piggy

Equatorial Hotel, K.L

dear baby pig,

im guessing you arent excited coz probably of the distance to the actual wedding location so there is a disconnected feeling perhaps? also the fact that you're stressing out would prevent you to truly feel the excitement of planning. I also read about your other post about it all being too rushed. Personally, i feel since all has been decided, the best u can do it to make the most of it. not much use crying over spilled milk. My hubby and his family is also the cin cai type but it didn't bother me from making my on plans n latter on telling him about them. most of the time he'd just agree if the price is reasonable. its ok as guys don't share the same 'dream wedding fantasy' we ladies usually have. more often then not, to them its more important that their wife to be is happy.

Could it be that you don't know where to start so you are anxious/stressed? its ok. once u get your 'to do list' organised and start goign with the flow im sure the anxiousness will subside and you'll feel the rush of excitement.

About colour wise, its good to have an idea what you are looking for. a theme perhaps? or maybe your favorite colour?

4 simple ways to go about it,

1) by colour you like

as stated above, just choose a colour u like!! plain n simple.

2) by mood theme colours

e.g if you want an elegant classy theme : White n gold, tiffany blue and white..etc

or a modern statement theme: fuchsia and black, apple green and white..etc

or a cutey fun theme: pastels, baby blue and light pink etc...

or oriental: red and gold

3) decorated theme colour setting

e.g beach wedding : sun, sea, sand...so maybe a mix of blues with subtle sandy beige wth orange highlights here n there.

Victoria wedding theme: burgundy and white, olive and white, any other rich tones will work...etc

4) favorite flower as wedding theme.

e.g you like roses so do a rose theme by following the usualy colours of roses like pink red n white.

periwinkle : pinks n purples/lilac

tiger lilies : fuchsia and white

follow the colour scheme to match the flower decorations and your set ^_6

for mine, i combined a flower, colour and setting theme:

Flower: casablancas accomponied by ivy leaves, eustomas and lilac roses.

Colour: Lilac n white with hints of green.

theme: garden wedding indoors.

dear baby pig,

im guessing you arent excited coz probably of the distance to the actual wedding location so there is a disconnected feeling perhaps? also the fact that you're stressing out would prevent you to truly feel the excitement of planning. I also read about your other post about it all being too rushed. Personally, i feel since all has been decided, the best u can do it to make the most of it. not much use crying over spilled milk. My hubby and his family is also the cin cai type but it didn't bother me from making my on plans n latter on telling him about them. most of the time he'd just agree if the price is reasonable. its ok as guys don't share the same 'dream wedding fantasy' we ladies usually have. more often then not, to them its more important that their wife to be is happy.

Could it be that you don't know where to start so you are anxious/stressed? its ok. once u get your 'to do list' organised and start goign with the flow im sure the anxiousness will subside and you'll feel the rush of excitement.

About colour wise, its good to have an idea what you are looking for. a theme perhaps? or maybe your favorite colour?

4 simple ways to go about it,

1) by colour you like

as stated above, just choose a colour u like!! plain n simple.

2) by mood theme colours

e.g if you want an elegant classy theme : White n gold, tiffany blue and white..etc

or a modern statement theme: fuchsia and black, apple green and white..etc

or a cutey fun theme: pastels, baby blue and light pink etc...

or oriental: red and gold

3) decorated theme colour setting

e.g beach wedding : sun, sea, sand...so maybe a mix of blues with subtle sandy beige wth orange highlights here n there.

Victoria wedding theme: burgundy and white, olive and white, any other rich tones will work...etc

4) favorite flower as wedding theme.

e.g you like roses so do a rose theme by following the usualy colours of roses like pink red n white.

periwinkle : pinks n purples/lilac

tiger lilies : fuchsia and white

follow the colour scheme to match the flower decorations and your set ^_6

for mine, i combined a flower, colour and setting theme:

Flower: casablancas accomponied by ivy leaves, eustomas and lilac roses.

Colour: Lilac n white with hints of green.

theme: garden wedding indoors.

Hi, many thanks for sharing...Really appreciate it. Ya I hope the distance is the reason why I am not excited. There's many things I wish I have done'haven't donebut as you said I should not cry over spilled milk now.

Hmm the problem with deciding on the theme is I can't actually see the colours of the table cloth, napkins etc provided by the hotel. They sent me some pics of their table cloths etc and the pink they have is very dark and bright type (bubble gum type) whereas I prefer those sweet baby pink one. I am only going bck 2 weeks before the AD and I don't think I have time to hire a decorator to decorate the place. So I will hv to go with the basic deco provided by the hotel. Have u seen those table cloth etc provided by the hotel? I prefer something sweet and cute type. They say they don't hv any baby pink cloth. Have u been to any of their weddings and find any theme looking nice/great? Thanks for sharing again!

actually u can hire a decorator if u have internet access ^__^

i keep in contact with my decorator via email most of the time.

sending picture of what i want n she sending back pictures of what they have done b4 thats similar or using mock ups.

i dont have transport so its the best way we can share ideas as sample pictures give u a better idea.

i havent been to any weddings at this venue yet so the only advice i would have if u really want it baby pink is to get a vendor who supplies wedding linens

or alternatively a wedding decorator so u can have your desired theme.

usually at the beginning you'll be lost at what items u want.

for me it was more of to many things i want so dont know which to choose XD.

slowly with the help of a budget and an itemised deco list u can pick out things u'd like to have and slowly customise them to a specific theme!~

** i do know they have gold, lilac, burgundy, red, black, fuschia, olive, blue...etc

It's good to know that they have so many color options...I hope I am able to find the color I want...

sending picture of what i want n she sending back pictures of what they have done b4 thats similar or using mock ups.

i dont have transport so its the best way we can share ideas as sample pictures give u a better idea.

i havent been to any weddings at this venue yet so the only advice i would have if u really want it baby pink is to get a vendor who supplies wedding linens

slowly with the help of a budget and an itemised deco list u can pick out things u'd like to have and slowly customise them to a specific theme!~

** i do know they have gold, lilac, burgundy, red, black, fuschia, olive, blue...etc

Hi, thanks for sharing! Do u think it's too late for me to start looking for a decorator now? I am beginning to panic now coz I still have quite alot of things to do/finalize before the wedding and I just wished I have begun to think about hiring one earlier on. Do u mind sharing your decorator's details with me? How much do you think it will cost me to have a pink theme (where they provide all the table cloth, ribbon, chair cover etc?) Thanks again!!!

they have chocolates and chopsticks as favors. they recommend chocolates as they make it themselves and its supposedly good.

they have chocolates and chopsticks as favors. they recommend chocolates as they make it themselves and its supposedly good.

Really? I'm thinking of getting them to pass the chocs to me beforehand so I can combine with my own favours. But... ehehhe... don't know if they will allow. Let us know how your big day is this weekend ya! I'm sure you're very very excited by now. :lol:

hey gals,

Do you know both JJ (June & Juliana) joined Berjaya Times Square. I heard their package and venue very attractive, you guys can try to contact them as I believe either one of them can assist you from A-Z.

I personally like them too...

Yvon, they cant pass u before as i also wanted to customize a bit but mine is with personal tag. the earliest they can pass u is about 2 hours or so before the dinner starts as the chocs are made fresh. For my tags lucky their staff helped me stick on if not i cfm cant finish sticking =x

dear all, my dinner is done and i've collected the photos from the PG currently rushed through the batch to upload those photos with decorations so you guys have have a quick peek. I also uploaded some from Vernis my decorator but i havent collected all those that she took solely on decorations. She will be passing me all the files she has on thursday so all deco n hotel photos will be fully uploaded by next weekend. if youd like to view those that are currently already available then do drop me a line at my AD request page ^__^

http://www.malaysiabrides.com/forum/index....showtopic=14854

Thank you!~

aisumomo...thanks for sharing! It was beautiful..Can't wait to see the rest of the photos..Congrats once again... I just realized we have similar name.. Hehee..

Yvon, they cant pass u before as i also wanted to customize a bit but mine is with personal tag. the earliest they can pass u is about 2 hours or so before the dinner starts as the chocs are made fresh. For my tags lucky their staff helped me stick on if not i cfm cant finish sticking =x

dear all, my dinner is done and i've collected the photos from the PG currently rushed through the batch to upload those photos with decorations so you guys have have a quick peek. I also uploaded some from Vernis my decorator but i havent collected all those that she took solely on decorations. She will be passing me all the files she has on thursday so all deco n hotel photos will be fully uploaded by next weekend. if youd like to view those that are currently already available then do drop me a line at my AD request page ^__^

http://www.malaysiabrides.com/forum/index....showtopic=14854

Thank you!~

Aiks... only 2 hours ah. Hmmm.. I was planning to give chocs only after the entire dinner. So got chance la. Can ask my aunt or someone to help put into organza bags before & during dinner. We'll be meeting the planner next week already. I actually listen over 10 questions to ask her. haha.. Just wondering what program they have for the video/photo projection durng dinner. Wonder if powerpoint works. i heard they only have just a laptop for all the audio and video. Scary, right, if the laptop suddenly fails. We're DIy-ing our MV (basically just showing photos of registration and morning ceremony la) & downloading my own songs to play for the background during dinner.

Your whole deco looks so nice, Felicity. I'm gonna stick with the generic deco, cos of cost as well as we feel the generic one is nice enough for us. But yours... wow... just that few pics enough to blow my mind away. Can't wait to see more!

For those wondering more about the hotel and details, below is a long detailed list of what happened on my AD.

Not to be taken as an exact expectation but rather more of a guide:

NOTE: Heavy reading

well everything went according to plan.

my decorator arrived at 11 in the morning and started working on the deco.

stephanie managed to help me block the morning session so we can get it done.

by 2pm the balloons vendor arrived and finished in 45 minutes.

i arrived at 2.30 at the hotel to check on deco works.

once we arrived we were warmly greeted by the attendants upfront who showed us where to park.

they then helped unload our large amounts of baggage, gowns, flowers and photos.

we then proceeded to the check in counter and was ask to proceed to the 11th floor for bridal check in.

as we arrived to the 11th floor we noticed its the business centre area and there was 2 ladies at the counter who greeted us by name.

we were quickly done in less then 3 minutes.

they even called the bellboy downstairs to arrange for baggage to be sent up with out us asking.

our bridal suite room was on the 7th floor. consisted of joined rooms, one bedroom and one living hall.

the living hall is slightly small but can sit 4-5 ppl on the sofa. one study table i used for make up.

there are 2 bathrooms, one on each side. the bathroom in the bedroom side was decorated with rose petals and candles.

there were about 6 floral arrangements throughout the room in the same lilac theme as my wedding.

they used rose petals to arrange a double heart on the bed too. there was a small dinner table set for 2 with fruits and chocolates.

i decided to try the chocolates n boy were they good. i rested and unpacked my stuff then headed downstairs to check on the deco.

the drapes at the staircase was already ready and the ballroom was being arranged with the purple themed linens by the hotel.

since the decorator was doing well and didnt need me i headed back up for a shower n rest.

stephanie called by 3pm to reconfirm my meeting with her at the ballroom for rehearsal and briefing.

i met up with her by 4.30. she managed to get the staff to help me paste my custom wedding tags onto all the chocolate favors prepared by hotel.

she did a detailed rundown n intro me to all the staff that would help me run my dinner smoothly.

there was the technician, head waiter and the operation manager whom i should contact for anything else i might need.

they basically covered all aspects needed for the dinner and they did ask if i had a floor manger.

i didnt so they asked who should they refer to if any problems aroused during the dinner.

i decided to be my own floor manger as i was the only one who had an idea of all thats supposed to be done.

this is very important, if you are the type who cant handle stress or anything else during AD ..which most brides cant, id suggest u find a good ji mui or relative to run as floor manager. i managed it all coz im a control freak and a perfectionist hahaha.

once everything was settled i headed back up by 5pm for makeup and hairdo.

wasnt sure how things went during the cocktail i went down at 7.30.

my guest were scheduled to arrive at 7pm sharp.

march in at 7.45 and dinner by 8pm. u have to inform them 30 minutes before dinner starts and also the confirmed number of tables.

knowing msian ...they are always late but surprising more then 80% arrived on time.

was very happy to see a large crowd at the foyer chatting and taking pictures.

i ran around mingling with guests. hishammuddin the floor manager approached me then saying if i wanted to follow my initially planned timing they should start preparing dinner. he asked if the crowd was substantial or if i wanted to wait for more ppl. since most were already there i said to proceed as planned. i got my usher ji muis to start ushering people into the ballroom as the doors were opened.

we did the bridal march in line up outside the closed doors.

waited for the MC to give a short speech and lights were slowly dimmed, bridal march MV starts 16 seconds before the MC asks the guest to stand up just as the music changes. We did the timing thing with the technician several times to get them familiar with timing during the rehearsals.

As the doors opened, the hotel provided smoke from the smoke machine. lights came on.

we had a niece holding a bubble machine walk up front to spray bubbles.

followed by 2 flower girls ji muis, we the couple and 3 more cousin flower girls.

as we approached the main table the waitering staff were ready with the 2 pulled out chairs for us.

all the waitering staff especially those at the main table were very attentive and helpful!

u hardly have to ask twice as all u have to do is look up around and one comes running to your side n kneels down to talk to you and await your request. seriously felt like a queen that night hahaah. all of them were super polite too. im not sure how the other waiter did but those that i came in contact with were all really good and experienced waiters.

the technician handled all my mvs well as i had 5 videos altogether for that night and all had specific sequencing.

i think the hardest would have to be march in queuing as its not..start music = walk in.

it was dim lights n start MV just as MC finish speech..16 seconds and music will change so MC has to say a sentence asking guest to stand in honor of the wedding couples before it changes. then the lights have to come back on just as doors open and smoke machine blows.

great job! really pleased they nailed it without us doing a full rehearsal n only just by explanation.

the feedback i got from guest about the food was slightly above average and some said good.

for me, comparing it to the food testing it wasnt as good.

if the food testing was 80% then the Ad would rate about 65% only.

waitering service is 98%

technician 95%

organizing 98%

ambiance and deco provided by hotel side for guest tables, ice carvings etc 89%

do note that all these are very subjective and ultimately depends on individuals.

id say use it as a rough guide as to what to expect but not as a 100% expected outcome.

the service i received might differ from anyone else so do bear that in mind.

take for example your letter of confirmation, both our received letters are very different apart arent they in terms of content?

lastly, we had a good buffet breakfast the next morning at the 11th floor.

the choice of food isnt large but its good enough for a hungry and tired couple ^__^.

Thanks aisumomo for taking the time to write this up. It definitely helps to know kinda what goes on especially for a bride like myself that haven't attended any chinese weddings for at least 10 years. Luckily i still have plenty of time to figure things out..

thanks amanda ^__^

For those wondering more about the hotel and details, below is a long detailed list of what happened on my AD.

Not to be taken as an exact expectation but rather more of a guide:

NOTE: Heavy reading

well everything went according to plan.

my decorator arrived at 11 in the morning and started working on the deco.

stephanie managed to help me block the morning session so we can get it done.

by 2pm the balloons vendor arrived and finished in 45 minutes.

i arrived at 2.30 at the hotel to check on deco works.

once we arrived we were warmly greeted by the attendants upfront who showed us where to park.

they then helped unload our large amounts of baggage, gowns, flowers and photos.

we then proceeded to the check in counter and was ask to proceed to the 11th floor for bridal check in.

as we arrived to the 11th floor we noticed its the business centre area and there was 2 ladies at the counter who greeted us by name.

we were quickly done in less then 3 minutes.

they even called the bellboy downstairs to arrange for baggage to be sent up with out us asking.

our bridal suite room was on the 7th floor. consisted of joined rooms, one bedroom and one living hall.

the living hall is slightly small but can sit 4-5 ppl on the sofa. one study table i used for make up.

there are 2 bathrooms, one on each side. the bathroom in the bedroom side was decorated with rose petals and candles.

there were about 6 floral arrangements throughout the room in the same lilac theme as my wedding.

they used rose petals to arrange a double heart on the bed too. there was a small dinner table set for 2 with fruits and chocolates.

i decided to try the chocolates n boy were they good. i rested and unpacked my stuff then headed downstairs to check on the deco.

the drapes at the staircase was already ready and the ballroom was being arranged with the purple themed linens by the hotel.

since the decorator was doing well and didnt need me i headed back up for a shower n rest.

stephanie called by 3pm to reconfirm my meeting with her at the ballroom for rehearsal and briefing.

i met up with her by 4.30. she managed to get the staff to help me paste my custom wedding tags onto all the chocolate favors prepared by hotel.

she did a detailed rundown n intro me to all the staff that would help me run my dinner smoothly.

there was the technician, head waiter and the operation manager whom i should contact for anything else i might need.

they basically covered all aspects needed for the dinner and they did ask if i had a floor manger.

i didnt so they asked who should they refer to if any problems aroused during the dinner.

i decided to be my own floor manger as i was the only one who had an idea of all thats supposed to be done.

this is very important, if you are the type who cant handle stress or anything else during AD ..which most brides cant, id suggest u find a good ji mui or relative to run as floor manager. i managed it all coz im a control freak and a perfectionist hahaha.

once everything was settled i headed back up by 5pm for makeup and hairdo.

wasnt sure how things went during the cocktail i went down at 7.30.

my guest were scheduled to arrive at 7pm sharp.

march in at 7.45 and dinner by 8pm. u have to inform them 30 minutes before dinner starts and also the confirmed number of tables.

knowing msian ...they are always late but surprising more then 80% arrived on time.

was very happy to see a large crowd at the foyer chatting and taking pictures.

i ran around mingling with guests. hishammuddin the floor manager approached me then saying if i wanted to follow my initially planned timing they should start preparing dinner. he asked if the crowd was substantial or if i wanted to wait for more ppl. since most were already there i said to proceed as planned. i got my usher ji muis to start ushering people into the ballroom as the doors were opened.

we did the bridal march in line up outside the closed doors.

waited for the MC to give a short speech and lights were slowly dimmed, bridal march MV starts 16 seconds before the MC asks the guest to stand up just as the music changes. We did the timing thing with the technician several times to get them familiar with timing during the rehearsals.

As the doors opened, the hotel provided smoke from the smoke machine. lights came on.

we had a niece holding a bubble machine walk up front to spray bubbles.

followed by 2 flower girls ji muis, we the couple and 3 more cousin flower girls.

as we approached the main table the waitering staff were ready with the 2 pulled out chairs for us.

all the waitering staff especially those at the main table were very attentive and helpful!

u hardly have to ask twice as all u have to do is look up around and one comes running to your side n kneels down to talk to you and await your request. seriously felt like a queen that night hahaah. all of them were super polite too. im not sure how the other waiter did but those that i came in contact with were all really good and experienced waiters.

the technician handled all my mvs well as i had 5 videos altogether for that night and all had specific sequencing.

i think the hardest would have to be march in queuing as its not..start music = walk in.

it was dim lights n start MV just as MC finish speech..16 seconds and music will change so MC has to say a sentence asking guest to stand in honor of the wedding couples before it changes. then the lights have to come back on just as doors open and smoke machine blows.

great job! really pleased they nailed it without us doing a full rehearsal n only just by explanation.

the feedback i got from guest about the food was slightly above average and some said good.

for me, comparing it to the food testing it wasnt as good.

if the food testing was 80% then the Ad would rate about 65% only.

waitering service is 98%

technician 95%

organizing 98%

ambiance and deco provided by hotel side for guest tables, ice carvings etc 89%

do note that all these are very subjective and ultimately depends on individuals.

id say use it as a rough guide as to what to expect but not as a 100% expected outcome.

the service i received might differ from anyone else so do bear that in mind.

take for example your letter of confirmation, both our received letters are very different apart arent they in terms of content?

lastly, we had a good buffet breakfast the next morning at the 11th floor.

the choice of food isnt large but its good enough for a hungry and tired couple ^__^.

Very glad to hear that everything of your wedding went smooth,

i am having my food tasting tonight at hotel equatorial. so its time for both family meet up as well.

what i am worrying is that you said the food are different from the day we taste. but hopefully they can improve it.

Thanks to share with us your experience in equatorial~

I have short listed EQ to be my banquet venue as well, will go and visit the ballroom next week.

Do u mind share with me your PG photos and AD photos so that i can have a look with them?

rotwein_tw@yahoo.com

thanks a lot =))

Girls...you may want to spend a bit more on the decor...as the hotel's 3 ballrooms look quite old. 5 months ago my Band performed back to back Wedding shows at their grand ballroom. The 1st night the decor was very nice...wth drapes all over the entrance, backdrop and colorful flowers all over. beautiful!

The 2nd night... there were none of these things...except some flowers only The ballroom looked old...'tired'...totally different from the 1st night. It lost that 'grand' feeling completely.

can you share who you hired and what the cost is? I'm looking for reasonable priced band too. Thanks!

has anyone engage live band performance in EQ ballroom before?

I am not before.... i am going to be.... on september

can you share who you hired and what the cost is? I'm looking for reasonable priced band too. Thanks!

i engaged for 3pcs band for around 2.5k

not sure the quality yet....

Please share with me your wedding program ya on the live band arrangement, thanks :happy: