Sign in to follow this  
kjoanne79

CNY HOMEMADE COOKIES

harlo,

does anyone know wat biscuit can be made by using slice almond?i hv bought one big pack of slice almond,but dunno wat to do with it.any nice recipes to share?thanks

Slice almond, you can use as cookie decoration. I use it when baking almond cookies, i place 1 slice on top of my cookies

CNY007.jpg

Or if you like, you can make almond slice (toasted) cornflake chocolate...

this biscuit look nice le..got recipes?

heavenode_cloud :

Almond Cookies (Adult thumb Print cookies - recipe from "Baking frm my home to Yours by Dorie Greenspan")

182g Ground Almond

182g Flour

224g Butter

70g Sugar

1 tsp Vanilla Essence

1/2 tsp Almond Essence

Method

- Mix Ground almond and flour

- Beat Butter and sugar at medium speed for 3-4 minutes

- Add in vanilla and almond essence, beat for another minute

- Add in flour mixture and knead to dough

- Roll into small ball and bake 175 C for 10-15 min.

Note :

I bake this as "London Almond Cookies" as well. Taste really great with melted chocolate!

thanks simmone!

i thought no one will make london almond cookies for CNY.. haha love london almond cookies..

Y no london almond cookies? I like it.... at first think of baking it by this weekend, though it's CNY not Hari Raya. Weird?

And also the cornflakes crips. Coz think these 2 the easiest and fastest to bake.

Y nobody bakes pineapple tart here? I baked them last year, taste better after modified the recipe. But too bad this year can't bake, coz no longer stay with mum, nobody cooks the jam for me. :P

BG, yeah...now is just good...less than one week before mah. :P We dun make them any earlier coz takut they'll go rancid before CNY is over. :(

Mei, ooo .. ok, got it :)

Every year my sis-in-law will bake cookies and every year I just makan but never contribute.

Now at least this year I can contribute on my lousy baking skill :D

BG, yeah...now is just good...less than one week before mah. :P We dun make them any earlier coz takut they'll go rancid before CNY is over. :(

i tried to make pineapple tart this year after stop making it for so many years.

the pastry is nice but the pineapple jam is somehow not quite right.

not enough sweet, no pineapple taste and it's not sticky. ( i have cooked many hrs and it turn brown )

and i have to throw away 15pineapples jam. :(

but i will not give up probably will try again during CNY.... hehe

Aish, give you a tip...to get the sticky feel, you need to add honey or maltose sugar (mak gah tong). Cook until the jam becomes sticky (it'll be wet coz of the juice when you first start). Hope these tips help. :)

meiteoh : Thanks for sharing the tips. I will be baking pineapple tart this weekend.

I will buy ready made (jam) and home cook some. Coz i m lazy to cook so much jam.

May i know how much mak ga tong (maltrose sugar) to add ?

Let say i will be cooking 2 pineapple ? Would 2 Tablespoon enough. Also Do you still add sugar ?

Thanks!

fusionista This almond cookies is very nice - One of my fav.

CherYeeI am thinking to make the almond slice cookies (thin) Can share with us the full recipe?

Thanks!

Simmone, my mum used to add by those big soup spoons...I think two should be ok...if you think it's not sticky enough, you can add more. Some people like very sticky jams, some like those soft soft type. :)

Yeah, you can cook some of the ready made together with your own, just to blend the taste. I would add a bit of sugar but if you don't like sweet stuff, better to try first. ^.^ Can add more as you go along mah.

meiteoh : I cooked pineapple jam yesterday. I uses 3 pineapple and 2 Tbs of "Mak Nga Tong" and a bowl of sugar

Yeah they are sticky enough to handle

Thanks!

Here's my another version of Pinepple Tart recipe by Jo but i used "Golden Fern" Butter instead. And i can tell you the aroma is really great. In fact i think i should just use this butter for my future baking - I would say this is the best pineapple pastry, i've made so far :lol: The pastry is very friendly (soft) and easy to handle. Can make into nastar, cookie cutter or wrap up.

020208_002.jpg

020208_001.jpg

020208_009.jpg

CL, I think you can use honey.

Amond Crisp

Ingredients

Almond Flakes (slices)

050208_003.jpg

Bienetta Flour Mixture

050208_002.jpg

Sprinkle flour lightly (thin) on tray evenly without hole, then sprinkle some almond (mix 1 tablesppon of Bienetta)

Bake 160 C ( I rotate during baking process) until light brown, remove from oven.

It will continue brown a little when cool.

050208_001.jpg

050208_005.jpg

050208_004.jpg

Kuih Bangkit

This one is cheating.. i bought the ready mix flour :D

050208_006.jpg

050208_007.jpg

Nice work, simonne!

So I bought 2 pineapples last night and I thought it's gonna take a long time to shred them all for the jam, but luckily my precious Kitchenaid food processor has a shredding blade and I was done chopping and shredding under 30 minutes! I'm so happy :P Gonna cook the jam tonight and make the cookies tomorrow :) Wish my luck!!

CL : Happy cooking your pineapple jam.. I 'm very lazy to cook them coz i just dun have the patience .. I bought ready made jam . Of course nothing taste better than homemade

aishiteru : Your cookies looks yummy. I think peanut cookies are everyone's fav. Can share your Almond Tuiles' recipe ?

Thanks

Just finished making the pineapple jam. Just shredded pineapples and sugar, took 6 hrs to cook it down to the right consistency (I think). Will make the rest tomorrow :P I saw on someone's blog that it did take 6 hrs for her as well. No wonder these lil yummies are so expensive!!! :P

CL : Ya, must cook for that long to make the jam dry . That's why i buy ready made ( me lazy!) also this year i found that my bakery supplier selling "less sweet" jam version.