ailin

All about Wedding Cakes

Mei Teoh,

Thanks for sharing the info...

Appreciate it very much! No wonder lar...a wedding cake cost so much compared to normal cake...

Oh Ling, envy u can find such affordable cupcakes in Kuching...

In KL, the cheapest is RM3.30. If mini it cost RM1.50

Anyway, i had gave the cake design i wish for to my wedding planner to discuss with cake designer...

Hope the quote will suit my budget lor..

Jessy,

I oled place an order to try their cupcake design, see whether they can give the design that I want =) now waiting for his reply.

RM1 is cheap to me =P oh ya .. I saw some father's day cupcakes from your facebook, how much is that?

Hi Ling,

That fathers day cupcake i purchased from Wondermilk at Damansara Utama (Uptown). Mini 49pc for RM60.

Chk out this website of Wondermilk for more details.

http://cuppacakes.blogspot.com/

The taste of the cake is delicious! And the decoration is beautiful. There are lots of designs available to choose from...

Initially i had tot of purchasing cupcakes from Wondermilk for my wedding cake.

But my wedding planner say like that cant cut cake wor...

need at least at small cake at the top...

I m afraid too troublesome to collect cakes from 2 different place mer...so abolish this idea lor....

Actually you don't need to cut the cake per se...there are other ways to symbolize cutting of cake like lighting the candles on the cupcake stand and such before feeding your partner the cupcake... Maybe less profit for wedding planner if you angkat cupcake? :p

Wondermilk has pretty lovely cupcakes and I like them mainly because of one thing and one thing along - their cupcakes are filled to the brim with cake and not half-way, then covered with frosting (like other cupcake makers)! Frosting is cheaper than cake batter. :P

Oh Mei Teoh,

Thanks for ur suggestions. Will consider abt it. :wub:

My wedding planner actually let me source for cake supplier myself and she wil follow up from there. But as i m getting very bz recently, i had asked her to chk out wsith the supplier which i em fond of... Haven get the quotea yet...

Btw, Wondermilk cupcakes r indeed very very delicious. The cake taste wonderful! Most of other cupcakes which i bough b4, the cake under the frosting taste awful.

I m so surprised when i ate Wondermilk cupcakes which delicious. Its worth the price though. I'll wait for the cake supplier quote for my 2 tier cake 1st. Then will decide which 1 i prefer.

Jessy,

Actually you can get cupcake then get another small cake for cake cutting if you want, this is what I will do =)

The cupcake baker doesn't do cake, so what I will do is, bake a small cake for him and get him to use the fondant to cover on the surface then decor with cherry blossom fondant will do =) just make a simple one.

hi all~

i'm also thinking of getting cupcakes as my wedding cake~

does anyone know where to get the top layer cake?

wondermilk's cupcakes looks delicious~ ^0^

Wah Ling,

U bake ur own wedding cake to cut oso ah?

:blush: Pai Seh ler...

I never bake cake b4 lor... :oops:

So can not harap me to bake 1 lor...

Need get a cake baker to make for me...so end up cost RM250 for a small cake (without cake topper) to top the cupcakes if i wan.

So end up, total cost oso abt the same for me to order a 2 tier wedding cake...

easier for me to organise if the order for cake from 1 party...rather than 2...

Headache! :dash2:

Yeah, better to get from one source instead of multiple for one item. :smile:

(Hey, as for the baking, you can always start learning. Ask Ling - I bug her non-stop to try when I first met her... :smile: )

jessy,

Mabel was right =P until I start my first try on baking and now addicted =P I will bake every weekend =D then is my turn to bug her on my mistakes/problems .. kekekekeke =P

Actually if you don't fancy on the cake base, you can get bakery shop to make a simple sponge cake then get the cupcake baker to decor it for you =) what do you think?

Hi,

Can any1 pls recommend me where to get a 5 tier cream sponge cake? I'm looking for something very simple & don't have to taste very nice like 5 star rating 1 hehe.. tq. :blush:

Hi Ling & Mabel,

I think i had lost this thread all this time...

Just to update, i had ended up engaged a cake baker cum designer name Anizah from Truly Scrumptious Treats. She quoted to me a 2 tier square cake for RM500.

Decided to go with my idea of black cake with silver figurine which i had bought last week...

Here is the photo which i wish to share wif u all.....the cake which i intended to have for my wedding....n there will be some minor changes here & there for sure...

JessyCake.jpg

N the cake topper will be this:-

040720091817.jpg

What u all think of this combination?

jessy,

what's the height for your topper? and what's the height for each cake, the proportion has to be balanced, otherwise the topper may look too big on the cake.

I like your black + silver idea, unique and nice! =)

Dear Ling,

I'll leave the propotion thingy to the cake baker...as i dunno anything abt these...

The dimension of my cake topper is 22cm height, 12cm width....

perhaps u may help me to suggest...

so i can make sure i will get correct proposal from my cake baker...

Jessy,

The topper is quite 'tall' your

The first layer which hold the topper shouldn't lesser than 15cm and the whole cake shouldn't less than 30cm in total, it is just my suggestion, you better get your baker to calculate it for you. =)

Hi girls,

I need some advice here about wedding cake. On my wedding day, the dessert includes 2 type of cakes among other pastries etc. I am now wondering if I also need to provide enough cake for the guest from the cake-cutting ceremony. What is normal? Do all the guest expect to get a piece of cake from the wedding cake? or would it be ok if we dont supply?

Please advice.

Thanks

Not all wedding with wedding cake served, so it is alright if you don't serve.

Just imagine, what if you are using dummy set? is there any 'wedding cake' to serve your guests!?

~*pepper*~,

*nod nod* you are right, can use styrofoam =)

last weekend I went to baking supply shop to buy 1 hard paper cake plate for my fondant cake and I saw they have various sizes, the most expensive (the bigger but forgot the size) is about RM3 per piece =P if I don't want to use styrofoam, I just need to get few pieces of that (in differ sizes) and DIY them into the cupcake tier that I want =P

hi girls,

Thanks for the idea. What i am thinking is that; instead of dummy cake, cut a real cake and serve to all guest. But this is what i am still wondering. Perhaps no need to serve the guest the wedding cake. the guest have enough food to eat anyway :-)