Sign in to follow this  
kjoanne79

CNY HOMEMADE COOKIES

I baked 4 trays of kek lapis and 2 trays of cheese cakes within 2 days :lol: and I fall sick ;) on the second day of baking :lol:

Comment .. <_< so far so good, since it is my first try .. but they all give MORAL and GOOD SUPPORT! :D they said my kek lapis not bad :P .. cheese cakes still inside the fridge, I wonder when my sis-in-law will use that to serve the guests.

simonne,

I heard that the jam will dry even more in the oven, so it doesnt have to be too sticky at first. Jo's recipe only said cook for 1 hour, and Lily from Wai Sek Hong blog said not to cook too long too.

I cooked the 2 pineapples down and I made 140 balls, but with a lot of extras. I don't know why I have so much extra but we'll see how when I make the dough tonight, if I need to make larger balls instead.

I don't have a pineapple mould for making the roll-up version, but I bought the Wilton 2B basketweave tip, I hope it works!

How do you make the round ones? Do you flatten a ball of dough and wrap the jam inside and roll again go smoothen out the wrinkles? :unsure:

BG, take care of yourself! Get well soon and stay hydrated :)

Cl : For the round one , i find it is easier to do since you do not need any mould. I use 1/2 Tablespoon for the dough and 1 Teaspoon for the jam.

Wrap the jam with dough, then glaze and decorate with cloves. Some people use cutter and shape them as pineapple.

But MIL say that the roll pineapple tart taste better as they are small and perfect for bite sizes. For roll tart, -i dun think normal piping will do the work ( but you can try) as i find the dough is quite hard to push out by normal piping. (I uses Jo's dough) They are perfect! I uses Golden Fern Butter though.

simonne,

I was able to pipe the dough out when it was freshly made, but then I think it got warm and the butter must had been breaking down too fast when I was piping which resulted in the piped dough breaking, so I made the ball version for the rest of the dough. I was making long strips of dough and putting the jam ball and roll up, and the cutting it and start from where the cut was made. I could make the 5cm strips like Jo said. Oh well...

I used Jo's recipe too! OMG after eating the first one, we realized it's sooooo worth the effort! It's sooo good leh, just pineapple and sugar cooked for 6 hrs :P

Yea I was using my hb a lot to help me mould the cookies doughs, of coz he was rewarded with a few broken pieces that won't be packed for other people :P

I'm packing the cookies up in boxes tied with red ribbons as presents when we go to "bai nian" this weekend :)

hey simone sorry for the late reply.

the recipe as follows

140gm castor sugar

2 eggs

2 egg yolks

80gm flour (sifted)

250gm almond slice

1) beat sugar and eggs together till sugar melt

2) add in flour and then almonds

3) leave it for at least 1 hour ( to reduce the air bubles)

4) apply a very thin layer on the baking tray. (line the trays with silicon papers)

enjoy!

cheers.