String.. u remind me of my HB.. he was damn crazy into researching about Diamond before and after he got me the engagement ring. Is like making a ONCE-IN-A-LIFETIME decision... which stone to pick and which gal to marry... hahaha... nowadays he just look into diamond to proof a point - that he made the right choice to get me a Lazare at a good price. He happily teman me to shop for jewelry and will buy me diamond for anniversary/birthday present. B4 this, he never ever want to step into jewelry shop and of the opinion that diamond is a waste of money!

Anyone ever considers getting a heart brilliant diamond as engagement ring? Actually it's very nice, brilliant and unique BUT the price is slightly cheaper than round diamond... that's the best part.

I have a GIA 0.83ct E VS1 heart brilliant diamond pendant and I got it for RM14+k including setting (surround with small diamonds). I doubt we can get a round brilliant with similar quality for that price...

String.. u remind me of my HB.. he was damn crazy into researching about Diamond before and after he got me the engagement ring. Is like making a ONCE-IN-A-LIFETIME decision... which stone to pick and which gal to marry... hahaha... nowadays he just look into diamond to proof a point - that he made the right choice to get me a Lazare at a good price. He happily teman me to shop for jewelry and will buy me diamond for anniversary/birthday present. B4 this, he never ever want to step into jewelry shop and of the opinion that diamond is a waste of money!

Anyone ever considers getting a heart brilliant diamond as engagement ring? Actually it's very nice, brilliant and unique BUT the price is slightly cheaper than round diamond... that's the best part.

I have a GIA 0.83ct E VS1 heart brilliant diamond pendant and I got it for RM14+k including setting (surround with small diamonds). I doubt we can get a round brilliant with similar quality for that price...

kenji,

thanks man.... to think of it...u might be right.... let me go secretly compared and see.. :D

bunny,

wow..... u r one lucky gal....

nwb..

haha.. My HB already gila wanna marry me after pak toh for 6 mth but I took it as a joke. I told my HB tat if he wanna marry me, he must get me a diamond engagement ring by himself and PROPOSE. Actually this introduce him to the world of diamond and the beauty of diamond. Oh ya.. I gila diamond and I admit. Once he found the inner beauty of diamond, he also got addicted to it and he will no longer stopping me to look for diamond and will add on to my collection!!

So... gals.. hunting for an engagement ring SHLD be the MAN's job. Dun worry that they will be cheated or wat... Since they are spending their hard earned money, they will definitely check and ask and shop and compare till they get the best deal. Men are rather technical, they will find ways to read & understand the SPEC of a diamond, just like reading an electrical good operation manual. So no worries.. leave it on their good hand.

To me, an engagement ring will only be meaningful if it's my HB's best pick after all the sweat and hardwork of researching & shopping. So wat if it's not the best deal in town, it will be good enough if it's my HB's pick! Just the thought of him secretly walking into jewelry shop every now and then asking for info like a school student and researching on the internet like learning a new knowledge is good enough to melt my heart...

So... nwb, string & kenji... u r the MAN...

waaa..paktoh 6 mths already wanna propose.....ur HB lar..the MAN..

i'm almost 7 yrs with my gf so i think its about time... :)

My HB gila only.. I am not mah.. so he took 6 months to hunt for the engagement ring and bought a house before he finally proposed on my birthday. U see.. I am demanding.. I wan a ring and a house (his apartment not counted) !! hahaha :girl_devil:

7 years itch!!! Better tie the knot fast fast to ease the itch.. hahaha

My HB gila only.. I am not mah.. so he took 6 months to hunt for the engagement ring and bought a house before he finally proposed on my birthday. U see.. I am demanding.. I wan a ring and a house (his apartment not counted) !! hahaha :girl_devil:

7 years itch!!! Better tie the knot fast fast to ease the itch.. hahaha

hehe..ok.... oklar.... we bought a hse together ... so yep...hse got already..

just feel its about time lar...

anyway, wat's with the 7yrs itch thingy?..keke.. my frens was telling me also.... *puzzled* haha

It's a chinese saying "七年之痒" - 7 years itch.. Basically it says lotsa relationship once reaches 7 years, either party might be bored with each other, backside getting itchy and start to "look out" for new excitement. It has some truth in it to a certain extend la... my previous relationship was GONE on the 7th year too and there seems to be lotsa examples la.. Again, there are also many example where couples still deeply madly in love with each other despite many many many years together.. so we usually use it to tease ppl instead of taking it seriously.

It's a chinese saying "七年之痒" - 7 years itch.. Basically it says lotsa relationship once reaches 7 years, either party might be bored with each other, backside getting itchy and start to "look out" for new excitement. It has some truth in it to a certain extend la... my previous relationship was GONE on the 7th year too and there seems to be lotsa examples la.. Again, there are also many example where couples still deeply madly in love with each other despite many many many years together.. so we usually use it to tease ppl instead of taking it seriously.

ohh icic... hmm hopefully it doesn't affect my relationship.. it takes a lot to get to the 7th year....hmm

Quick quick go & check.. also check the date of the cert. Another possible reason for super low price is that the quality of the stone is tainted or stone was mishandled after the cert was issued.

Again... the price is cheap simply bcos the shop wanna clear all their stock and cash out due to bad market condition - that's all.

Hi guys there will be a few jewellery fairs this year.

1. MIJF - MALAYSIA INTERNATIONAL JEWELLERY FAIR 2009 - March 13 - 16 - PWTC

2. MALAYSIA INTERNATIONAL GOLD & JEWELLERY FAIR 2009 - March 20 - 23 - KLCC

3. MIJF - MALAYSIA INTERNATIONAL JEWELLERY FAIR 2009 - July 08 - 11 - KLCC

Perfect to hunt for jewellery. BUT i think the discounts on diamonds won't be great because most of the time they follow the international diamond price rate. Discount on workmanship etc will be great though.

Hi guys there will be a few jewellery fairs this year.

1. MIJF - MALAYSIA INTERNATIONAL JEWELLERY FAIR 2009 - March 13 - 16 - PWTC

2. MALAYSIA INTERNATIONAL GOLD & JEWELLERY FAIR 2009 - March 20 - 23 - KLCC

3. MIJF - MALAYSIA INTERNATIONAL JEWELLERY FAIR 2009 - July 08 - 11 - KLCC

Perfect to hunt for jewellery. BUT i think the discounts on diamonds won't be great because most of the time they follow the international diamond price rate. Discount on workmanship etc will be great though.

izt possible to get 0.5-0.55 carat diamond for <Rm4k (including setting) in those jewellery fair?

izt possible to get 0.5-0.55 carat diamond for <Rm4k (including setting) in those jewellery fair?

Hi, I'm sure you can but only if the stone is a very low quality stone.

I saw a 0.71 carat for sale before with setting at RM4200 but really bad quality.

Oh just a note guys/gals,

Le Lumiere is not a Tomei 'brand'.

It's actually an international brand but just not as established as Lazarre, Hearts on Fire etc.

Hi, I'm sure you can but only if the stone is a very low quality stone.

I saw a 0.71 carat for sale before with setting at RM4200 but really bad quality.

how bad? my requirement actually just above color G, above SI2, 0.5-0.55carat, excellent cutting.

Oh just a note guys/gals,

Le Lumiere is not a Tomei 'brand'.

It's actually an international brand but just not as established as Lazarre, Hearts on Fire etc.

Le Lumiere is indeed owned by Tomei. Tomei acquired Le Lumiere sometime in 2007.

how bad? my requirement actually just above color G, above SI2, 0.5-0.55carat, excellent cutting.

Hi girl, i hope you've been reading a little on some of the prices i posted earlier.

No way you can get an excellant cut 0.5 below 4k. And your total requirements will get you a stone that will cost you i think around 7-8k at least. If you hunt hard enough you might get at about 6k+.

Le Lumiere is indeed owned by Tomei. Tomei acquired Le Lumiere sometime in 2007.

I stand corrected. But Le Lumiere started as an international brand aiming to penetrate multiple countries and is slightly established in some of the asian countries. So even if they are under Tomei their goal is still to be internationally established.

string, It's a smart move of Tomei to acquire Le Lumiere instead of having to create a whole new brand & penetrate into local or asian market from ground zero. It's a better far strategy then other rivals.

Heya,

I'm new here. I have been going around to a few boutiques around the city.

I am torn between getting:

A) 1carat diamond, 3X Good, decent color

B) 0.7 - 0.8+ carat diamond, 3X Excellent, E,F,G color.

On one hand, a bigger diamond but sacrifice on quality and color. On the other, smaller but excellent quality.

Also, option B are branded diamonds. Le Lumiere or Lazare.

What would a woman prefer?

thanks

Heya,

On one hand, a bigger diamond but sacrifice on quality and color. On the other, smaller but excellent quality.

thanks

What about the clarity? And what is the diamond going to be used for? Ring? pendant?

This is really subjective, some will say size some will say quality.

But you will see that the 3X Excellant will be way way shinier (more brilliant) than the 3X Good.

Also, a 1 carat will be HUGE on a girls finger (if she has a ring size of like 6-11).

And she will definately wear it very very rarely. Scared finger kena chop. :tongue:

One more thing, if option 1 is not branded and option 2 is branded, if you opt to take a Lazarre, the price difference will be enormous.

Heya,

thanks

What about the clarity? And what is the diamond going to be used for? Ring? pendant?

This is really subjective, some will say size some will say quality.

But you will see that the 3X Excellant will be way way shinier (more brilliant) than the 3X Good.

Also, a 1 carat will be HUGE on a girls finger (if she has a ring size of like 6-11).

And she will definately wear it very very rarely. Scared finger kena chop. :tongue:

One more thing, if option 1 is not branded and option 2 is branded, if you opt to take a Lazarre, the price difference will be enormous.

it's for the proposal / engagement ring. I have thought about it actually....it would be big for her finger and the potential danger of her wearing it everyday. She's petite and has small fingers. But I want to get her at least a 1carat.

I have been spending the last few months searching for the right diamond. even in singapore and dubai. I am a fussy shopper.

I will be going back next month and get it. it's already long overdue....

it's for the proposal / engagement ring. I have thought about it actually....it would be big for her finger and the potential danger of her wearing it everyday. She's petite and has small fingers. But I want to get her at least a 1carat.

I have been spending the last few months searching for the right diamond. even in singapore and dubai. I am a fussy shopper.

I will be going back next month and get it. it's already long overdue....

Nice nice.

But really in the end its personal preference.

Some girls I know like bigger ones and others prefer higher quality ones (even though more prefer quality).

Seeing that you've been around (Dubai etc) and can afford something good, why not try a 1 carat with 3 EX Excellent? If its above your budget then I guess its up to you to find out what she would prefer. :smile:

you guys are good in these. lol..

just went to Brilliant Rose Bangsar and saw a 0.37ct, D VS2 for less than 3k, diamond only. it's not the brilliant rose series but round. i think there's 1 or 2 Excellent there and the rest are Very Good classification...

tempting

whoa....this sounds like a 'steal' .....

hmmm.. I got my diamond from Wah Chan

Price @ RM2.5K

D Colour

VS1

Ideal Cut

0.4 carat

if its brilliant rose cut @ RM3K I would say get it immediately. If its not, then shop around still for better offer.

Le Lumiere, or Love.. all this brand is gimmick. The cut is the same, love and arrows except brilliant rose. you are not going to sell it, not going to show ppl the certificate tat its lazare diamond,.. all the important is the sparkle.. wear it and it sparkles like hell dun care wat brand everyone will envy and ask for it. Lazare diamond 0.4 carat sold at 5-8K, but normal GIA cert diamond sold at 3K. for 8K u can get 0.6-0.8carat perhaps. I would go for the carat. Brand is a brand when u buy it, the price is for u to pay, when come to selling it .. (if something happen) .. jeweller wont tell u oh urs is lazare.. i pay u more. just my opinion. remember branding for diamond is oni mktg gimmick for u to have a reason to part a bigger portion of ur money.

blurcheryl,

May i know when you got the diamond? Cuz i've been to a few wah chan's these few weeks and the prices have gone up.

Yours is 3X ideal or just ideal cut (polish and symmetry = ideal also)? Cuz 3X ideal diamonds, 0.3 carat at wah chan is about RM3.3k.