babysiew

Safe Deposit Box

Hi everyone...

Just some information I tot some of you might need... I have been looking for safe deposit box and most of the banks do not have vacant boxes... all full! Finally I called HSBC and they have vacant boxes for Size A and B which I think can fit the jewelry that u received during your AD... Cost for Size A is RM380 (RM10 stamp duty one off, RM250 refundable deposit for the key and RM120 for the rental), cost for Size B is RM400... So u have to be a HSBC account holder before you can open a safe deposit box... Just need to deposit RM250 as minimum but since they gonna deduct ur account for the opening of safe box, might as well u deposit RM400 into it for them to debit ur account... then the rental u have to pay annual into ur account and they will debit it...

The place they have safe deposit box in Selangor is PJ... near Menara PKNS...

Their number is 03 79592771

If u wan other place, u can call them and ask for the location...

Why I think we need safe box? Because a neighbour of my sister in law house got broke in by thief a few days after his son's wedding... jewelry all stolen... so nobody knows wat might happened... better be safe than sorry!

Hope it helps!

safety deposit box is very difficult to come by these days. used to have one at public bank but they terminated the service after their branch in serdang got broken into. then we found one in cimb jln sultan ismail. deposited our stuff there. one month later there was a terrible flood in kl . the bank got flooded but till now we never bother to check on our stuff.

hmm.. my mom has one. and luckily she keeps our valueble jeweleries in the safety box [HSBC too]. our house got broken in 2years ago and we lost all our cash, handphones, and some favourite jewelery pieces that we wear often. the bigger/bulky ones we kept in the safety box. its true that we should be safe rather than be sorry.

Actually for all the BTB to consider, bulgary case do happen very often. In fact I have heard ppl mention that even during those chinese style funeral the robbers will also put n eye on it, coz generally then security not as tight n there will be a lot of cash available (coz ppl give pak kum). Hence it's always good not to put all egg in 1 basket. So keep some here n there n the next day put everything at safebox!!

Yes. Yes. Pls put all your jewerelly in a safe deposit box. My wife's gold items given to her by my parents and her sisters were all stolen when a thief broke into our house when we were at work. Luckily no one was there at the time. Also lucky was some of the gold had already been deposited into a safe deposit box. My wife just took out a few items she thought she would like to wear but end up all got stolen! So pls DO NOT keep valuables in your house. The thief knows where to search and got to the items even though my wife hid them away. Also stolen was my Sony compact digital camera at the time....*sob* *sob*

Hi All,

I just curious abt whether keep in safe box is it mean really 'SAFE' since so many case happen b4 this that the bank had been broken in and all the clients things are lost!!!!

Anyone can share on those cases happened b4 what the those people get their reimbursement? :huh:

fyi each box comes with 10k insurance cover. So dun put too many things above 10k inside lor.

I feel safe deposit box is safer than u put at home whereby we only go home after work and most of the time not at home.

ya they come with a 10k insurance... when u claim (in case of losses), u have to have documentation to prove that u have RMXXX in the safe deposit... the safe deposit box, u can put a small padlock as well... i just got mine last tuesday... very easy, just filled up the forms and u can have a safe deposit box alredi...

before u put stuff inside, record down wat u put inside lor... so u remember next time...

most banks have safe deposit boxes... the problem is... most are all full... no more vacant lots... only a few banks have... usually u must have an account with them or FD to open a safe deposit box...

ya PJ there very jam! I round the car park a few times be4 i got a place to park!

Thanks for sharing now i know more abt it :D

ya they come with a 10k insurance... when u claim (in case of losses), u have to have documentation to prove that u have RMXXX in the safe deposit... the safe deposit box, u can put a small padlock as well... i just got mine last tuesday... very easy, just filled up the forms and u can have a safe deposit box alredi...

before u put stuff inside, record down wat u put inside lor... so u remember next time...

most banks have safe deposit boxes... the problem is... most are all full... no more vacant lots... only a few banks have... usually u must have an account with them or FD to open a safe deposit box...

ya PJ there very jam! I round the car park a few times be4 i got a place to park!

hi people, what do you guys think about safety box at home? The one we can use combination of numbers to lock the box, get a super heavy one, is it good enough?

hi people, what do you guys think about safety box at home? The one we can use combination of numbers to lock the box, get a super heavy one, is it good enough?

super heavy safety box at home is good... but which brand is good? I'm also looking ard but dunno which is good.. :(

for safety box at home, really choose those super heavy & big.

my friend's mum got 2. one seal-in with the floor. another very big also, but the thiefs manage to take it with them. drag it all the way out, so the whole house including the main door & gate, all spoilt already. :sad: they got 4 dogs, cctv & alarm, still cant prevent any robbery.

for safety box at home, really choose those super heavy & big.

my friend's mum got 2. one seal-in with the floor. another very big also, but the thiefs manage to take it with them. drag it all the way out, so the whole house including the main door & gate, all spoilt already. :sad: they got 4 dogs, cctv & alarm, still cant prevent any robbery.

huh! these people are are really desperate! sigh. Is your friend house very big and attracting attention?

huh! these people are are really desperate! sigh. Is your friend house very big and attracting attention?

yalor, semi-d, but they suspected is the maid. since they could kaotim the whole house (i mean just those valuable stuff, passport, cash, jewellery, currency) in less than 20min.

later 2 neighbour's house kena.

the sad thing was her mum put all the jewellery inside the lighter safety box. cos the one seal in with d floor, very mafan to open, so everything gone lor. including my friend's ka cheong. :sad:

skye, which bank in SS2 that your mum had her safety box? Thanks :)

my mum put hers in SS2... u cn try ss2 bank rosayee

In SS2, EON Bank also got safety box available. But only smallest size. Maybe you can drop by to check with them.

I opened mine in OCBC, HQ at Masjid Jamek. In my opinion, I trust a big & tall building rather than shop lots..:P.