ailin

All about Wedding Cakes

Does anyone here has contacts to cakes in Ipoh. I would like to have one made, maybe a 4-tier, fancy cakes like those we see in Choffles, etc.

My wedding dinner is in Ipoh and I would like to have a real cake to cut on, not a fake one :P and to be served to guests.

Thanks.

u can try to send PM to 'jetfynn' - our member who is based in ipoh. he got many lobang, i think he can helps u. :lol:

Ok. Replied personally. Anyway, the best one that I would recommend would be Mdm Chong who operates from the house here in Ipoh. She supplies them to hotels in KL and has a rather low profile.

Hi Ailin, I am interested in seeing the designs from your friend lilian. Would she be open to accept designs from me and making them to suit? Can you please email me her wedding cakes? Thx

Hi all,

I am also interested in Cake mayb 3 tier with icing..simple 1.........but I am celebrating in Penang....

Pls share with me.

Thanks

Can check with Jenni's Bakery in Pulau Tikus, next to Bandar Baru Pulau Tikus. You can show them what you want, they will give you few wedding cake magazines to see... they quoted me RM550 for a 3-tier cake which is quite simple. But I was thinking to change other design. Anyhow, I still have time to think of it as my wedding is in March 2007. They suggested me to order it 1 month before the wedding date.

Check here for wedding cakes websites:

http://www.brides.com/weddingstyle/cakes/gallery/editorspick

http://www.weddingchannel.com/wedding-plan...20:p:11:l:46423

Hi all,

I am also interested in Cake mayb 3 tier with icing..simple 1.........but I am celebrating in Penang....

Pls share with me.

Thanks

Can check with Jenni's Bakery in Pulau Tikus, next to Bandar Baru Pulau Tikus. You can show them what you want, they will give you few wedding cake magazines to see... they quoted me RM550 for a 3-tier cake which is quite simple. But I was thinking to change other design. Anyhow, I still have time to think of it as my wedding is in March 2007. They suggested me to order it 1 month before the wedding date.

Check here for wedding cakes websites:

http://www.brides.com/weddingstyle/cakes/gallery/editorspick

http://www.weddingchannel.com/wedding-plan...20:p:11:l:46423

HI,

Great, but have you tasted any of their wedding cakes....DO u mind share with us what type of cake u ask her to bake......

THANKS

never try their wedding cake before leh. my colleagues bought me the birthday cake from them, it tasted delicious. i will have mine in chocolate flavour as they are famous in chocolate cake and my hubby & I love chocolate.

Have u tried searching for other bakeries.....Is the price consider cheap ar?

Regards,

Babylin

No, I don't. I know Coffee Bean also have wedding cake but only 2 options. Too tired to source for so many things...

For those who are getting married in or nearby ipoh and wish to have good butter icing cake - the ever famous Nancy Chong is still doing and she's charging only RM35 per kg, and for a 3 tier wedding cake would cost RM350 only!

I'm going to have my wedding banquet in Ipoh and is looking for a reputable cake vendor, does Nancy make other cute looking cakes too? Do you have samples or her website of cakes?

BR.

Hi Mandy,

Sorry for this late reply.. No Nancy doesnt have a website to view her cakes. She does pretty conventional cake designs but detailed and nice. Her butter cake is excellent.

I ordered my 3 tier 10kg cake for RM350 and top another RM30 for the roses, because I didnt want the artificial flowers on it.

She even delivered to my wedding venue for FOC.

Here's the look of my actual wedding cake in Ipoh

post-8-1163674448.jpg

Hi Ailin, I am interested in seeing the designs from your friend lilian. Would she be open to accept designs from me and making them to suit? Can you please email me her wedding cakes? Thx

Hi ..

PM me your email address.. I will forward you Lilian's cake designs. I am not sure if she'll accept your designs because she is known for her cutie designs for all occassions.

Her price has just gone up to a 3 tier 10kg wedding cake @ RM700. When I booked her, it was 8 months ago, so she still gave me the old price then. :)

My actual wedding cake from Lilian...

post-8-1163674765.jpg

Hi Ailin, thanks for your reply. Your cake looks great!!! So edible.

I did call Lilian but unfortuantely she has declined to take on my design. So I have to look into another supplier. Sigh. THanks though!

Hi people,

I found in june female mag 2006 more supplier for cakes

Pelita Lim, matthias patisserie,angelina skelchy and celicakes.

All the cakes that they made featured in the mag looks gorgeous.... must be of course.. in national bridal mag :unsure:

:unsure: no lah... bought it when i was home this summer.. thought it might come in useful. There's a new issue coming out in Dec. Plan to ask my mom to get it for me and post it...

actually I love bridal mag... i have always been looking at them in mag stand while waiting for public transport :P

yes, and lots of advertisement that is good to look at....

I only buy this malaysia one because I think it will come in handy

Anyone knows where I can get miniature wedding cakes in KL/PJ at a budget price? Planning to give those away as wedding favours (if it is within budget).

wedding_cakes300.jpg