anna belle

Bridal Shop - My Dream Wedding House

I have just backed from ML, HK. The result turned up to be very satisfied and feel really regret to gave up some of the nice pictures....

I don have any problem for the whole process....It went smooth....

My MUA is Ming, who is really high skill and she did advised the best style that suit me. And as expected, the make up turned up to be very natural and I truely appreciate her advise.....

My PG is Wingo. He is very professional and I really like his shooting style...He did cheer us up and tried to make us not to feel too tired....He really made a very good memory for both of us...

My PG assistant is Lawrence. This guy is really funny and always want us to smile and he tried to use all his technique to make us smile...it's really relax working with them...

What I can say is, if you don take into consideration of air tkt and hotel charges, it worth the way!!! Just treat it as your vacation and do plan ahead...I think it's really a good experience for the couple and I feel it!!!

I think MDWH is offering the alomost-the-same package for everyone. It's just the way they substitute the gift with the money rebate, maybe.

I am not sure whether you can get more by barganing, cos I do not bargain too much...Mayb you can have a chat with them and ask for more from them, they should be willing than enough to serve you......

Hi Vinnii,

Thanks for sharing your experience. My MUA is Ming too. Hope the make up and pictures will look good. Please share your pictures with us. How many additional pictures did you add?

My fitting session is this Wed, hope can get nice gowns……and my PS will be in Dec, hope will not be too cold and will be freeze to death…….

Hi,

I didn't add on any additional photos coz I had told my FH not to spend too much on this.

Coz I think it's a very good chance to get PS in HK, so we feel enough and enjoy it!!!

But one thing you must confirm is the coating for the small album. They asked me to add on HKD350 for the coating. I didnt expect to pay on this coz they din told me upfront.

Other than that, all is perfect!!!

hey everyone, Im extremely new here in this forum, my first post still :lol: . I've recently signed up with MDWH, paid RM 2K deposit, but still deciding whether to take it locally or in HK.

Anyone of you mind to share your photos taken from MDWH? be it in HK or local. I need to know whether the quality of pics is there.

I personally think that their package is expensive, and I need to know whether it is worth :D

Thanks. Hope you can share it to iuhneis@hotmail.com

Hi iuhneis,

Wow...u paid rm2k deposit but not decided yet to proceed with their package??U r rich then...

What I can say is in terms of quality of service n professionalism, they r up to the expectations, as I do not experience any hactic...

In terms of price, cant comment so much coz everyone have their target and budget....If you add in all those air tkt, accomodations and spending money, they it's considered pricy...

I still have not get my photo yet..will share once i got it.

hi babes :)

finally had the chance to go to the new mdw shop. nice place! did what i was suppose to do (i.e. paid partial payment again) and got surprised that my validity date has been extended. eheh. anyways, i think me and fh will only go next year around this time of the year.

i agree that we can't compare them with other bridal houses in malaysia as their target group is different.

pricing wise i think its ok, in comparison with what our hk friends are paying for theirs.

i'm quite like vinniiii...my fh and i feels that its fortunate for us to be able to do this overseas...so we won't demand much and hopefully things will be fine

ok la. ssleepy now. next week anyone going to the shop again?

hi all,

I have just been to My dream wedding house. What they quote me as below:

The photoshooting itself cost RM6388 for 40 poses only and 2WG, 2EG, 2 grooms set for photoshooting only.

The wedding gown, 2evening gown and 1 tuxedo and 1 blazer for actual day cost extra RM400

Gridle and tuxedo shirt charge extra of RM205

Note: No including of "jie mei" photos.. no make up and hair do included for actual day. No MTV included.. if want MTV need additional of RM1500

No including of flowers for bride during actual day. No including of decoration for car. Hence, i feel is not really worth it!! What do u all think? Can share with me

your package?

if you're really interest to take ur pre-wedding photograph on HK with MDWH,

dont compare too much of the packages but their scenes, services and quality.

the price seems high if you compare with other bridal shop on m'sia. but decide which scenes u prefer n love more ? :biggrin:

i took the rm6388 package with rm500 rebate (rm5888 total) on mid valley wedding fair, another rm1500+rm1000 voucher that can be use for gown rental for actual days or top up photos at HK.

end up we top up another rm1600++ for the La Mer MV + Master CD without edit.

we feel that it's worth as it was our memories, anywhere it's depended :P

9/10 for their services (MDWH & Monalisa HK),

they're really professional, helpful and friendly i would say.

if you're expecting a very good service and smiles from they, then you should smiles and to be honest to they first.

doesnt you expect they would entertain or threat you like a king or queen while you're acting rude ? :biggrin:

and take note for the 40 poses at ur big album,

it was still 40 poses at ur big album even you purchase extra 10 or 20 poses from they.

the extra 10 or 20 poses will just add into your softcopies, you need to pay for the extra 10-20 poses / pages on the big album. and its maximum 60 poses at the big album even you purchase 100 poses, the rest will just put in small album or softcopies, u decide :biggrin: . and yes as stated by other couples, they didnt mention about no coating for the small album at KL, have to pay extra for that coating. thats why im not giving 10/10 for they as they didnt clarify about those optional extra charges at the first place. might be our faults as well as we didnt ask detaily earlier.. both of we get shocked and stunned by those extra charges (it's OPTIONAL anywhere) after chosen our photos at Monalisa HK :tongue:just share my experience and hope this would help, lol...

quite sastified for the output but cant share it right now as the album and copies will just arriving on Jan 2010.. :rolleyes:

well,enjoy urs photographing guys and girls :biggrin:

sry for my poor english and grammar, lol...

Wow Hinika,

Your package is really cheap, net only RM5888-RM2500 = RM3388.....I will take another set of pics if I get your package, as I paid for HK13,188 for the package = RM6000.

Wow Hinika,

Your package is really cheap, net only RM5888-RM2500 = RM3388.....I will take another set of pics if I get your package, as I paid for HK13,188 for the package = RM6000.

^^" shouldnt be calculate like that as the rm1000+1500 voucher was for gown renting/top up poses that not included in the package. so our package was still rm5888 that roughly around yours price too :biggrin:

2nd pre-wedding shoot? i would skip as it was really tired, haha... reserve for our anniversary shoot :D

Hi,

Wanted to ask u all if we were to take gowns for actual day from MDWH, may I know how much guarantee money to pay before we bring the gowns home??

Hi,

Wanted to ask u all if we were to take gowns for actual day from MDWH, may I know how much guarantee money to pay before we bring the gowns home??

it is rm2000 per pieces by cash. so 2 pieces cost 4000. it is really expensive. but for fews days, i think still ok la...

Hi,

it is rm2000 per pieces by cash. so 2 pieces cost 4000. it is really expensive. but for fews days, i think still ok la...

due to this reason, the vouchers that we get from signing up during the bridal fairs help alot...at least its 1 dress foc :)

Wow Hinika,

^^" shouldnt be calculate like that as the rm1000+1500 voucher was for gown renting/top up poses that not included in the package. so our package was still rm5888 that roughly around yours price too :biggrin:

2nd pre-wedding shoot? i would skip as it was really tired, haha... reserve for our anniversary shoot :D

Oh, at least the voucher can be used to develop additional photos, which is also worth it....at least to me :)

Hi all,

Just want to share my make PS experience in HK. Overall I am really satisfied and very happy with the outcome of the pic (compared to my m'sia PS and recent potrait PS in Shenzhen). I have just viewed all the pic twice but have not choosen the pic, have a feeling I will add a lot of pic

My MUA Ming is really good, the best MUA so far I have tried, compared to my M'sia PS MUA and 2 trial make up artist I did in M'sia (1 of the is the very popular MUA in this forum). The make up is really light but natural, I did not fee uncomforatble at all when the stick the eye lashes and draw the eye liner. The hairstyle is really nice too. 2 of the hairstyles I didn't like at first but she told me it will be nice. The outcome looked really nice as the assured me.

PG Edmund is really professional, a lot of nice pic and he can capture the nice side of me. He's so pro that he only needs to take few pic at 1 location and all turn up nice. Initially I was so worried that I do not have enough pic to choose. Out of 200+ pic he took, I can only elim abt 50 pic, and found abt 40 pic that I like (for potential enlargement). Compared to my M'sia PS where 380 pic was taken but only abt 80 pic that I think was nice

PG asst Joe was so funny and pro, very good at teaching us how to pose, where to look at and tell us jokes to make us laugh

Overall didn't regret taking pic at Mona Lisa........a very right choice made

The only disappointing thing was it was raining from 9am to 3pm on my PS day and I took pic in the rain and some scenes have to be eliminated due to the rain. Also because of the rain, it was so cold that I was shivering during the photoshoot, abt 15C

dear cutelinksy,

good to know that it was a good experience all together for you :)

i happen to be on the phone with wendy (mdw's sa) today and everything has made me feel so excited - despite that i do forsee that mine will only be at the end of next year!

babe, pls do share some pic with us if possible. :D Thanks, merry xmas and happy new year :D

dear cutelinksy,

good to know that it was a good experience all together for you :)

i happen to be on the phone with wendy (mdw's sa) today and everything has made me feel so excited - despite that i do forsee that mine will only be at the end of next year!

babe, pls do share some pic with us if possible. :D Thanks, merry xmas and happy new year :D

if yours is end of next year, i think u better choose nov, dec will be too cold.

i don't think i will get the pic soon, i will only choose or finalise the pic this sat, and they will not give u the soft copies until the album is ready, which will be in 3 mths time

Dear all,

I want to share with you my horrible photo selection process, the problem is with the sales, but I can't list her name here now since I have not received my album and do not know what she will do to my album. Below is the details, I hope you will not be that unlucky as me to fall into the same situation

Saturday, December 19, 2009 | 2.00pm to 11pm

Sunday, December 20, 2009 | 11.30am to 2pm

Really a dreadful day, arrived at 2pm as agreed. Waited 30 minutes for Miss X and started selection at 2.30pm but ended at 11.15pm (because a lot of waiting and discussion time in between too)! Had to continue selection the next day from 11.30am to 2pm!

A lot of pictures were so nice and it was hard to choose. Edmund took about 260 pictures for us. I actually selected 120 photos (35 included in the package, top up 85) that I liked but Miss X told me that if I add 100 poses, then free 10 poses. So I just need to choose another 15 poses to get free 10 poses. I then quickly selected 145 soft copies. After choosing, Miss X then told me I had to buy album in order to have the pictures touch up. And she told me to add xxx and end up the amount will be HK$17,000 (HK$11,800 + HK$5,200). The offer given was not good compared to My friend’s offer of HK$10,000.

I really didn’t like the way Miss X sells her stuff and it was kind of forcing me to add a lot of things as if I am very rich. Luckily My FH called me, that time was 9pm, when I was so tired, headache, confused (after 7 hours of photo selection) and nearly wanted to sign up for the HK$17,000 package. He then warned me to delete some photos, and thankfully he reminded me and woke me up from my confused state. I then deleted 41 photos and left with 104 photos. I keep on saying that I don’t want to add anything else to Miss X and she threatened that if I do not buy album, they will not touch up the pictures. And she did not allow me to have another day of photo selection and said she will wait until I finish selecting.

She only allowed me to leave when I paid HK$6,500 “deposit” for a HK$10,500 package she offered. I told her I was confused and wanted to think and she told me I can change my mind tomorrow when I continue the photo selection. We even wrote down the other offer (My friend’s offer). I reached home at 11.15pm, and had headache and felt giddy because of the tedious and dreadful photo selected process of 9 hours (longer than working hours) and I did not have time to have dinner.

The HK$10,500 package she offered included:

Top up 69 soft copies

Add 15 poses to the design album, total 50 poses

Add 2 small albums, 27 pictures each

Free 10 x 12 inch frame

“Savings” of $1,000

On the next day I went for photo selection at 11.40am (Miss X asked me to go at 11am) but she just arrived at work. Luckily I did not go at 11am. When I discussed the package with her and told her I wanted a big album like My friend and did not want to have a small album, and to change my package to this one (My friend’s package) with my deposit paid, she said I will not be able to do it. And she was not willing to give me any good offers anymore because I have already paid the deposit. She also promised me previously that I will have 13 pages for the design album when I add to 50 poses but today she told me it will be 10 or 11 pages only and did not say such thing yesterday. I definitely remembered she said so but she denied.

I got angry and then said I will not top up anything today. She asked me what I want in order to top up. I told her to give a free frame for 10R photo, she told me OK but after that she told me I have to reduce 1 small album instead. I was very fed up already and ended up paying and selecting the remaining pictures. I just want to end this process and go home to rest.

My final package of HK$12,000 package is as below (my friend only paid $10,000 for this similar package):

Top up 69 soft copies

Add 15 poses to the design album, total 50 poses

Add 1 big 10 x 14 albums

Free 10 x 12 inch frame

“Savings” of $1,000

After selecting, I realized that I can only collect the album after 4 months but it was stated 3 months in the invoice when I signed up for the package. I told her I need it urgently but she said she can’t help and I have to pay a fee if I want the album earlier. When I told her I do not want any words on the design album, she said it can’t be done. I told her I do not want stupid broken English in my album and she still said I can’t request because that is Mona Lisa’s style although she admit there are a lot of errors in those English words. This is really a stupid excuse. I told her I will reject the album if they include wrong words and she reluctantly added the request at the “order” to the factory.

As a conclusion, I think Miss X is very persistent and has “good sales tactic”. A lot of HK people were cheated by her sweet tongue and flattering praises, and ended up believing they had good offer and top up a lot of things. They will not realize her true face unless they are those who are not willing to top up, like me.

Dear cutelinksy,

How dreadful, shame on her for being late and being so pushy! Try not to let her tarnish your overall experience, I'm sure the results will be beautiful.

Hi gals,

I went for my PS with Mona Lisa Bridal, HK in Dec-08.

And keeping to their promise promptly, I received all my albums & framed enlarged photos by end Mar-09!

Delivery by DHL including insurance coverage = HKD1,500 (equivalent to RM600++)

A rep from Mona Lisa Bridal, HK called me on a Tuesday to confirm my address and voila, I got my stuffs the next day! :)

It was a wonderful experience though I succumbed to the cold weather in Dec-08 and was down with a bad flu.

But, it is true that you're being treated like a princess! Each time you change a gown, it's a different hairstyle with different set of accessories.

According to Mona Lisa Bridal, HK, the best time to have your PS will be in April i.e. mid-Autumn (just after the cold weather from Dec - Feb).

You may view my photos at http://www.mywedding.com/yeankellyn/galleries.html

I took the HKD17,888 package minus the MV - and seriously, no hidden costs & no extra charges.

Btw, you may choose to use fresh flowers at a package of HKD788/set. The set comes with a floral bouquet & floral hair accessories (as you can see from my photos).

Lastly, I am a large M-sized gal, hence I have a pair of big arms. The assistants in Mona Lisa Bridal, HK noted that and without asking, provided me with matching scarfs for each gown! Check out my photos again - I was never without a scarf :)

PM me if you seek clarifications... :)

Cheers,

Kellyn

Hi Kellyn,

I would like to ask your advice on having my photos done in Hong Kong like yourself. I was wondering whether you could share the whole process with me? I've looked through your photos and they are gorgeous, so vibrant and rich! I love your winter shots with the snow, you look amazing! I also have a few questions which I hope you won't mind answering. How many days were required for the photoshoot? Did you select the gowns in Malaysia or Hong Kong and whether you needed to bring anything for the photoshoot such as shoes or any other items? I'm currently living in Australia and will be returning to Malaysia to have my pre-wedding photos done and have limited time to browse the bridal shops but your pictures have pretty much sold it for me! I would really appreciate your advice and I thank you in advance.

Update: Many thanks Kellyn for your prompt response via PM, it's much appreciated!

Cheers,

Grace

Dear cutelinksy,

How dreadful, shame on her for being late and being so pushy! Try not to let her tarnish your overall experience, I'm sure the results will be beautiful.

yup, other than this and a little problem when signing up with SA, everything was excellent!

utopiamin, ur ps looks so nice... how much n wat was in ur package...

thanks

jojo

Hi Jojo,

I went back to mly last dec to visit mon liza, been serve by Mr.One. Through your experience, what do you think about them? Im in my final stage to choose between mon liza and house of picaso in sunway? Any advice?

thanks Irene

i had paid deposit at mydreamweddinghouse on impulse during 1 of midvalley fair in sept 09. few months down the road i realised other local BS offer better package at the same rate... im so upset now cos mydreamweddinghouse's package doesnt include AD's car decor, corsage and bridal gown, which are essentials. they say its a separate package tho they gave me voucher of RM2K (RM1.5K for gown + RM500 for makeup)... i dont think its enuf... cos 1 gown rental oredi cos abt 700+. all brides need at least 3 gowns (2 WG+1EG) and at least 2 groom's outfit... they said car decor i need to hire their partner ... another RM800+ ... so i think ill be paying more then other local experienced BS can offer... what do u guys think??? and i kinda like love vision and posh. i need to decide for PS in oct 2010! pls advise :dash2:

i guess thats an individual preference. I was already told that AD from m'sia's boutique will only be the rental of the dress.

And if you ask a not-so-fussy bride like me, i might just need 1 gown and a tux for FH. Furthermore, i'm more for the photos and not so much on the dresses for AD coz i want to go a little "softer" on that.

So, it's just purely individual preference. if you've already paid a deposit thats probably more than 30% of the whole package, maybe you should just go ahead with it and get a 2nd package from a local BS?

i guess thats an individual preference. I was already told that AD from m'sia's boutique will only be the rental of the dress.

And if you ask a not-so-fussy bride like me, i might just need 1 gown and a tux for FH. Furthermore, i'm more for the photos and not so much on the dresses for AD coz i want to go a little "softer" on that.

So, it's just purely individual preference. if you've already paid a deposit thats probably more than 30% of the whole package, maybe you should just go ahead with it and get a 2nd package from a local BS?

yea ive decided to stay w mydreamwedding. i went to a couple more local BS but non compared to the work of their album's concept. now next thing to decide whether to shoot it locally or in singapore. what about urself? when ru taking ur shoot... ?

Hi All, I want to sell "My Dream Wedding" RM500 gown rental voucher at only RM300 (expiry date 30/6/2010). If interested, pls email to ming_letters@hotmail.com Thanks

Hi sugarcubb,

v r jz bec from ps in hk.for the 1st session, myself try the groom tuxedo. End up, i nd to top up for the upgrade. the price sounds reasonable for me and yes, it is a way more different and special if compare to local bridal shop. Later part, it is my wife turn to try on gown. They will take out all the gown that you choose online through their website. Then tried and fit each pieces. However, my wife have some difficulty to choose her dream gown. So, v couldnt decide on which gown to choose. So, the staff lost patient to serve us. End up we keep looking at monitor (that they took photo on each fitting) and waiting them to assist. Too BAD, v keep waiting and have to looking for them. They seems lost in mission. No 1 around and have to ask their colleague to look for the staff that served us. I'm feel abit dissappointed. I knw they try to play some trick. Leave you alone there, waste your time and when the time close to their after office hour, then you will have to choose quickly and decide soon. So, v spend alot of time in this session. The time that v waste is keep waiting them to serve you. i thk add up we lost 2-3 hours sitting over there and keep looking at monitor to choose. The other disadvantage is v hv to choose the gown through monitor but dont have the chance to look and touch on the gown itself even you are onsite. Therefore, the gown fitting experience is dissappointed :sauer2: .

During PS, the mua guide us to their shop. We meet up 8.30am and proceed make up around 9am++. The make up session tk around 2hours. The make up service is excellent. Ady make an exccellent job. She is very friendly and very details. She will explained what she going to do plus yourself personal view into the make up. She really pro in make up and friendly. Acccording to my wife, she really went into details for anything related to make up. So, she very satisified and happy with her make up :wub: .

Then we proceed to PS at yahct. The experience is so fresh and excited. Overall, quite satisfied with the PS. The photographer really knw mk joke till both of us oso cant stop laughing even we feel abit lazy to laugh. Besides, he really particular on lighting and angle of shot. Besides, So, our experience with photographer is excellent. Besides, the assistant is very pro too. He act very fast and take care your tuxedo and gown so well. Besides, i didnt expect the assistant and mua keep helping to wipe our sweat during outdoor PS. Besides, v oso hv night shot as well which initially v thought dun hv. Besides, their photo shooting studio really well decorate like outdoor (plenty of colourful scene) and their background is the "real" and not just backdrop. So, the photographer, assistant and studio&PS venue is excellent :tongue: .

Time for your photo select session. V r quite impress with photo which quite tely wif our expectation. The scene are so beautiful and their special effect is so natural. The only problem here is v are more lazy to laugh...But overall, v r quite satisfied. So, end up we top up quite alot. However, their top up package is a way far expensive than local bridal shop. So, dont expect the equivalent return for the same value if for local bridal shop. So, satisfied with the SA. She is very experience SA and you must know the way to deal with her. Untill this stage, v r quite satisfied except GOWN FITTING SESSIONS.

V r going to select gown for our AD soon. If v face the situation as you, I will stand out and make the comment right here. V, as the customer will tell the truth whether happy or not especially when v get the BAD SERVICE wif wat v paid.

thanks for your detailed explanation. can I know did you take at mona lisa or france bridal? i like france bridal but was wondering why all took at mona lisa. any comments?

I am based in hk and have enquired the package below:

HK$13,888

20 pcs of 12 x 15 album (free 15 poses) and upgrade to computer effect album

20 pcs of 6 x 6 pcs

20 x 24, 5 x 7, 8 x 10 and 10 x 12 potrait

35 soft copies

2 indoor WD, 1 indoor EG and 1 outdoor WD

Can you share your package detail?

Thanks

Hi Cutelinksy,

My package is almost same like urs. Jz hv extra 5poses in 12x15 crystal album wif digital effect, 5-6 gowns. rebate for HK1000 and rm2000 voucher for AD gown. Besides, free delivery to malaysia. The reason i choose monalisa because they have new studio for Interior PS. I only can share more details later coz the list is not wif me.

Hi freshpropose,

Thanks for sharing. You seemed to know a lot for a guy :)

And your package seems very cheap compared to what I ask. (extra pose and extra gown). Can I check how does the crystal album look like? They showed me a "pearl album", that is with "glass" material as the cover. they said they do not have crystal album, not sure the one I saw was the crystal album

Can you share with me the details when you have the list so that I can bargain and not get cheated?

hi dear

mid to share with me as well? i oso just sign up cat_love2000@hotmail.com thank