ailin

All about Wedding Cakes

BigBoysOven + BigBoysCakes same chefs.. Sunny bakes, Sidney decorates if i'm not mistaken. i think they dont do dummy cakes lehz.

Agnes, nex time i oso wanna go rob their cakes already. lol..

Oh they don't do dummy cakes ah? Hehehe... Not a big problem I think if I'm taking 3 tiers... just have to think who to give more.. hahaha..

jaunty_niel......no need to rob lar, just take and run....keekekkeke! those boys are so nice, we sit down and yak, yak and yak..... I think both of them design the cake and sunny bake and deco the cake. Ya lor they told me they are going to do cupcakes for an engagement this CNY.

wan yee, they do dummy cakes, but my one just enough to feed both our family and relatives. You know lar my mummy wants to give all the yee mah koo jeh. hehehehe RM750 just a good budget for me, if more than one thousand, susah no money heheehehe.

eh, din know that they do dummies!

engagement cupcakes for CNY, that would be me! haha.. i chosed choco flavour. sinfull.. wakakkaka..

really should meet them up for those nice nice cupcakes and macaroons..

thanks agnes for the info... I think don't really matter if they do dummy cakes or not as long if 3 tiers can get for RM750 think good enough for me liow... hehehe... I terbalik with you pula... If I do all 3 tiers real cake, dunno who to give... hahhaha.. U have the photo / picture of your design? Your 3 tiers is stacked on top of each other one izit? Or using the stands?

thanks savanah... hhahaha jaunty... error page leh...

wan yee,

I ordered a 3 tier stack cake from the boys. I saw this 3 tiers cake of mine from a wedding book brought by the biys to the meeting...hehehehe... an american bridal magazine.

savanah,

I saw cathy's designe but I find that theirs are more home based look, I wanted a more young and refreshing ones..... :)

jaunty_niel..... there is also another talented baker clledwhiz...... inawhiz.blogspot.com

thanks jaunty... Agnes, can't wait to see your cake... hehehe :D yah, savanah, the Beth's cake look quite nice.. specially the red one which the chinese couple as topper... cute.. heheh. kind of like that, but don't think I will get that kind... meaning as in so red... i know my mum will say wah so much colouring used.. ahhaha.. Showed her something like that before where is was all red... said to much colouring later ppl dun dare to eat... hehehe... If other things more colouring used is ok, but not when come to eating...

hehehe I can't wait to get my own cake if I can... ehhehe... but depends on my parents again... They may not agree into spending on it when a dummy cake is already provided by the hotel.... *Sigh*...

normally ppl wont eat the fondant part, cos its very sweet + hard. ppl will just break the fondant then eat the cake inside.. thats wat Sidney told me lu..

yeah, normally if it's fondant, ppl don't eat coz too hard... but at times too much colouring can scare ppl off also... hahhaah... Ah, don't care la, I just do what I want la... hehehe...

but seriously, fondant cakes are more attrative right. looks so cute!

i was opting for fondant cupcakes previously, but Sidney advised me to get buttercream cupcakes, so i changed my mind somehow.

fondants are irrisistable..

I'm gonna make a two tier fondant covered fruitcake for my wedding. Still brainstorming on the design but it's going to be very very VERY simple with some airbrushing, glitter, fondant flowers and ribbons...I think. :P

I think I'm going to go for a combination of the elements from the two cakes below for my two-tier cake. Will use the henna-like brush pattern on the sides (painted gold), beads on the bottom of each tier and then top it off with a spray of ivory/golden yellow lilies (which I'll dust with gold sparkle) and one/two lilies on the bottom tier.

2185031390_e8c21bf11e.jpg2184244943_949b27a408.jpg

What you guys think?

hi girls, my wedding is just 2 months+ away, i have not decided on the cake yet. Just curious, is it worth to spend RM600+ for a 2 tier cake ah? I am still not convinced if we really need a cake, i suppose cutting cake on a wedding symbolize union of 2 person, is it true ah? also, why do we need tier cake ah? it is so much expensive compared to a birthday cake which cost the most RM70 :unsure: *confuse*

In my HB's culture, the wedding cake symbolizes fertility and since we thought we'd like it. But for the wedding dinner at the restaurant, I will be using the dummy cake. The real cake is only for the house buffet party...and people will be eating it for dessert.

Seriously, if you don't want to spend all that $$$ for a real cake which people won't touch coz they are too full after an 8-course meal, then don't. It's your wedding, your decision...you shouldn't conform to what people THINK you should do. :)

And it's expensive because of the work...trust me...I'm about to die here. :P

I think cake cutting (or a wedding cakes) is more to western culture and it depends on individual preference and needs.

I will not using the dummy set provided by the restaurant, however I will do the cup cake to be served during the lunch buffet and as what Mei said, people can take that as dessert.

A beautiful wedding cake (either 2 tiers or more than) will cost you a lot of money due to the creativity and time consuming too, expecially the cake makes from gum paste (sugar paste), nice but you need a lot of works and time to do it, sure Mei can understand as she is doing one for her dad's bday and her own wedding's cake :) Mei .. can't wait to see your dad's bday cake, sure lovely. :)

Oh it symbolizes fertility ah? :o something new to me :D My wedding is rather simple, without the cake cutting ceremony, it seems like too simple..haha...i hope i can make up my mind soon. Came across once a website there they use real chocolate & decorate it into a "cake" by stacking them all together, very nice but pricey too.

just found this design fit my taste.

doublehapcakeideaid8.jpg

cupcakes:

signaturepetitfours150jm3.jpg

monogrammedpetitfours15az3.jpg

these are easier to make..no fancy frills juzt colors to attract attentions..

should cost less...i'm a no.1 budget bride :P

the cupcakes r so cute! love the cake design too. hope i have extra budget for those nicey cakes but too bad, budget comes first. i ordered cupcakes with macaroons for my engagement party. hope they turn out like just i want them to be!

http://bigboysoven.blogspot.com/2008/01/da...to-indulge.html