ailin

All about Wedding Cakes

i still havent decide about that:-( If i supply for all, then may be 3-5tier. But if i dont supply, then only 1 tier with real cake and the other tiers will be the dummy cake.

sakurachan,

well if the food is more than enuf just go for 1 tier, after all I can see guests will not have 'space' for the cake after 7/8 courses of dinner =P

I'm using cupcake and cupcake will be served after 4th course while HB is giving his 15 mins speech >.< as after speech will be toasting thus I will get the restaurant stop serving after 4th course, while waiting for toasting and 5th course, cupcake will be served in between =)

Oh ya .. I will have my cake cutting ceremony after marching, thus cupcake can be served after 4th course =)

wait a minute...

i'm not sure now

those dummy cakes provided by restaurants/hotels

do they have any REAL cake in them?

last time i heard some people said they have the bottom layer with REAL cake

others said that they have a SLICE of real cake, just to cut

some say its all styrofoam =.=

which is the real one?

hi girls,

My hotel is providing only 1kg real royal icing cake. So if i want to supply cake for all the guest, i will ask the hotel to make more than 1kg in few tiers and of course i have to pay for it. But if i dont want to supply for all, i will have the real cake at the bottom layer, other tiers will be dummy cake. So i will get a cake cutting ceremony with a nice set of cake display:-) and also real cake for at least the guest in the main table ;-)

Hi KChan,

Sorry for the late reply. Had been very bz with work recently and seldom chk MB and also missed this thread.

For all my vendors contact no, pls chk it at my signature in every of my post.. U will get all of them there... Thats the reason i lift them in my signature for reference to all BTB which may interested to contact any of my wedding vendor.

Good luck in ur search!

Greetings!

Vanilla Cakes & Such wish to invite all of you to visit our page and browse our personalized cupcakes and cakes collection for all your occassion needs. We encourage our customers to be adventurous and we offer cakes and cupcakes personalized to your important events from guo dai lai to wedding, or as hantaran to baby shower, full moon and anniversaries..birthdays, hen's nite or just for fun. Our cakes are baked with the freshest, high quality and pure ingredients and we only use ingredients deemed halal from our local bakery supplies stores.

Please visit us at Vanilla Cakes & Such

You don't have to be a facebook user to view. Otherwise, feel free to just drop us an email at Vanilla Cakes & Such for further enquiries/details.

Thank you and hope to see you soon.

Cheers,

Adrianne

Hi Girls,

I wish to share with all my wedding cake designed by Truly Scrumptious - Anizah:-

_MG_9853.jpg

_MG_9929.jpg

jess,

I met her once b4, during my pre marriage course.

she is a nice person & sharing lots of idea with us b4.

u really 'daring' use black colour, if my mum or husband side see it sure kill me.

:lol:

Does anyone heard of a cake baker name Olive in Kuching? I'm looking for a baker for my wedding... I'm thinking of a simple 3-tier as I don really fancy the dummy cake provided by the hotel...

Appreciate anyone's help on this. Thanks ya!

mmm .. never heard about this baker before, any webby?

Does anyone heard of a cake baker name Olive in Kuching? I'm looking for a baker for my wedding... I'm thinking of a simple 3-tier as I don really fancy the dummy cake provided by the hotel...

mmm .. never heard about this baker before, any webby?

BG,

I cant locate any of her website or information but I heard she is an old-timer in this industry and her cake is really nice.... so just wondering if anyone could help here...

Sorry for such late reply...

MIA again... wakakaka...

Missed out this thread...

Thanks so much Didardi & Ling for ur comment...

Didardi, i just love this black cake when i saw in 1 of the wedding mag i have...

so i told my HB that i want to have 1 black cake for my wedding... He say OK...

N indeed he love it when he saw the actual cake... he said the cake topper is perfectly matches the cake...and the cake looks very unique...

I love it very much too... :wub:

Thanks to Anizah... but such a pity that i never met Anizah (Truly Scrumptious)...only spoke to her for a few times b4 my wedding, over the phone....

But i think she is a very sweet & professional lady and most importantly very creative too!

Highly recommended! :cheers:

cuppies,

mmmm .. let me ask around .. home-based ah!?

jessy,

your cake is really nice! no one has using black cake (at least me, never see a black cake before =P) and it looks .. how to say .. elegant!

Thanks again Ling.

Indeed me myself din c a real 1 too... i only saw in a mag and get Truly Scrumptious - Anizah help to make 1. N she managed to make the exact shape like in the mag....adding some personal touch of my theme...

I just love it 2... :wub:

Hi Ling,

I indeed very happy & excited to see my black cake.

N Anizah indeed very creative and she incorporate my wedding logo in my cake to make it more personalised...

N i kept the whole cake to my self...do not want to share with all my guests...just cut some to some of the close relative the next day....N i divided the whole cake myself...admiring it all the night (alone - after my HB slept as he was drunk) and the next day :lol:

Its the biggest real cake i ever seen (so far)!!!

Simply love it! :wub:

Hi Ling,

I indeed very happy & excited to see my black cake.

N Anizah indeed very creative and she incorporate my wedding logo in my cake to make it more personalised...

N i kept the whole cake to my self...do not want to share with all my guests...just cut some to some of the close relative the next day....N i divided the whole cake myself...admiring it all the night (alone - after my HB slept as he was drunk) and the next day :lol:

Its the biggest real cake i ever seen (so far)!!!

Simply love it! :wub:

Jessy,

Your wedding cake is very nice, and you very brave as well to choose black colour for your wedding cake. Last time when i did my invitation was thinking about using black and white, but to consider of my parent reaction...i change it back to a very traditional colour RED!! For my own wedding cake i choose to use RED as well. here is some of the picture. Hope you gals like it!

15858_161468711867_652301867_2832260_215

15858_161468351867_652301867_2832259_264

Jessy,

If I were you I won't want to share and also 'mg sei tar' to eat the cake too! =)

Actually on the dinner night I totally forgot about my cake! hahahaha is my siblings tapau them back =D then still have some cupcake left over, also tapau back by them =D only until the next day I have the change to try the mini cupcake .. not bad =P

Samantha,

wow! nice! and it is using fresh red roses .. nice! =)

Samantha,

I like ur cup cake wedding cake.

what's the top white color layer, cream or icing ? bottom is butter muffin right ?

this is the theme color i wanted.