Evie

Wedding Photos in Sabah

I'm glad to find this forum as it has help me quite a fair bit...but wud anyone be able to assist as i'm interested to hav my wedding photos to be taken in KK, Sabah...

I'm looking for an option of a BS in KK, Sabah to handle all my photos or the other choice wud be getting a freelance photograher and getting my own WG and get it printed in photobook...

In KK, may be u can check it out one quite reputable one called EverBest.

I was there last year, just browsing, and it has nice collection of gown.

A friends used EverBest for a wedding few years ago, and it was superb!

I therefore got to know the owner, and I think they are professional and quite proper when it comes to good customer service...

Evie,

You going Sabah for holiday or you are from Sabah?

I have the similar thoughts as you do... I wanna have OD at KK, Sabah... but my friend there told me, if i were to engage with a BS just for OD... I've to take the minimum package which is Rm3k - 4k... if i just take OD there for 3-4k, i think it's better to get a freelance PG & MUA there for 1 makeup session on your own gown...

just my own opinion :)

I'm glad to find this forum as it has help me quite a fair bit...but wud anyone be able to assist as i'm interested to hav my wedding photos to be taken in KK, Sabah...

I'm looking for an option of a BS in KK, Sabah to handle all my photos or the other choice wud be getting a freelance photograher and getting my own WG and get it printed in photobook...

Hi,

I'm in Sabah now, working here.If u plan to get engage to a bridal in kk, i recommend Life Studio in Tanjung Aru Plaza.their wedding gowns are so nice and still new too.Heard of a lot bad experiences with Ever Best, so diden even went to survey in Ever Best.i knew two brides got bad experience with EverBest

Hi rin,

mind to share where is Life Studio in Tanjung Aru Plaza? you have signed up with them? If I just wanna OD, do I still need to sign up their package? how much is their package range like? You heard any comments about Life Studio?

mind to share the bad experience with EverBest?

thanks for sharing :)

Hi,

I'm in Sabah now, working here.If u plan to get engage to a bridal in kk, i recommend Life Studio in Tanjung Aru Plaza.their wedding gowns are so nice and still new too.Heard of a lot bad experiences with Ever Best, so diden even went to survey in Ever Best.i knew two brides got bad experience with EverBest

Hi,

My future sis-in-law took her wedding package there last year.

this is what she encounter:

She n her hubby took the rm2000 package as they only want 1 album. During the gown selection day, the SA told them that they can pick any gown (4 gowns). So they just pick any gown that they were interested in.

Then the PS came, and everything was smooth.

It was during the gown selection day that problem started to arise. During photo selection, their SA told them that one of the gown that they chose were not in their package and they hav to pay another RM300 for it if they want their pics. They were furious as the SA should hav let them know earlier if the gown that they chose were not in the package.After a heated arguement, they decided not add those rm300 and they ended up with only 3gowns in the album.

The make up that EverBest did for her on their wedding day was a disaster too.everyone commented how bad her make up was. even the hairstyle is not so good. She has a curly hair, so the hairstylist made her a half-updo,meaning the hair is partly down. but the hairstylist didn't even bother to make her curls look nicer.she should hav set her hair to make the curls neater. the hairstyle didn't last for even 3 hours n she looked so messy by the time the church wedding was over.

Another friend of mine who took her pictures there had the same experience too. after the photo session, then they were told that 1 of the gown hav to pay another rm300.this is so absurb, how could they do this to their costumer?when my friend returned her gown, the SA said there's a loose thread on the gown and demanded her to pay rm50 for it. according to my friend, she didn't even notice the loose thread,mayb the gown was already spoilt before she got the gown.

if anyone decided to hav PS at EverBest, then you better watch out for these tricks. i hav to admit that the PG skills are quite good,but the album quality not good. after few people browsing through my fiancee's sis album, the gum like peeled off a bit, and you can see bloating pages of the album.but then again, depends on your luck too. mayb she was just unfortunate customer.

Dear rosayee,

i surveyed 3 bridal studios in kk,life studio, paris and eternity.but hav to say after you saw the gowns at life studio,you won't want to go other bridal shops oredi. thats how i felt la. even my future hubby said the same thing. initially we planned to hav our photo shots there, but after we went to bridal fair in centre point, future hubby prefers the PG styles from KL.So took our PS in KL. Hav to admit that even though the PG styles from KL is great,but my mind stil cannot get over the gowns in Tanjung Aru.So we cancelled our gowns in KL and rent my wedding gown at LifeStudio.

The package that was offered to me before was RM2588, consist of 2 outdoor (2 gowns) and 6 indoor gowns (8 gowns in all). Wedding day 1 wedding gown, 2 evening gown. just that they dun provide bridesmaid dresses la.

so i think if you just want the outdoor PS, it shouldn't b that expensive.

But still, you better check out the gowns first la, different people,different taste.

But if any of you still prefer EverBest, its up to you. Just want to share what i kno,so hope that i dun hurt anyone's feeling ya..

dear rin,

thanks for sharing... wow... your package have sooo many gowns... what's the size of your photos and albums? you had your PS? mind to share your photos with me??

do Life Studio have any website? or perhaps can you give me their address?

guess, I can only go there & have a look at their gowns only can decide... :)

thanks for ur info... :)

Dear rosayee,

i surveyed 3 bridal studios in kk,life studio, paris and eternity.but hav to say after you saw the gowns at life studio,you won't want to go other bridal shops oredi. thats how i felt la. even my future hubby said the same thing. initially we planned to hav our photo shots there, but after we went to bridal fair in centre point, future hubby prefers the PG styles from KL.So took our PS in KL. Hav to admit that even though the PG styles from KL is great,but my mind stil cannot get over the gowns in Tanjung Aru.So we cancelled our gowns in KL and rent my wedding gown at LifeStudio.

The package that was offered to me before was RM2588, consist of 2 outdoor (2 gowns) and 6 indoor gowns (8 gowns in all). Wedding day 1 wedding gown, 2 evening gown. just that they dun provide bridesmaid dresses la.

so i think if you just want the outdoor PS, it shouldn't b that expensive.

But still, you better check out the gowns first la, different people,different taste.

But if any of you still prefer EverBest, its up to you. Just want to share what i kno,so hope that i dun hurt anyone's feeling ya..

Dear rosayee,

What i told you earlier was the price they quote me last time. but as i said, we took our photo session in KL so i didn't hav my photo session at life studio.i only rent their wedding gown for my wedding next week. they called me earlier to inform that they hav new arrival gowns and ask me to go hav a look. so kind of very excited now,coz my 1st body fitting is this sat.Mayb i will change my gown if the new arrivals are nicer(though the one i picked was fabulous too).the shop is in Tanjung Aru Plaza. the plaza is not far from Terminal 2 airport. u won't get lost,its easy to find.

The package that they offer me got 2 albums,but duno if the price stil the same coz it was October when they gav me the price.

The lady boss is very friendly,easy to negotiate.

i also heard that LifeStudio is good from my fren... but just wondering how good is the photographer in shooting photos? i wanted a natural pose n more artistic style instead of the traditional way of shooting photos eg, all faces camera etc. Is there anymore good BS in KK? Victoria in Hilltop - good? Cinta Bridal in segama? or Eternal in Citymall? Help!! i need advice because i need to choose a BS in 3weeks time!!!!

As u all know, i'm new in this forum... my ROM will be in 19days, and there is alot of preparation for my wedding. so, just wondering is there any good BS for photo shoot in KK? anyone can give me any suggestions? anyone knew any 'si fu' (master) for us to choose our AD going be? Any place to shop for a nice wedding shoes? do anyone know if it is possible to go to Tanjung Aru Beach Hotel for Outdoor Photoshoot? Is there any procedures for me to do in order to get permission to take pics there or do we need to sign up for banquet there in order for us to Outdoor photo shoot? :(

Sorry for the long questions, as no one really giving me advices in my wedding preparation.... as my parents everything pun 'cin chai' saja... <_<

hi dreamaries79,

welcome to the forum... Congrats on your ROM :)

are you staying at Sabah? or just wanna have your PS at KK??

You can check it out the link here for more topics on wedding at Sabah...

Wedding At Sabah

Makeup Artist (MUA) at Sabah

dun get panic over the the wedding preparation... if you have any question, you can just post in this forum... there will be lotsa member here to help you... :)

Happy Wedding Preparations :)

As u all know, i'm new in this forum... my ROM will be in 19days, and there is alot of preparation for my wedding. so, just wondering is there any good BS for photo shoot in KK? anyone can give me any suggestions? anyone knew any 'si fu' (master) for us to choose our AD going be? Any place to shop for a nice wedding shoes? do anyone know if it is possible to go to Tanjung Aru Beach Hotel for Outdoor Photoshoot? Is there any procedures for me to do in order to get permission to take pics there or do we need to sign up for banquet there in order for us to Outdoor photo shoot? :(

Sorry for the long questions, as no one really giving me advices in my wedding preparation.... as my parents everything pun 'cin chai' saja... <_<

dear rin,

thanks for your infor.... perhaps I will drop by when I go KK this Apr 2008 :)

may I know the name of the lady boss ah?? If their photos & package is ok, then perhaps will get it there lor... we dun wanna spent too much on this as we have another package at KL here... we will decide when we drop by there... :)

thanks ya.. :)

Dear rosayee,

What i told you earlier was the price they quote me last time. but as i said, we took our photo session in KL so i didn't hav my photo session at life studio.i only rent their wedding gown for my wedding next week. they called me earlier to inform that they hav new arrival gowns and ask me to go hav a look. so kind of very excited now,coz my 1st body fitting is this sat.Mayb i will change my gown if the new arrivals are nicer(though the one i picked was fabulous too).the shop is in Tanjung Aru Plaza. the plaza is not far from Terminal 2 airport. u won't get lost,its easy to find.

The package that they offer me got 2 albums,but duno if the price stil the same coz it was October when they gav me the price.

The lady boss is very friendly,easy to negotiate.

hi all,

Is there a BS at KK town... near the Tang Dynasty? or near Centre Point?? What's the name of the BS around there??

thanks for sharing.. :)

hi dreamaries79,

i dun have my AD date yet... i'm from PJ here but going KK for holiday this coming Apr 2008 :)

I do thought of having my OD PS at KK... but my fren told me BS at KK dun have package for OD only.. i've to get the entire package which is abt Rm3xxx... I dun wanna spent so much on this as I do have another PS package here... so I will check it out at the BS there when i'm there :)

btw, when is your AD?

hello rosayee,

thanks for 'taking care' of me in this forum.... i'm a KK girl.

What about u? when is ur special day going to be?

hi dreamaries79,

i dun have my AD date yet... i'm from PJ here but going KK for holiday this coming Apr 2008 :)

I do thought of having my OD PS at KK... but my fren told me BS at KK dun have package for OD only.. i've to get the entire package which is abt Rm3xxx... I dun wanna spent so much on this as I do have another PS package here... so I will check it out at the BS there when i'm there :)

btw, when is your AD?

Hello Rosayee,

oh i see... Just wondering u know a girl called Yen Lai? Coz my fren, yen Lai will be visiting KK during april too along wif 3other girlfrens .. just wondering are u one of them? :P

Actually i have not set a date yet... my parents still haven't ask a si fu to check for an auspicious day for reception... we have just decided our ROM will be on my birthday end of march, and just bought our wedding band last sunday at TOMEI. Now my next planning would be BS to take the pre-wedding photos.... After decide on the AD, then i only can book for the reception.... i'm doing things slowly, as i just wan a small wedding... nothing fancy... ;) n only plan to book 10tables for the reception, only for relatives n closed frens :rolleyes:

where do u plan for ur honeymoon?

hi dreamaries79,

I dunno your friend.. i will be going with my bf... just to explore ard KK... perhaps this time will be some where far from KK town... so might rent a car to get around...

yeh... just start planning early to avoid stress... no matter small or big wedding, then the dates is getting nearer & things not done, sure will gets panic... so get things done earlier will be better... furthermore, you have longer time for negotiation & getting the best price :)

happy planning :)

Hello Rosayee,

oh i see... Just wondering u know a girl called Yen Lai? Coz my fren, yen Lai will be visiting KK during april too along wif 3other girlfrens .. just wondering are u one of them? :P

Actually i have not set a date yet... my parents still haven't ask a si fu to check for an auspicious day for reception... we have just decided our ROM will be on my birthday end of march, and just bought our wedding band last sunday at TOMEI. Now my next planning would be BS to take the pre-wedding photos.... After decide on the AD, then i only can book for the reception.... i'm doing things slowly, as i just wan a small wedding... nothing fancy... ;) n only plan to book 10tables for the reception, only for relatives n closed frens :rolleyes:

where do u plan for ur honeymoon?

hi dreamaries79,

I dunno your friend.. i will be going with my bf... just to explore ard KK... perhaps this time will be some where far from KK town... so might rent a car to get around...

yeh... just start planning early to avoid stress... no matter small or big wedding, then the dates is getting nearer & things not done, sure will gets panic... so get things done earlier will be better... furthermore, you have longer time for negotiation & getting the best price :)

happy planning :)

Rosayee,

just wondering what attracts u to come to Sabah for the Outdoor Photoshoot? :huh: Coz i know we all sabahan wanted go over KL for the OD :P I think sabah the usual pl to take Outdoor Shoot is by the seaside... if wanted to Mt Kinabalu or somewhere further, need pay extra.

Rosayee,

just wondering what attracts u to come to Sabah for the Outdoor Photoshoot? :huh: Coz i know we all sabahan wanted go over KL for the OD :P I think sabah the usual pl to take Outdoor Shoot is by the seaside... if wanted to Mt Kinabalu or somewhere further, need pay extra.

dreamaries79,

frankly... i really dunno... guess it's the scenary & a memorable place for my bf... he just likes it sooo much :)

erm, no one is giving any ideas in wedding preparation in sabah.... :( mostly the MB's member are from semenanjung..... where are the sabahan??? hahha

well, im a sabahan and will be having my brideside banquet there soon. about sabah's wedding prep, i think only one or 2 threads found in the forum, not much infos but some comments about MUA..etc . but its already been a great help for me who only have very short stays while went back there to sort things out..i managed to have trial/confirmed the MUA, visit to few restaurants/hotels & finally get the venue confirmed & paid the deposit just right before we came back to KL.