More quote with following spec. Which one more worth?

0.34c F VS2 ideal cut ,True Love SK - RM 4800. (WG setting)

0.34c G VS1 ideal cut, Le Lumiere - RM 4899 (WG Setting)

0.31c I VS1 ideal cut, Lazare - RM 4900 (WG Setting)

Hi everyone,

Need some expertise from u all. About 1 year plus ago i bought a diamond ring from Diamond & Platinum Estrella series. Recently my wife found out that the diamond is no longer shines and after careful look on it, we saw that the bottom of the diamond broke into 2 pieces. We went back to the shop in MV and complain but they said its no warranty. They took the ring and check whats the reason for it to breke and they said is because something sharp had hit the diamond. My wife doesnt do any hardwork and is a very careful person. The most is sometimes she wear it to wash some pots/ wok. But what i know is diamond is the hardest stone on earth and how come it can break? What should i do? If anyone experience this before please help me thru this. The diamond cost me around 4k.

Thanks in advance...

Hi, just got a quote from De gem, once I saw the lazare diamond then I attracted to it.

Beautiful colour and very shining. Was in one utama, I got the quote as below,

0.32ct G VS1 ideal cut with WG setting. Rm 6500 (before less)

After discount is rm5560 nett. You guys think is reasonable price or it can be better price if look for Michael in Bangsar?

Thanks

Hi, just got a quote from De gem, once I saw the lazare diamond then I attracted to it.

After discount is rm5560 nett. You guys think is reasonable price or it can be better price if look for Michael in Bangsar?

Thanks

Hi ninjaboy ,

My opinion is besides Lazare . you may consider the diamond sold in Degem , non-Lazare categorized but comes with GIA cert. Perhaps with RM5k plus you may get about 0.4 carat (something bigger). But I believe color G VS 1 and ideal cut is good enough. :-)

My hubby bought mine from Degem Bangsar. His sales person is Eric Ooi. Pretty friendly and helpful guy too :-)

Thanks

Hi ninjaboy ,

My opinion is besides Lazare . you may consider the diamond sold in Degem , non-Lazare categorized but comes with GIA cert. Perhaps with RM5k plus you may get about 0.4 carat (something bigger). But I believe color G VS 1 and ideal cut is good enough. :-)

My hubby bought mine from Degem Bangsar. His sales person is Eric Ooi. Pretty friendly and helpful guy too :-)

Thanks Joanne, I thought this post is no longer active, this post is very useful for first time diamond buyer like me.

How do ou compare Lazare damond and Lumiere diamond? And also GIA diamond better compare to Lazare? Or because of the carat?

To All of you who owns a Diamond ring, it is now pretty common to have diamond falling out of its settings. Pls be careful! To those who wanna know more about my horrific nightmare with WC, pls PM me! Bought 0.52 crt diamond ring from WC, diamond dropped off after 3 mths wearing . I'm most willing to share my experience, pictures, and emails with you! Pls share this thread & Spread the word so that no one will have to endure this kinda loss again!

To All of you who owns a Diamond ring, it is now pretty common to have diamond falling out of its settings. Pls be careful! To those who wanna know more about my horrific nightmare with WC, pls PM me! Bought 0.52 crt diamond ring from WC, diamond dropped off after 3 mths wearing . I'm most willing to share my experience, pictures, and emails with you! Pls share this thread & Spread the word so that no one will have to endure this kinda loss again!

Sorry to hear that what happen to you, that's why their diamond always got promotion

To be honest , I guest you can't view it from naked eyes. In term of eyes , you can't differentiate which one is Lazare / Lumiere. GIA is not to be said as better compared to Lazare. It's just a diamond , without brand , however certified by GIA body. Lazare / Lumiere is a branding. The price of Lazare / Lumiere diamond is expensive due to the branding (of course it's nice too :-) )

Hope you manage to get the right "stone" :)

To be honest , I guest you can't view it from naked eyes. In term of eyes , you can't differentiate which one is Lazare / Lumiere. GIA is not to be said as better compared to Lazare. It's just a diamond , without brand , however certified by GIA body. Lazare / Lumiere is a branding. The price of Lazare / Lumiere diamond is expensive due to the branding (of course it's nice too :-) )

I agree with you Joanne, but I prefer 6 prongs compare to 4 prongs and most of the Lazare diamond has 6 prong which make the diamond bigger and stand. For Lumiere, they most have 4 prong and if 6 prongs have to go higher carat.

I am planning to visit Bangsar hope there are more choices there. Just visited pavilion degem and tomei and just got a quote for Lazare 0.37c , vvs1, H colour , ideal cut with almost same price tag as the 0.32c quote from 1 utama degem. Hopefully can choose a better ring soon. Headache. Haha but it's fun

I agree with you Joanne, but I prefer 6 prongs compare to 4 prongs and most of the Lazare diamond has 6 prong which make the diamond bigger and stand. For Lumiere, they most have 4 prong and if 6 prongs have to go higher carat.

I am planning to visit Bangsar hope there are more choices there. Just visited pavilion degem and tomei and just got a quote for Lazare 0.37c , vvs1, H colour , ideal cut with almost same price tag as the 0.32c quote from 1 utama degem. Hopefully can choose a better ring soon. Headache. Haha but it's fun

Heh , okies. Enjoy. but I'll prefer you to get a 0.4+ carat GIA stone than 0.3+ carat Lazare (if it's the same price). Eventually , still is the size make the difference from the naked eyes :-)

Heh , okies. Enjoy. but I'll prefer you to get a 0.4+ carat GIA stone than 0.3+ carat Lazare (if it's the same price). Eventually , still is the size make the difference from the naked eyes :-)

Look at the gem GIA diamond still felt that Lazare is nicer. Quoted by the manager in Bangsar, 0.35c I colour, VS1 , Lazare ideal cut for 4.6k. Do you think is worth it??

Hmm ... perhaps you can contact Eric Ooi (Degem Bangsar) at 012-405 2599 to recommend you whether there's other option with the budget of 4,6k ?

No harm get second opinion. He's the person who recommended the 'stone' to my hubby :)

Hmm ... perhaps you can contact Eric Ooi (Degem Bangsar) at 012-405 2599 to recommend you whether there's other option with the budget of 4,6k ?

No harm get second opinion. He's the person who recommended the 'stone' to my hubby :)

Oh. I just went there to meet Michael. It will be not so nice if I get from someone else from the same branch right??

Oh. I just went there to meet Michael. It will be not so nice if I get from someone else from the same branch right??

Then ar , nvm lo ... I think the price you quoted is ok. Is it white gold / platinum ?

Then ar , nvm lo ... I think the price you quoted is ok. Is it white gold / platinum ?

It's white gold. I change setting and he did not charge even it is few gram heavier for my new setting, so I am seriously thinking about that.

Do you know are they doing any installment plan?? For degem ?

It's white gold. I change setting and he did not charge even it is few gram heavier for my new setting, so I am seriously thinking about that.

Ah I see. Let's check how much more you have to top up for platinum ring.

Yah , I guess they have 6-month instalment. You can confirm with them :-)

Why need to change to platinum?? Nicer??

Why need to change to platinum?? Nicer??

Platinum is pricier ... Platinum won't turn yellowish , whereby whitegold will (eventually)

Dear all,

I'm new here and would like to ask for your opinion, especially from the gals out there...

I intend to buy a diamond ring for my FW as proposal ring but don't know what is the best for her. I've been reading this thread and I think majority have good words about Degem at Bangsar so i might get there in one of these days to find out more or perhaps to buy on spot.

My budget is about RM6-7k. Her size is rather small, does not wear a ring and basically don't know much about diamond so I'm not sure what specs should I get for her...

Please share your preference so that I can get her something that she might like...

Thank you.

Dear all,

I'm new here and would like to ask for your opinion, especially from the gals out there...

I intend to buy a diamond ring for my FW as proposal ring but don't know what is the best for her. I've been reading this thread and I think majority have good words about Degem at Bangsar so i might get there in one of these days to find out more or perhaps to buy on spot.

My budget is about RM6-7k. Her size is rather small, does not wear a ring and basically don't know much about diamond so I'm not sure what specs should I get for her...

Please share your preference so that I can get her something that she might like...

Thank you.

Hi ,

You may consider GIA cert stone , about 0.4carat ,or abit bigger (less than 0.5 carat) , color I , VS1 , platinum setting with that budget , I guess :-)

Sales person : Eric Ooi (Degem Bangsar) at 012-405 2599

My husband bought mine with him :)

Dear all,

Thank you.

Hi ,

You may consider GIA cert stone , about 0.4carat ,or abit bigger (less than 0.5 carat) , color I , VS1 , platinum setting with that budget , I guess :-)

Thanks Joanne for your prompt and informative reply.

Not a bad specs but I wanna ask, between color I and F, would there be obvious different by naked eyes? And what sort of design I could get within the budget?

Thanks again. :)

Dear all,

Thank you.

Hi ,

Thanks Joanne for your prompt and informative reply.

Not a bad specs but I wanna ask, between color I and F, would there be obvious different by naked eyes? And what sort of design I could get within the budget?

Thanks again. :)

My pleasure to help ;)

You can hardly differentiate color F and color I from naked yes. But you need to go for brilliant / perfect cut.

Aggred with Joanne, I have seen H , G and I colour stone. I really can't differentiate but the price can tell. Hehe

Hehehe ... I really love the stone that I'm owning now , 0.7 carat , color H , VS1 , brilliant cut on the platinum setting :-)

Especially while wearing with my wedding band , it looks like so 'huge' ... hahaha ...