ailin

All about Wedding Cakes

meiteoh,

I like those cakes you put up. Wanna get one of those for myself. But the price is scaring me!!

Do you think Lillian can do cakes like the photo you posted? I ask cos those photos of Lillian's cakes put up earlier, doesn't seem to have the smooth texture. :P :P not sure what you call that...

Lmond,

Maybe you can email her and check. I'm sure she does take special orders. ^.^ I won't be getting a real cake so this is out of the window for me. Bleck.

Gals.., hahah.., I know I sound like a sales gal promoting this webbie, but I just loooovvvveeeee their design.

Check this out

http://justheavenly.blogspot.com/

1080479252_df821ee230.jpg

I check out already for the 3D design, it's RM76/kg, min 2 kgs.

I really wish I could get the wedding cake also, but my restaurant has provided it. :(

Dunno whether I should get a wedding cake or not...what would I do with it after cutting? Ask restaurant to serve as dessert ar?

Yeap the restaurant will serve the cake as dessert, and for Americans anyway, the top layer is kept and froze to be eaten on the 1st year anniversary :rolleyes:

Escudo,

What do you mean by "how to cut the cake"? Just cut at the bottom layer lah...

Christine,

Look at this cake

poetryweddingcake.jpg

If we cut the bottom part, won't it topple over? If we cut from the top it will be very messy, isn't it?

:lol:

Yeah, I mean you're not going to be rough with the cake rightttttt?

Hm...won't it be a funny sight if it topples over? Story of the year, man!!!!!!!!!!1 :lol:

A little bit of the bottom part? That ain't be enough to feed 100+ over guest rite?

So the top part cannot be eaten? Sayang loooh~

no no... wat we meant is u and hubby will just cut a lil of the bottom part... just slice it... just for show nia... but not cut a piece out... then the restaurant or hotel ppl will cut into small small pieces for ur guests haha... :D

Oh no no no... you cut a bit on the bottom layer on the stage. The bride and groom wouldn't be cutting up the whole cake and serve the guests.

After you do the ceremonial cutting, the cake will be brought into the kitchen and the banquet staff will remove the layers and cut them into smaller pieces and serve them to the guests :)

See my wedding cake? It's also 3 layers.... (see my avatar)

just like when you a the birthday gal/guy cut their bday cake, its just to take pics oni rite? then someone else will cut up the whole cake and serve...

OIC!!!!

So it's done by the kitchen staff, and they take the layers down. I have been thinking right and left, top and bottom, how to cut from top to bottom in front of the guests.., hahha..., silly me~

Thanx for the info gals~

:)

Escudo: Why they no email me wan? I sent them an email like last week and still no news. T.T

Mei.., maybe they are still trying to figure out how to design the cake before quoting you?

R u getting any wedding cake anyway?

My resto already include the wedding cake, but after looking at all the beautiful cakes.., really so tempted~

i also tempted... my restaurant also got give fake cake haha... but my florist said if it looks ugly, she will touch up with flowers for me... so ok lor...

me also planning to get a wedding cake, coz the restaurant dummy one really not good. but i very greedy, haha, must share with guess ah? can dun share and ownself take all? wahaha...

Escudo :)

Anyway I would be getting cupcakes and wedding cake. Cupcakes for the guests and the wedding cake layered with cupcakes for the wedding cake cutting. JWM would be doing it for me. No need to source externally. I just dont like dummy cakes. Because for all the weddings I've attended I'll always think cheh no wedding cake to eat. So for mine definitely would give to everyone.

I just cannot resist posting this cake here!!!

I know I'm biased, my theme colors were pink and brown... wished I had found this cake much earlier :(

audreyweddingcake.jpg

IF...IF my cake deco skills are good, I'll make my own cupcakes! HAHAHAHA!

O'wait...I'm not giving out cupcake favours or having a cupcake tier. DAMNIT.

I just got married in June and it was such an excellent day for both my hubby and I........... we planned our wedding well over a year in advance.. now I know why they say it's once in a lifetime kinda thing.......... I won't wanna go thru the same kinda process and preparation.........

I wanted to share with everyone on my good friend's contact for home made cakes....... it was really really good..... I ordered cupcakes from her, she did such a good job with the colour and the texture of the cake was so soooooo good.. all personalized to our own wedding theme..... It was so nice!! All my relatives and friends said it was really meaningful and tasty... She packed the cakes in cute chinese take out boxes (imported from the USA)!!!!

She does real whole chocolate cakes too...... all from the comfort of her own home!!

Her contact is as follows: 012 620 2976....

So, dear brides..... if you like something different for your wedding favours or some special cakes for any occasion with reasonable price, give her a call.... I've no regrets!

hi lovequeen,

do you have any pic of her cakes taken on ur wedding to share with us ah??

How much she charge each ah?? what other bakery she do ah?

Thanks for sharing :)

lovequeen,

i would like to see the pic too.. how much she charge?

was thinking of getting something special for the wedding favours, maybe i can consider to have cup cakes.

by the way, what is her name? u only stated the phono no but no name there