potatoes). good range of cold hams, meat cuts, fresh oysters, smoked salmon, salamis etc. a salad section and also blanched vege nibbles like asparagus and zucchini. wide range of ready mixed salads and many different types of dressign for u to choose from.

4) Kalamansi sorbet - really good!! liked this alot..just the right amount of sweet n sourness with hint of fragrant bite off the skin.

4) main course to be selected from 3 options. salmon, chicken and roasted beef. ( it was bordering ok-towards-good but not fantastic, couldnt even finish it as we had such a feast on the starters)

5) dessert in the shape of a double heart cake covered in chocolate.

6) choice of tea or coffee. about 7 types of tea to choose from...i picked peppermint.

7) frozen chocolate balls with ice cream inside.

we were also serenaded by a 3 piece string band and a oldies singer. 2 lovely songs one of which they choose 'we've only just begun by the Carpenters' after finding out we were celebrating our first anni. they also took a picture for us with a digital camera and presented us with a printed out 4R photo inserted in a ivory embossed card.

i enjoyed the band/singer, starters, ambiance and service. the wait staff are very friendly and extremely courteous n helpful. no fear of being unsophisticated or uneducated in fine dining as they were more then happy to share their knowledge with us. As i left i was presented with a stalk of rose. It was a happy visit ^_^.

do note u need to pay for drinks other then cold water though. our total bill came up to 60+ only as hubby bought me a flower basket from charity and he ordered a bottle of beer. needless to say we left an additional tip.

yaya..do not miss the complimentary dinner at Chalet, I celebrate my 1st anniversary with them also, very good service, patient, caring, food nice, romantic......etc etc etc..

do not miss it!

yaya..do not miss the complimentary dinner at Chalet, I celebrate my 1st anniversary with them also, very good service, patient, caring, food nice, romantic......etc etc etc..

do not miss it!

Hi, my first year anniversary is coming in Sept, just want to check with those who have their complimentary dinner in Chalet, roughly what are the things that we need to pay for since this is "complimentary dinner"? Thanks for the informations. :)

wow... so nice seeing the anniversary dinner are awesome.... i am expecting on it too...

coming sept will be our anniversary too.... wish it will be smooth..

Hi stupidboy,

glad to know that you had a wonderful wedding dinner at EQ. Your decoration are something special...mind to share with me the decorators and music band/mc?? thanks.

Hi all, Last month my dinner was there,

as promise, will post the picture here, and some got ask me about my 3pcs band.

Sorry if the picture is not clear

Most of the decoration are from the hotel except the Balloon/Tang lung, Wishing tree, Photo frame, and etc.

I got add some extra decoration from my decorator.

PM me if you need the decorator & Music Band contact, I can say Decorator are special and meets my theme, Music band are awesome.

tompm826.jpg

This is the main table

tompm825.jpg

tompm822.jpg

tompm821.jpg

Wedding cakes (dummy)

tompm820.jpg

Lighted background, (my favorite)

tompm819.jpg

Wind fountain

tompm818.jpg

Overall of the place, The thing like balloon actually are "tang lung" from my decorator

tompm813.jpg

tompm809.jpg

Wishing card from my Decorator

tompm803.jpg

Wishing tree from my decorator, match to my theme which is sweet and cute

tompm802.jpg

Special Pen from decorator for guest to write wishes

tompm798.jpg

tompm797.jpg

Photo frame for each table at cocktails area

tompm793.jpg

Original from hotel

tompm790.jpg

My Outstanding music band

tompm1089.jpg

Very skilled and experienced, I was actually perform and give surprise to my wife, and they really help me a lots.

Keyboardist are awesome, can get to situation very quickly, Vocal's voice are very good, can sing english and chinese and various of song.

tompm1051.jpg

Very skilled guitarist and also the team lead.

tompm1005.jpg

He is the most outstanding eMCee that i saw. No silent situation at all, every of my guest are enjoy of his style.

tompm1003.jpg

I can say all of the night are awesome, the only negative thing on the actual day is my "dai kum cei", others are perfect and well plan.

If any question, please PM me for details.

EQ hotel's ballrooms look old....so spending money on Deco is a must. IT is cosy ...yes...but they sometimes tend put the lights too dim until you can hardly see the food when you eat :lol: !

When our Band performed there, the stage lights were so dim...I can hardly see my Band members next to me on stage. :ohmy: ..so had to tell the Technician to turn up the light so we can see properly.

Hi everyone! I'm a newbie in this forum site....i really hope you all can help me out as I'm still contemplating whether to have my wedding dinner at EQ or Concorde or some other hotel...

Tentatively my wedding date is on 10 December 2011, and is still deciding on the wedding dinner venue!!!! :wacko3:

The packages i got from Concorde is quite good but the environment is not as good and grand as EQ! And they dont allow me to take the ballroom because i only have 300 guest (30 tables) and the Xin restaurant is too Chinese with two huge golden dragon pillars in the center of the room :dash2: . If anyone have any better hotel to recommend, plz share!

As for EQ, i'm afraid the ballroom will be too small because I'm going to have my church wedding during the dinner, thus i will need some space for the aisle!

Does EQ provide LCD projector and arch? what about the Cocktail session, is it free or charges are applicables?

BTW, which hotel's chinese food is more nicer?

Is there anything else that i need to make note on EQ or Concorde?

Thank you very much in advanced for your really usefull info! :biggrin: