Woops my mistake..

its actually

Carat : 0.43

Cut : 3 Ex

Clarity : VS2

Colour : G

$ - RM 4,688 (inclusive of WG setting)

GIA Cert.

What about this below. Please recomend overall.

Carat : 0.50

Clarity : SI1

Colour : H

$ - RM 4,950 (inclusive of WG setting)

GIA Cert. table claims to be within strict measurements like lazare

Colour : G

$ - RM 6,150 (inclusive of WG setting)

GIA Cert. claims to be within strict measurements like lazare

Carat : 0.42

Cut : Lazare

Colour : I

$ - RM 6,250 (inclusive of WG setting)

Thats a steal! Well done!

Where from?

If you havent bought it yet, check out the proportion of the stone. As even 3 Exs have a range in them, i.e the Table ranges in the 50s in percentage, best is 56-58%. And so forth for the other parts. GIA cert has the stone and its proportion clearly listed on the 3rd page. Check it out! You can use Degem Lazare's proportion as the guide, google it. If its all within Lazare's proportion, you have found yourself a true gem indeed! Lazare would have cost easily 80% more at least I reckon. :lol:

What you guys think of this?

Colour : H

$ - RM 4,688 (inclusive of WG setting)

GIA Cert.

Personally, I'd check out the 0.5c H SI1. Try and find out what kind of inclusions and where the inclusions are. If the inclusions are at the side and not at the table (more visible).. and no 'feather's that is close to any surface of the diamond (I actually will reject any diamond with a feather inclusion) .. I think it is a good deal.

The difference between G-H is very, very small and you just need to look really closely at the diamond to see if there are any defects that can be seen with the naked eye. My trick is to always make the diamond "dirty" ... rub it with your fingers, get it oily with fingerprints... and then look under white light. This makes the imperfections more visible. If you cannot see anything, then you got a good SI1. No point spending RM1K more to get the G VS2.

Hi, i'm looking for solitaire ring for my ROM in Dec. Budget ard RM3k incl. WG setting. Below are some loose diamond promo stated in Wah Chan brochure (Penang). Appreciate some advices from you guys..

GIA 0.32ct

E

VS2

3EX

RM1915 nett

GIA 0.4ct

E

VS2

3EX

RM2895 nett

GIA 0.4ct

F

VS2

3EX

RM2607 nett

GIA 0.41ct

H

VS2

3EX

RM2175 nett

they didnt mention bout fluoroscence though.. hmm

Wow! These prices are not bad.. not bad at all!! Check the certs, check the inclusions, check the laser inscriptions .. compare them side by side and get the one you like best! :smile:

Hi, i'm looking for solitaire ring for my ROM in Dec. Budget ard RM3k incl. WG setting. Below are some loose diamond promo stated in Wah Chan brochure (Penang). Appreciate some advices from you guys..

GIA 0.32ct

E

VS2

3EX

RM1915 nett

GIA 0.4ct

E

VS2

3EX

RM2895 nett

GIA 0.4ct

F

VS2

3EX

RM2607 nett

GIA 0.41ct

H

VS2

3EX

RM2175 nett

I will go for this one..

GIA 0.4ct

F

VS2

3EX

RM2607 nett

This is really really really "tai"..!

GIA 0.32ct

E

VS2

3EX

RM1915 nett

GIA 0.4ct

E

VS2

3EX

RM2895 nett

GIA 0.4ct

F

VS2

3EX

RM2607 nett

GIA 0.41ct

H

VS2

3EX

RM2175 nett

Wow! These prices are not bad.. not bad at all!! Check the certs, check the inclusions, check the laser inscriptions .. compare them side by side and get the one you like best! :smile:

I will go for this one..

GIA 0.4ct

F

VS2

3EX

RM2607 nett

This is really really really "tai"..!

Hi christine & merlott, will check it out with my FH :) tks!

Man..u sure u dun have any special business interest with them? Sure sound like you are promoting them with motives in mind.

Hi,

Everyone should check out Audrey's Iconic Jewellery. Their website is www.Audreys.com.my. They are Malaysia's first every website selling certified diamonds online at WHOLESALE prices! They also have a wide range of engagement ring settings to choose from and all at great prices. The service is excellent as well.

Audrey's has a showroom at Shangri-La Hotel, KL. They do all sorts of jewellery, and all at very very good prices when you consider the quality also.

sounds like a pretty good deal, hows the cut? GIA certified?

settings seem to be a bit on the high side if its for WG, though u didnt specify what type.. if its Platinum then its a steal.

Hi guys

Is this diamond worth it plus the settings.

Size: 0.45ct

Color : F

Clarity : VS1

Price : RM3700

Setting RM 1000

Haha! I also thought so when I read it! :P :P :P

Man..u sure u dun have any special business interest with them? Sure sound like you are promoting them with motives in mind.

Hi,

Everyone should check out Audrey's Iconic Jewellery. Their website is www.Audreys.com.my. They are Malaysia's first every website selling certified diamonds online at WHOLESALE prices! They also have a wide range of engagement ring settings to choose from and all at great prices. The service is excellent as well.

Audrey's has a showroom at Shangri-La Hotel, KL. They do all sorts of jewellery, and all at very very good prices when you consider the quality also.

Shouldn't he be banned by now?

Also, I went to check out the website.. the pricing there is NOT CHEAP at all. I've seen better at Wah Chan.

Hi,

I think to be worth it, it must be at least "very good" for polish + symmetry + cut with faint to no fluorescence. If it is triple excellent, then it is a good price.

Setting RM1000 white gold, make sure the white gold is mixed with palladium... if not, expensive.

Hi guys

Is this diamond worth it plus the settings.

Size: 0.45ct

Color : F

Clarity : VS1

Price : RM3700

Setting RM 1000

actually just found out my fren bought his engagement ring from audreys. he went to the website, found a stone then called the shop. he compared prices everywhere and said audreys was cheapest. wah chan and tomei and others will advertise diamonds but they dont give you all the full information on the diamond.

i wonder which country is it to buy cheap diamonds? south africa? is it worht buying diamond in malaysia?

Shouldn't he be banned by now?

Also, I went to check out the website.. the pricing there is NOT CHEAP at all. I've seen better at Wah Chan.

Hi,

Then his case must be an isolated one because I personally have been looking to purchase a few stones to set for my wedding jewelry and trust me, I've done very extensive research. I compare certs not just information listed on price tags so I definitely have all the information that I need to compare prices.

.. and also, Wah Chan & Tomei will have their GIA certs on hand if you want to check them out so ask. :smile:

Audreys is definitely only okay at best, not cheap. I've seen much better deals.

... and I really don't trust the business of buying diamonds over the internet! :tongue:

actually just found out my fren bought his engagement ring from audreys. he went to the website, found a stone then called the shop. he compared prices everywhere and said audreys was cheapest. wah chan and tomei and others will advertise diamonds but they dont give you all the full information on the diamond.

i wonder which country is it to buy cheap diamonds? south africa? is it worht buying diamond in malaysia?

Ya agree 101%. The GIA cert has everything you need to know about that piece of diamond, down even to the specific proportion of the diamond in question... err.. what else is there to know? When I bought my diamond, i checked the proportion (x%...) against branded cuts (lazare etc) to make sure the 3EX is top tier of the 3EX... So dont be shy shy to ask for the cert and look see look see..

Maybe I old fashion a bit, buy airline tickets, concert tickets I dun mind internet...but Diamond..I trust physical shop more laa.. can see can hold can confirm everything.. Internet too many risk for me..i.e Fake cert, fake diamond, postage risk etc... even if cheaper.. I dun mind paying extra $ for piece of mind from Shops.. at least if really suey kena something wrong..can still go back the shop and shout all the way till all the glass pecah in the shop... if internet kena con.. then shout and who o? write email or call a..maybe routed to Timbuktu or Bangalore... :dash2:

Then his case must be an isolated one because I personally have been looking to purchase a few stones to set for my wedding jewelry and trust me, I've done very extensive research. I compare certs not just information listed on price tags so I definitely have all the information that I need to compare prices.

.. and also, Wah Chan & Tomei will have their GIA certs on hand if you want to check them out so ask. :smile:

Audreys is definitely only okay at best, not cheap. I've seen much better deals.

... and I really don't trust the business of buying diamonds over the internet! :tongue:

Hi, I'm planning to propose towards the end of this year and I have been looking around at Diamond prices.

I was at Pavillion just last weekend and some rough prices were:

0.5 Carat VS1/VS2 E/F Triple Excellent was roughly 10k in most shops (except tiffany and lazare, those were more) with WG setting.

These are out of my price range as I am looking for something that's 6-7k. I then stumbled upon Audrey's (www.audreys.com.my) and their prices are much cheaper.

These are some I'm interested in. I like how everything is very neatly tabled and all are GIA certified.

0.5, G, VS2 Triple Ex- 5901

0.5, E, VS2 Triple Ex- 6967

These are stone only and their settings are about 1k.

Ao is Audreys the real deal or is it some kind of fake front etc etc? The prices look reasonable and I'm intereted in getting a stone + setting from there.

I've gotten diamonds that are cheaper then Audreys.

I would give some tips but I suspect that you are from Audreys who is here promoting the site.

Hi, I'm planning to propose towards the end of this year and I have been looking around at Diamond prices.

I was at Pavillion just last weekend and some rough prices were:

0.5 Carat VS1/VS2 E/F Triple Excellent was roughly 10k in most shops (except tiffany and lazare, those were more) with WG setting.

These are out of my price range as I am looking for something that's 6-7k. I then stumbled upon Audrey's (www.audreys.com.my) and their prices are much cheaper.

These are some I'm interested in. I like how everything is very neatly tabled and all are GIA certified.

0.5, G, VS2 Triple Ex- 5901

0.5, E, VS2 Triple Ex- 6967

These are stone only and their settings are about 1k.

Ao is Audreys the real deal or is it some kind of fake front etc etc? The prices look reasonable and I'm intereted in getting a stone + setting from there.

Perhaps the first poster who posted here is, but I'm definitely not affiliated with them in anyway. I'm a junior exec in an oil and gas company. You can quiz me about anything to do with Geology and Geophysics if you'd like. I really am looking for some tips! If there are really cheaper, I'm very interested. From what I've read on this thread, it's mainly Wah Chan and Tomei for economical diamonds right? When I go hunting however, it is very difficult to get a .5 carat f/g, vs1/vs2, triple excellent ring under 7 grand. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! If you want to rage on how expensive Audreys is, I'd be even happier, since I get to find something thats cheaper. :) Thank you in advance!

BTW, is this pricing current?

http://cdn.everydayonsales.com/wp-content/...nePromotion.jpg

http://cdn.everydayonsales.com/wp-content/...ealDiscount.jpg

I can't find anything near to these prices at Jewelry stores right now. Or am I looking at the wrong places? I work in KL so I've been mainly to KLCC and Pavilion shops.

Example above is 0.5, E ,VS2, triple excellent 5111-5200. If I can get it at this price I would be very happy but I can't seem to find these prices anywhere. Have diamond prices jumped since February?

No one is raging on that Audreys is expensive. It's not expensive, just not cheap. You can find cheaper stones with a little effort. However, if you rather not go through the trouble, then buy from Audreys. I suggest going to their brick and mortar store ... where you can haggle for a discount.

(Always haggle for a discount. There is always room to go down from a listed price.)

If you can wait, sales and fairs are the way to go. A friend of mine got his 0.5 G VS2 triple-ex, H&A for around RM4,600 this April from the Wah Chan fair. The WG setting was around RM700 (?) (not too sure about this, but definitely lower then RM1000).

The links you have are not current. The promotion period is stated on both JPGs.

Diamond prices went up around 30% ... end of March 2011, I think ........ due to a wage hike in India where most diamonds are cut.

Perhaps the first poster who posted here is, but I'm definitely not affiliated with them in anyway. I'm a junior exec in an oil and gas company. You can quiz me about anything to do with Geology and Geophysics if you'd like. I really am looking for some tips! If there are really cheaper, I'm very interested. From what I've read on this thread, it's mainly Wah Chan and Tomei for economical diamonds right? When I go hunting however, it is very difficult to get a .5 carat f/g, vs1/vs2, triple excellent ring under 7 grand. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! If you want to rage on how expensive Audreys is, I'd be even happier, since I get to find something thats cheaper. :) Thank you in advance!

BTW, is this pricing current?

http://cdn.everydayonsales.com/wp-content/...nePromotion.jpg

http://cdn.everydayonsales.com/wp-content/...ealDiscount.jpg

I can't find anything near to these prices at Jewelry stores right now. Or am I looking at the wrong places? I work in KL so I've been mainly to KLCC and Pavilion shops.

Example above is 0.5, E ,VS2, triple excellent 5111-5200. If I can get it at this price I would be very happy but I can't seem to find these prices anywhere. Have diamond prices jumped since February?

Thanks for the tips, I don't think I can wait for the fair as most of them seem to be in February-April (Valentines/Mothers day). I plan to propose sometime in October so I'll have a look at a few places before I finally buy the ring. Here's my list:

1. Wah Chan (Time Square/Mid Valley biggest?)

2. Audrey's Shangri La Store, try to haggle, thanks for the tip!

3. Tomei (Which shop is biggest?)

Thanks for the tips, I don't think I can wait for the fair as most of them seem to be in February-April (Valentines/Mothers day). I plan to propose sometime in October so I'll have a look at a few places before I finally buy the ring. Here's my list:

1. Wah Chan (Time Square/Mid Valley biggest?)

2. Audrey's Shangri La Store, try to haggle, thanks for the tip!

3. Tomei (Which shop is biggest?)

You may wan to give Degem Bangsar a try. The pricing u got from Audrey is more expensive than Degem. E vs2 0.5 3Ex selling around 5.5k to 6k at most depending on the cut, flourescent, and type of inclusion,p(Among the 3EX, there r some which are more superior than others too). For G vs2 3EX, pricing should be at most early 5k. Pricing for setting is really depend on the design, and whether the jewelry shop make it hollow or solid. I have seen two similar setting but the big diff in weight. After all, it all goes back to the amount of gold and quality of gold they are using in making the setting.

Look for Michael (manager) in Degem Bangsar and tell him your budget and criteria. He will find u something good. I have been design with him for many many years.

i've missed wah chan promo in may n the diamond price has gone up twice within these 2 months. with the same budget as previous around 3k incl. settings, can u guys pls let me know whether below is a good deal or not? really couldn't find similar offer from other jewellery shops at this budget.. tks!

0.44, G, SI1 (stated Crystal on the cert, fluoroscence none) Triple Ex - RM2800

4 claws 18k WG settings RM650

there's a black mark on the stone though..

Tomei is having a Hari Raya promotion now. Very interested in Lumiere diamonds. How much of an improvement are they over normal GIA ones? I'm not really going to check for the heart and arrows all the time but the "brand" has a nice ring to it. My partner is also more fond of Lumiere and she's ok with a smaller diamond too. Half carat G/H, VS1 triple Ex Lumiere with setting is around 9k (white gold). That's quite a bit over my budget but if the upgrade is huge in terms quality, I don't mind.

I've asked the salesman to bring .5 carat loose diamonds for me to have a look at this week (both GIA and Lumiere). I noticed it's about 2-3k difference between a .5 Lumiere and a .5 GIA of the same colour and clarity (of course the cut is better with Lumiere). Do you, my esteemed sifus, think it's worth it and is the price ok? Also they have a 0 interest plan which I don't need. I tried haggling for a discount if I paid straight up with a credit card but they're not very flexible on that. Thanks!

@ Jason, yes loose diamond means without the ring.

I finally took the plunge and bought my ring. Some of my thoughts on buying a diamond ring:

1. Of the 4cs, Carat is no.1, no matter how good your other 3c's are, being Malaysians, we will always ask about size first. 0.3 is standard for Malaysians lar, since that's the minimum to get a GIA certificate. 0.4 and above is a luxury/nice upgrade. Big price jumps @ 0.5 and 1.0 carats since half carat or full carat are like the "milestones". Of course if you buy something like that, it's really a great symbol of love/commitment.

2. 2nd most important C is Cut, cut grade determines how shiny your diamond will be as light reflection etc is heavily affected by the cut. This makes the diamond look very sparkly if the cut is Triple excellent. (according to my research lar, I'm not really an expert). Try to get a GIA triple excellent stone if possible, you can sacrifice on Colour and Clarity but triple ex is very important. Also to ensure a good shape/cut, try to get a branded cut like Hearts and Arrows (Le Lumiere, Tomei), Hearts on Fire or Lazare (these 2 are really expensive). I recommend Lumiere as you pay about 20% premium on your triple ex Lumiere compared to a normal GIA. Hearts on Fire and Lazare are 2-3 times more expensive than a normal Triple Ex GIA. Of course the cut is the only thing that companies/people can control so special cuts have special brands. If you buy a cheap GIA diamond from Wah Chan, basically it's just a generic diamond lar. If you pay premium for a "brand cut" diamond like Le Lumiere, Tiffany, Lazare or Hearts on Fire, at least people recognize the brand.

3. Colour and Clarity are also quite important but I rank them the least important lar. Basically all those specs are not very useful if you can't see them with your naked eye. No one will ask you for your GIA cert/ask what colour and clarity is your wife's diamond. Basically Big + Sparkly (Carat + Cut) are what normal people notice. Basically anything from D-I are near colourless to the naked eye. Big price jump from G to F so I recommend getting something thats G-I. As for Calrity, Anything down to SI1 is invisible to the naked eye. Try to get VS2/SI1, as SI 2 you start seeing the inclusions.

Another useful tip, find a G-I colour stone with Faint to Medium Fluorescence. Why? Read this:

http://www.pricescope.com/wiki/diamonds/diamond-flourescence

"The truth is that fluorescence rarely affects a diamond's sparkle and brilliance, and in warmer or lower colored diamonds, fluorescence makes them look whiter or more colorless."

Basically if you have a G-I stone, the blue fluorescence actually makes the stone whiter, bumping the colour up a notch, so stones with fluorescence should be more ex right? No!

"The most likely reason that fluorescent diamonds are discounted is because many jewelry salespeople are not able to explain the complex phenomenon called fluorescence. When the word “fluorescence” is written on a grading report, the diamond is simply harder to sell."

Fluorescence can also be bad lar:

"Some diamonds have extremely strong fluorescence and appear oily or cloudy like the one in the picture below. This diamond has extremely strong fluorescence in direct (left) and indirect shaded (right) cloudless mid morning sunlight."

As long as you stick to faint-medium and don't go to strong fluorescence, you should be ok.

So my advice after researching for a few months non-stop, is: Buy a good quality triple Ex cut (brand or no brand up to you, this one mainly to do with "face") with ok-ok Colour (G-I) and Clarity (VS1-SI1) + Faint- medium Fluorescence (makes the diamond cheaper AND whiter) with THE BIGGEST POSSIBLE CARAT size. Honestly as Malaysians, we think big (carat) and shiny (cut) is good, so lets just go with that. How white (colour) and how many microscopic particles (clarity) people will honestly never notice as long as not too obvious.

After all that, I finally purchased this ring from Tomei, KLCC:

0.51 Carats, Triple Excellent Le Lumiere Hearts and Arrows Cut, H Colour, SI1 Clarity, Faint Fluorescence with WG setting for RM7388. I'm not sure if it's a good deal but compared to

0.50 Carats, Triple Excellent Le Lumiere Hearts and Arrows Cut, G Colour, VS1 Clarity, No Fluorescence- RM92xx

0.50 Carats, Triple Excellent Le Lumiere Hearts and Arrows Cut, H Colour, VS1 Clarity, No Fluorescence- RM8999

I think I got a really good deal. Can't compare to the pre-May 2011 prices lar, since the price or diamonds jumped alot since the wage hike in India for the diamond cutters. All the best and good luck!